Etihad Airways

"Etihad has been consistently appalling"

Trip Verified | I am an Australian citizen who is desperately trying to return home from the UK. I flew with Etihad last year into London and found them pleasurable but it appears that a company's true character is revealed when the chips fall. Indeed, during this COVID pandemic, Etihad has been consistently appalling. There are a number of Facebook groups for Australians who are currently stranded overseas and it is agreed upon that Etihad is the worst airline to secure seats back. They are constantly overbooking economy and business class passengers so that the only way to be confirmed to fly with them is via first class seats. They are fully aware of the Arrival Caps in Australia and yet they continue to provide false hope to thousands of Australians only to later cancel their flights at a moment's notice (my most recent cancellation was yesterday, 8 days from my travel date, after I had already made arrangements to leave and pack up my entire life here). Their customer service is equally appalling. I was openly bawling on the phone when they said that their next available flight was TWO MONTHS LATER. They provided zero comfort, zero assurance I would make this flight, zero information about how many people had already booked so I could ascertain the likelihood of my being bumped for a third time. I realise their customer support staff are not counsellors but surely they are not robots. I will never book with them again.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I could only have a credit applied"

Trip Verified | Myself and my partners flight was cancelled 12 days before our scheduled departure without notice. The only way I found out was by refreshing the itinerary in the app daily, when it just disappeared one day! We had quit our jobs and moved out of our apartments relying on this "Confirmed" flight with Etihad to fly from NYC to Sydney on December 3. When I called Etihad to see when the next available flight would be or to see if I would be refunded, the employee told me that I could only have a credit applied to my account for the cost of the flight to use on Etihad exclusively within 12 months. Seeing as we needed to get home for Christmas and that they have no available flights for the next 3 months this "travel credit" is seemingly useless (and they know this).
RouteNew York to Sydney via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2020

"obvious and effective COVID-Safe practices in place"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Despite many airlines flailing around and scrambling to cut costs throughout 2020's COVID pandemic, Etihad still maintains the top-spot on my personal airline tier list. Boarding and disembarking was flawless with obvious and effective COVID-Safe practices in place. Throughout the flight all passengers (regardless of seating class) were looked after by friendly, polite and professional cabin staff. Another excellent flight on Etihad.
RouteGeneva to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2020

"no physical distancing from Abu Dhabi to Karachi"

Not Verified | Great physical distancing and socially responsible on Toronto to Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately, no physical distancing from Abu Dhabi to Karachi. How deplorable for such a big airline to act so irresponsibly. Emirates was only 200 hundred dollars more, however I had to buy ticket in emergency and couldn't wait for Emirates date to fly due to emergency in the family.
RouteToronto to Karachi via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2020

"COVID safety clearly in place"

Trip Verified | Business Class outbound August and returning September Abu Dhabi Airport was very quiet, in so sailed through check In and Security . Lounge food was order only and served in plastic but considering the Covid - it is what it is. Both flights were exceptional COVID safety clearly in place with Staff enforcing masks and requirements. Both flights quiet, so staff offered attentive service at all times - food was good yet menu had less options but similar to Non Covid times. I am Gold with Etihad and have been flying them since they began operations - One has witnessed the good and bad times but this flights team were top marks. A special call out to the male cabin crew member on my return who could not be more professional. Top marks - in these challenging times - Its great to see high morale on service. I for one remain loyal to Etihad - like all services there have been slips but they try hard.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I hope to fly with you again soon"

Trip Verified | Etihad They offer good services for a very reasonable price and is my favourite airline! Unfortunately, due to Covid, I had to cancel my flight which was booked for July. I understand that this pandemic is incredibly difficult for airlines, and even though I had to wait a little while, everything was solved very well. Thank you, Etihad and I hope to fly with you again soon!
RouteAbu Dhabi to Casablanca
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I never did get the refund"

Not Verified | This is concerning the refunds which were promised after the flight to Colombo was cancelled. Due to Covid-19, we were not able to embark on our flight to Dusseldorf, as it was cancelled. We had expected this, and therefore it did not come as a surprise. In order to get my tickets refunded, I called Etihad in the third week of July, and they promised me the full flight would be refunded within 40 days. I was very pleased with the quality and kindness of the helpdesk. However, I never did get the refund that I was promised, and when I tried to call Etihad from the Netherlands, I couldn't get anyone on the phone. Chatting on Facebook and sending an e-mail also did not work. I really would like to get the refund, as it was paid from my own pocket and I am studying currently. Hence, even though the customer service was well set up when I called in July, I haven't been able to contact Etihad since, and I have not been contacted by them either to inform me about the refund.
RouteDusseldorf to Colombo via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"got a free cushion and amenities"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Comfy seats with legrest. I got a free cushion and amenities which was nice. Not much food options though. The crew were welcoming and enthusiastic in serving the customers.
RouteColombo to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2019

"A nice first class service"

Trip Verified | When I entered the plane a nice welcome was done by the cabin crew who gave me a champagne with Arabic dates. They prepared the bed on my first class suite. Sleep was ok. The next morning the crew served me breakfast with lot's of options to eat. About 2 hours before landing in Paris the crew asked whether I needed a shower and I said yes. The plane had a shower area. I showered and after landing the crew greeted me goodbye. A nice first class service that I recommend to others.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteColombo to Paris via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2019

"The worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Abu Dhabi flight on 23 September was canceled. I was calling to call center on 20th and 21st of September. The worst service I faced from all airlines i used to fly before. The girl who answered call on 21/09 was rude, and provide me wrong information. If in my hand, I will get refund and never buy tickets from Etihad. The worst customer service. Will not recommend
RouteMoscow to Abu Dhabi