Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

We flew from Atlanta to Portland the check in process was chaotic and disorganized. We had checked in online but had not printed our boarding passes. One representative told us to leave the line and finalize the check in at the kiosk. We got out of line to do this and the kiosk was out of paper we got back in line and the same rep told us to go back to the kiosk - we refused. There was only one kiosk working at this time! The rep at the counter was much better informed and completed our check in within a couple of minutes. This kind of disorganization caused at least one customer I talked with to miss her flight! In addition there is so little leg room that it is ridiculous and so uncomfortable. I did not feel like the staff were very friendly or helpful. On a positive note our plane landed on time and our luggage was there too.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew MAN-ATL-HNL and LIH-LAX-ATL-MAN in Business Elite/First. Outbound flatbeds on both legs although I found the 'herringbone' 330 better than the 'offset' 767. Food and drink good on both but I noticed that Delta have stopped their wonderful hot nuts on Business Elite (MAN-ATL) but they were still served on First (ATL-HNL). Return LIH-LAX was delayed 3.5 hours due to computer failure at LAX. Delta contacted us (unlike United) so we were able to delay our arrival at Kauai Airport (LIH). The 757 on this route was very tatty with a number of broken footrests and ought to be retired. We made the connection at LAX and ATL and arrived at MAN 30 minutes early. Refreshments on the two First segments were acceptable and excellent on Business Elite. The staff on all flights were very attentive.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flight 387 from GUA to LAX on 4/26/2014. Delta procedures at GUA appalling! Each time I fly back on this route things get worse. It appears that you can no longer check in at a counter. After taking our 6 bags to the check in counter we were told to go back to kiosks to do our check in while the Delta employees sat around. If this was a domestic flight I would say there would be no issue. The fact that you have to attempt scanning of passports makes things a bit more difficult especially if you're not used to it. This process took an additional 20 minutes for the 4 of us. As the check in area isn't air conditioned the extra wait time left us sweaty and fed-up by the time we made it to the gate. Plane was late coming in. While waiting in the boarding line we looked to find that 3 of 4 seats had been changed. We went back to the ticket desk at the gate and fortunately were able to get our old seats back. By the time we got onto the plane and took our seats it was apparent that Delta lets babies travel in the first class cabin. The next 6 hours on the plane were frequently interrupted by a two year old that couldn't be controlled by her mother. The flight attendants tried to pacify the child but stopped short of requesting the mother take her child back to economy with the rest of her family. The screaming child aside cabin crew service was great. My four year old was again able to visit the cockpit but found little to do afterwards a this 757-200 only had communal IFE. Either watch the screen in front of the plane or watch nothing else: none of the music stations worked either. Food so-so but drink/snack runs frequent. If a drink/snack was requested in-between nothing was too much trouble. The final act of the Delta ground crew was to bus us to the Bradley Terminal after landing. It took 2 hours from the time the plane landed until we got our bags and I was surprised they were still on the carousel once clearing customs. After all most other international flights come through this terminal. The morning flight always has customs clearance at Terminal 5. If flying Delta was all one had to do it might not be such a bad experience as the flight crews are great. It's the pre post and sometime in-flight policies that Delta management have dreamt up that will make me never fly Delta on this route again. We paid for these tickets as opposed to upgrading so to say we were let down is an understatement. Next time it will be Taca/Avianca.

Delta Air Lines customer review

May 1 2014 Washington DC (DCA) to Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP). I bought an economy class ticket but Delta gave me an economy plus seat. Economy plus had a little more legroom and padding than economy but the seat recline was almost the same as in economy - I couldn't tell the difference. Based on this experience I would not pay extra for economy plus. Delta charged $2.00 for headsets with which to listen to a movie displayed on overhead screens situated every 4-6 rows. I didn't buy the headsets or food so I can't comment on catering or entertainment. Boarding has turned into an unpleasant experience passengers crowding the gate so they can board first and secure overhead bin space. My flight experience deteriorates each time I fly Delta. My spouse is a Platinum frequent flyer which is the only reason I patronize this airline -- no cost award tickets. I can't wait to fly Southwest or Jet Blue (domestic) or Air France KLM Lufthansa international. It seems as though the smiling CEO on the inflight video has nothing but contempt for his economy class passengers.

Delta Air Lines customer review

April 27th overnight flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Washington Reagan (DCA) with stopover in Detroit (DTW). Economy seats on flight from SFO to DTW were extremely uncomfortable: hardly any legroom - very little padding no padding on armrests and minimal recline. These are the worst airline seats I've experienced. Delta offered a thin blanket but no pillow. I was unable to sleep. The economy seats from DTW to DCA had slightly more recline and were therefore tolerable. Delta didn't offer food for purchase on these flights and I didn't pay the $2.00 for a headset on the SFO to DTW flight so I am unable to rate food or entertainment (I gave Delta one star for each).

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flight DL0187 Date: Apr 25 2014. More expensive than other airlines. Lunch was served at 10am GMT 2 hours after departure! They had a lot of time to serve it later as we still had more than 5 hours ahead (going to Boston MA USA). You had to pay for entertainment. Many empty seats in first row but you cannot take them without paying extra! Attendant was chatting too much and very loudly and I couldn't sleep. Many broken seats won't come back to straight vertical position. They didn't have any diet or light soda but Fresca.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flight 67 to Atlanta connecting to flight 1384 to Orlando on April 28. My mother returned home from Zurich to Orlando after visiting us in Europe. Unfortunately while here she spent time in the hospital. Various Delta employees with whom we were in contact were extremely helpful in rebooking flights and assisting her before during and after her flights including wheelchair support. She enjoyed the flight (in economy comfort) the service the food etc. As a family we have flown Delta during many years and continue to be impressed with the airline more so recently with the many improvements they have and are implementing. We will happy continue to recommend Delta airlines.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Just returned from: IND to SJU via ATL. First class on IND-ATL segments (MD 90) and so-called Business Elite on ATL-SJU segments (737-800). On all segments aircraft interiors were clean and well maintained and cabin attendants were good. Boarding on all flights was total chaos and food on the ATL-SJU segments was inedible. No food on other segments. Seats not what one would call comfortable or roomy. Not worth the price paid.
Seat TypeFirst Class
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

The food was disgusting and the fact that I was travelling from the UK to the USA and there was no entertainment was horrendous. My kids had to look at the front of a seat for 8 hrs and my daughter had to sit on my lap but she could not sit properly because there was no space. When we got given food it kept going everywhere because we were so squashed. The loos were dirty and small. The staff were no good they didn't help out. I wouldn't recommend them.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew Atlanta to Seattle. It is a 5 hour flight. If you want to eat you have to buy your meal however they do not have enough sandwiches so when the cart got to the end of the plane there was nothing left. If you want to watch a movie you have to pay $6.00. It costs $30.00 to check each bag. Just be aware that the price you pay for your ticket is just to get you from a to b just like greyhound.