Egyptair

"broke both my wife and my bags"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh in March 2018. Flight was normal. Nothing special. Egyptair don't care about the customers and refuse to reply or help. They broke both my wife and my bags. We did the paperwork at the airport in Cairo as was directed. Only to find out they won't pay for 2 bags on one form. For 18 mths they just ignore the facts and offer to pay for 1 bag.
RouteCairo to Sharm El Sheikh
Date FlownMarch 2018

"food is very bad"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Istanbul via Cairo. The food is very bad, and the flight crew were rude to me. When I went to ask for a glass of water since they only give beverages twice during the 12 hour flight, the air hostess was aggressive and started making stupid gestures . Also Egyptair staff at the transit office in Cairo airport are disrespectful when we approached them to talk about our seats.
RouteToronto to Istanbul via Cairo

"Good value for money"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Washington to Cairo with Egyptair. Good value for money, great flight times, friendly staff. Business class on the Dreamliner is great/modern and able to compete with larger airlines. Comfortable seats and nice selection in entertainment system Drinks section is a bit limited (and no alcohol) and the lounge in CAI is not the best.
AircraftBoeing Dreamliner
RouteWashington to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"still waiting for reimbursement"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Asmara to Milan via Cairo. In the december 2018 I flew from Cairo to Milan and because of fog we had to land in Roma Fiumicino. Obviously I had to pay by myself for reaching my final destination and after 7 months I'm still waiting for the reimbursement, no answers from the company yet.
RouteAsmara to Milan via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2019

"very professional and friendly"

Trip Verified | New York to Cairo. The crew were very professional and friendly, wish to fly with such crew every time. I fly a lot on other airlines such as Delta and Lufthansa, never gave a review cause we’re normal but this flight was different.
RouteNew York to Cairo
Date FlownJune 2019

"miss our connecting flight"

Not Verified | Hurghada to Cairo. Egyptair was the worse flying experience we have had. They are equivalent to Spirit airlines in the US. Every flight in the terminal for them was delayed or cancelled. Our flight was delayed by more than 11 hours causing us to miss our connecting flight. When rebooking our connection the EgyptAir manager ensured us that our flight would be at 10pm and we paid our rebook fee of $250 per person (different airline). Lo and behold, the 10pm flight did not depart until 12:45am causing us to miss our connection. The response we received from Egyptair was that it is not their responsibility for another airline. We ended up losing 2 days of our next leg of travel and costing us over $1500. We were treated so poorly, airline personnel gave us attitude.
RouteHurghada to Cairo
Date FlownJune 2019

"altogether a good experience"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to New York via Cairo. I recently flew the EgyptAir route from Kuwait to JFK through Cairo and it was altogether a good experience. From the online check-in to baggage claim, things were fine, quick and efficient, though I must note that on one or two of my flights, I wasn't given the seat I choose during online checkin for no explained reason. Planes were on time (fairly) and we got to each destination in time. I flew economy regular and it was more than acceptable with good legroom, good amenities like blankets, pillows, and we even got a little duffle bag with earplugs, eye cover and other things in it which was a nice touch. The inflight entertainment, though not to the level of Emirates or Qatar airways, was acceptable, though screens were low res and the selection was kind of limited. Bad things noteworthy are that staff may blatantly ignore you and delay requests and sometimes me and my American seat neighbour were pure skipped while handing out food and refreshments. Cairo airport is very acceptable, with a decent duty free section but has less than par bathrooms sadly and the constant begging for tips by porters got aggravating real fast. The food was very decent to be honest, can't fault them on that.
RouteKuwait to New York via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2019

"not fly this airline again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Amman to Aswan via Cairo. Extremely disappointing. My first flight was delayed and upon arrival at Cairo for the connecting flight, I was met by an Egyptair employee (as we needed to rush) who asked me to get a visa, which I paid him 25USD (and another 25USD for my wife). Immigration then informed me that I did not need a visa - and the employee just shrugged at me without even offering to give me a refund. Next, our baggage missed our flight and we were given a compensation of 200EGP (10 USD) only as both pieces of baggage were booked in my wife's name. We had to pick up the luggage ourselves the next day as we came from an international flight, and the taxi ride cost us 30 USD return from our hotel - which was not covered. Not sure how you can just give 10 USD compensation when the taxi ride return from the city is 30 USD. Flight itself was not too bad, but after the above scenario, I will not fly this airline again.
RouteAmman to Aswan via Cairo
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very nice airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Istanbul via Cairo. Very nice airline. My flight was 9:30 hours from Bangkok to Cairo. The seat was great for me there are PTV, usb port, headphone, blanket. The plane arrived early than the scheduled time. Very Well groomed flight attendants. The check in gate is friendly and quick, always watch when the check in give your baggage tag, all your baggage should get the tag. I arrived Cairo safe and transit for a flight to Istanbul. This Cairo to Istanbul flight is nice plane too. Small but okay because it take only 2 hours to fly. The meal on both flight is very nice. Eggs, sausage, bread, chicken, rice. Easy for all nationalities to eat. I got all my baggage on time and all my baggage is well taken. Great airline. Keep improving.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2019

"$30 for scuba equipment bag"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hurghada to Cairo. We need to pay $30 for scuba equipment bag, so do not expect free baggage allowance for scuba equipment for this airline. Food on flight is just few butter cookie. I would expect more for full service airline.
RouteHurghada to Cairo