Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Boy are we never going to fly Delta ever again. Our first experience with Delta involved our honeymoon - they overbooked our flight to go to Jackson Hole so they re routed us to a different airport and set us up with a car service to take us to Jackson Hole (this delayed our trip about 5-6 hours and we were driving through Yellowstone Park in pitch black to our cabin). They also gave us Delta vouchers to put towards a ticket for our next flight. So we bought tickets to visit family overseas later with our vouchers and it was the biggest mistake of our lives. Our connecting flight was delayed because of weather- but they just kept pushing the time every 10 minutes making you think you would be able to really make it to our connecting international flight at JFK. We got on the plane 5 hours late and made it to the gate at JFK for our flight about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to depart. Well they didn't let us board the plane because they closed the door already (ok fine they said it was a security issue) so we watched our plane take off without us and mind you its already midnight at this point. So we are directed by the staff to go to the Delta counter so we did that. There was one woman at the desk that was eager to leave and she said that the next flight was overbooked by 16 people (no surprise we noticed that Delta tends to overbook their flights and basically makes people take one of their stupid vouchers just to re-experience Delta again) and that she could put us on a flight with one connection - but we would basically be getting to our destination 3 days later than we were originally supposed to. We are on vacation time off work and are going overseas to a country that is far away to see close family so every minute counts - she handed us what looked to be tickets but later we found out were just itineraries. So we could not go back through TSA to the "nicer" part of the terminal where there were comfortable chairs and food because we didn't have official tickets. Panic set in and were stranded at the airport with only 2 stalls available to go to the bathroom and no where to comfortably sit. My mom was able to get tickets for us on the flight that was supposedly overbooked and she was also told that we would get reimbursed for a hotel room should we choose to get one. There were no Delta agents at airport that could help us with anything. We contacted Delta to try to get reimbursed and we were sent in circles no manager available to help etc kept telling us to visit the Delta site and use the number there - even though we already did that they accused us of basically making up the fact that someone told us we would get reimbursed? So after 2 hours of getting no where we were fed up. Many other people I know have had bad experiences with Delta they warned us before we booked with them. I heard many people at the various airports we were at saying they will never fly Delta again and I agree.

Delta Air Lines customer review

YUL-JFK-NRT-HKG. It was my first time flying Delta. I usually fly Japan Airlines or any other Asian airlines because of all the bad experiences I had with US based Airlines. From the check in agent I was greeted with a big smile. The planes were clean flight attendants full of energy and smile. To my surprise the captain apologize for the slight delay we had from JFK to Narita. That is something you hear only on Asian Airlines. The seats were comfortable for economy and the food was great!

Delta Air Lines customer review

All flights delayed some due to weather others to "no staff for flight crew". Missed all connection flights. Help desk staff extremely rude and condescending especially in JFK. Will never ever fly this airline again. Info given by crew 10 min before landing late regarding new gate and terminal incorrect.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Worst experience ever! Cancelled our connecting flight out of JFK leaving us stranded at their hell hole of a terminal for 20 hours and telling us that the next available flight was almost 3 days later. Employees spent their time sleeping chatting with one another or doodling on notepads. Bathrooms were disgusting. Every employee gave us different and conflicting information or showed no interest in helping us at all. Lost our bag and then told us that they wouldn't ship it to us we had to drive back to our final airport destination and pick it up. I will never fly with Delta ever again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Return leg of a paid first class ticket LAS-ATL-GSO. Seemed like circumstances were lining up to give my wife and I a major headache - Bad weather on the East Coast late (mechanical not weather) departure from LAS tight connection in ATL and no seats ex LAS going anywhere East. Helpful agent and supervisor booked hotel in ATL in case we misconnected but we didn't need to have worried a fine tailwind got us to ATL in time for our connection. Newer planes on these 2 legs; the aircraft on the LAS-ATL leg even had a rudimentary IFE system. However my joy was short lived as my headphone jack didn't work and I was denied the opportunity to watch reruns of a few TV programs. Food was fair (basically the same as the outbound journey) seat comfortable service attentive ground staff throughout helpful and efficient. I'll stick with Delta through this purple patch they are enjoying.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

I just tried Delta's "Business Elite" from JFK to BOG on a 737-700 and what a ripoff! These "premium" seats offer a pitch of just 37 inches (that's less than JetBlue's premium economy); they also recline quite a bit and the result is a wedge experience which made for one of the most uncomfortable flights I can remember. I couldn't even open my computer until my neighbor decided to join his wife in much more comfortable bulkhead coach. Soft service was fine and dinner actually surprisingly good accompanied by a decent German Riesling. But seating comfort is still paramount and this was unacceptable.

Delta Air Lines customer review

The gate experience is good with staff pointing the way. This is especially good at Paris DeGaulle where there are endless gates and lines and confusion. Once on board the experience lessens as the attendants seemingly are frequently tired and occasionally indifferent. I have never been hot (not warm but hot as in a cabin temp of the high 70's) on an overseas flight. A request to a attendant brought the equivalent of a sleepy shrug. The food is edible and the presentation tries to be quality but it falls flat with the quality of the food and the occasional rush to serve and clear. I hate the business class pods - ok for the sleeper or someone doing work but impossible to talk or interact at all with a companion. Baggage handling is excellent for sky priority. Delta clubs vary from seedy (JFK) to nice. Nothing as nice as the Air France clubs at Paris CDG.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Paid for 1st class GSO-ATL-LAS. Delta continues to do a good job in their attempt to be a cut above the other Legacy airlines? Flights were on time check in and boarding easy food good. Service prompt and efficient if not jaunty. The flaw in the program in my view is the age and features of the equipment. DL's policy is to fly them until they run out of hours and our sky veterans had amassed 51 years between them! No IFE on either flight an ugly and not overly comfortable first class seat and 25 year old bathrooms - my ongoing pet peeve with DL.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from YYZ to Detroit to Seoul I was sceptical at first flying Delta because of all the negative reviews. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Enough leg room great entertainment system and great food. I love the snack bags in the middle of the night and bottles of water. Little details really makes a huge difference the ear plug and eye cover warm wipes and cold wipes after boarding and when you wake up. Even the washroom is roomy. Flight attendants are efficient. I will definitely try to fly Delta whenever I can.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew PDX to AMS. Flight departed slightly late but actually arrived early. At check-in I enquired as to whether I could pay to upgrade myself to business class but they said they don't have such a program for last minute upgrades which was rather odd as other airlines regularly do it for a fee. Having said that in many ways I was glad I didn't as my normal economy seat was extremely comfy with loads of personal space. Delta has the best inflight entertainment system I have used with a massive selection of entertainment. Having said that they really need to do something about their meals as they were awful and almost as bad as Air Canada. I didn't eat my main course as it smelt awful food but was supposed to be beef stroganoff. The food was the only thing to let Delta down as their cabin crew were friendly and efficient making sure we had regular supplies of water to keep us hydrated. Id definitely fly Delta again but would order a special meal to see if said meal would be better.