El Al Israel Airlines

"service not equal to price"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv. We were served one meal (breakfast) on both flights. Food was horrible! Coffee lukewarm and no good bread left. We were never offered cocktails or snacks and service not equal to price we paid for airline tickets. Would not recommend this airline. Lounges in NY and Tel Aviv left a lot to be desired
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMarch 2019

"super professional and nice"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Tel Aviv with El Al Israel Airlines. New 787 with excellent Business class 1x2x1 configuration. The new menu is more like Asian food with a touch of Israeli tastes - very interesting and good. Crew team are super professional and nice. Free wifi works well.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMarch 2019

"terrible, very old airplane"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I had a flight from Milan to Tel Aviv with them. After seeing my American passport and asking some personal questions, they took me to check in and changed my exit seat that I paid for so now I'm sitting on the very last seat in this terrible, very old airplane. They also told me to arrive early at the gate because there will be extra security check before boarding. Their "security check" was the most embarrassing thing that could happen to anyone. I will never suggest it to anyone.
RouteMilan to Tel Aviv
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"it's miserly. Awful"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Tel Aviv. Worst airline I have ever flown. Terrible food, and good luck getting drinks because the airline is cheap and only offered drinks twice on an over 10 hour flight. And the airline staff? They are the rudest people I have ever encountered! Shame on them! When the plane landed, some passengers got out of their seats while we were still moving on the tarmac. The Captain came on over the intercom and told people to remain in their seats, but they didn't listen and continued to remove their luggage from the overhead compartments while we were heading to the gate. Where was the flight staff? Absolutely no where to be found. This is my second time visiting Israel. The last time I flew United. Same price, wonderful airline. I thought it might be fun to fly on an Israeli airline this time. Big mistake. Bad food, broken down, archaic airline, rude staff and I am so embarrassed I flew this airline with my friend. I could have flown United and had a wonderful flight. This airline isn't just cheap, it's miserly. Awful.
RouteNew York JFK to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"won’t fly with them again"

Trip Verified | London to Tel Aviv. Rude and hostile cabin crew who behaved differently depending on whether you are Jewish or not. As I am not they were quite nasty to me. I definitely won’t fly with them again.
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"there is lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Tel Aviv. When I entered the airport (3 hours before boarding) there was a long queue to check in the bags and I had no idea about pre security checks of El Al before issuing boarding pass. There were many Israeli citizens behind me in the queue but they were called before us for pre security and issued boarding pass before people like me ie Indians. This type of discrimination by the airline security staff should not be done and made me upset. The security asked me lots of questions which I answered to their satisfaction and to be honest I was never questioned so much in my entire life. Also just before boarding my all carry on items were opened and checked by the same security. During the flight the usb plug points were not working. Seating and food served was good and to the satisfaction. Just before landing in Tel Aviv the air hostess told me that my checked in bag has not been loaded on the plane and I’ll get the same within 24 hours. She informed me to collect the property irregularity report from lost & found at Tel Aviv and assured me twice that I’ll receive my checked in bag within 24 hours at my hotel in Tel Aviv. It has been two days that my baggage has not arrived and as per the customer care of El Al my baggage is still in Mumbai. My entire vacation in Israel is ruined because all my winter clothing / shoes is in my checked in bag. The airline is providing me a mere compensation of $100 to buy clothes for entire trip. This entire time I had to follow up with airline again and again, there is no communication from their end which surprises me. I’m still waiting for my baggage and I hope airline takes this seriously. Very disappointed with the so called national airline and there is lack of professionalism.
RouteMumbai to Tel Aviv

"Service was very good"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to New York JFK. Boeing 747-400 is an old plane but there is no other experience like the upper deck. Seat layout is 2X2 with old version of flat bed. Service was very good, food was good and overall experience was ok. No WiFi and very old entertainment system as its old aircraft.
RouteTel Aviv to New York JFK

"WiFi worked well"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Milan to Tel Aviv. Good European Business class with separate cabin and full business service. 16 Seats in configuration of 2x2. Air crew was professional, nice and welcome, food was good. WiFi worked well and it was free.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteMilan to Tel Aviv
Date FlownDecember 2018

"enjoy being terrible people"

Trip Verified | Flying with El Al is unpleasant every time. From preboarding to on flight service, it is not about customer service. It is about safety ( good thing , but it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice being a nice person). I choose El Al because of the direct flights from Los Angeles. I cannot stand the employees, almost all are unpleasant to interact with. They seem like they enjoy being terrible people.
RouteTel Aviv to New York
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Ridiculous, non-professional, rude"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I'm a Brazilian, I already visited Israel flying with Aeroflot. The day before yesterday I bought business class for the flight from Vienna to Tel Aviv. During check-in (I was one of the first to make check-in) procedure I was informed my luggage gonna go in another airplane and come later. I need to show my phone, search my name in google and explain why I bought a ticket at the same day as the flight is, why my flight was booked from the Russian travel agency (my wife is Russian so she used to book for me tickets for the last 6 years - nobody ever asked it). Despite I booked business class I am allowed travel only in economy class. When I refused and ask to give me any document where will be written that they dont allow me to travel - they refused - saying that they allow and that I am refusing. I asked to write that they offered me to travel in economy instead of business and I refused - They said that they cannot give me anything because they dont need explain the security reasons. After me insisting and calling to the agency - they asked airport security to check cameras of the airport and check what I was doing before approach check-in. Of course my luggage was checked 3 times. I felt myself like a suspect to be a terrorist or something like this, despite the fact that I have 1000-s of stamps from all over the world - yes there 2 stamps from Emirates - but even if it could be because of them - its not the representative of the airlines who decide to allow the entrance to the country- and this stamps are old - after this I already visited Israel. Ridiculous, non-professional, rude - worst service I ever saw in my life.
RouteVienna to Tel Aviv