Etihad Airways

"bag arrived battered"

Not Verified | Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi. Our bag arrived battered and broken. Staff were not helpful in what we should do next. The staff at airport were not slick at checking in a group of seven people. They were more interested in checking if we had excess weight(we were not over the limit). I would suggest they train their check in staff better so that passengers feel that they are cared for, after all there is plenty of choice out there. The on line check in service was not working. They will need to work harder for my positive feedback.
RouteMumbai to London via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not flying with them again"

Not Verified | Toronto to Abu Dhabi. Found the boarding process very disorganized and the gate agents kept asking me about my India Visa despite on my previous passport and was told by the Indian Embassy that I can use my old passport to go to India with my current Passport. The flight left Toronto late but overall was OK but could improve by having the flight attendants go around the cabin with water, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks. The meals on the flight was OK but could have improved proper portion size. The price of the ticket was just ridiculous and had to pay for my seat on Etihad Airways and next time I'm not flying with them again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteToronto to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Next trip I’ll be flying Qantas"

Trip Verified | London to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi. I travel between London and Australia once to twice a year and Etihad were my preferred airline. I was given gold member status which one would think would result in something positive, instead I was met with a system that made me pay for the privilege of choosing a seat on my flight. What a funny way to reward your members. I pay for my flights then have to pay to choose a seat as a gold member. What’s the point in even having it. Next trip this year I’ll be flying Qantas.
Date FlownMarch 2018

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi. One of the worst airlines in international travel. They don't have proper check in process. They hide all seats during web check in intentionally for you to buy them by paying extra. They will harrass to the maximum extent if your check in bag is 31 kg instead of 30 kg. They will make you stand in web check in queue for 3 hrs. No courtesy. They delay flights. Worst entertainment and seats.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787
RouteBangalore to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"wouldn't fly with them again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Manchester via Abu Dhabi. I had huge issues with online checkin. Couldn't select my seats and spent several hours being passed from one customer service rep to another. I was told to try the same thing again and again and after about three hours was told "sorry, nothing we can do". I had the same problem on the return flight, and just didn't even bother contacting them. They are also nit-picky about checked in baggage and carry on. The flights were fine, but I wouldn't fly with them again due to the incredibly poor customer service I received.
RouteHong Kong to Manchester via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"entertainment system is down"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Muscat via Abu Dhabi. On 7th December I was on flight EY455 from Sydney to Abu Dhabi, with 8 bags for 4 Passengers, because the ticket say 2 PCs per passenger and didn't highlight the allowed weight. I called Etihad 2 weeks before flying and they confirmed max weight per bag is 23kg - 46kg per passenger. The lady at the airport team said it is only 30kg total per customer. However she said I know what you have been told wasn't right and didn't accept to provide any written confirmation that I am allowed only 30kg. Etihad Airways charged me almost $900 additional weight - I have to pay because there was no time to negotiate as the flight was about to close. Once we entered the aircraft the kids were choked to know that the entertainment system is down on the 14 hours flight! Etihad gave us a written document says we are eligible to 10K Etihad miles as compensation but we need to raise a complain - this is the process. However, after raising 4 complaints only one got closed and the remaining 3 are still under investigation for over a month now.
RouteSydney to Muscat via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"12.5 hours flight with full on aircon"

Trip Verified | London to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi. This has been my worst ever experience with an airline, thanks to a defective airplane. Long story short, 12.5 hours flight with full on aircon is not a must have experience. Asked one of the cabin crew if we can adjust or dim down the aircon but got a negative answer in return. Result was babies crying all the time, people complaining for good reason, even had the quarantine members cone on board upon landing in Melbourne due to some passengers feeling ill.
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Etihad did pull out all the stops"

Trip Verified | I have flown with this airline for 10 years and when I started they were exceptional, in the last three years there was a definite dip in service but in the last year they have started to improve significantly - some routes are better than others. This was an emergency dash back to the UK as my father suffered a stroke and Etihad did pull out all the stops to get my ticket changed and get me the next available seat to see my father. I fly with Etihad long haul about 6 or 7 times a year. The improvement I see is in staff and the consumables at the seat and the general service level - staff moral is good. I have not traveled in Economy with Etihad for at least 5 years so I can only comment on the Business and First experience and that is much better than it was but not quite as good as I remember it to be before - still much better than other airlines I travel on. The staff were very kind and helpful on the Manila Abu Dhabi route as they always are.
RouteManila to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2018

"has really declined in service"

Trip Verified | Etihad Airways has really declined in service. I flew 6 months ago to Europe with them and they were very courteous and helpful. We even had our own sleep masks and toothbrush to make the whole journey a little more bearable. My only negative at the time was that my luggage had been damaged during transit and when I tried to follow up with them they had so many hurdles to try to jump through to make a claim that in the end it became too difficult to seek compensation whilst being abroad. 6 months later I chose to fly with them again as I was fairly happy with the service. However this time it was not a pleasant experience. There were no masks or toothbrushes on either flight. In fact we were lucky to even get headphones for the service. Someone came around to ask us if we wanted them and I apparently missed when this happened. The toilets were fairly dirty and smelly. The plane was also so hot that myself and several other passengers were trying to fan themselves throughout the flight. I could have flown on a much cheaper airline to have the same standards. I am not sure I will ever fly with Etihad again.

"lousy customer service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to London via Abu Dhabi. Very disappointing and lousy customer service. Etihad Airways wouldn't credit my missing miles even if the oversight was on their part. I provided my Etihad Guest number upon check-in and it's clearly printed on my boarding passes. I didn't review my Activity History right away because I was confident that I provided my Etihad Guest number upon check-in and I trusted them to credit my miles accurately. I requested them to re-consider because again, the oversight was on their part, not mine. However, regardless of the number of times I followed up, they just kept giving me canned responses.
RouteManila to London via Abu Dhabi