Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

My experience started in Chicago on a flight bound for Phoenix via Minneapolis and a weather delay in Minneapolis. The experience quickly went from bad to abysmal after being delayed in Chicago. The flight crew could not help anyone with connections in Minneapolis. Although it was still afternoon the 800 number people were unable to come up with any alternate route. After nearly 4 hours of delay which included all the passengers deplaning we were loaded onto the plane after the gate next to us with a later flight going Minneapolis loaded. My flight to Phoenix which had also been delayed due to weather left 30 minutes before I got there and had our flight gone first as it should have I probably would have made my connection. But the Delta personal were unable or unwilling to deal with passenger issues like this. Instead I bunked down in the Minneapolis airport overnight. Meals were not provided even though all the restaurants in the airport were closed or closing when we arrived. The next day after 27.5 hours of travel I arrived in Phoenix but one of my bags did not. So while I understand that weather happens this airline has an appalling lack of kindness consideration or concern about getting people and their luggage to their destination.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I bought a First Class ticket on Delta from Detroit to Newark. I'm on my third day of attempting to get there. There were endless delays and finally cancellation of the flights the first two days. I was on standby for two morning flights which took off. Delta was upgrading passengers on both flights and left me in the lurch. Passengers were getting information about further delays before the Delta agents were. Delta wasn't responsible for the cancellation of the flights but they didn't do anything to get me to my destination in a timely fashion. The ticket I got for today's flight is in coach which is OK with me as long as I get to my destination. Later I got what Delta called a "complementary upgrade" - and I'm thinking complementary nothing I paid for a first class ticket. The only thing Delta is excellent at is the phrase everyone at Delta seems to have been trained to use (hence insincere): We apologize for the inconvenience.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flight 718. This flight was booked almost one year ago. All 15 family members had seats together. Now we are leaving in a few days and guess what? Three members of our family have had their seats changed. When asked to give us back our original seats the representative supervisor stated they could not accommodate our request. They stated they have the right to change any seat. Well why can't they do the right thing and accommodate their customer and give us back our original seats and move the passengers to our new unwanted seats.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Traveled many times with Delta and so far one airport layover stay due to delays which was fine at first until this time around. Had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Customer service is horrible. Flight times change a lot. One time I had to change an existing flight but the flight that I changed to got canceled. I do not understand why I couldn't get a reimbursement for the change fee when the flight that I wanted doesn't even exist anymore. Now that I know better I'd rather pay for a more reliable airline than stick with cheaper fares for essentially a game of chance. Will avoid this airline in the future.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew Delta first class from Atlanta to San Francisco quite possibly the worst flight crew ever more interested in talking to each other than helping passengers one flight crew tried to give my blazer to 2 separate passengers before it got to me unacceptable when you pay to fly first. Cramped seating did not help matters either. A very unpleasant flight.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Delta is extremely frustrating to deal with! We took a family vacation to Alaska. There were 8 of us and we had two stops each way. I reserved seats when I booked the flights. When I checked in online for every flight for all 8 of us I found that all of the seats had been changed for every flight! We were on a family vacation and I picked seats for a reason. The answer I got every time I called was that they switch planes a lot and the seats don't match. I can't imagine that all of the planes were changed! I hope that I never have to fly Delta again! They need to take lessons from Alaska and Southwest!

Delta Air Lines customer review

Marked difference in quality and service between transatlantic and domestic flights travelled Dublin to PDX and back via ATL and both transatlantic legs progressed well with excellent service and no delays while both internal flights were delayed onboard service was spotty at best and boarding was sheer pandemonium. I have never appreciated Ryanair more than after my first experience trying to board a domestic flight in the US.

Delta Air Lines customer review

The CRJ 700 service from Halifax to La Guardia in New York is a quick 90 min hop. The economy seats are cramped but they are on all the Canadair regional jets in economy class. I got my drink. I got my pretzels. And other than that the flight was completely uneventful. This is when you realise flying has become a complete commodity. Now how could we change that?

Delta Air Lines customer review

This flight was in "Business Elite" between Austin Texas and Buenos Aires Argentina with an intermediate stop in Atlanta Georgia. The outbound trip was in early February 2014 and the return was in mid February 2014. Measured against other US carriers international performance Delta was exceptional. Measured against other international carriers their comparative performance was at the least "competitive". Other than one sort of "rough around the edges" male flight attendant on the return trip the entire experience was quite acceptable.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Short flight Shanghai to Narita. Very well done. 777 Business Elite has an odd layout can't see out window even in window seat without craning neck. Other than that comfortable nice breakfast and excellent professional crew. Bring that style to domestic flights and Delta will succeed.