El Al Israel Airlines

"is the worse airline"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to London via Tel Aviv. This airline is the worse airline I have traveled. They'll check you so much that while boarding you loose the enthusiasm of traveling anywhere. They'll check your checked in baggage in a horrible way and your purses and other handbags they'll completely ruin it. They ruined my expensive bag, broke the zips completely when as instructed I kept my bag unlocked. I was travelling in a group. They lost the baggage of one of my colleagues and it came after 3 days. The flight was also late. If you get this airline at a cheap rate please skip it, you'll save yourself and your baggage. I can't understand that Israel is so modern in terms of technology, they hardly don't know how checking is done in a less ruthless way.
RouteMumbai to London via Tel Aviv

"Absolutely uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv. Horrible way to board, unnecessary questions by some so called security. Staff doesn't speak proper English. Just here to create troubles. They don't scan your passport for details, but will ask silly personal questions, and personal details. They want your checked in baggage not locked, and remove your stuff for screening without your presence. I travelled with my husband for vacations, but made a huge mistake of booking El Al. I will never fly with them ever again. Absolutely uncomfortable and mentally traumatic experience.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv

"experience was great"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Bucharest. Boarding began on time. The crew was nice and helpful. I flew on the memorial so the movies were related to it. Small water bottles served to all passengers at the beginning of the flight which was a very nice thing. the meal includes the choice between two types of sandwiches. The seat was extremely comfortable and I had plenty of leg room (I'm 185 CM). Overall experience was great!
RouteTel Aviv to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2019

"could not fault the service"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | This was my first time on El Al's 787 in Premium Economy, a modern version of what Business was when it was introduced over thirty years ago. The seat was very comfortable, there was plenty of leg room, the video screen was large and very responsive and there was a good selection of movies. The seat had a pop up footrest but I didn't use it as I always find them particularly useless. I fly quite a lot and am sick of the regular meals served on all the airlines so I ordered a Vegan (VGML) meal. It was very nicely presented and was delicious. My husband joined me on the return flight and chose the fish (there were three main course options) and also said it was delicious. There were regular cabin patrols by the cabin crew who were very friendly. We could not fault the service. Outstanding flights. El Al was never my first choice of airline but I would not hesitate in the future. Wifi was available but I didn't need to use it.
RouteTel Aviv to London

"treated like dirt"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Athens to Tel Aviv. Worst airlines I have ever taken. Paid for an expensive flight to be treated like dirt. Flight delayed for 12 hours, baggage did not fly with me and was stuck in Athens for another 12 hours. They told me they will get it on the next flight (12 hours later) and immediately send it to my house but did not tell me when I can expect it. I reached Tel Aviv, tried to speak to EL AL office and waited 1 hour before getting turned away. Flight reached 12.20am, waited for nothing up till 2am. Tried to call customer service the next day but they had me on hold forever. One time, was on hold for 30 mins before I gave up. Called them hourly thereafter. Same thing. National airlines? Truly reflective of the state.
RouteAthens to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMay 2019

"time to renovate the 777"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Mumbai. 2x3x2 configuration with an old business class- not a full flat bed and old school business class. entertainment was also old with very little option and poor quality. no WIFI. cabin crew was very good as always in ElAl - they are very professional kind and nice. food was poor due to Passover probably - Jewish holiday, this is not typical for elal. Overall its the time to renovate the 777 especially the business class.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteTel Aviv to Mumbai

"absolutely disgusting experience"

Trip Verified | I have been a loyal El Al member since 1993 (so has my entire family). Up until my very last flight, I have never had such issues with the staff and service and I may never fly with El Al again. Prior to booking my flight from Toronto to Tel Aviv, I called El Al office to ensure that I get an exit-row seat. The agent advised me that there are several emergency row seats available and seat number 45A is free. I booked the ticket online, selected that seat and got my confirmation email thinking everything is good to go, but it wasn't. Once I arrived at Toronto Airport, the agent gave me my boarding pass with seat 45A, as they should have. However, in pre-boarding, they changed my seat to 28J (between people). I asked the reason why and the agent refused to answer! I asked for a supervisor, which informed me that 45A is a paid seat and the plane is full, therefore I will have to accept my 28J seat. I explained that I have a headache and I need a seat to be able to lean, as I have migraines from time to time. Please explain to me how this is acceptable, as my seat number was confirmed TWICE? After waiting for 15 minutes, the supervisor agreed to give me back my 45A seat. I proceeded onto the plane and after a short period of time, the supervisor came back onto the plane and kicked me out of my seat. When I asked the reason why, the supervisor said it's because of my migraine. What does my migraine have anything to do with my original seat number? The reason why I got a migraine in the first place, is because of your beyond unprofessional staff members and their horrible service. This was an absolutely disgusting experience flying with El Al and it could have all been avoided if staff just honored my original seat number and listened to me.
RouteToronto to Tel Aviv
Date FlownApril 2019

"Did not like the entertainment"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Tel Aviv. We were at the airport 3 hours early but security took only a few minutes maybe because we are 71 year old Americans. Very polite and friendly hosts. Did not like the entertainment which was stripped down for a brand new plane. Overhead movie or use your device. Decent legroom. Food was the pits. Seats comfortable. Took 2 flights both of which left late but arrived early. Did not like how little luggage we could bring!
RouteAmsterdam to Tel Aviv

"friendly cabin crew"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Athens with El Al Israel Airlines. Wonderful flight, friendly cabin crew, departed and landed on time. The airplane was clean and comfortable. Food was nice and fitted to the route length.
RouteTel Aviv to Athens
Date FlownApril 2019

"phones were never answered"

Not Verified | London to Tel Aviv. Flight was fine. On flight staff could be more friendly. Biggest complaint is the total absence of telephone or email customer service. I sent an email to try to recover my matmid number . I was told to send copy of my passport etc, which I did. Just two weeks later I get an email telling me that the email I used was only for unsubscribing, and I should phone customer service. Needless to say the phones were never answered. I have switched to British airways and get superb service.
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv