Egyptair

"luggage wasn’t to final destination"

Trip Verified | New York to Sharm el Skeikh via Cairo. The flight was ok but first thing my luggage wasn’t to final destination. They have 10 flights daily to Sharm El Sheikh but this company put me on the last flight. I spent 11 hours in the horrible airport with no internet and no fresh food. One little coffee shop with poor food choices and no fresh. Customer service refused to take my baggage from me, at jfk they refused to send my baggage to final destination. It says on internet they would give you a hotel room if you have more than 6 hours layover. It’s a lie. No lunch, no hotel accommodation. To exchange your ticket on earlier flight they offer me to pay extra $250 why? There were free seats but they refused. I couldn’t go and see Cairo cause of my baggage which a normal company delivery to final destination. My trip was waste of time at the airport instead of enjoying sightseeing. I wouldn’t complain if my baggage was to final destination so I could have free hands to go outside. Their decision was to take all 3 luggage with me and walk around Cairo! Are you serious? Customer service didn’t find a solution. I had to pay for the full day and food at Sharm El Sheikh hotel which I didn’t use and won’t get my money back for that neither.
RouteCairo to Sharm el Skeikh
Date FlownNovember 2018

"They lost our luggage"

Not Verified | Toronto to Cairo. Very disappointed with this airline. They lost our luggage, found it 17 days later! I filled out all that was required for reimbursement and then they stopped replying to my e-mails. I have e-mailed them 5 more times with no reply!
RouteToronto to Cairo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Would fly again definitely"

Trip Verified | London to Guangzhou via Cairo. Both flights on time. Food good. Crew looked uninterested at times but hard working and dedicated. Lots of soft drinks including self service refills from the back galley. No alcohol served. Seats on B777 very very comfortable (actually one of the best economy seats I have seen) with good pillows and blankets and good space. Nice amenity kit provided (business class style). One of the deserts was a red velvet cake which was excellent and the chicken potatoe dish from London was also excellent quality. Nice side salad served as well. Pity no alcohol as a glass of wine would be nice but understand why not. Excellent value for money at about 40% cheaper than other regional carriers and the flight timings on this trip reduce jet lag. Would fly again definitely. Well done Egyptian.
RouteLondon to Guangzhou via Cairo
Date FlownNovember 2018

"The food was delicious"

Trip Verified | Athens to Cairo. There is nothing special about this flight. However, I was surprised about the meal service. The food was delicious and well portioned, particularly for a 2-hour flight. In fact, it tasted better than some business class meal I had on long-haul flights. The equipment, a Boeing 737-800, was new and clean.
RouteAthens to Cairo

"Great flight on Egyptair

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Frankfurt via Cairo. Great flight on Egyptair. I chose them because they were Star Alliance, and while the wine may not flow, the hard product on both the A330 and B737-800 is of a good standard as was the catering and the crew. Lounges in Cairo leave a little to be desired, food available was woeful, and something Egyptair needs to work on. Other than that, I was very pleased with the product and look forward to the trip back.
AircraftA333 / Boeing 737-800
RouteJohannesburg to Frankfurt via Cairo

"take no accountability"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Cairo. One of the worst airlines and it keeps getting worse. They simply do not care to provide a good service and also take no accountability. Delays, issues with food, faulty equipment. It’s always someone else’s fault.
RouteJeddah to Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Absolute value for money"

Trip Verified | Entebbe to Amsterdam via Cairo. Both Fine flights. First part from Entebbe to Cairo in older 737 without any entertainment. But as it was in the middle of the night I did not miss this. Second part towards Amsterdam in a more modern 737 with entertainment and happier staff but also happier passenger perhaps because the more human moment of the day. I like the food at Egyptair and the ladies keep running with coffee and tea. Absolute value for money in my opinion with 40-60% discount compared to other European / Middle-East airlines flying to Entebbe.
RouteEntebbe to Amsterdam via Cairo

"I will not recommend"

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Mumbai via Cairo. This is happen while I was returning from hajj to Mumbai. We were having big aircraft from Saudi Arabia to Cairo. We had hold of around 12 hours in Cairo. We boarded in flight MS968, since most of passenger are Haji's, some fellow passengers identified the baggage were not loaded in the aircraft. We had raise the issue with the authorities and requested to load our baggage and zamzam boxes. We are told we will receive all our baggage and zamzam boxes in hours after landing Mumbai Airport. As expected our half baggage was missing and zamzam boxes were not there. We waited on airport for 4 hrs but baggage never came. The authorities in Mumbai than promise to deliver the baggage to home which I receive after 3 days. But for Zamzam boxes I am following up with authorities for past 12 days and they keep on inventing new reason every time. I am not sure where to escalate the issue. There are other 50 passengers who are suffering same fate. Egypt Air authorities know this is every year issue but they just want to suffer the people. And don't want to take any action to improve there service. I am giving one star because they had flew us back to India. I am sure I will not recommend Egypt air to anybody. They completely ignore passengers grieves.
RouteJeddah to Mumbai via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"much improved airline"

Trip Verified | London to Cairo return. A much improved airline. Efficient boarding at both LHR and CAI with a welcome from the cabin crew. Flight Manager on both trips was friendly and business-like. Standard of food is also improving and certainly passable, but it is still a case of quantity rather than quality. Good to have announcements from the flight deck, even if only partially audible.
RouteLondon to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"a satisfactory flight"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Cairo return, price was very competitive and timings were more suitable for me. Both flights were on fairly new A330-300 cabin was clean seats are a bit stiff and not very comfortable, however crew were friendly and smiling both flights were on time and arrived ahead of schedule. But the downside is the cleanliness of toilets, it was horrible that I couldn’t use. Entertainment system is limited to older movies and not good selection food on both flights was exactly the same breakfast with a tasteless rubber omelette and a piece of falafel and a cheese roll not the best quality and no options or choices. Overall a satisfactory flight for this short sector and price paid.
RouteDubai to Cairo