El Al Israel Airlines

Customer Reviews

3 star Skytrax Rating
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Seat Comfort 12345
Staff Service 12345
Value for Money 12345
Customer rating from 299 reviews
5/10
3 star Skytrax Rating
Filter Reviews by :
Show
8/10

"a wonderful service"

(United States)

Trip Verified | Thank you so much for a wonderful service. Nurit and her great team/staff were professional, attentive friendly and very helpful! I was traveling with my mom, and they made it easier for me and took care of her needs. I’d like to thank you all for being so nice and giving such a great service! You’re awesome: Arzo, Diana, Chen and special thanks to Mara ! In addition, the food was great!
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Seat TypeBusiness Class
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJune 2024
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
yes
10/10

"crew were attentive and friendly"

(United Kingdom)

Trip Verified | The crew were attentive and friendly and constantly checking we are ok. I would especially like to thank flight attendant Osher who noticed I was upset and on the verge of crying and took me aside for a chat, tissue and tea. This made me feel I am already at home even before landing.
Type Of TravellerSolo Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteLuton to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMay 2024
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
yes
1/10

"The service was disastrous"

(France)

Not Verified | Review of flight LY320 - ELAL Company I traveled today on the flight of May 27, departing from Charles de Gaulle at 11:10 a.m. towards Tel Aviv, arriving at 5 p.m. a little late on flight LY320 with the ELAL company and I must say that this was an absolutely deplorable experience. The flight attendants seemed to be on the verge of depression: very nonchalant and extremely rude. The plane was extremely small, with absolutely no room to stretch your legs. Traveling with a baby was a nightmare. There was no empathy or understanding from the flight attendants to allow us to let our child sleep. I had to sacrifice myself and stand the entire flight, and by the end our little one was sleeping soundly in both seats. My wife also had to get up to let him sleep. Despite this, the staff made us wake up our child in the middle of sleep, supposedly to put on the seat belt, even though we were not yet in the landing phase of a certain TAL. This ended with staff intimidating me, asking for my passport and becoming very threatening, without even letting me speak. ("I'm going to call the police") The plane itself was without a TV and very small. The service was disastrous: they weren't even able to serve me tea properly, giving me an already used tea bag. A horror, a real horror. I totally deplore this Negligence. ELAL has lost all quality of service. It is strongly advised to avoid paying too much for a non-charter flight, as you can find much cheaper and much more comfortable flights. The staff of this company have no love of the job and seem to do it by huffing and puffing non-stop. This message about the deplorable theft of the El Al company absolutely does not reflect what I have experienced before. My love for Israel will never be questioned. I don't want to create confusion, but I want to say that this flight was a disaster. It is imperative that the company takes matters into its own hands. FR: Avis sur le vol LY320 - Compagnie ELAL J'ai voyagé ce jour le vol du 27 mai départ de Charles de Gaulle à 11h10 vers Tel Aviv arrivé 17h avec un peu de retard sur le vol LY320 avec la compagnie ELAL et je dois dire que ce fut une expérience absolument déplorable. Le personnel de bord semblait être au bord de la dépression : très nonchalant et extrêmement impoli. L'avion était extrêmement petit, avec absolument aucune place pour étendre les jambes. Voyager avec un bébé était un cauchemar. Il n'y avait aucune empathie ni compréhension de la part du personnel de bord pour nous permettre de laisser notre enfant dormir. J'ai dû me sacrifier et rester debout tout le vol, et à la fin, notre petit dormait profondément sur les deux sièges. Ma femme a également dû se lever pour le laisser dormir. Malgré cela, le personnel nous a imposé de réveiller notre enfant en plein sommeil soi-disant pour mettre la ceinture, alors que nous n'étions même pas encore en phase d'atterrissage une certaine TAL. Cela a fini par une intimidation de la part du personnel, me demandant mon passeport et devenant très menacant , sans même me laisser m'exprimer. (« Je vais appeler la police ») L'avion lui-même était sans télé et très petit. Le service était désastreux : ils n'ont même pas été capables de me servir un thé correctement, me donnant un sachet de thé déjà usagé. Une horreur, une véritable horreur. Je déplore totalement cette Negligeance . ELAL a perdu toute qualité de service. Il est vivement conseillé d'éviter de payer trop cher pour un vol non charter, car vous pouvez trouver des vols bien moins onéreux et beaucoup plus confortables. Le personnel de cette compagnie n'a pas l'amour du métier et semble le faire en soufflant et soupirant non-stop. Ce message sur le vol déplorable de la compagnie El Al ne reflète absolument pas ce que j’ai connu auparavant. Mon amour pour Israël ne sera jamais mis en question. Je ne souhaite pas créer d’amalgame, mais je tiens à dire que ce vol a été une catastrophe. Il est impératif que la compagnie reprenne les choses en main.
Type Of TravellerFamily Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteParis to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMay 2024
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"Customer service was terrible"

