Egyptair

"Terrible experience"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | An absolutely disgusting airline! I booked a flight with them and they cancelled it for absolutely no reason at all. They emailed me that it was cancelled and that I could reschedule my flight using their customer support service or a nearby Egyptair office. The customer support service never answered and left me hanging for so long that my call credits ran out and there is no Egyptair office close to where I live. Terrible experience and a terrible company.
RouteCairo to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2021

"just waiting like everyone else"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The most useless business class I have seen on the regional routes. Gold track doesn't work at all in the airport, seats are the same (not even like in euro business class when the one in the middle is not occupied), I had to queue four lines on my way to the plane, and not even once I could skip any of it, I was just waiting like everyone else. No welcome drinks on the board, poor lounge in the Cairo Domestic terminal.
AircraftA220-300
RouteCairo to Hurghada
Date FlownMay 2021

"told that my tickets been cancelled"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I booked with Egypt air through their own website on the 1st of May my business tickets for me and my family, total of 4 business tickets, one way route from Johannesburg to Dubai. On the 6th of May, only 24 hours before departure, I received email from Egypt air cancelling all my tickets. I called the Head office in Johannesburg where they told me that flight is still on, but my tickets is been cancelled without them knowing whats going on. I called the head office where I was told that my tickets been cancelled because its coming from South Africa and we are not allowed into Dubai. But I told them that I'm Emirati citizen and its stating in Egyptair website that Emirati are excluded and we can enter UAE without any problems. They agreed on that and told me my business tickets were taken by someone else and only economy seats are available for the 7th May. Or I can reschedule my flight for the 14th after Eid. I told them that I booked and fully paid my 4 business tickets for the 7th as its even more expensive than the 14th because of Eid season and I would like my business tickets back as I didn't cancel or request cancelling and I still wants my tickets. Long story short, I wasn't given my business tickets and I had to fly economy class despite paying full amount a week before for business seats. This was my first booking with Egyptair and I'm totally disappointed on how this turned out.
RouteJohannesburg to Dubai via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2021

"As of today the situation is still not resolved"

Not Verified | On March 30, 2021, I arrived at Washington Dulles airport to catch flight MS932 to Cairo Egypt. When I arrived I observed a chaotic situation without any social distancing and barely any resemblance to crowd control or customer service. There were many passengers that did not have their Covid-19 negative verification certificate printed out. Because we are in the digital age I can understand why passengers would assume that they would be able to just show an agent digital results on a mobile device. The agents were requiring passengers with their results on digital devices to print them there at the counter, Egyptair had a single laptop with a malfunctioning printer at a counter that all of the passengers had to share. Again, there was not any social distancing, no hand sanitizer, no assistance for passengers who were not computer literate and the male ticket agents had extremely bad attitudes. This created a situation of chaos. As a result of all of the chaos, some passengers missed the closing of the boarding gate including myself. I was told that I would not be able to board the flight and I was offered to have the flight rebooked for free. The gentleman at the counter told me that I would not have to pay a change fee. When I got to the counter to arrange for a new flight the attendant who was making arrangements for other passengers was charging what he called an upgrade fee. I watched him as he did this to three different passengers, with each of the fees being different for each passenger sitting in the same section. It was now my turn. He told me that I had to pay a fee. I asked, "What is the fee for". He said that it was upgrading the service. I then asked him what are the upgrades and what do I get. He looked surprised that I asked that question and had no explanation for it. I then asked him will I be getting something extra and will I be able to pick my seat as I did on my original booking. He said no. He seemed to be angry and told me if I did not want to do that then I should call customer service in New York. I left the airport and called New York customer service and I was on the phone stuck on hold for approximately two hours before I was disconnected by their telephone system. I had no better luck with their customer service. Today March 31, 2021, I once again tried to contact the ticket agent and customer service by phone with the exact same results. I now have a return flight two weeks from now which I will not be in Cairo to fly on. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I am so grateful that this was not an emergency travel situation. As of today the situation is still not resolved.
RouteWashington Dulles to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I'm disappointed, I will never use their service again"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | This is the worst experience ever! I bought my tickets, and the day before my flight I got a covid positive test. What should I do? I had to apply for a refund. Later they said I can rebook my tickets, I agreed to that, but in 2 weeks I got a refund 95$ out of 250$!It's less than 50%! Seriously? Are Egyptair trying to take advantage of this whole covid situation? It's unpredictable, I didn't cancel it with my will, I had shown them my results even, they just said sorry, we can't refund more! I'm disappointed, I will never use their service again, and wouldn't recommend anyone!
RouteNairobi to Cairo

"Absolute disaster"

