Egyptair

“will never fly with this airline again”

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | I have never flown as bad as Egyptair. 2 weeks ago when I flew from Addis Ababa to Amsterdam one luggage was not delivered. I was deeply disappointed. Last week I flew back from Amsterdam to Addis Ababa. My 4 pieces of luggage did not arrive at my destination. After 5 days I didn't get the right answer of where my luggage is. Airline staff did not respond in the right way to trace my luggage. I don't want everyone to get my experience and wish to acknowledge this problem before hand. To be honest I will never fly with this airline again.
AircraftA221A RD
RouteAmsterdam to Addis Ababa via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2024

"always be my top choice"

Trip Verified | Aircraft had mechanical issues pre-boarding, were delayed on the ground for 5 hrs, boarded the plane for 90 minutes then flight got canceled. The EgyptAir ground Staff were up against angry distressed passengers who knew nothing about how airline handles these situations. Since they were talking in Arabic to other Egyptian Egyptair Employees, there was of profanity used and most of them were more focused on recording videos than solving their issues. They were waiting for the airline to babysit them. Egyptair supplied hotel rooms and transportation to hotels for everyone of them. Still not good enough for the crowd. They want hotel full board (which was already supplied) transportation (supplied) recovery flight (Supplied the next day) and still want a full refund. I admire the Station Manager and his boss for staying professional, attentive, calm and respectful to every one of them no matter how rude they were to them both. Next day they arranged for a recovery flight and the same staff were there with a big apologetic smile and handed vouchers for a snack but still people wanted a refund on top of the flight. They offered refund upon cancellation but these people wanted a refund and a free 12 hrs flight. I have no idea how EgyptAir train their people to remain calm and professional. They did not even call law enforcement on anyone. I felt they done everything at their disposal to accommodate legitimate request not the fancy dreams. Well done EgyptAir and you will always be my top choice flying to Egypt.
RouteNewark to Cairo
Date FlownJune 2024

"Overall a decent airline"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Overall a decent airline, but I would prefer not to fly with them again. The positives: the flights were all roughly on time, and on each flight we were served a full meal, and the food was perfectly fine. But beyond that, the service was hit and miss - on all four flights there was only one properly engaged, polished cabin crew - she was excellent, friendly, and enjoyed herself. Everyone else was surly and indifferent. Safety videos were still playing as the plane took off, crew were relaxed about seats being uprights and window shades up, and it all seems rather laid back. The IFE was pretty poor - very limited choice, and very dated. I would hate to be stuck with this on a long-haul flight. Plane interiors were poorly kept - despite being relatively new, they were not well maintained. It was all quite scruffy. So whilst the flights got me to the destination and back, they weren't enjoyable and I would avoid Egyptair in the future.
AircraftA321neo
RouteBeirut to Tunis via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2024

“customer service can be improved”

Trip Verified | I flew to Cyprus from the United States. This airline wasn’t my first choice, but not many airlines offer flights to Cyprus with a decent price and route. I was not expecting too much from this airline, therefore I was not too disappointed. It’s not horrible, but I’d avoid if I can. They did get me safely from point A to point B, but customer service can be improved. There is no boarding process, and no announcements were made when boarding in Cairo. So I had no idea when my group was called or when to board. Customer service is also sub par. Flight attendants aren’t too friendly and seem to only want to get the job done rather than provide a pleasant experience, which is fine, but it would be nice to have it nonetheless. The food is probably the worst I’ve had on any airline I’ve flown. In all fairness, they’ll get you to your destination without much of a hassle, but I’d only use if I absolutely need to and have no other options. Not to mention, the 12 hour layover in Cairo made the trip all the much longer than it had to have been. The least that could’ve been done is to provide some sort of accommodation or voucher for food. Cairo airport for 12 hours is not fun. In all fairness, they’ll get you to your destination without too much of a hassle, but I’d only use this airline if the price is really good or if I need to go to a destination where not many airlines go, such as Cyprus. It’s whatever to me, I’m not disappointed as I wasn’t expecting much to begin with, but to my avail, I was right to not expect much. It’s an ok airline that gets you from point A to point B, that’s enough.
RouteWashington to Larnaca via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2024

