Ravn Alaska

"Incompetence, rudeness, unreliability and overall poor service"

Trip Verified | I work 2 weeks on, 2 off, and have flown with this company 13 times in the last eight months. Of those 13 flights, at least 10 of them either had long delays, some over 5 hours, or were simply canceled because of no aircraft or crews available. What irritates me the most is that their customer service never answers emails, ever! I had my employer pay extra for the morning flight, about $75.00, and most of my morning flights were rebooked to the cheaper afternoon flight. My employer never got a refund for that extra charge. They charge you 2 different fees for extra bags, depending on the type of aircraft used. As I personally knew some of their agents in Anchorage, I never had an issue with them. However the staff elsewhere are distant, unfriendly, uncaring, and sometimes rude. I should not fear dealing with a csa when I go to the airport, however that is the feeling I have all the time. I noticed one day that my mileage number was missing, and since no one was at the counter, I decided to give it to the boarding agent. She faked entering my number in the computer, indeed I never got any credit for that flight. Their website does not give you the point balance, but a csa at the airport told me one day that I had 10 points, "which entitles you to nothing". One time, they cancelled my flight back to Anchorage, and rebooked me one way DLG to ANC on a later flight that day. So, just to make sure everything was fine for the return flight, I called Ravn. I was told, without any further assistance, that my reservation was cancelled, and there was nothing they could do because it was an Alaska Airlines ticket, which I was completely unaware of. I ended up calling Alaska Airlines, spending over 40 minutes on the phone with a supervisor, who fixed my ticket, but asked me to explain why I did not use the first segment, which automatically cancelled the return portion. Incompetence, rudeness, unreliability and overall poor service is what I remember the most from them.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteAnchorage to Dillingham
Date FlownMarch 2020

"worst airline I have ever dealt with"

Trip Verified | Kenai to Anchorage via Homer. I travel for work on a set schedule every 2 weeks (2 on and 2 off) and I am forced to fly on Ravn AK because of where I live and the monopoly the hold on travel to and from Homer and Anchorage. You would think that Ravn would want to take care of their regular customers but time and time again they make sure that they can take as much as they can possibly squeeze out of the working class. This is by far the worst airline I have ever dealt with to the point where I am going to join the growing number of ppl who drive the 225 mile trip and just get a hotel room because it will be more affordable. I really wish another service would step up and have regular service to and from Homer and Anchorage. Grant is a much better service so if the option is open I would book with them.
AircraftDash-8
RouteKenai to Anchorage via Homer
Date FlownDecember 2019

"chosen to disregard my complaints"

Trip Verified | We fly Ravn faithfully as we are 38 year KENAI peninsula residents. We were proud to open a fly Ravn accounts as we would be able to accrue points towards future flights. We were scheduled to fly at 5:30 pm 12/17/19 we went to the ticket desk asking to be placed on standby. They stated there were 5 open seats at that time and we would be notified over the speaker at 3:20. That time came and went .. we asked at the counter only to be told it would be announced. As the plane filled they called my husband and another passenger on standby. We approached the desk. We were told my name was 4th down the line from my husbands. We asked why .... no one knew, we were carelessly directed here and there. We returned to the ticket desk to see why we were not (Authorized) together. The baggage supervisor was the only one available. He stated that customers are put in a (class) based on their ticket. We were not treated fairly or the same because I utilized a reward for a portion of my ticket for being a valued member. This is shocking and a travesty that you punish your customers for utilizing rewards. We were not informed and this really needs corrected and adjusted. We over the years have dealt with Ravn rarely being on time, long delays where we have missed connecting flights, charged for baggage when we are part of the ALASKA 49 club and the Ravn rewards club. We have had to purchase new tickets on the spot because they couldn’t FIND our reservation only to find them later and refund only the lowest fare. They have chosen to disregard my complaints and not see any reason to believe these situations occurred. There are thousands of Peninsula residents who complain about the very scenarios I have listed. There is a responsibility to these small Alaska communities that support Ravn Alaska’s business only to be at the mercy of rude attendants and complaints that have not made the necessary changes needed to serve the community better.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"an overall disappointment"

Not Verified | Barrow to Wainwright. RAVN was once a reliable air carrier. I was excited when they took over for Pen Air. Since the takeover, their service, timeliness and overall business has plummeted. I haven’t been on an on-time in the last ten, their staff really don’t seem to care, and they are an overall disappointment. It’s sad to see such a once great company fall so hard and fast. Leadership starts at the top, and I can only imagine that their leadership is in over their head or otherwise incapable of leading such a company.
AircraftCaravan
RouteBarrow to Wainwright
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Absolute worst experience"

Not Verified | Kenai to Anchorage. Absolute worst experience, no info about plane not showing up ; rude , uncaring and patronizing desk person, missed connecting flight, had to purchase new ticket to final destination. Still have not received my frozen fish 72 hours later! Unbelievable!
Date FlownJuly 2019

"very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Anchorage to Kenai. Buyer beware, very poor customer service! This airline has new ticket change fees that are crazy ($75 for a $95 ticket). No exceptions. Also, their rules about check in/baggage are unreasonable and even mean (see other reviews). Don't risk it. There are other options with much better customer service. I come from a large family in the Kenai and we will now only fly this airline if it's absolutely necessary. We'd drive before booking with them again.
RouteAnchorage to Kenai

"they never called me"

Not Verified | I normally don’t complain or had any major issues when flying on Ravn Alaska. I always understood why flights were canceled due to weather. That was out of their control. No matter if you’re flying reserve or non-reserve you expect to be taken care of. That they would have great customer service. I will tell you that if you ever lose your bags, keep bothering them! I called their baggage office over 10x and then had to call headquarters to be able to speak to someone about my baggage claims. I’ve talked to a few of the workers and gave them my number to have them call me back for any updates on my bags. I will tell you right now, that they will not call you! It took two days for me to get an answer. I called and waited! I tried to be nice and understanding. But the fact that they never called me to let me know where my bags are or even to tell me that they found my bags makes me aggravated! I don’t think I would fly with Ravn again. This will be my last. I see why people get so frustrated with the workers because they suck!! They’ll say they’ll try and help but won’t follow through. Please don’t waste your time dealing with them. Fly with Alaska Airlines if you want to fly to and from Kodiak.
RouteAnchorage to Kodiak
Date FlownMay 2019

"Worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Anchorage to Kenai. Worst airline I have flown. They cancelled a plane an hour after it was supposed to leave then the next flight was an hour late. Then when we finally arrived we had to wait twenty minutes to get off.
RouteAnchorage to Kenai
Date FlownMay 2019

"said they couldn't take me"

Trip Verified | Kenai to Anchorage. Flight was supposed to leave at 2130 hrs, I got to the counter at 2105, said they couldn't take me. Got slammed for a "transfer fee" of $75 to get on the next flight. I will recommend to fly any other airline except you.