Not Verified | Absolute disaster. I have never seen the kind of chaos at boarding for MS777 to London than I saw today. I am genuinely concerned. This is a nightmare. Good luck to anyone flying this route.
RouteCairo to London Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Egyptair was not helpful at all"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | My flight from CMN to CAI (2.15 pm on 01/08) was delayed by 5 hours. The connecting flight from CAI to ADD on 01/09 was cancelled. It took them 4 hours to give us proper information. They told me they would put me on the CAI to ADD flight the next day (24 hours later). 45 min. before departure the Egyptair transit desk told me that I could not board because my Covid-PCR test had expired. 30 min. before departure they realized that it was a mistake, because they had confused the day of the test with the day of my birthday. By that time, the boarding of the flight had closed. It took another 6 hours for Egyptair to figure out where I could do a new test. I got a special permission to do it within the terminal and had to pay EUR 90. I never received a receipt for this test although I asked several times. By that time, I had spent 34 hours in the transit terminal, without proper information, without accommodation, without communication (there is only 30 min. free internet). It was very cold and they did not even give us a blanket. On 01/10 at 12.30 pm I was put up in an airport hotel. I was rebooked on a flight CAI–NBO–BJM 2 days later. I left CAI on 01/12 9.30 pm and arrived in BJM on 01/13 10 am. The scheduled arrival was 01/09 1 pm, 4 days earlier. Of course, my luggage did not show up and I put in a claim. It finally arrived in BJM on 01/21, with a delay of another 8 days. Egyptair (in the transit terminal in CAI) was not helpful at all. The staff was extremely rude, impolite and incompetent. They took our passport “to process the new tickets”, they let little children sleep on the floor without even a blanket, and no warm meal in nearly 35 hours, not able to communicate with anyone with only 30 min. free Wifi. No one listened to us and no one ever apologized. Of course no refund for anything was given. You cannot reach anyone by phone and e-mails are being left unanswered. A disgrace for the airline industry.
RouteCasablanca to Burundi via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"refused to upgrade our seats"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | We were disappointed with the customer relations and handling of problems with our flight. The plane was clean and comfortable, and we received waters and hand sanitizer upon boarding. However, our flight to Cairo from Luxor was canceled two days before the flight while we were already on our trip. In the case of our traveling companions, they never received confirmation of their cancelation (different flight a day later, but same story). The new flight they put us on would not work with our itinerary, but after trying to get in touch with them at short notice, none of their numbers worked. We finally found a number that worked, but they were unable to help us much. They finally put us on an earlier flight the day before, causing us to lose an entire day of our vacation, but would not compensate us for a lost day of our itinerary. After asking, they refused to upgrade our seats. They also would not let us check in online, and so after arriving at the airport, we found out the new flight they put us on is not even a direct flight and was a multi-stop flight back to Cairo. Now we must find a hotel or place to stay in Cairo for the night since we are getting in 25 hours earlier than our itinerary. While this is obviously not the company’s fault, this demonstrates a lack of hospitality and willingness to help make a bad situation easier on us due to their cancelations. This also shows that multiple people over multiple days were unwilling to help us in any way.
RouteLuxor to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"a rather good experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Travelling during the covid-19 times. Check-in on the counter was pretty smooth - cannot say the same for the app. First leg was pretty full - anout 80-85%, we left Entebbe with a slight delay. Was lucky that I was in a window seat with nobody next to me, so the flight was pretty comfortable. The food was ok - water, juice, 2 small baguettes (1 cheese + 1 chicken) & chocolate cake. Prepacked and really quick to hand out. It is known that they are non-alcohol, but they also did not offer coffee or tea. Cabin crew did the service quickly (food, covid measures and immigration info) and then came out again before landing. The transit time was pretty tight (1 hour) and with a short delay I doubted I would catch the next flight. Cairo airport is not that big, but finding your way when hurried can be hard. After going to the transfer desk I was rushed to my next flight which had almost boarded. With the assistance of the ground crew me and another fellow passenger made it. The 2nd leg was about 25% full. Identical service. They offer a pack in every flight, which contains alcohol gel, alcohol wipes, 2 masks, and gloves. Landing was smooth, however my luggage did not find it's way to the 2nd flight and it remained in Cairo. Did a declaration and it was delivered to my door after 2 days. All in all a rather good experience - there were problems, but the company managed to assist overcoming them.
RouteEntebbe to Athens via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"inflight service provided was less than acceptable"

Trip Verified | I feel obliged to write a review about the Business Class facility on Egyptair. I am totally disappointed with the type of service provided especially when I paid a lot of money to travel Business Class! My comments - 1) The boarding facility at Abu Dhabi airport was total confusion! As a Business Class traveller I had to go to the boarding counter and ask to be boarded. 2) The inflight service provided from Abu Dhabi to Cairo was less than acceptable especially the food provided and no follow ups. Every time I asked for something I was looked at as if I had annoyed the crew! 3) The inflight service provided from Cairo to Abu Dhabi was no different from the above. I had to ask 3 times for a blanket and pillow! And the food!! Well.... I would get better food at McDonalds! No coffee or tea offered, just a bottle of water and an option between orange juice or water! I am totally disappointed with Egyptair and would strongly recommend anyone wanting to travel to Cairo to fly with another carrier especially when you pay extra for business class service and you don't get it.
AircraftMS916