Etihad Airways

"Business Class product is good"

Trip Verified | I had flown Etihad's Boeing 787 in Business Class before, and privacy-wise, the seating is not as good as the A380. Even from my window seat, the rear seat facing passengers was clearly visible. The spacious cabin and decor looked beautiful, and the seat itself, identical to that in the A380s was very comfortable. On boarding, I was addressed by name and pointed in the direction of my seat. The usual, pre-flight drinks and hot towels followed, and pushback was on time. Soon after take off, my dinner order was taken. The dishes listed on the à la carte menu were all enticing, and I chose Salmon for starters. With a choice of four main courses, it was Prawn Biriyani, which was excellent. There was no second meal served as such, instead the 'dine on demand' meant you could order from the 'all-day dining' menu. I had their famous Steak Sandwich and a beer, which was also very good. The cosy 28-seat, 1x2x1 layout cabin (which is becoming more the industry standard) was full. Yet the flight attendants managed to briefly chat with most of us, and several times asked if I needed anything else. The new grey 'cube' bag amenity kit placed on my table looked cute, but was very basic, with a few ESPA lotions, eye shades and a dental kit. The touch screen IFE worked well, however, the choice of new movies was not that great since I last flew eight months ago. Instead, I decided to watch a couple of TV sitcoms before preparing for bed. Most of the seat and lighting adjustments could be controlled both from the side table, as well as from the small tabletop monitor. As it was a night departure, I was hoping to get some rest. Etihad provides slippers, but no PJs for a nine-hour flight. However, the large pillow, mattress pad and duvet sufficed. Adjusting the seat for a harder or softer feel also made a difference. As I sipped my nightcap of black coffee and cognac by my side, and the cabin lights dimmed, I drifted into a good four sleep. Etihad's Business Class product is good, as I have experienced it several times before.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Osaka
Date FlownMay 2024

"nothing really to complain about"

Trip Verified | I hadn't flown Etihad's Economy Class for a long time and wasn't exactly looking forward to a nine and a half hour flight to Abu Dhabi, an eight hour layover, and another seven hour flight back to London. The check-in and boarding process at Kansai Airport was poorly handled. It was agonizingly slow, with business class and economy passengers being moved about to different counters. At the boarding gates, unlike some flights where there are dedicated spaces for each flight, here we were crowded between two flight queues right next to each other, both boarding at the same time. One staff member was carrying a small placard walking up and down the queue, advising which group of rows could start boarding. However, the flight was only delayed by 20 minutes. The first flight on the Dreamliner has a 3x3x3 layout. The seat itself and legroom was reasonably comfortable, I guess only because I am not tall. The flight was full and the service began as soon as the seat belt sign was turned off. There were two meal services on this flight. It was sad to see how much the size of the meal tray has shrunk. The first meal ran out of choice, and I had to settle for some bland pasta. Having apologized, I was promised a choice of the second meal and the shrimp curry with rice which was delicious. Drinks were served with meals, and followed by coffee or tea afterwards. Later I was able to request an extra drink, but had to wait a long time to be served. The seat has about 3 inches recline, although mine wasn't working. Once the lights were dimmed, I did manage to nod off a for an hour or so. At Abu Dhabi, before the flight back to London, I was relieved to relax at Etihad's Business Lounge as I was a Guest Member. Boarding at Abu Dhabi was expertly handled, with clear messaging for which seating rows to come forward. On the A380 to Heathrow, I had paid for an 'extra legroom seat', which has 4 more inches of extra space, and did make a difference in comfort. Located in the front of the aircraft, and curtained off like a separate cabin, it felt more relaxing. The onboard service was of course the same as the rest in Economy class. It was a bright blue sky day as we departed on time. The interactive IFE route map showed the exterior tail camera and an excellent view of the aircraft taxing and taking off. Both flights were nothing special, and the service was as you would expect on a long-haul economy class flight. The A380 was certainly more comfortable than the Dreamliner. Although non-engaging, on both flights, the cabin crew were professional, so I have nothing really to complain about.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380
RouteOsaka to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2024

"I have submitted 3 claims"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | For the last 3 months I am waiting for my bag. I have submitted 3 claims, one of your member offer me very low amount which are very less to my luggage things present in it. After that no one reply my emails. I want know what i do now for my lost bag. Very Sad about Etihad response
RouteLondon to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Ground staff needs training"

Trip Verified | On may 14, i came to check in and i was told I'm over nearly 2 kgs. The first lady told me i still have extra space in my cabin trolley then could make use of that. Came back 2nd time to another staff and she told me my trolley is 8 kgs and ask me if i got laptop. I said i got small laptop in my medium tote bag, she said i need to weigh your shoulder bag. I never been humiliated before, she said its 3 kgs and advised me to put that extra back to my check ins and just pay £100. To avoid further embarrassment, i agreed. Came back to counter 3rd time and this time a different ground staff said you will pay £153. Make use of that space in your cabin trolley and pay nothing. I had enough and told her i have been repacking 3x now. She apologised few times. I have been embarassed so let me pay £153 and paid. Ground staff needs training.
RouteLondon to Manila via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2024

“I did enjoy it very much”

Trip Verified | Nearly eight months ago, I took this exact flight to Abu Dhabi, and was expecting the same professional onboard service I enjoyed before. This time flying with cabin baggage only - a generous 12 kg, plus another 5kg 'handbag'. I therefore understood why they had to weigh each item on check-in. The boarding process was swift, and I was served both champagne and a lovely mint and lemon drink as soon as I settled down. Hot towels followed, and slippers were provided. Etihad's 'dine on demand' for some reason did not materialize nor was it offered. Soon after take off, and at cruising altitude, the bar service followed, and lunch was served. For the rest of the flight the à la carte 'all-day dining menu' meant I could request the next meal or snack when needed. A nice touch is that I could also order my drinks from the IFE monitor. Seat comfort adjustments, massage and lighting could be controlled both from the side table, as well as from the small tabletop monitor. If I had something to mildly grumble about, two noticeable differences compared to my previous flight was - a new but very basic ESPA amenity kit (I missed the cologne which was included in their previous Acqua di Parma products). I was also rather disappointed with the lack of more new movies, although there was plenty to choose from TV shows, documentaries, news channels and games. Later, I spent a little time at the small lounge which was empty, and helped myself to a drink at the self-service bar, and a crew member served me coffee and chocolates. Although the necessary bedding was provided, like a soft mattress, duvet and large pillow, I resisted a nap as I had a long layover ahead of me on my next flight from Abu Dhabi, and would get some sleep at their lounge. A non-eventful flight, nevertheless as before, I did enjoy it very much, especially the friendly cabin crew.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Abu Dhabi

"Never again Etihad"

Trip Verified | This airline do not know how to handle baby strollers, we had the experience of having our double stroller damaged beyond repair and Etihad say it's not their faults, won't check with ground staff in Abu Dhabi instead try to bribe us with 50usd. We cannot just buy a new stroller now we must suffer without one. Because of airline negligence and disrespectful staff Never again Etihad.
RouteJohannesburg to London via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2024

"allocated random seats"

(Spain)

Not Verified | We pre booked specific seats in row 49 economy on a 787-10 only for an equipment change to a 787-9. Row 49 does not exist on a 787-9, so we were allocated random seats. Many emails sent requesting a refund for the 88€, all met with silence. This is basically theft.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Madrid via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Nobody care how are you"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I had two flights with connection 11 hours in Abu Dhabi, first flight they didn’t gave even food, after complaining they gave me sandwiches - I was in business class. When I arrived to my final destination they lost my baggage, and they don’t answer and no taking any responsibility. They told me to split the baggage from the first flight. Nobody care how are you.
RouteColombo to Tel Aviv via Abu Dhabi

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Cancelled my flight without warning two weeks before departure, only offering alternate flights that would take 3x as long with 3x the stopovers en route, or a refund. No offer of class upgrade to make the lengthy/inconvenient journey more comfortable. No consideration of the fact that even with a refund, flights with other airlines are quite a bit more expensive so close to the departure date. Contacting their customer service department involved being on hold for ages, and then being told I would need to accept an alternate flight and then apply for compensation separately without any kind of reassurance anything would be done. Super frustrating. And you can't leave feedback with them on their website unless you've already taken your flight, so here I am. Would not recommend unless your travel plans are very flexible.
RouteFrankfurt to Nairobi via Abu Dhabi

“This was a nightmare”

Trip Verified | This was a nightmare. The flight departed one hour late due due to the delivery of the baggages and departed even though not all of them were carried. Arriving at Narita Airport, I had no clue and waited for my baggage and claimed it after a while to the counter. The staff gave me a generic paper explaining the collant couldn’t deliver my luggage and I had to fill a form but I had no info about when, where and how would I get it back. I got it delivered 48 hours later so I had to cover the daily expenses in between. The entire situation was very stressful and spoiled my whole trip. The company was very opaque about the whole process of getting reimbursed and once I went back, I got into a loop of generic email informing they’d cover the equivalent of barely 43€ for the inconvenience. No more information, just the same email sent over and over as a response. I cannot trust them on handling the baggage issue and the customer service anymore.
RouteParis to Tokyo via Abu Dhabi