Egyptair

"food on board was very tasty"

(China)

Trip Verified | I traveled with them in July 2022 on the Boeing B737-800 from Amman to Cairo ( Flight Number: MS702) Although the flight was short (about an hour and a half), the level of service on board was more than wonderful, the food on board was very tasty. The flight crew was excellent and very nice.
RouteAmman to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2022

"4 flights with them and they were all delayed"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | The worst service experience I have had! I had 4 flights with them and they were all delayed. Most of the staff were rude. The flight attendant ignored me when I asked for water multiple times. The flight coordinator actually threatened me. It took me 3 hours to check in even though there were less than 10 people in front of me and they had 4 open windows. After all the hustle they put me through they lost my luggage. When it was found after 8 days the luggage and most of its contents was damaged. When I informed the customer service all of these they didn't care at all. I would rather walk 8000 miles than fly with them. I don't even know how they are in business treating customers like this.
RouteAddis Ababa to Cairo via Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2022

"every flight had a delay"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | It is 4th time in a row . And every flight had a delay. We missed our transfer at Tanzania. And no responsible to communicate. No staff speaks English, also in check in the worker put different seats as we applied together as a couple. Terrible services
RouteIstanbul to Cairo
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Terrible meals"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Unfriendly staff who you have to ask twice for water, etc. Terrible meals (I had a beef lasagna that was inedible), uncomfortable seating, a poor infotainment system and (no one had informed us). This was an alcohol-free flight. The state of Cairo International Airport was equally as poor (toilets, lounges, staff friendliness, cafes, etc).
RouteJohannesburg to Istanbul via Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"8 hours late after hellish experience"

Trip Verified | All went perfectly until transfer at Cairo. Connecting flight left us behind because Egyptair was an hour late leaving Heathrow. From therein it was total chaos and arrived Entebbe 8 hours late after hellish experience not made any easier by the unhelpful Egyptair attitude to customer service. They literally do not care at ALL whether they fail and let down their customers.
RouteLondon to Entebbe via Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"infotainment system was a disaster"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I started on my 1st flight on the morning of the 23rd September, the flight attendants not welcoming in any way. The plane was a 777,it was old and the infotainment system was a disaster, it hardly worked and when it did there was nothing but old shows and rubbish to watch. The plane did not have individual aircon and it felt like I was in a Sauna for 12 hours. Being hot as hell they do not offer drinks, only water and juice. I had to get up, waking the old man next to me, just to get water, and when I asked the guy for water it was like I asked if I could sleep with his wife. Oh My word what a horrific flight. Cairo to Johannesburg, the plane was a 787 so it was up market, but we had a 1 hr delay on the plane before take off, with only the captain coming online telling us we have a 15 min delay and he was sorry. Only male flight attendants and we got soggy sandwiches wrapped in plastic. Then offering coffee they ran past us not even giving you a chance to ask. Morning breakfast was a roll with a thick slice of cheese and some fruit.
RouteToronto to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Most uncomfortable economy class"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Most uncomfortable economy class flight I have ever had in my life. Seats have been made smaller. Every person in economy, left the plane and commented about how small the seats were on the new planes.
RouteJohannesburg to Athens via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"not accepting any claim for compensation"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Our bags were missing on arrival on July 2nd, and we’ve been calling and emailing EgyptAir every day but no answer. We were visiting Toronto for 3 weeks and our trip has been ruined due to this incident. We have been informed by the airport claims desk that 2 bags is arriving on 7th July (5 days late), then another 2 bags arrived 10 days late and the last bag arrived 14 days late. This is unbelievable that EgyptAir has never had any empathy concerns to write back to one of the emails and apologize for what happened. My family and I have suffered from this delay which caused us extra money to purchase all necessities due to this delay and finally, EgyptAir is not accepting any claim for compensation despite providing them all the supporting documents they requested, the reason they said that I am Canadian and traveling to Canada.
RouteCairo to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | As Soon as I booked the flight they didn't tell me it was going to be delayed! I even booked the flight several hours before boarding. Within I was checking in, they told me it was going to be delayed for 2 hours which turned out to be 6 hours! I will not recommend this airline. Because of them, I missed my business meeting.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"such a poorly run company"

Trip Verified | Lost our bags on the second leg of our trip from Cairo to JFK. we got 2 that found their way home but 3 are still missing and we are going on a week now with no assistance from EgyptAir. We filed a missing bag report with them on the 29th at the JFK airport and the gentleman there gave me a number to call 718-360-8927 that number goes to VM and the mailbox is full, been that way for over 3 days now. I have spent 8 hours a day for the past 3 days trying to get someone at Egypt air to even acknowledge that they lost our bags. At one point, they blamed it on another airline and denied our claim, literally the only response we got was them telling us that it wasn’t their responsibility. I have never in my life seem such a poorly run company in my life. When you have the bag tag info and everything is scanned and tracked, how do not help find my bags!
RouteCairo to New York