Etihad Airways

"airport experience was one of the worst"

Trip Verified | The airport experience was one of the worst due to the fact that Etihad outsources the local Thai company which can boast of having the worst and most unfriendly staff. The worst person was the duty manager who even mocked at my wife who was a wheelchair patient. The lounge was outsourced as well and was a pathetic dump. Luckily I had a priority pass and could use other lounges. Boarding started on time and the flight was packed in every seta. The plane was dated but the service was overall very good by the Etihad crew. IFE was not bad and the food quality was very nice. Wifi packages were reasonable and I was able to buy it using my miles. The best part was that we landed 50 minutes ahead of schedule which was wonderful!
RouteBangkok to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Don’t waste your money booking seats"

Trip Verified | My sister and I flew from Singapore to Manchester. Although the booking was made through lastminute.com I chose my return seats direct with Etihad. I paid for them and both on row 44 yet when I got on the plane someone was sat in my seats and refused to move. When I looked at my boarding card I’d been given different seats to the ones I’d pre booked. I was very unhappy with this confusion and it would definitely put me off booking with Etihad again. Please see below. What’s worse is no one from the airline cares at all that they’ve stolen my money. No one has replied to the 6 emails I’ve sent. It’s £45 ! I don’t care about the money it’s just disgusting, arrogant and theft. I flew 7 weeks ago now. I will always look to fly with other airlines form now on. Don’t waste your money booking seats.
RouteSingapore to Manchester via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Horrible airline and will never fly with them again. I tried to upgrade 2nd leg of my journey. They said my bid not successful and i can increase my bid. Which I tried failed as their website not allowed. 3 -4 hrs before 2nd check in at Abu Dhabi airport got mail saying there is issue with charging me for my upgrade bid. Which I fixed and they charged my card. Then drama started. Not getting confirmation, approached transfer desk 3 times they said call call center. Called them being told connect to transfer desk. After ping pong finally able grab call centre they said checking with other team what is happening. Same happened with 3 consultants 3 times by the time after 10-15 call got disconnected. Tried to chat they said wait for confirmation mail. Boarding started, flight about close in 20 min, called again 4 time was told call back to check status in 10 min. Called again 5th tome after 10 min just before flight close , was finally for answer we its system error they sent email and charged my card , though business seats available, i got error mail saying my bid success wrong charge. Traveling with my daughter and anguish they caused both of us. After 14 hr flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi and 14 hr layover at airport, not even proper seating available and paid lounge fully booked. They supposed to provide hotel for long gap, was told rudely at Sydney airport they dont provide hotel as it was my choice to take later flight with 14 hr layover. I tried to explain to her, she is adamant there is earlier flight. Finally what a horrible trip.
RouteSydney to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"disappointed with the schedule changes"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with the schedule changes. My flights were changed 5 to 6 times after I had booked. Finally I rebooked a flight with them and the flight got delayed after I took the first leg. I am not sure if they are attracting day tourists by doing this!
RouteMumbai to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"they reimburse only hotels in Abu Dhabi"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Me and my wife booked a flight from Melbourne to Greece with Etihad for November 11, 2022. After spending several hours in the plane, the flight was finally cancelled and at 3AM they told us to look for a hotel ourselves, something we did. The next day we went to the Etihad desk at Melbourne airport and they told us that we will get reimbursed for our hotel expenses (two tickets stayed in one room). They told us to submit the papers through their website. One the 12th we flew to Greece with Emirates and arrived on the 13th. I have been trying to find the forms and the site to submit the necessary paperwork but after two days I was not able to discover anything. Today I called their customer service in Greece and in Emirate and the amazing answer they gave me is that they reimburse only hotels in Abu Dhabi! I told them this was not fair since I am not asking any compensation for the over 24-hour delay involving two passengers but only to pay for my hotel. The answer was still the same no compensation for hotels outside Abu Dhabi. Conclusion: Etihad lied to me in Melbourne about hotel compensation. They did absolutely nothing for the long delay. While waiting in the airplane for several hours they offered us water and some salty pretzels. Completely unacceptable.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A320
RouteMelbourne to Athens via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"product is much better than Emirates First"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Geneva in First on a 787-9. Probably the best flight I had. Crew was outstanding, formal and professional, yet engaging with passengers. The seat is stunning, very roomy, elegant, and does not feel claustrophobic. Food was extremely good: the menu is not that extensive but the quality of every dish is very high. You can order anything from the onboard menu, at any time. Pajamas provided are designed by a local Emirati brand A Friend Of Mine: drawing inspiration from traditional Emirati dress, I found these pajamas to be incredibly soft and comfortable. Amenity kit is stocked with Acqua di Parma products. In my opinion, this First class product is much better than Emirates First. Some areas of improvement: no amenities are offered in the toilet; WiFi quality and speed could be better (First passengers are given 200MB for free); champagne could be enhanced (Etihad serves Charles Heidsieck 2006, both Brut and Rosé, while Singapore Airlines, e.g., serves Krug in First). Other than that, a flight close to perfection. The First Class Lounge & SPA at Abu Dhabi airport is beautifully designed and worth spending at least 2 hours.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAbu Dhabi to Geneva

"3½ hours of mediocrity"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Abu Dhabi in Economy. 3½ hours of mediocrity. The seat is pretty thin, and comes without any kind of screen for personal entertainment. You can watch movies via the onboard streaming system but the seat does not feature any kind of support for your smartphone. I ordered a low-calorie meal which was ok, but too much plastic is being used (starting from the cutlery). Some crew members looked annoyed by passenger requests. Plane was a 7 year-old A321 which was clean and in great condition. Out of the Gulf carriers and Turkish Airlines, Etihad provides the worst product in Economy class on a narrow body plane.
RouteBeirut to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Etihad just overbooks flights"

Not Verified | Etihad just overbooks flights, 9 people could not board! My flight was over booked by 9people, even if we had a Ticket 3months ago bought. We didn't get a seat and had to watch the plane leaving without us.
RouteZurich to Abu Dhabi

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from ORD to Abu Dhabi (22nd Oct) and Abu Dhabi to KTM (24th Oct). 4 days before the flight, they canceled my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to KTM. They offered me a 23rd Oct flight ticket but I had to reach Ktm by 24th Oct so I asked them to prepone flight instead of postponing. Though it was totally their fault to cancel the flight at the last hour, they asked me to pay 487 dollar extra for my rescheduled flight. After spending 1 and half hour pleasing them, they deducted 200 dollar and offered me reschedule by paying 287 extra. It is very inconvenient to cancel a flight at the last hour and make customers pay extra for the flight. It was their responsibility to offer a convenient reschedule flight option to customers free of charge when they are canceling a flight. Very disappointed.
RouteChicago to Kathmandu via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Very small portion of food served"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | 1. Very small portion of food served during the flight. 2. Long queue at check-in counter. I waited for 1.5 hours despite of not over crowded. 3. Partnership with several airlines and credit cards are discontinued. 4. Poor customer service to solve the missing mileage due to the termination of partnership airlines
RouteBangkok to Milan via Abu Dhabi