Egyptair

"8 hours late after hellish experience"

Trip Verified | All went perfectly until transfer at Cairo. Connecting flight left us behind because Egyptair was an hour late leaving Heathrow. From therein it was total chaos and arrived Entebbe 8 hours late after hellish experience not made any easier by the unhelpful Egyptair attitude to customer service. They literally do not care at ALL whether they fail and let down their customers.
RouteLondon to Entebbe via Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"infotainment system was a disaster"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I started on my 1st flight on the morning of the 23rd September, the flight attendants not welcoming in any way. The plane was a 777,it was old and the infotainment system was a disaster, it hardly worked and when it did there was nothing but old shows and rubbish to watch. The plane did not have individual aircon and it felt like I was in a Sauna for 12 hours. Being hot as hell they do not offer drinks, only water and juice. I had to get up, waking the old man next to me, just to get water, and when I asked the guy for water it was like I asked if I could sleep with his wife. Oh My word what a horrific flight. Cairo to Johannesburg, the plane was a 787 so it was up market, but we had a 1 hr delay on the plane before take off, with only the captain coming online telling us we have a 15 min delay and he was sorry. Only male flight attendants and we got soggy sandwiches wrapped in plastic. Then offering coffee they ran past us not even giving you a chance to ask. Morning breakfast was a roll with a thick slice of cheese and some fruit.
RouteToronto to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Most uncomfortable economy class"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Most uncomfortable economy class flight I have ever had in my life. Seats have been made smaller. Every person in economy, left the plane and commented about how small the seats were on the new planes.
RouteJohannesburg to Athens via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"not accepting any claim for compensation"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Our bags were missing on arrival on July 2nd, and we’ve been calling and emailing EgyptAir every day but no answer. We were visiting Toronto for 3 weeks and our trip has been ruined due to this incident. We have been informed by the airport claims desk that 2 bags is arriving on 7th July (5 days late), then another 2 bags arrived 10 days late and the last bag arrived 14 days late. This is unbelievable that EgyptAir has never had any empathy concerns to write back to one of the emails and apologize for what happened. My family and I have suffered from this delay which caused us extra money to purchase all necessities due to this delay and finally, EgyptAir is not accepting any claim for compensation despite providing them all the supporting documents they requested, the reason they said that I am Canadian and traveling to Canada.
RouteCairo to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | As Soon as I booked the flight they didn't tell me it was going to be delayed! I even booked the flight several hours before boarding. Within I was checking in, they told me it was going to be delayed for 2 hours which turned out to be 6 hours! I will not recommend this airline. Because of them, I missed my business meeting.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"such a poorly run company"

Trip Verified | Lost our bags on the second leg of our trip from Cairo to JFK. we got 2 that found their way home but 3 are still missing and we are going on a week now with no assistance from EgyptAir. We filed a missing bag report with them on the 29th at the JFK airport and the gentleman there gave me a number to call 718-360-8927 that number goes to VM and the mailbox is full, been that way for over 3 days now. I have spent 8 hours a day for the past 3 days trying to get someone at Egypt air to even acknowledge that they lost our bags. At one point, they blamed it on another airline and denied our claim, literally the only response we got was them telling us that it wasn’t their responsibility. I have never in my life seem such a poorly run company in my life. When you have the bag tag info and everything is scanned and tracked, how do not help find my bags!
RouteCairo to New York
Date FlownAugust 2022

"compensated me with a transit flight"

Not Verified | I arrived to the checkout point 2 hours before the takeoff time and they wouldn’t let me board because there was an overbooking they said. They basically sold more tickets than the right number of the passengers. I had to miss an important meeting because of them. I had a direct flight and they compensated me with a transit flight. Don’t fly with them if you plan to travel on the flight you actually booked.
RouteCairo to Washington
Date FlownAugust 2022

"flight was cancelled before I even booked"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Moscow to Johannesburg via Cairo. Booked a flight for 24 March 2022 - flight was cancelled before I even booked but online accepted payment. They did not indicate that flight was cancelled. I asked for refund online and received confirmation that my account will be credited within 21 days. I have not yet received payment and today is 30 July 2022. Except for initial confirmation my emails and phone calls remain unanswered
RouteMoscow to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"training to improve the entire Egyptair service package"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | I travelled on holiday to Egypt with 3 family members the bad service started with our arrival at Cairo airport on Saturday morning 25 June 2022 as it took over an hour and a half for our luggage to arrive. Two weeks later we were booked to fly from Hurghada to Cairo on Friday 8 July 2022 our flight leaving at 8:40 pm, no announcements were made save for information displayed on the television in the departure lounge regarding the delay of all flights. As our connecting flight out of Cairo was scheduled for 2:20 am Saturday morning you can understand our stress. The local Egyptair representative also had no idea of the terms regarding the tri party alliance which exists as we found out that we could book our flight from Hurghada through Cairo onto Ethiopia and then to RSA. He did allow us to change our boarding passes and also changed the information on our luggage to be booked through to RSA. Once in the air we asked the steward to please announce once we arrive at Cairo to allow all passengers with connecting flights to be allowed to disembark first. Needless to say this didn't happen and on arrival a free for all ensued which meant this priority did not take place. When questioned the steward rudely snapped that her script didn't allow for our request to be made and justified her stance stating that she 'doesn't own the runway.' Once on the bus a lady collapsed to the floor causing great concern amongst fellow passengers, logic would suggest the bus driver should get the patient to the terminal as quickly as possible to receive medical attention. However the driver obviously didn't see the urgency of the matter and rather chose to get out the bus and go and chat to his friend while chaos rained, he then got back into the bus and we thought he might now have realised the severity of the situation but then decided he hadn't finished his chat and got out again to carry on his conversation with his friend on the tarmac. The plane had landed at 01:05 am thanks to no other bus being available we were eventually dropped off at domestic arrivals 55 minutes later at 02:00am. The pressure to make our flight at 02:20 am was immense however I am relieved to say by mere minutes we made the flight to Ethiopia. No surprise that our luggage wasn't on the flight and it took a agent in RSA to trace and return our luggage. Our experience could be taken on board and used for training to improve the entire Egyptair service package. Given that the globe is trying to recover post Covid and the fact that tourism was probably the hardest hit airports and flying is the first impression tourists encounter.
RouteHurghada to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2022

"have not received my luggage"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I'm so disappointed from your service, I had flight from Cairo to Benghazi through your company, last Wednesday, and I have not received my luggage until this moment! This happens to many passengers, and as I came to know this happens frequently. Very bad service.
RouteCairo to Benghazi