Etihad Airways

"Food was indescribably poor"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Horrible flight from Abu Dhabi to New York. Staff have no respect for customers what-so-ever and one of them not only was arguing with the customer in front of other passengers but carried on talking about the customer for another 20-30 minutes. Food was indescribably poor. Then there was that appalling sandwich and desert combo branded “The Good Life” that is given to passengers on shorter flights which I could not stomach. On the return flight, I ensured that I bought good snacks from JFK Int’l Airport so as not to starve during the flight.
AircraftA380-800
RouteMuscat to New York via Abu Dhabi

"never flying again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to London via Abu Dabhi. Asked for a chicken meal but was told it ran out, I don’t do beef and veg meal was pathetic. No hot towels, no toiletries. Seriously 15-hour flight and had to stand 1 hour inside the plane after landing in Abu Dabhi due to security reason. Poor airline so far. Disgusting food and beverage service - never flying again.
RouteSydney to London via Abu Dabhi
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Etihad seems to ignore passenger feedback"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. This was the same tired old plane that I flew near 3 weeks prior & this route should at least have a modern plane with a much newer upgraded cabin across all classes. What was a surprise that Business class was just over a third full which meant we got served a lot more quickly with meals snacks etc., but the whole interior, old seat, IFE particular the old Blurry screen was very depressing. The seat does turn into a flat bed but it’s just so uncomfortable because it’s old & has been well used. Crew on this flight were more attentive due in part to the empty cabin & everything done was very efficient & they were always on hand to your needs. This route badly needs a new plane or at least go back to the impressive Boeing 787 as that cabin is very passenger friendly. But Etihad sadly seems to ignore passenger feedback especially the frequent flyers who are either Gold or Platinum members ... which is sad.
RouteMelbourne to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I would never fly Etihad again"

Not Verified | London to Sydney via Abu Dhabi. Although the staff were lovely, I would never fly Etihad again. Not only did they have no air con on the plane while sitting in the tarmac for almost an hour, but I was bumped from my flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney because they overbooked by 18 people. They put me up in a cheap hotel for the 12 hour wait until my next flight and gave me a cash refundable voucher which I could claim in the airport. Not only could I not claim this refund in the airport, but it has been almost three months since I submitted for the refund and I am yet to receive it. Etihad May be cheap, but they need to do better. Honour your promises and stop overbooking by such a large amount.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2019

"will never fly Etihad again"

Trip Verified | Rome to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. Do not fall for their free stopover holiday (available only on direct bookings at a higher cost) scam. I had a confirmed Rome to Mumbai ticket with a 48 stopover holiday hotel booked in Abu Dhabi. I uploaded all documentation required for an e-visa via a link provided by Etihad. This was done with plenty of time in hand. My application was sent successfully. However when I did receive any email regarding the visa I emailed them again and this was about 14 emails in 3 days, requesting them to advise me what to do. I got a reply asking me for my 1) Type of passport and country of issue 2) My ticket copy. I provided both and asked them once again if any further details were required, The airline did not bother to reply. By this time I was frantic. It was the last leg of my 2.5 week Europe vacation. I did not have international roaming on my cell and could only reach them via email. My last email to them stated that in case the e-visa has not been issued then I should not be charged for the "Free" Stopover hotel (condition attached was a 100% charge for which my cc was authorised for a no show which is what I would be if I did not have a visa ). I had an onward flight back home with about 48-50 hours in Abu Dhabi (and I was ok not exiting the airport in that case). However, the check in staff at Rome FCO denied me boarding unless I showed proof of immediate onward boarding (with less than 8 hours transit between flights and it had to be on Etihad so that it reflected on their system). So I had to purchase a fresh ticket while at FCO in order to be able to board the flight from Rome. The check in crew in Rome was Alitalia and they tried to help me. They called Abu Dhabi 5 times but no one in Etihad Abu Dhabi seemed interested. The Alitalia team was as shocked as me. I barely made it to my flight from Rome to Abu dhabi with fast track immigration. No chance to use a lounge or even look at duty free or even grab a bottle of water. The aircraft was decent, the crew poorly behaved and busy chatting, the poorest meal but I ate it simply out of hunger. On arrival in Abu Dhabi, I contacted their supervisor, who was gracious and stunned at the harassment I had gone through. She offered to get me a visa within an hour however I was in no mood to visit Abu Dhabi or avail their free stopover. She then advised me to write an email stating what had transpired and that Etihad would take note. All I wanted was a refund for the fresh ticket I had to book for a sector for which I already had a ticket. She said it would be done. I used the lounge to rest and eat as I had a few hours before my next flight. I wrote Etihad emails while still at the lounge in Abu Dhabi and mind you, the email content advised by their supervisor. The response so far - we are looking into your complaint/feedback. The plane for Abu Dhabi to Mumbai seemed like it had been retrieved from a junkyard. I will never fly Etihad again and I doubt they will issue me a refund for the ticket I was forced to buy. Highly disappointed
RouteRome to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2019

"they don't seem to care"

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Abu Dhabi via Rome with Etihad Airways. This was a bad flight. Very uncomfortable, even though I paid for extra leg room. Food was horrible. I contacted their customer service, but they don't seem to care.
RouteShanghai to Abu Dabi via Rome
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I highly recommend"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. My experience was a total knock out. Incredible staff that offered water and snacks on our 14 hour flight to Abu Dhabi. Meals were sufficient in portion. Inflight entertainment was excellent in terms of content but the UX needed some improvement. I highly recommend flying Etihad.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteMelbourne to Abu Dhabi

"worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Dear Etihad, don’t know where to begin. I had 2 weeks trip to attend my sister wedding from Washington DC to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi. Everything about my one-way trip so far was horrible and I’m freaking out. My baggage was delayed on my arrival to Hyderabad and when I went for the counter they didn’t even trace my baggage after 3 days. Food served was horrible - dinner and breakfast. And dinner comes after 3 hours after our departure time. The worst flight experience I had truly.
RouteWashington DC to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"meals served were horrible"

Not Verified | Toronto to Delhi return via Abu Dhabi. Booked vegetarian and all the meals served were horrible. Does somebody eat these food items before giving to the passengers. I saw a steward eating cheap noodle packet with hot water, perhaps she knew the quality of Etihad's food. our food came at different time or one was served earlier and other one was not served or took an half an hour delay. When told the steward, she was rude. Air condition in the the cabin was too cold and I saw a lot of passengers were shivering. Movies quit several times as the systems had to boot. Seats were old.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Ryanair without the discounted price"

Trip Verified | Colombo to London via Abu Dhabi. Like Ryanair without the discounted price. Constantly trying to upsell. Charges for seats on both legs of flight. Uncomfortable seating London to Abu Dhabi, hard like bus seats. Nothing prepared me for AUH to CMB flights and return though-Bring Your Own phone and headphones, holder on seat back instead of a screen. No Tv, narrow cramped seats on 4 hour plus flight. Thought this was a top airline, couldn’t have been more wrong. Staff were pleasant and food ok but this is irrelevant when you are so uncomfortable. Will never fly with this airline again.
RouteColombo to London via Abu Dhabi