(United States)

Not Verified | I booked a trip before the events on October 7th. I had to cancel my trip and El Al was not accommodating at all even though this is an extenuating circumstance. They offered me a partial refund taking 1/3 of my total expense. Customer service was terrible. We were hung up on multiple times after asking to speak to a supervisor. Wait times to talk to a representative were over an hour. You would think this company would be a bit more accommodating to people who had to cancel a trip during this time but all they care about is money. Never flying with them again, they’ve taken enough of my money.
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteNewark to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMarch 2024
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"Always some bad experience"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Such a bad service. Changing flight time and no response from service at all. Been waiting now for 10 days to get a response. Just stay away. Always some bad experience with them.
Type Of TravellerSolo Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteTel Aviv to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2023
Value For Money 12345
no
9/10

"service was good"

(United Kingdom)

Not Verified | The service was good, everything that I ordered came in a minute or less and all my needs were attended to. Free snacks of hot fudge and tea. Fast and there were no delays (not late for take off or landing) Really recommend, thanks for a great flight. I am really happy.
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteTel Aviv to London
Date FlownNovember 2023
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
yes
1/10

"they have an awful service"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | It has a clear and direct discrimination passengers. It’s my second time that I’m flying with El Al and both were terrible experience. You can feel disgraced and humiliated due to special and extra luggage check and due to the personal question that are asked by security during boarding. All of this discrimination is due to the fact that you’re not Jewish or white. Except the direct discrimination, they have an awful service. Flight attendants are rude and arrogant, they don’t smile and need to ask for thing several times. Do your self a service and avoid this company.
AircraftBoeing 787
Type Of TravellerBusiness
Seat TypePremium Economy
RouteTokyo to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2023
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"cancellation fees in this war environment"

(United States)

Not Verified | Outrageous that EL AL is charging cancellation fees in this war environment where tours are being cancelled and all other airlines have cancelled their flights.
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Seat TypeBusiness Class
RouteNewark to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2023
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"refuse to switch the voucher to refund"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Bought a ticket for my wife for her Birthday. War broke out a few days later so I tried to cancel the tickets as promised by El AL without any charges, however, it is not possible to do that on their website only through phone call. El Al never answered their phones for several days which is understandable due to the overwhelming call volume. since the flight was the next day I took a voucher with limited credit for 12 months and thought I would get the money when they answered just not to lose my money for "no show". Today they answered after spending hours on the phone, but they refuse to switch the voucher to refund. One Star for you El AL, and I or anyone from my family will never ever fly with you. Just for comparison, The ticket back to Israel was with Turkish Airlines which allowed cancellation without penalty (due to the war) on their website. It took less than a minute to get a full refund.
Type Of TravellerSolo Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2023
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"Shame on El Al"

(United States)

Not Verified |   Shame on El Al. Was so excited to go to Israel for a family wedding. Ticket purchased for Saturday non stop flight (non stop) from Miami to Tel Aviv on 10/07/23 (Saturday) night. War had broken out earlier that day. Needless to say the wedding was cancelled. El Al never answered their phones for several days (understandable due to overwhelming call volume. However when she did speak to someone all they would offer was a limited credit for 12 months OR…refund but a $275 fee. The other airlines were so accommodating. Not El Al. Trying to make money on us during war time. Do not fly EL Al, we never will.
AircraftBoeing 787
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Seat TypeEconomy Class
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2023
Value For Money 12345
no