Etihad Airways

"Cheap company - so disappointing"

Trip Verified | Cheap company - so disappointing. This is the first time i took Etihad. The worst flights ever. On the way from London to abu dhabi my seat was not working so i asked a member of the crew and she confirmed that i won t be able to move the seat. After 1 hr I requested to change the seat, the flight was full in economy and one told me i have to deal with it for a 7hr flight. On the way back, it was not better , arriving to the airport, overbooked flights, and not only mine all Etihad flights from Abu Dhabi to Europe. Midnight i have to queue and talk for an hour with staff telling me i will have probably to wait few hours and take the next flight. And by few hours he meant 8hrs. After 2h stress and last minute they found me a seat and i left people there waiting 8 hours in the airport because Etihad doesn't provide hotel. On the plane, the members of the crew were unfriendly and one extremely rude. Etihad is not a premium company but a cheap one. From service, members crew, tickets, food ... everything was disappointing.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Munich
Date FlownApril 2019

"entered the race to the bottom"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. So Etihad have entered the race to the bottom in style. Simply avoid regardless of price. They no longer bother with pre-dinner drinks, the drinks trolley only came by once on both legs of my flight. The food is the real headline grabber, you get a little tray on a little board, chicken or beef is all your told. Menus are gone, so is a side salad, cheese, decent cutlery, oh and no butter with bread!? Dessert is served after with tea or coffee, and then that is the last you will see of any staff. There is no longer a second meal service instead there is a menu where you can but food and drink 'Ryanair' style, and its all rubbish. The staff look as tired as the Boeing 777's do. Sadly I still have to fly back home with them but will be sure to pack some food for the journey. Will not be back.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

"Really pathetic service"

Not Verified | Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi. Really pathetic service and worst airline ever. Had booked business class ticket from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi as per there stop over policy given on website after booking they declined a hotel and asked for charges of AED 500, then they declined the chauffeur saying stop over is too less. Finally had to cancel the plan.
RouteMumbai to London via Abu Dhabi

"been deceiving people"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Abu Dhabi. Etihad have in recent times been deceiving people in their online bookings, but most recently with their seat selections. When making a miles redemption booking I progressed on to make a seat selection without realizing that I was actually paying for each seat selected. I went all the way to the payment page, went ahead and paid (perhaps I should have paid more attention to the final amount, but it was not clear and I was in a rush to book). Only after finishing the booking I realized I was charged $30 for one seat and $10 for the other, I have never paid for selecting a seat, and these seats would have been free at check-in. Realizing I paid for seats that I did not want to pay for, I contacted Etihad by email asking for a refund of the seat payments. After several back and forth emails, they refused to refund my money. They claim it was clear on the site that these seats were chargeable. I have a relative who also fell for this deceptive seat selection process and also paid for seats without realizing. It is bad enough that they charge for seats (given that are apparently not a budget airline, although you could argue this now), but to deceive their paying customers into paying for seats they did not want to pay for, and then refusing to refund the payment (regardless of who was at fault) is disgraceful! Further evidence of Etihad's greed and lust for money from their customers, with so many examples like this in recent years. The icing on the cake- today I wanted to change a booking I made with miles, and the only way to make this change is to contact the call center. Previously to call Etihad, you dialed a 02 number, which was a local number that was charged at a local rate. However, in line with their money hungry ways, they have now changed their call center number to a 600 number which is charged at a premium per minute rate. So, not just can we not make changes online in some cases, we are also forced to call their call center and pay premium rates for making the call. Absolutely disgraceful from an airline that deserves all the bad reviews it is getting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
RouteBeirut to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"food and beverage offering was below satisfactory"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi. I was hoping to have a good flight from Melbourne to Istanbul but it was not to be. While the aircraft itself was decently spec'd, the food and beverage offering was below satisfactory. They don't include the standard butter with your bread, salad and dessert that you'd find in served at other major airlines. Instead, I was compelled to purchase snacks from their exorbitantly "Choose Wisely" menu. I paid USD 4 for a small chocolate bar. I hope that my return leg in a few days will be better.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 / A330-200
RouteMelbourne to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very bad and poor service"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Muscat. Very poor service on a codeshare ticket. We arrived in Oman Airport lay over for 1:20mins but unfortunately we have delayed flight for 6hrs then for return back ticket Manila - Muscat - Abu Dhabi again we suffer for 10hrs delayed flight, the staff are not friendly even they don’t explained and apologized. This is my first and last to avail you ticket. Very bad and poor service.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Muscat

"tiny and inedible meal"

Trip Verified | Paris to Abu Dhabi. I really wonder how this 2/3 star airline made it to the 5 star level. Planes are modern and have a nice cabin with reasonably good IFE. The good stops here. On the 7-hour flight from CDG to AUH, a tiny and inedible meal with no starter or dessert was served and the rest was only buy on board. Feels more like Norwegian than a 5-star Gulf airline. Boarding was completely disorganised and the bus from Abu Dhabi to Dubai is staffed by completely incompetent people. They were letting people on the bus without checking the tickets or the number of luggage pieces. To be avoided altogether.
RouteParis to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2019

"available food is a joke"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manchester via Abu Dhabi. An airline severely let down by ground staff and cost savings. If you have a bassinet on the booking you cannot check in online & a first come basis. We got to airport before check in opened, only 1 baby in front of us in the queue. Staff advised us that bassinet confirmed and aisle seat, repeated same at end. Come to board, and no bassinet, no aisle etc. Cabin crew reiterated the 1st come message, but when we explained they were bemused. 2nd flight was better but again their systems did not ack the linked booking so not seated together. This is a long route (14.5 hr + 7.5hr) and available food is a joke. You have to pay for extra. No breakfast on landing in Manchester after 7.5 hrs and the main meal is a roll without butter and the hot meal, I was absolutely starving.
RouteMelbourne to Manchester via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2019

"came late so boarding is closed"

Trip Verified | They overbook planes and you may discover that your ticket means nothing and it is first come first serve service. They claim that I came late so boarding is closed and they charged me new tickets. I had online boarding card for all my family but they refused to accept them.. Then after half an hour they came to me saying I have to make new booking and I have to call internationally to Etihad office to make the booking. I paid 23000 egyptian pound for new tickets and spend the whole night with my family waiting the next available flight after 12 hours.
RouteCairo to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"disappointing and underwhelming"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. My experience on this flight was far from enjoyable. It was marred with a series of disappointing and underwhelming moments. For example, when the IFE was not working, the fight crew refused to assist me for almost 3 hours. Whenever I pressed the call bell, they would switch it off and ignore my request for help. As with the experience from other guests, I can attest that the crew spend more time chatting amongst themselves rather than serve passengers who've requested for assistance.
RouteMelbourne to Abu Dhabi