"professional and courteous"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Toronto, Canada to Lagos on 18th of April, connecting in Cairo, Egypt. The first flight, Toronto to Cairo, was wonderful. The flight attendants were professional and courteous, and the food was great. The passengers were very diverse coming from Toronto, as is expected from the most diverse city in the world. It was one of the best flights I’ve experienced in a while, but upon arriving in Cairo where I boarded my connecting flight to Lagos, it was a completely different experience. On the flight from Cairo to Lagos it is clear that we were given much different service compared to the flight from Canada. The plane was cold and most weren’t even given blankets to stay warm. On my return flight from Lagos to Cairo thinking it would be better, but it was exactly the same. Again, we couldn’t be given a blanket. Once we landed in Cairo the connecting flight was delayed by 6 hours. There was no explanation or compensation for the delay which left us to sleep at the airport overnight. As expected, the connecting flight going to back to Toronto was exceptional, as the treatment was completely different based on the destination it was going to. There is a very clear disparity in treatment of passengers based on where the flight originates and the destination or arrival location.
RouteLagos to Cairo
Date FlownMay 2024

"Overall a fair experience"

Trip Verified | Reviewing two similar domestic flights: Cairo-Aswan and Hurghada-Cairo. In both cases there was a speedy group check-in. We were bussed to and from the plane at every airport, but boarding was reasonably efficient and the seats were comfortable (seat back video only on the second plane whose seats seemed a bit wider). A piece of cake and a bottle of water were served on each leg by the friendly crews. On the ground, baggage retrieval was quick. While the Hurghada flight operated 10 minutes ahead of schedule, the Aswan flight operated 6 hrs 20 mins late due to a sandstorm in southern Egypt. During the waiting period cheese rolls, Egyptian pickles, fruit juice and water were offered free to passengers. When the plane reached Aswan it was announced that it would not be continuing on its next leg to Abu Simbel. Our tour company (not Egyptair) arranged a bus for the 3 hour onward journey, Overall a fair experience with Egyptair given the sandstorm, but the cancellation of the second leg of the Aswan/Abu Simbel flight could have been better handled.
RouteCairo to Aswan

"it all went smoothly"

Trip Verified | At the airport the queue for business class check-in was a bit chaotic, but a staff member appeared and referred us to an economy counter for very efficient processing. Fast track through security and passport control worked well. The lounge was comfortable but with few food options that were not replenished quickly enough for the hungry passengers. The plane operated an hour late. The onboard welcome was warm and the recliner seat was wide and comfortable. The food was fine. No alcoholic drinks were available. On arrival we were bussed to the terminal, but there was a separate business class bus which made the process easier. Our bags arrived quickly. This was our first experience with Egyptair and it all went smoothly.
RouteBarcelona to Cairo
Date FlownApril 2024

"service has improved tremendously"

Trip Verified | Having flown with Egyptair before I had sworn never again. I am pleased to have given it another opportunity and the service has improved tremendously, including the Cairo Airport. I did not use the onboard entertainment, food was good. On arriving to Cairo, I noticed a huge improvement in the airport, clean and more food choice. The Transfer desk and all signs clear. The staff of Egypt air were great and I did not lose any bags so all went well.
RouteJohannesburg to London via Cairo

"Terrible service"

Not Verified | Some of the staff are amazing, friendly, warm, and helpful. Others, not so much. My wife had an issue with her seat, there was urine on her seat, soaking the seat, but the stewardess laughed and walked away rather than help her. On top of that, we had booked 4 seats, under the same family name, at the same time, so the airline made certain we sat as far apart as possible. Terrible service.
RouteLuxor to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2024

"I was positively surprised"

Trip Verified | Normally a traveller with Lufthansa group airlines, I was positively surprised by this flight (Cairo to Doha return). Flights were on time, aircraft well maintained, comfortable seats and acceptable spacing, IFE with good films available. I should even say, easily better flights and service than with LH and LX. However they have a certain casualness about leaving bags in front of bulkheads or in front of the seats on the emergency exit.
RouteDoha to Cairo