El Al Israel Airlines

"extremely pleasant journey"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I had an extremely pleasant journey. The premium economy product outranks other airlines on that route. The staff are very friendly and attentive, seats extremely comfortable and go back quite far and the pillow and blankets are soft and cosy. The food was outstanding and the entertainment plentiful. There is also free basic wifi for whatsapp and email and works really well.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv
Date FlownNovember 2019

"they finally canceled the flight"

Trip Verified | Boston to Tel Aviv. Was heading to Israel to Volunteer for The Jewish farmers in Samaria. Some of the staff was very abrasive, while others were very nice. We'r were loaded onto the plane and sat there for 3 hours until they finally canceled the flight due to mechanical issues. It then took an hour and a half to get our baggage. We had to pay for our own hotel rooms for 2 nights with the promise we'd be reimbursed. Then the flight was delayed because the pilot wasn't in the plane on time and the catering service wasn't there. I thought El Al would be the best way to fly to Israel but now I'm thinking not.
RouteBoston to Tel Aviv

"Very pleasant journey"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Berlin. Flight left on time and arrived before schedule. Spacious dedicated business class cabin, friendly and efficient crew. Food was nicely presented, fresh and flavourful. Business Class service at and in El Al quite good. Very pleasant journey.
RouteTel Aviv to Berlin

"food was embarrassing"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Tel Aviv. One of the last flights of the 747 for El Al before they will be replaced by the new 787 8 or 9. Well it was a vintage flight with an old aircraft that we all loved. The business seats are like they are from the 90's so no real flat bed and the audio was very old without VOD etc. Service was good as usual but food was embarrassing. El Al changed the menu and now serve only sandwiches for EU flights. Very basic, poor and absolutely not enough for an almost 5hr flight.
RouteBarcelona to Tel Aviv

"Absolutely horrible staff"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Munich. Absolutely horrible staff. Asking same questions again and again. Then did extra checks on my suitcase. I had liquids placed inside which were nicely wrapped up. They removed the wrappings and padding when checking the inside of my suitcase. When I opened my suitcase everything was spilled over. In fact from my window seat (40K) I witnessed the mishandling of my suitcase. They first threw it on the ground and then threw it on the conveyor belt. I would never fly with this airline ever again.
RouteTel Aviv to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Worst trip ever!"

(Belarus)

Not Verified | Moscow to Tel-Aviv. Worst trip ever! Before I came even, asked me 100 of questions, even though it is the 4th time I’m going there. All the time the same questions. Every time keeping me for 6 hours on the border. Was flying there with economy and business. Doesn’t make a big difference! Once, I came at 12 at the airport, even though my flight was at 6, and I was exactly in time, and only because I was trying to hurry them up! Will never fly with this airline any more!
RouteMoscow to Tel-Aviv
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Extremely lousy airline"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Bangkok. Extremely lousy airline. Lost my baggage and did not bother about my claims. Multiple emails sent and also contacted local handling agency but still no avail.
RouteTel Aviv to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"poor for a premium airline"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Nice to Tel Aviv. Old 737 that was refurbished very nicely. Looked like new. All seats and cabin are new. Real Business class with recline seats and all the rest is economy. Gate and counter location is awful - no place to seat, super busy and feels like low cost. The crew was OK not more than that as El Al recently pulled out serving food on EU flights. They have very poor salad or sandwich. Poor, not enough for a 4h flight and very uncomfortable. Security check-in El Al asked to arrive airport 3H before departure, add the fact the Nice airport is very small and so at the end the entire tour is very long. A wrong move and poor for a premium airline.
RouteNice to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Worst airline experience I've ever had"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Tel Aviv with El Al Israel Airlines. Worst airline experience I've ever had. Planes are very old, my in-flight entertainment was unusable, the remote was missing buttons and the screen so fuzzy it was impossible to see. Flights delayed, endless interrogations and bag searches, they didn't deliver my luggage until more than 3 days after I arrived, promised some compensation, it never arrived, their customer support email doesn't even respond to email. They don't seem to care the least about customer satisfaction. Worst budget airline experience at non budget airline pricing.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJune 2019

"worst company i ever use"

Trip Verified | Athens to Tel Aviv. What a horrible experience with this lousy company, the worst company i ever use. Our flight supposed to take place on 16/7 at 17:15. Tt been delayed to 8pm, then 9pm then 10pm. We got offered to stay overnight in Athens due to small aircraft been sent instead of big one with free hotel and compensation of 250 euro which been promised to get within one week. 1 month later we still didn't get any compensation and the communication with the airline is really impossible, the customer support over the phone cannot help, and sending repeated online forms - got no replies. Upon arrival - the security took the boarding pass for verification and never returned so we have no required documents for insurance company, the airline doesn't reply to forms sent, and there is no any alternative way to communicate with them unlike any other modern airline do not use their services! Their service is horrible and unprofessional , aircraft old and poorly maintained bottom line, doesn't worth to even think to fly with El Al!
RouteAthens to Tel Aviv