Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Traveled from SYD-LAX return in Economy Comfort on Boeing 777-200. Service was ok but the seats are very hard and uncomfortable. Had a look at the Business class seats when disembarking and they felt just as hard. Really needs refurbishing.

Delta Air Lines customer review

A few months ago I was flying home from Chicago via Minneapolis. I don't really care to connect but Delta had the lowest fares and I was okay with that. The flight to Minneapolis from Chicago was delayed due to a plane issue. The staff on the ground were excellent at handling the issue and on the plane they were helpful as well. Unfortunately this was not the case with the rest of the staff. Upon arrival to Minneapolis I had to run to my gate to make my flight. As I got there I had to argue with the gate attendant about getting my seat. Note I'm a 17 year old who can't book a hotel has nowhere to stay and needs to be on that flight the last one out that night. Thankfully the man gave me his seat and I made it home. Staff on the MSP-MCO leg were very rude. I was very unimpressed. I love Delta but it put a sour taste in my mouth.

Delta Air Lines customer review

We are a family of 6 going on vacation from San Jose California to Las Vegas with a connecting flight in Los Angeles. We missed our flight from San Jose to LA and therefore missed our connecting flight from LA to Vegas and therefore wasted a whole day (1/3 of our trip) in LAX. We missed our flight in San Jose because we did not arrive at the gate until the last 3 min of departing time. However two of our family members arrived at the gate early because they used the handicapped express lane at security point. The family members that arrived early told the gate agent that there are more people coming please wait. The agent was rude did not even page for our names and refuse to wait. By the time the rest of the family got to the gate the plane has already taken off 2min earlier which is 5 min earlier than departing time! This kind of customer service is unacceptable!

(Japan)

NRT-ATL in business elite. The aircraft is an old 747 but renovated a few years back with the lie flat seats and if you're in the upper deck very nice indeed. It's quiet two toilets for less than 20 passengers and two flight attendants. The entertainment selection is excellent. My vegetarian meal was OK nothing special but not bad. It was a smooth and comfortable flight. The only complaint I have is about the service. The FA's on US carriers are very familiar and have a jokey attitude that I think most Americans quite enjoy. I have lived overseas for over 20 years and do not like that. I prefer kind polite service without the constant sarcasm and humor.

(Argentina)

I was on Delta Flight DL101 from Atlanta to Buenos Aires. The flight took of with some delay and after 2 hours in the air we returned again to Atlanta due to a problem with the plane. The problem came afterwards. We arrived at 4 am our new departure was delayed. Nobody from Delta provided a clear view of what the plan was. 12 hours after our original departure time we were still at the airport and nobody from Delta would give an answer. Last time on a Delta Flight for me.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Was scheduled afternoon of 8/11/14 to fly from Lansing MI to Minneapolis then on to DFW. About 2.5 hours before flight received automated call that flight from Lansing had been cancelled and that they would call back with a rebooking (no explanation given as to why the flight was cancelled). Automated call back had put me on a flight out the next day at around 1.30 in the afternoon getting me to Dallas about 5.30pm on 12th. I called back and managed to get rebooked on a flight on the 12th leaving Lansing to Detriot at 6am then on to DFW getting in around 9.20am the next day (an effort to try to salvage most of the work day on the 12th). Arrived to Lansing airport about 4.30am on the 12th only to be told that the 6am flight was also cancelled (again gate agent had no explanation of why the flight was cancelled). Their only option was to put me on the same afternoon flight the automated service had booked me on the previous day. My 80-something year old parents ended up driving me to Detroit to make the 7.28am connection. Complained to Delta and was given a refund of about $29 (which I haven't seen yet). This didn't even cover the cost of the fuel my parents used to get from Lansing to Detroit and back).

Delta Air Lines customer review

Economy LHR-MCO via BOS. First time in 4 years with Delta and I have to say I was impressed. The seat on the 767 out of LHR was fine (and I am a big chap) with good leg room. Flight attendants were professional if not a little unsmiling. Food service was good and drinks complimentary. The IFE was good with a good selection. The internal flight down to MCO was delayed an hour due to bad weather but we made up some time during the flight. For me Delta is a no nonsense service that ticks boxes without the wow factor.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Delta did not notify me of flight cancellation of a direct flight from PHX to JFK airport that was to leave at 8.30 which had been changed previously from 9.30 until we had arrived at the terminal. Put us on a flight to Atlanta Airport transferred to another flight to JFK. After boarding waited for about an hour to find out they could not take off due to weather. We were then put on standby at another Atlanta terminal. We had advised the counter person that we had a doctor's appointment in NY the next morning and needed to get there. In watching the monitor for open seats I noticed they were asking for people that wanted to upgrade to 1st class. We had paid for 1st class round-trip tickets and were not called to fill in those seats. Because I complained about the service we were able to take those seats. We arrived At JFK at about 1.30 am the next day. Because of Delta we paid for a $200 hotel room that we did not use. When leaving JFK on our return trip on Delta we sat on the plane for 1.5 hours for a cap from a baggage handler to be removed from engine that had been sucked into it we finally took off. We should have been treated more courteously and not like a herd of cattle especially as a 1st class ticket holder. We paid for more!
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from Mumbai to Detroit with a layover at Amsterdam with the total flight duration of 18.5 hours. The delta flight from Mumbai left about 1.5 hours late and the flight from Amsterdam to Detroit left 15 mins earlier leaving us stranded at Amsterdam. I was then rebooked to fly from Amsterdam to Chicago and Chicago to Detroit all the direct Detroit flights being overbooked. I had no choice but to take the flight to Detroit the flight from Chicago to Detroit was being taken care of by "United Airlines".

Delta Air Lines customer review

July 25 2014 Miami - Atlanta - Asheville return August 3 2014. All flights leaving and returning on time. Clean aircraft. Pleasant flight attendants. Would fly Delta again.