Etihad Airways

"I traded in some airmiles"

Trip Verified | Unbelievable. I traded in some airmiles for a 'gift' which was to be delivered with NO delivery charges from your airmiles store. A few days after delivery I received an invoice in the post from Fedex for almost double the cost of the gift. This is absolutely outrageous. When I complained to their customer service they just sent me a copy of their terms and conditions to reiterate that I was liable for the charges - in other words tough luck. I think everyone should know about this.
RoutePerth to Edinburgh via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"food the worst ever"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi. Service, seat, food the worst ever. Especially the service from the crew, no smiling from their faces, hard to approach them, they only do one service for the whole flight, Not professional at all.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330 / Boeing 777
RouteBangkok to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi

"the worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi. This was the worst flight ever, this would be my first and last time flying with Etihad, crew don’t smile not they welcome, kids don’t get activity pack or toy as they say it’s finished; the food you get no choice as they just give you what they like; when boarding with kids the crew says only family with infants can board first; I had 3 children under 11 years old; the seats are dirty smelly, seats too close to each other they are very much in upright position not good for back; food not good taste less!! Many other issues; no comparison with any other Airline; Qatar & Emirates are the best to fly with children.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Excellent food and service"

Trip Verified | This was a four days return trip, from Abu Dhabi to Rome and back. Outbound I had the pleasure to fly with the B787 and the cabin (that's a little more than just a seat). Excellent food and service. The onboard crew was magnificent. Friendly, attentive, professional. As a frequent traveller who enjoys movies, it is difficult to find new ones that I haven't seen before. Believe it or not I did find new and nice films and enjoyed it. On the return flight, on the B777 the seat wasn't as good as in the outbound flight but still very nice and enjoyable. I have only a small remark. I don't consider the WiFi good value for money because in comparison with other airlines it is more expensive.
AircraftBoeing 787 - Boeing 777
RouteAbu Dhabi to Rome

"lost my suit jacket"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Singapore via Abu Dhabi. Horrible experience as the airline staff took my business suit jacket in the business class cabin for storage and did not return it to me when I had to change planes in Abu Dhabi. The jacket was left in the cabin and was not returned to me when I signalled the incident to transfer staff at the terminal. Subsequently it was moved to lost and found at the Airport. Etihad asked me to pay 80USD for shipment of the item they failed to return. Even when I paid for shipment they failed to deliver it to me. Result: delivered horrible experience during the flight, took the money for shipment and lost my suit jacket. Never apologized. Never reimbursed for the lost item. They have not responded or got in touch with me despite repeated emails. Real shame. All the money spent on creating this airline and marketing it goes down the drain with such poor approach to customer experience.
RouteBarcelona to Singapore via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2019

"the worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Abu Dhabi to New York. Absolutely the worst airline ever. Delayed flight, only Indian food on board for my children travelling in economy. Stewardess very unfriendly. Did not want to help me get my bag in the upper compartment. Meals took forever to arrive and usually they were not what I asked for. Crew spoke very loudly in the kitchen galley and could not really sleep because of the noise. They allow children in business class who made noises and cried for the whole 13 hour flight. Very bad experience, would not recommend it t0 anybody and will never fly that airline again.
RouteAbu Dhabi to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I'm totally disappointed"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Abu Dhabi. It was my first time flying with Etihad and I'm totally disappointed. The cabin crew are so rude and unprofessional. If you are charging so much at least hire competent staff. I wanted to buy something from duty free and the crew came to tell me that they are out of stock (3 items, none of them in stock). She didn't even apologize, she just came to say that they are out of stock, turned her back and left. When they were serving the food they had only lamb briyani, no other options. When I asked she said that the chicken got over. Horrible experience. Never again.
RouteCairo to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2019

"disappointed with the meal service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Manila. Very disappointed with the meal service and thoughtlessness of whoever plans meal timings, etc. We boarded the flight in Abu Dabhi at 9:30am and landed in Manila at 11:30pm. While these are local times, it is amazing that Etihad expected us to last the full duration of the flight on just one complimentary meal and no snacks, especially given that all restaurants/eating places were closed at Manila airport upon our arrival. The thoughtlessness of Etihad on this point is staggering. By the time ones gets out of the airport and to their final destination, it is about 1 am. Unless one is staying at a pricey hotel with 24 hours room service, where do you get food? I hope I never have to fly this airline again.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Business class is a flying creche"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to London. Business class is a flying creche on Etihad. They look after babies but are not interested in providing a business class service to platinum card business people. Had to try and sleep in bar area due to screaming babies. Customer services are not interested in the complaint as they see babies as fare paying passengers even if they lose all actual business passengers. This is the third time this has happened on the Abu Dhabi to London flight. Wake up Etihad and provide what you advertise - Business class or now Baby Class!!
RouteAbu Dhabi to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Vegetarian food was class apart"

Trip Verified | Paris to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. Vegetarian food was class apart. Excellent quality and amazing taste. Dal, Rice, paneer, roti, razma all excellent
RouteParis to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi