Etihad Airways

"Worse than a low cost carrier"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Delhi via Abu Dhabi. Worse than a low cost carrier. Terrible leg room and seat comfort. No IFE. Food cold and inedible. One of the worst Economy classes I have ever been in.
RouteBarcelona to Delhi via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi. Very disappointed about Etihad Airways. Within 36 hours after purchasing our ticket, they cancelled our flight. We asked for a full refund of the ticket price, but they said that due to the COVID 19 outbreak they won't pay us back. Etihad Airways is violating passenger rights. Other big and high-quality airlines are providing their customers with a full refund. I really hope that they swiftly change this policy.
RouteMelbourne to Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not worth the amount of money that I paid"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever used. Seats are old and not comfortable. I am 6'2" and I wasn't able to extend my legs more than 70% because there wasn't enough space to lay completely flat. Food is max premium economy but not more. If you ever flew with Qatar Airways, then you know what I mean. One meal was chicken, that was so dry that I had to return it! One meal was served with fish but as I don't eat fish, I asked for a different meal. Stewardess offered instead to remove the fish from my plate, which would leave me still with the fish smell! At snacks (nuts and stale cookies) for the rest of my flight! Had only 2 steak sandwiches on board and ran out after 2 hours into the flight, even though it was supposed to be available all the time. These things happened on all 4 business flights I used. The only thing constantly available was nuts and cookies (cookies were old and stale, soggy). Coffee machine was spoiled, so no latte for me on my return flight to Singapore. As I traveled there with Ethiad already, I can tell you that this is not an exception but a constant thing. Entertainment was outdated. No movies from late 2019 or 2020! Music was outdated as well. On my first flight from Singapore to Abu Dhabi, the stewardesses seemed absent and not properly trained for business class. The other flights the stewardesses were better but definitely not business class worthy. Had to change seats after takeoff because my window was loudly vibrating and the engine was super loud as well. Etihad got rid of the concierge service outside of Abu Dhabi as well. When I arrived in Germany and back at Singapore, I was completely exhausted and needed 2 days to recover. All-in-all not worth the amount of money that I paid. Going back to Qatar Airways, where I get superior service and quality food and I know that the airplanes are maintained properly and a free concierge service around the world. Sad, as this used to be a great airline until they got into financial trouble.
RouteMunich to Singapore via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never been so uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Bangkok. What a startling contrast to the first leg in from London on the A380, it was so badly different that I thought I was with a different airline. As this was a night flight I didn't eat until breakfast, which was fruit and coffee and was absolutely fine. Can't comment on the other food. For me the worst part of this was the old, dated and unbelievably uncomfortable seats and configuration being used in business class. I flew with Eithad on their A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft and you literally cannot compare! I have never been so uncomfortable in a seat, having flown economy lots of times historically - it was shocking. We flew for the majority of the flight through various level of turbulence (can't be helped of course) needless to say, I felt each and every bump due to the poor quality of the seat. Etihad, this product is severely letting you down! I would definitely reconsider flying this route again unless I knew for certain it wasn't on this aircraft.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"comfortable and relaxing experience"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi. Check in, quick and efficient. What a superior aircraft the A380 is! The seat was extremely spacious and comfortable. The staff were efficient and super friendly. In flight entertainment was plentiful and varied. The food was ok, wasn't bad in any way, some of the dishes simply weren't for me. A comfortable and relaxing experience all round, would fly Etihad again on this aircraft.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don't care about customers"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Shame on Etihad Airways. They don't care about customers. No money refund, they offered me only $3 or rebook to fly again next time. I need money back to fly with another airlines. Even AirAsia refunded me 100%.
AircraftEY68 / EY418
RouteMoscow to Kuala Lumpur via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"highly recommended"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Manchester via Abu Dhabi. Treated myself to business class, could not fault the staff, attentive, polite, asked for an extra pillow & amenity kit which was no trouble, kept on re-filling my champagne glass, food was great, best sleep i’ve had on a plane, highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / 787-10
RouteSingapore to Manchester via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"did not offer any alternative"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Brussels via Abu Dhabi. Due to the Corona crises they cancelled a ton of flights. They did not offer any alternative and warned only two days before departure. Instead of offering a full refund, they give you Etihad credit or cancellation with some cost. Also it is impossible to reach and when you get through you can hardly understand the operator. They only care about their dollars. Big minus.
RouteBangkok to Brussels via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"profiting off the desperation"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to London. Etihad doesn't even have the money I paid for my ticket in their accounts yet and they're still trying to charge a $622 cancellation fee despite the fact they cancelled the flight! Their only other option is credit for a future flight which is not helpful as highly unlikely to materialise in the near future. This is awful. They can't provide the service so they should refund. The only option remaining is for my bank to dispute the charge as fraudulent and that's not a sure thing and could take weeks. Vulnerable travellers are desperate to get home and these awful vultures are still selling flights they know they can't fulfil!! Etihad is profiting off the desperation.
RouteMelbourne to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"avoid Etihad at all cost"

Trip Verified | Male to London via Abu Dhabi. Etihad cancelled our flights from Male, Maldives without notifying us in advance. Cancellation of the flights received by email 15min before check in counters opened! Etihad washed their hands and their representative did not offer any flight alternatives. Unable to leave the airport as Male city is off limits for foreigners. No one has provided basics such as water or food. Please avoid Etihad at all cost in the future!
RouteMale to London via Abu Dhabi