Egyptair

"upset at how your staff treated me"

(Kenya)

Trip Verified | I booked my flight to Germany via Cairo. I requested for wheel chair and it was booked with the ticket. Nairobi was fine. When I landed in Cairo it took time before I got someone to wheel me to the terminal for my next flight and he took me to the wrong terminal! When I asked him he said his shift is over and that's it! I was left stranded. I tried many times to get help from staffers but they seemed to ignore me. An hour or so later one reluctantly pushed me bit left me way before the actual terminal and told me to walk the rest of the way. I protested but he took off with his wheel chair. I then looked for those cars and hopped on to one. The guy refused to drive me until I told him I am not leaving his car. He then drove me there. As it that's not enough, when I was being wheel layer to the plane the man wheeling me insisted that I give him money. He spoke little English but he gesticulating violently saying I want money. I showed him 5 euros and he seems upset. He eventually calmed down when he saw 50 euros. My son wrote to you via email and they replied that they are sorry and will get back to him. Its been more than a week now and no communication. I am upset at how your staff treated me and how your customer care doesn't seem to care.
RouteNairobi to Frankfurt via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2022

"stranded in the airport for 24 hours"

(Nigeria)

Trip Verified | I was left stranded in the airport for 24 hours without any care or concern, nor was any communication about the delay. It was truly a nightmare or the status of the plane, worse experience ever in the decades of my international travels. I was still waiting in the airport as I wrote this report. I will not recommend this airline to anyone especially for this particular route.
RouteJeddah to Kano via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2022

"waiting for a few late passengers"

Trip Verified | Flight 69 scheduled at 7:45 was delayed to 8:30 and then the connecting Flight #20 scheduled on 5/3 10:30 pm was delayed till 5/4 at 1:30 am. It is now 2:10 am and we have not begun the departure. They announced it was because they were waiting for a few late passengers. It is very unprofessional to force those who are on time to suffer because of other peoples irresponsibility.
RouteCairo to Sharm El Sheikh
Date FlownMay 2022

"the staff were untidy and looked unprofessional"

Trip Verified | We travelled Vienna - Entebbe a group of 11 people with charity schedule all over Uganda. We travelled back with a short stay in Cairo. From Cairo-Entebbe the aircraft was dirty, the staff were untidy and looked unprofessional, no information given or any courtesy. When we returned to Entebbe the staff were rude telling us to sit down in the waiting area and not to walk around, we were treated like kindergarten kids. No information was given when the flight was delayed more than an hour, our tickets were checked multiple times - staff looked confused and did not know what they are doing. In Cairo we had to run to get our connection flight to Vienna then we were kept 2 hours in the aircraft with no explanation or information to be given. Once we arrived we waited more than 1h for our luggage when we realised they are lost. We had to spend another 2 hours to make a claim so we could received our luggage. Now I am left with no clothes, toiletries for 4 days until I fly to London. I will never use this airline ever again. This is the worst experience that I have ever had in my life.
RouteVienna to Entebbe via London
Date FlownApril 2022

"Excellent service"

Not Verified | We would like to thank the Airport crew and flight MS995 crew from Cairo to Toronto for helping us clear our vaccine issue. Many thanks. Excellent service
RouteCairo to Toronto

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Barcelona. Worst airline - after waiting for 3 hours was told that our flights was cancelled due to technical reasons. Which I understand, however staff are not helpful at all. We need to keep on asking about what’s gonna happen. We waited For nearly 4 hours before they make a plan. No communication between staff. Some staff rude and unapproachable. Really a bad experience. We booked for Turkish airlines but because of code sharing we end up with Egyptair and worst experience ever. We ended losing 1 day in Barcelona and our accommodation. Also they have inflight entertainment but you cannot used it as they don’t provide headsets.
RouteCairo to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2022

"I was impressed with the airline"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled 4 days before departure; however, the customer service office in UAE did an absolute wonderful job of finding us 2 transfer flights. They were very friendly and attentive to the problem and figured out the difficult task of helping us depart Moscow during a time of limited flights. The main flight itself from Cairo to Washington (IAD) was comfortable and the cabin crew was friendly. The main dish was tasty and the included travel bag was a nice touch. In general the 12 hour flight was nice and arriving in Washington in the morning was pleasant. All together I was impressed with the airline for the way their customer service handled our problem and the flights themselves. I would only deduct that the snack meal provided could be with less bread.
RouteMoscow to Washington via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"definitely use them on this route again"

Trip Verified | I was dreading using this airline but I was proved wrong. On the Cairo to London leg the aircraft was new and legroom far superior to BA. The entertainment system was good - I was impressed there was one. We were served a decent hot meal and soft drinks along with a snack and tea/coffee. The ticket price was the same as BA. I would definitely use them on this route again.
RouteHurghurda to London via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"really had a bad experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I booked a round trip ticket from Munich to Addis Ababa for me and my daughter so that I can bring her back from Addis Ababa because the Egypt air website doesn't have the option to book for children aged 2-11 if they are not accompanied by an adult. And there is no one-way option just for her if I had bought a round trip ticket just for myself. With this option restriction being a mishap, on the return flight, I couldn't check in my daughter because they said she didn't fly together with me from Munich but she had already come with a one-way ticket prior to that. And because of this, I had to miss my flight since I can't leave without her and the agents at the airport check-in said I had to fix my ticket at a ticket office the next day. And because of this, missing the flight cost me additional expenses besides the extra flight expense that I had to pay which are the no-show penalty and getting a new ticket for my daughter. The website needs to have a section with details on the booking process on what's allowed and what's not. Because not knowing these limitations makes your customers suffer to such extreme levels be it mentally, financially, emotionally, and physically. Put a section where for certain types of bookings, it is best to do the booking at a ticket office. Because you are really inconveniencing your customers, I really had a bad experience with my 5-year-old daughter. In addition, during the flight, I was covered with a blanket and my daughter was watching a movie but the cabin crew passed my daughter without giving her lunch but gave one to the person in the next seat, and my daughter me why she didn't get one when I called the cabin staff and asked she told me it is because she thought I was sleeping. It doesn't matter if I was sleeping if my daughter is awake, she could have served the food to her or woke me up.
RouteMunich to Addis Ababa via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"no news about my missing luggage"

Trip Verified | I checked in my 6 bags in Ottawa on February 28th for a flight at 10AM and it was destined to arrive in Cairo with EgyptAir on March 1st at 9:45AM. I have an onward ticket from Cairo to Benghazi as well. When I arrived in Toronto for a 1 hour transit they informed me that the bags will be in transit all the way to Benghazi as Benghazi is my final destination. When I arrived in Benghazi 5 bags were there but the sixth one was not. Today is March 5th and there is still no news about my missing luggage. The 5 bags that arrived had a few items missing from them like new makeup/ wallet/ shoes.
RouteToronto to Cairo via