Egyptair

"airline should improve"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Cairo. It was a long haul flight with full of tourist groups, the aircraft and facility were very old. 2 out of 3 PTV touch screens in my row didn't work well and you had to use the remote controller. Some cabin crew served drinks and food with one hand in the pocket and didn't look professional. There was only one choice of snacks between the meals: cheese sandwich. I think the airline should improve its facility a lot.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteGuangzhou to Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Overall a pleasant flight"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Cairo. I can honestly say my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at our flight experience. Staff were very good and attentive. Food was good - too much in fact. Aircraft in excellent condition and nice and clean. Overall a pleasant flight and would recommend Egyptair based on our experience .
RouteJohannesburg to Cairo

"no-frills low cost"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | EgyptAir Business Class MS768 Barcelona to Cairo was bad. The seat was old and uncomfortable, it barely reclined and the footrest did not work. The entertainment system on my chair didn’t work. I had to change seats and even then, the sound had a hissing buzz and the screen so small that it was impossible to read or enjoy a movie. I asked for a seafood meal and I received a salad with four pieces of lettuce, two pieces of bread, fish and some fruits. Overall the meal was disappointing, but the fish fresher than normal on the same flight. The cost of the ticket is disproportionately steep because of the monopoly that the company has on the route. Given the vintage condition of the carrier, it should be priced as a no-frills low cost
RouteBarcelona to Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"improved by leaps and bounds"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Athens to Johannesburg via Cairo. When flying with Egyptair one has to be aware that no alcohol is served on board. This can be a damper for some. It wasn't a major inconvenience for me. Its fleet is dated and their entertainment system is not up to date with the latest movies. However they have improved by leaps and bounds. The Manager at the Athens Airport was very helpful and accommodating. On board flight attendants were polite, friendly and helpful on all my sectors. In flight meals have improved tremendously and my starter entrée from Cairo onwards definitely could compete with the likes of Emirates. A very pleasant relaxing trip. Price wise cheaper than their competitors. Yes I will most definitely fly them again.
RouteAthens to Johannesburg via Cairo

"Hotel is not included"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dubai via Cairo and they say you have to stay 16 hr in the airport or pay to upgrade your ticket and leave at 9 am. Hotel accommodation is not included in the ticket I bought. Then I paid and got to the hotel on my own because there was no shuttle available yet. At the hotel was another surprise and no room available got to wait till a guest leave.
RouteToronto to Dubai via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my bag was left behind"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Aswan via Cairo. I got an email on the day before about 12h prior my departing time to tell me the flight had been cancelled so my flight was postponed by 1 hour. Check in & baggage drop in Dubai was alright. When we arrived in Aswan my bag (1 out of 4) was left behind, we were told it happened because of little time (we had 4h connection). I was given 2 options: either I needed to come back about 23:30 - midnight, the time for next flight scheduled, so I could open my bag for them to check, however I would get no compensation, not even to cover taxi expenses. Or I provided the code so they could open by themselves and had it delivered at the hotel. As I had nothing of high value in my suitcase I opted for giving them the code. I finally got my bag around 2am, checked all the content and nothing removed but for my surprise they've changed the code and I'm now unable to lock it again.
RouteDubai to Aswan via Cairo

"poor English language"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Dubai. Very disorganized and misleading information about check in desks. The staff I dealt with have poor English language skills. The good side is a new aircraft.
RouteCairo to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"offer real Business seating"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Cairo. Flight departed on time, on Boeing 737-800. Cabin was clean and the seat was very comfortable. There were IFE monitors but there was no entertainment playing, only music channels. Food was good and refreshments great. If they offer alcohol would worth Business class. Even though they are the only one on the route that offer real Business seating than Euro business.
RouteAthens to Cairo

"very unsatisfied customer"

Trip Verified | This airline does not operate 24hrs service. The customer service number is never reachable, when it rings nobody picks up. The customer service at the Cairo Airport is the poorest I have experienced. The washrooms at the Cairo Airport is worse that public washrooms in most African countries. I am a very unsatisfied customer.
RouteLagos to Cairo

"Really bad experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Really bad experience with Egyptair. Unfortunately we took a multi-city flight and both of them were not very pleasant. Staff are rude. First flight I was asked if I was using my pillow, so I said I will use it as it was a 5 hour flight, the air hostess took it from me and never came back with one. Second flight I saw how one of the air hostess was shouting several times and at different people to move from the corridor. Very rude and aggressive behaviour, just shocking. I was asked if I wanted chicken or beef but I was force to take beef because there wasn't more chicken. Flight back was almost the same, rude staff, missing food twice (Bangkok-Cairo-Madrid) I was asked: beef or chicken. I said chicken and I was told that my food was coming. After 10 minutes when everyone else was served, me and the lady next to me asked where was our food. They had forgotten and again was forced to take beef because they sold out all the chicken. Dreadful customer service, I won't ever fly again with Egyptair.
RouteMadrid to Beijing via Cairo