Egyptair

"exceeded all of my expectations"

Trip Verified | Cairo to New York. I had hesitated booking Egyptair because of many poor reviews of business class on routes. There were not any business class reviews for the non-stop Cairo to JFK. Much to my surprise the flight exceeded all of my expectations. The special ground check in took just a few minutes and the ground agent was courteous. Boarding was well organized and I was directed to my seat. There is no first class so this was a business class cabin. The plane felt new. The seat pods are spacious with plenty of storage space. There were blankets and pillows. There is a storage space with water as well as a storage space for headphone. They provide a nice amenity kit with a brush. The entertainment screen is large. There is an extensive selection of new releases as well as older movies. The entertainment system worked flawlessly. The flight attendants were very attentive. They check frequently to make sure my beverage was always full and asked if I have any special requests. The menu offered a nice selection of choices. The servings were plentiful although the quality was not up to the same level as my experience on other airlines in business class. And they brought all the servings on one tray although they did serve hot food separately. All in all, a very nice experience.
RouteCairo to New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would never recommend Egyptair"

Cairo to London. At Mansoura Egyptair Office I paid more than 10000 egyptian pounds to change the date of my and my wife’s tickets since the imminent suspension of airports because of Corona virus. Despite saying that changing travel dates is free, the staff were playing games, and bargaining with customers to charge the largest amount if money. Initially they denied any economy seats left and asked for 23000 eg pounds per seat i.e. 46000 for 2 seats business class for only to change the travel date. When I complained to the manager I found out that there are many economy seats and asked to pay over 10000 per ticket i.e. over 20000. After arguing this was reduced to 10056 Egyptian pounds which I had no choice but to pay. This is illegal since the closure of the airports was the government decision and not a mind change. This is giving the company and the country bad name. I come across tens of angry passengers who would never recommend Egyptair to anyone. This is sad situation at a time other companies are helping their passengers.
RouteCairo to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They cancelled my booking"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my booking from Nairobi to Cairo. Hours before my scheduled flight, I received an e-mail stating that my booking was confirmed but needed to check-in in the airport, once I tried to check-in the airport I was informed that my booking was cancelled and cannot board the plane. All Information they gave me, is to go to Egyptair’s website and contact them, the website has 100’s of numbers that do not answer. After 5 hour of trying different phone numbers, the number that worked was the UAE number. Important to say, that in the 10 hours that I was in the Nairobi airport trying to sort out my flight, the Egyptair office in the airport never opened and the Nairobi office in the city is closed on weekends. Worst customer service if something goes wrong with your flight.
RouteNairobi to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Good in flight service"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Cairo. Long queue at boarding desk but checking was smooth,they had allotted our seat a day before journey and send the web boarding on mail, they had given us aisle and next to aisle. The aircraft seating configuration was 2-4-2, we wanted to change to window but as no window were available for 2 to seat together. But when we boarded found that no one was seating beside us means we 2 share 4 seats, that was comfortable. Flight departed and and arrived on time, aircraft was clean good leg room, breakfast was good, we selected for special (hindu) meal and it was provided. No alcoholic beverage on Egyptair. Good in flight service. Overall good experience and can fly again.
AircraftA 330
RouteDubai to Cairo

"Overall decent experience"

Trip Verified | Flown last month between Cairo and Dubai,we arrived Airport around 3 and half hour before departure and check in was smooth,no queue at all. They mailed boarding with seat allotment a day before journey and it was window and middle seat for 2 of us so good. The flight departed half hour late but reach Dubai nearly on time. Though they have A330 on this route but on the day of our journey it was narrow body Boeing 737 so certainly leg room was less, but as it was just 3 hr flight so ok. Aircraft was clean and tidy, we had dinner at airport lounge so didn't had meals, only non alcoholic beverages are available on Egyptair. IFE was ok, surprised to see 3-4 hindi movies too. Overall decent experience.
RouteCairo to Dubai

"airline should improve"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Cairo. It was a long haul flight with full of tourist groups, the aircraft and facility were very old. 2 out of 3 PTV touch screens in my row didn't work well and you had to use the remote controller. Some cabin crew served drinks and food with one hand in the pocket and didn't look professional. There was only one choice of snacks between the meals: cheese sandwich. I think the airline should improve its facility a lot.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteGuangzhou to Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Overall a pleasant flight"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Cairo. I can honestly say my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at our flight experience. Staff were very good and attentive. Food was good - too much in fact. Aircraft in excellent condition and nice and clean. Overall a pleasant flight and would recommend Egyptair based on our experience .
RouteJohannesburg to Cairo

"no-frills low cost"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | EgyptAir Business Class MS768 Barcelona to Cairo was bad. The seat was old and uncomfortable, it barely reclined and the footrest did not work. The entertainment system on my chair didn’t work. I had to change seats and even then, the sound had a hissing buzz and the screen so small that it was impossible to read or enjoy a movie. I asked for a seafood meal and I received a salad with four pieces of lettuce, two pieces of bread, fish and some fruits. Overall the meal was disappointing, but the fish fresher than normal on the same flight. The cost of the ticket is disproportionately steep because of the monopoly that the company has on the route. Given the vintage condition of the carrier, it should be priced as a no-frills low cost
RouteBarcelona to Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"improved by leaps and bounds"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Athens to Johannesburg via Cairo. When flying with Egyptair one has to be aware that no alcohol is served on board. This can be a damper for some. It wasn't a major inconvenience for me. Its fleet is dated and their entertainment system is not up to date with the latest movies. However they have improved by leaps and bounds. The Manager at the Athens Airport was very helpful and accommodating. On board flight attendants were polite, friendly and helpful on all my sectors. In flight meals have improved tremendously and my starter entrée from Cairo onwards definitely could compete with the likes of Emirates. A very pleasant relaxing trip. Price wise cheaper than their competitors. Yes I will most definitely fly them again.
RouteAthens to Johannesburg via Cairo

"Hotel is not included"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dubai via Cairo and they say you have to stay 16 hr in the airport or pay to upgrade your ticket and leave at 9 am. Hotel accommodation is not included in the ticket I bought. Then I paid and got to the hotel on my own because there was no shuttle available yet. At the hotel was another surprise and no room available got to wait till a guest leave.
RouteToronto to Dubai via Cairo