Etihad Airways

"The price is amazing"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The price is amazing. We have a return flight from Moscow To Narita Tokyo via UAE. The price for business class ticket for 6 person was incredible. The flight on A320 was nice, the entertainment was not the best, I mean the screens, it was little bit slow, so the entertainment was not as good as on A321 on the return flight. The female Arabian staff was not as welcoming as male or international. Food is perfect, some Russian dishes as a desert, stay in Abu Dhabi was ok, good lounge, the best part was the Boeing 787-9 business class seat, the privacy is amazing, best food, incredible entertainment, really nice mood-light, massage function, nice lavatories.
AircraftA320 / B787-9
RouteMoscow to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"business class is appalling"

Trip Verified | Appalling food, absent staff and stinking toilets in business class - never again. We flew Business Class from Sydney to Casablanca via Abu Dhabi. We were looking forward to experiencing a flight on Etihad. As frequent travellers we like to try different airlines. The reality was horrible. Really bad food - on the really long journey I was served an egg white omelet on the first flight and some appalling canned pumpkin soup on the 2nd leg. No other food was offered. The staff seemed to spent most of the flight gossiping in the galley oblivious to passengers. By the time I was dumped into the awful waiting room at Casablanca airport I was hungry. The wines were not up to business class standard. The seat was uncomfortable - ditto with the 'bed' and the amenities pack sub-standard. The worst aspect of both flights were the stinking toilets. They really smelt bad. Please can someone get into the toilets with hot soapy water and disinfectant and clean them? Is this too much to expect in a business class cabin? I have written to Etihad to complain as we are dreading the return trip. I got a response full of business jargon - a response which completely ignored my customer experience. Once Etihad has the customer's money, they just don't care. Their business class service is appalling and not worth the money.
RouteSydney to Casablanca via Abu Dhabi

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Cairo Abu Dhabi. My worst experience ever. Will never fly again on Etihad and will never recommend to anybody. Service is very bad. Food spicy and does note taste good. Aircraft smells bad and bathroom flooded. Missed flight and spoke to customer service who promised to book me on next day flight with out fees. But as usual, They do not keep promises.
RouteLos Angeles to Cairo Abu Dhabi
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Overall flight was good"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Frankfurt via Abu Dhabi. Overall flight was good. Schedule was respected and interior quite new. Plane was silencious. Light atmosphere was in line with the good practices of the other companies. Even if I am tall (1.95m), the existing seat space was correct for the flight duration (8h + 6h). Good inflight entertainment. Meals were ok in terms of quantity/quality. Tickets price was the lowest I have ever seen for long haul flights! Some points to be noted: IFE was shut down 1h before landing and earphones collected directly (is that the purpose?). It is not the case on the other airlines. Every time a passenger or a kid call the steward via the button it rings very loud on speaker or headphones. Staff was professional but not specially friendly. Too much plastics used for glasses for the different services (water, dinner, break etc).
RouteJohannesburg to Frankfurt via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Etihad Airways was the worst"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I was impressed how disrespectful EY6 October 4th morning flight Munich to Abu Dhabi attendant was. I never met who’s acting like that. Especially one, starting with her face expressions when I asked for a beer during snack service she started gossip with other member about me in front of me and pointing finger towards to me in their own language. You somehow starting feel guilty that you bought a ticket to that flight. And during hot meal service she looked at me and just ignored me, later on another flight attendant came and asked what do I prefer. During my journey I flew with 6 different airlines and I must say that Etihad Airways was the worst. Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways was way more better. Instant noodles and cheese sandwich for 10 hour flight - seriously?
RouteMunich to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"lost a loyal business class passenger"

Trip Verified | We wanted to stay over in Abu Dhabi for a couple of nights and indeed Etihad push this on their website. Initially, when we tried to book this stopover the price of the flights had gone up which meant a flight difference fee in addition to the change fee. The agent then advised us to wait and to see if the fare dropped so we could match what we paid. It did, and so we rang Etihad to book our stopover. We were genuinely shocked to be told that to change the one leg of our flight would cost an incredible €2,300 each! We were fully aware that there would be a change fee, no issue there. But to be told that our ticket would be cancelled and new ticket issued was ridiculous. This just cannot be correct. However, I recieved a call from Etihad and the agent said the fees to change were correct. No wonder Etihad are in trouble because now I am on for Emirates/Qatar/Turkish and Etihad have lost a loyal business class passenger.
RouteBangkok to Dubai via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2018

"book any airline except Etihad"

Not Verified | Flew Abu Dhabi to Mumbai. 1) Terrible customer service. 2) They overbook the flight and then throw rules on your face. Will re-book you on any flight without your consent. 3) If you want to be absolutely sure that you want get to your destination on the designated date and time, book any airline except Etihad. They will simply wreck you day, your flight and your peace of mind. Book this airline if they are the only ones left in this world. Pricey and least customer friendly.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Mumbai

"suite was spacious"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to New York in November 2017. This was the best airline hard product I've experienced. The suite was spacious and luxurious, exactly the way it was advertised. I liked the fact that it offered separate seat and bed, though the bed was not as comfortable as the one on Singapore Airlines suite. There was a bar and shower facility on board, but I did not use any of them as I slept and ate most of the 14-hour flight. Catering and service was excellent, though were not as polished as Singapore Airlines.
AircraftA380-800
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAbu Dhabi to New York
Date FlownNovember 2017

"unprofessionalism and inhuman behaviour"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Manchester. This was quite a modern flight with inflight entertainment, clean and charging points. We paid online for preferred seats as we were traveling with Kids and an elderly lady. Our seat allocation was six in a row. (3 in the right wing and 3 in the Isle). However when we boarded the flight the front 3 seats were vacant where my kids were seated, and therefore for easy communication I requested to move to the vacant seat(both in the Economy class) after it was announced that the flight was about to take off. However a member of the cabin crew mentioned that the passengers are still boarding and they will have to see whether the seat would fall vacant (I was surprised). However after I heard the final announcement that the flight was to take off, I moved to the seat in front where the kids were seated because I was sure that the doors were closed. I was then taken again by surprise when another crew member came and insisted me to get back to my original seat and I would be given the first preference if no passenger has booked that seat(strange how the passengers could enter with closed doors). However the flight took off with the seats still vacant but after about 25 minutes a passenger came right from the back and occupied the seat that I was promised first preference. I thought this was purely impartial treatment to prove a point by purely displaying unprofessionalism and inhuman behaviour the the crew members. To mention few of the other comments; Commercials are played over the public address system - this is not a sponsored journey so please respect others freedom of listening as it is not a safety announcement. No meal preference card in seat pockets or distributed to passengers before meals are served, being a full service flight. Entertainment choices are almost same across all sectors.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not a children friendly airline"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Colombo. Out of the four sectors flown, this cabin crew was the best. They were more professional than the other sectors. However, this is not a children friendly airline. When meals were served, I don't know why we were served with vegetarian meals. My kid were a sleep and I requested that their meals to be served later which we were flatly refused. So the kids travelled all the way to Colombo without a meal.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Colombo