Egyptair

"refused multiple times to be checked in online"

Trip Verified | Entered Cairo airport with efficient time to board flight. Was refused multiple times to be checked in online to receive electronic boarding pass. Since Cairo airport does not allow you to be cleared I couldn’t pass to the flight desk to receive boarding pass and check my bag. By time someone who understood English was able to understand me it was 11:24pm which they pointed me to business alliance. Once, they sent me to business alliance the guy who did not have on a mask stated what you want me to do!! Then by the time he decided to call after I was expressing the issues I have endured they informed him the gate was closed at 11:30pm. He stated he nothing he can do and shrugged his shoulders then said you can go to customer service. Walked over to customer service where a guy on his cell phone pointed me to the other windows who Pointed me back to the Egypt air customer service window. Eventually the guy got up and left since he wasn’t suppose to be there. The other guys said they don’t speak English and laughed in our Faces. I have never been to an airport and airline which just refuse to provide any assistance. Plane was not departing until 12:01am
RouteWashington to Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2020

"airline misplaced my baggage"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Despite the generally bad reviews of Egyptair I decided to give it a try as the prices were low, but regretted my decision. The tray table had not been cleaned, seat was malfunctioning, armrest rusted. No entertainment on international flight. To cap it all the airline misplaced my baggage, and I got my baggage a week later on my 2 week vacation. I had to purchase all neccesities on my own money and when contacted Egypt air for even a partial refund, they led me on a long process which eventually led to nowhere. In the end they stopped responding to my emails altogether. Rather pay a little more and get good service instead of being deceived by cheap air fares from Egyptair.
Routeistanbul to Nairobi via Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Cancelled my booking"

Trip Verified | Cancelled my booking without letting me know. I found out by accident while looking at my bookings to see if i could get an extra bag. I tried to phone their call center in Germany but the numbers dont work. I tried to email their customer support and i haven't recieved a reply. My mum had to phone them from Cairo. They told her they couldnt confirm whether the rescheduled flight would also be cancelled and that we are only allowed to re-schedule one time or we would have to pay for another flight. They cancelled the flight, then said if they cancelled again we would have to pay.
RouteBerlin to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2020

"challenging to get adequate information"

Trip Verified | I was booked to fly from London to Douala via Cairo and EgyptAir did an excellent job to contact me fours days before my flight to inform me the flight was cancelled. I was directed to get to the ticketing agent to initiate a process to get a refund. It was been challenging to get adequate information from the agent that issued the ticket to me. I have made several attempts to to know the next steps to get this sorted out without success. I need to get a refund.
RouteLondon to Douala via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"exceeded all of my expectations"

Trip Verified | Cairo to New York. I had hesitated booking Egyptair because of many poor reviews of business class on routes. There were not any business class reviews for the non-stop Cairo to JFK. Much to my surprise the flight exceeded all of my expectations. The special ground check in took just a few minutes and the ground agent was courteous. Boarding was well organized and I was directed to my seat. There is no first class so this was a business class cabin. The plane felt new. The seat pods are spacious with plenty of storage space. There were blankets and pillows. There is a storage space with water as well as a storage space for headphone. They provide a nice amenity kit with a brush. The entertainment screen is large. There is an extensive selection of new releases as well as older movies. The entertainment system worked flawlessly. The flight attendants were very attentive. They check frequently to make sure my beverage was always full and asked if I have any special requests. The menu offered a nice selection of choices. The servings were plentiful although the quality was not up to the same level as my experience on other airlines in business class. And they brought all the servings on one tray although they did serve hot food separately. All in all, a very nice experience.
RouteCairo to New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would never recommend Egyptair"

Cairo to London. At Mansoura Egyptair Office I paid more than 10000 egyptian pounds to change the date of my and my wife’s tickets since the imminent suspension of airports because of Corona virus. Despite saying that changing travel dates is free, the staff were playing games, and bargaining with customers to charge the largest amount if money. Initially they denied any economy seats left and asked for 23000 eg pounds per seat i.e. 46000 for 2 seats business class for only to change the travel date. When I complained to the manager I found out that there are many economy seats and asked to pay over 10000 per ticket i.e. over 20000. After arguing this was reduced to 10056 Egyptian pounds which I had no choice but to pay. This is illegal since the closure of the airports was the government decision and not a mind change. This is giving the company and the country bad name. I come across tens of angry passengers who would never recommend Egyptair to anyone. This is sad situation at a time other companies are helping their passengers.
RouteCairo to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They cancelled my booking"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my booking from Nairobi to Cairo. Hours before my scheduled flight, I received an e-mail stating that my booking was confirmed but needed to check-in in the airport, once I tried to check-in the airport I was informed that my booking was cancelled and cannot board the plane. All Information they gave me, is to go to Egyptair’s website and contact them, the website has 100’s of numbers that do not answer. After 5 hour of trying different phone numbers, the number that worked was the UAE number. Important to say, that in the 10 hours that I was in the Nairobi airport trying to sort out my flight, the Egyptair office in the airport never opened and the Nairobi office in the city is closed on weekends. Worst customer service if something goes wrong with your flight.
RouteNairobi to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Good in flight service"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Cairo. Long queue at boarding desk but checking was smooth,they had allotted our seat a day before journey and send the web boarding on mail, they had given us aisle and next to aisle. The aircraft seating configuration was 2-4-2, we wanted to change to window but as no window were available for 2 to seat together. But when we boarded found that no one was seating beside us means we 2 share 4 seats, that was comfortable. Flight departed and and arrived on time, aircraft was clean good leg room, breakfast was good, we selected for special (hindu) meal and it was provided. No alcoholic beverage on Egyptair. Good in flight service. Overall good experience and can fly again.
AircraftA 330
RouteDubai to Cairo

"Overall decent experience"

Trip Verified | Flown last month between Cairo and Dubai,we arrived Airport around 3 and half hour before departure and check in was smooth,no queue at all. They mailed boarding with seat allotment a day before journey and it was window and middle seat for 2 of us so good. The flight departed half hour late but reach Dubai nearly on time. Though they have A330 on this route but on the day of our journey it was narrow body Boeing 737 so certainly leg room was less, but as it was just 3 hr flight so ok. Aircraft was clean and tidy, we had dinner at airport lounge so didn't had meals, only non alcoholic beverages are available on Egyptair. IFE was ok, surprised to see 3-4 hindi movies too. Overall decent experience.
RouteCairo to Dubai

"airline should improve"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Cairo. It was a long haul flight with full of tourist groups, the aircraft and facility were very old. 2 out of 3 PTV touch screens in my row didn't work well and you had to use the remote controller. Some cabin crew served drinks and food with one hand in the pocket and didn't look professional. There was only one choice of snacks between the meals: cheese sandwich. I think the airline should improve its facility a lot.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER