easyJet

"still waiting they refund me"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Paris. My plane was cancelled due to the strike. They never inform me, and after 2 months and many calls and mails, I am still waiting they refund me for the second flight I had to book. They tell me I will receive an answer in 72hrs, nothing. Very bad customer service.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Really good flight!"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Amsterdam. Really good flight! Had a couple of bad flights with easyJet recently but this flight was great. Cabin crew were great and very friendly. The Cabin Manager was lovely. Fast and efficient onboard service. Boarding in BRS and disembarking in AMS was quick and easy. Couldn’t find any faults at all.
RouteBristol to Amsterdam

"Thank you easyJet"

Not Verified | Krakow to Bristol. Great journey back from our holiday, staff were amazing and airport even better. Traveling with two kids (8 and 10) I ask if I could upgrade to hand free and was told its not a problem. Expected to pay I was then told that today this will be free of charge, great service. Thank you easyJet, small things that make our journeys better.
RouteKrakow to Bristol
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they are just a money making airline"

Not Verified | London Gatwick to Marrakech with easyJet. Feels like they are just a money making airline, pinching every penny from the customers. They make rules to suit themselves with no set rules. They were charging £23 both ways for luggage, we didn’t have hold luggage. On the way back to Gatwick they offered to put my luggage in the the hold luggage for free. I wonder how would the customers who paid for their luggage to go in the hold would feel.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Marrakech
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"fair price, good quality"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Naples to Milan. I cannot complain with Easyjet, in my opinion in Europe this is the best airline, fair price, good quality, good pilots and I have been flying with them over the last 10 years, I wish they had a frequent flyer program for loyal customers.
RouteNaples to Milan
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"thankful for such prompt assistance"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I can only thank the easyJet team from Bristol airport for assisting me so well. Due to an over 2-hour delay of my flight from Glasgow to Bristol on the 10th February, I lost the one that was headed to Lisbon, both easyJet flights. I explained the situation to the customer service desk and I was told that the next one from Bristol to Lisbon would only be on Thursday (this happened on Monday). I couldn’t stay in Bristol for that long, it was impossible; there were other flights to other two Portuguese cities the next morning, but they weren’t feasible either, since I had to invest more time and money. I had no idea what to do. I begged for alternatives, asking which was the nearest airport to Bristol and when would be their next flight to Lisbon. The senior manager suggested me to go to Gatwick, since the next flight to Lisbon would be the next day in the afternoon. London seemed reasonable, so I accepted. I couldn’t believe when I was told that all costs, from the taxi to the hotel, would be covered by easyJet. Not only did they book and paid a 2 hour and a half trip from Bristol to London, I stayed in a 4-star hotel in Chessington with dinner and breakfast covered. My flight from Gatwick to Lisbon was also arranged by them. All in all, I am deeply thankful for such prompt assistance, offering to cover these costs and overall turning this nightmare into a good experience.
RouteBristol to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I fully expect to be compensated"

Trip Verified | My friend and I travelled on 07 Feb 2020 from Gatwick to Marseille. Our flight was over 5 hours delayed due to an air traffic control strike which we were informed about whilst on the plane already 2 hours delayed. We were originally booked on British Airways and they cancelled the night before, which means EasyJet would have known about the strike at the same time and failed to act accordingly (notify us or tell us there would be a delay). We were kept outside in the cold waiting to board for 30 minutes before the plane was ready, then we were kept on the plane for 4 hours without any refreshments and not letting us disembark to stretch our legs. Then we were let off the plane into the gate to buy some food, which we had to pay for ourselves and not given any vouchers. Finally, we were let back onto the plane and took off almost 6 hours after the originally scheduled take-off time. They then provided us each with a soft drink and bag of crisps - hardly something sustainable for a delay of over 6 hours. The pilot told us that they should not have treated us like this and urged us all to file a complaint and ask for compensation due to the fact that the airline failed to inform us of the strike prior to boarding/delays. The crew told us that we could not get off and refuse to take the flight if we wanted to receive compensation so we felt stuck in this regard. I filed a EC261 Compensation Claim and was rejected within less than 24 hours due to the fact that it was an "extraordinary circumstance" due to the air traffic control strike. The circumstances were already known 24 hours before they told us. I fully expect to be compensated.
RouteGatwick to Marseille
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"my cabin bag was too large"

Not Verified | I travelled with a cabin bag from Inverness to Birmingham with no problems whatsoever and I am a Easyjet plus passenger. On my return to Inverness from Birmingham I was accused by a young girl that my cabin bag was too large. I pointed out that I had just flown from Inverness with it but she didn't bat an eyelid but wanted 50 pounds! When I asked for her name to complain all of a sudden the computer didn't work properly so I could board. Total scam as far as I'm concerned. Even so Easyjet on the whole is a great cheap airline.
RouteInverness to Birmingham
Date FlownNovember 2019

"happy with the overall experience"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Amsterdam. Check In opened a little early as easyJet normally only opens two prior to departure. Going through security was very fast as they had 3 lanes open. Normally Belfast International airport is renowned for being very slow. I went to the Causeway Lounge and used my priority card for access. The lounge and service is good as there are sufficient selection of food, snacks and drinks available. They also call when boarding is starting and the lounge is located very close to the Amsterdam boarding gate. The boarding process on easyJet is by priority (speedy boarding), but you need to make sure that you are ready as it is difficult to get overhead space to put your hand baggage if you are not ahead of the queue. We pulled back on schedule and arrived in Amsterdam on schedule. You have you want something to eat or drink on easyJet you have to pay, however that is ok as the service is fast and efficient. Baggage came out very quickly, therefore overall I was very happy with the overall experience.
RouteBelfast to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"professional and friendly crew"

Trip Verified | Salzburg to Berlin. It works! I am flying nearly every week mostly Lufthansa, Eurowings and easyJet. A lot of trouble with Eurowings when it comes to being on time and canceled flights. Totally the opposite with easyJet - I had more than 20 flights with them in the last 6 months. No delays, no canceled flights, professional and friendly crew - quite often with a good sense of humor. The prices are super competitive and they also part of an exchange now to make flying more friendly for the environment - already included in the ticket price. With Lufthansa, you have to go to an own platform and it’s complicated, takes extra time plus you pay on top without a tax benefit. easyJet is probably not the best place to work for the employees but it seems they have a good culture and the service is great.
RouteSalzburg to Berlin