easyJet

"could have let us leave the plane"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Athens. Outbound flight EZY8087, flight was delayed by over an hour, long walk to departure lounge, then there was no sky bridge ( a member of the crew said 'We don't always know if there is going to be a sky bridge we can use'), so we all had to walk across a piece of tarmac in the pouring rain, once on board, you had to squeeze past passengers trying to stuff oversized bags into the overhead lockers. The food and drinks were ok, but quite expensive. Inbound flight EZY8088, they only had one sandwich option, and a tiny bottle of water to last three hours, was two and a half euros, (a one and a half litre of water from a mini market in Athens was only half a euro). I had a screaming baby in front of me. Then when we landed, there was an incident with a passenger at the back of the plane, which left us stuck for over half an hour, while someone made a decision about what to do next. They could easily have let us leave the plane. The cabin crew manager kept apologising over the radio.
RouteGatwick to Athens

"We were so impressed"

Trip Verified | Prague to Bristol. We arrived at Prague airport in good time but met delays going through the security. It was more stringent than the outward journey from Bristol. We were asked to remove jewellery and glasses that took extra time - if we had known beforehand we would have been prepared. Apparently the boarding took longer than anticipated and we missed our take off slot and were late leaving by about 40 mins - but weren’t concerned. We were told nearing Bristol that the weather was poor and the pilots did attempt to land but there was a lot of turbulence so they chose to move onto Cardiff airport. The outcome was a short stop at Cardiff to refuel during which the weather improved at Bristol and we eventually landed at our destination about 3 hours late. All through, the flight and cabin crew (Antonio was cabin manager) kept us informed and were calm and encouraging - dealing with a poorly passenger and someone who was stressed, 22 passengers who chose to get off at Cardiff and a subsequent security check of the plane. The crew dealt professionally with stroppy passengers and instilled confidence - especially in my husband who hates flying and trusted in the staff, as did I. We were so impressed we wanted to give positive feedback - thank you to the Bristol based crew and Merry Christmas.
AircraftAirbus
RoutePrague to Bristol
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Rude staff at boarding gate"

Trip Verified | Rude staff at boarding gate. We were flying on 18th December from Luton to Paris My wife has a heart condition and was forced to take stairs when there was a lift there. Apparently we should have requested special assistance when we booked. She is not wheelchair bound, just can’t cope with more than one flight of stairs. Instead of being empathetic, they are rude and shouting sarcasm at us in public. They took our hand luggage at entrance to plane (no one warned us about this prior but they had tagged our bags).
RouteLuton to Paris

easyJet customer review

Trip Verified | I travelled with easyJet a few days ago from Belfast to London, the staff members on the gate of the flight were extremely rude and delivered a very low standard of customer service. My friend and I were preparing to board the plane, she had a purse like bag and her cabin bag and they said nothing about that but I queued with the exact same size of bag and was told I had to open my suitcase and make it fit in, as my suitcase was very full I couldn’t fit it and didn’t understand the issue as my friends were ok. The staff member blocked us at the door and began demanding £50, yet other passengers on the plane were carrying laptops, suitcases and various other items and my friend had the exact same bag. Another staff member then joined her and began causing a scene and refusing to let us on the plane, pointing her finger and generally being nasty. This was very off-putting with being a regular easyJet customer. Although I cannot fault the staff on board, they were extremely helpful. This is not the first time this has happened, and I find it very unfair that it is one rule for one person yet another for someone else.
RouteBelfast to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"do not have an Italian visa"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Milan. Denied Boarding. I was travelling from London to Hurghada, Egypt. I had transit in Milan, Italy. They denied me of boarding because I do not have an Italian visa. I show them evidence that I do not need a visa, but they did not accept it. Another friend of mine travelled in the same situation without any problems.
RouteGatwick to Milan

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Berlin Tegel. Worst customer service I’ve experienced. I’ll never fly them again, they just out to cheat you and make you pay exorbitant amounts for baggage yet they claim to be a Low cost airline. I paid for two small bags and they charged me for luggage at the gate even though I explained that I paid for two bags. The woman at the gate just kept shouting at me. Needless to say at this point I’ll never fly them again.
RouteGatwick to Berlin Tegel
Date FlownDecember 2019

"will never fly with easyJet again"

Trip Verified | The flight was cancelled 2 days before by Easyjet without offering any refund. They didn't offer as well any alternative way of transportation to arrive at destination, or an alternative accommodation. I had to find everything by myself and I had an important business meeting the day after. In order to arrive on time to the meeting I took a taxi. The taxi was quite expensive (40 Euro) but was the only way to arrive to the destination on time. I asked a refund to Easyjet for the taxi and it was declined. I had the same situation few months before with Ryainair, but at least they booked me on another flight and they refunded my taxi. I will never fly with easyJet again, especially if I have a business meeting.
RouteBerlin to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the trip went like a dream"

Trip Verified | A huge thank you to easyJet for making my trip to Kraków so easy and enjoyable. I’ve had an operation on my Achilles tendon and, after 6 weeks in plaster, I’m currently wearing a surgical boot. I use a ‘knee walker/scooter’ to get around but mobility is restricted nonetheless. I was a little apprehensive prior to my trip to Kraków but I shouldn’t have worried. EasyJet and their airport services partners (OCS in Bristol and Welcome in Kraków) meant the trip went like a dream. I was assisted at every step throughout the airport process - from check-in, through security, up to the gate and finally on to the aircraft. On arrival in Kraków I was met by the Welcome team who not only helped me off the aircraft, into the terminal and through immigration, but escorted me to the railway station and put me on a train to the city centre. The whole process was replicated on the return journey. We often read criticism of easyJet and their ilk but I really think that people very often only write about their bad experiences. So I just want to balance the scales a little and present a ‘good news’ story. I had a wonderful time in Kraków, helped in no small part by easyJet and their partners. Thank you very much guys - you did a wonderful job!
RouteBristol to Kraków
Date FlownDecember 2019

"took away my cabin bag"

Trip Verified | Valencia to Gatwick. The flight was 20 minute delayed. They took away my cabin bag to put it as a checked baggage. Later, when we got late to London, I had to wait 40 minutes for my luggage. When it finally arrived, there was no train anymore so I had to take a taxi which was really expensive. I tried to call them and the man who talked to me directly redirected me to the website without barely listening to my complaint. I then complained on the website, where I could not detail what was wrong with my flight and they denied my complaint within 2 hours. This is unacceptable.
RouteValencia to Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged me 52 Euros for a bag"

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. I booked 3 economy tickets through an agent and booked 26 kgs of luggage and then another 15 kgs of luggage online before the flight. We had 3 bags first bag 18kgs, second bag 15 kgs and the third bag was 8 kgs which was equivalent or few kgs less than the luggage we paid and booked. They say you booked only two loads of 26kgs and 15kgs each and we will not allow your 3rd bag. They charged me 52 Euros for a bag of just 8 kgs. We felt like as though we were looted.
RouteVenice to Paris