Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Extremely poor service. A family of five flew to Orlando via Detroit. After a lot of hassle on my part I was able to organise the special meals for us on our flight to Detroit. It was expected that the airline would have done so the same for the return flight but this did not happen with the result we were denied this request.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Manchester - Atlanta - Quito - August 2014. Flew Delta for the first time in about a decade and was very impressed. Transatlantic flew an old but recently refurbished 767-2 which was clean and comfortable. Was fortunate to get an exit row seat meaning I had lots of leg room and being 6'3 this was a blessing! Seats were a little hard but no more so than other airlines. Entertainment system was very good lots of options and food and drinks were served regularly. Cabin crew were very friendly and always happy to help. Flight departed on time and arrived early in ATL. ATL-QUI - very old 757-2 and desperately needed refurbing. Seats were worn out no entertainment overhead TVs existed but not used and cabin crew were less friendly. Drinks only served once on a 5 hour flight and food was very poor in comparison to the other flight. Standard American airline for me very good transatlantic but domestic/South America used tired fleet and much less effort made. Will certainly use again if I need to fly transatlantic as was an excellent experience but still much to improve on the other side of the pond.

(Japan)

NRT-HNL-NRT in business class both ways. The flight was smooth on time had decent food lie-flat seats and a very accommodating HNL-based crew of FA. No complaints whatsoever. It always amazes me at the negative comments on this review site considering my consistently good experiences with Delta. They're not the best airline in the world but they seem to try their best.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Delta 1487 on 09-04-14 from ATL to JFK. The gate agent addressed my wife and I by name as we boarded. All passengers were greeted by the F/A as they boarded. Flight left a few minutes late but arrived early. The meal consisted of a cold shrimp/chicken platter or a turkey/chicken sandwich which was very good. Service was good. My only complaint is the seating. The seat is more comfortable than Economy Comfort but Delta should add an inch of pitch in the first class cabin. I did not rate the inflight entertainment as there was none available due to the short flight. Delta 2043 first class on 09-11-14 JFK to ATL. Flight left about 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems. The captain gave detailed and many updates concerning takeoff times which was appreciated. The plane was an MD 88. Again no inflight entertainment due to the short flight. Food and beverages included snacks from a basket.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

I keep making the mistake of choosing Delta. I flew to Spain recently and now within the us and each time I am unable to be seated with my husband regardless of how in advance I book my tickets. When I just called to inquire about a seat assignment the representative was beyond rude and said if I could not afford the upgrade then I can wait till I get to the gate like always. I have no problem paying for an upgrade but it seems to me they purposely do that so you pay the money or pay by sitting alone! Rude and not accommodating at all.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from Omaha to Minneapolis. Minneapolis to Paris. Paris to Yaounde Cameroon. Returning flight from Yaounde was cancelled. Left the following morning. Flew to Central African Republic then to Chad. From Chad to Paris. Once a 6 hour flight turned into almost 13 hours. One meal provided.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flying on 8/25 from EWR to AMS and return on 9/5 ex AMS to EWR in Economy Comfort. Save your money not worth it. Food was horrible. Flight attendance not very polite. Service was non-existent. I asked for an after dinner drink and was told only coffee Tea or water was available. This is not what Delta advertises on Economy Comfort. Have flown many times on Lufthansa to Germany and the service is 100% better. I will stay away from Delta in the future.

Delta Air Lines customer review

SEA-LHR and AMS-SEA I had an excellent experience on these international flights with Delta. The seats were relatively spacious and comfortable and the IFE was really impressive. The food was edible and there were frequent drink services. I had a far better experience than I did with Air Canada on similar routes. I will definitely be flying with Delta on future trips to Europe.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I have had a good experience with Delta so I chose to fly it again. We were flying from Philadelphia to Austin Texas. First off my flight was delayed for an hour and a half. Then we took off. My first stop was Minneapolis. We then had another stop for no reason at Detroit. We then finally got to Austin. Our flight left Philadelpiha at 6am CST and got to Austin at 7pm CST. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Round trip Detroit to Ft Lauderdale 8/28-9/1. Once again Delta has maintenance issues. We missed our connection lose our first class seats and get home 10 hours late. By the way do not purchase first class tickets. Delta apparently can choose to honor them or not. What a waste of money. I chose to purchase rather than upgrade and still lost my seats. The trip down here in first class offered potato chips for lunch and one drink because our flight attendant spent his time talking to another flight attendant that must have been riding for free because she didn't come out of the galley the entire flight. I guess I should just be happy they got us to our destination. Red coats are useless and maintenance is worst as our plane wasn't the only flight delayed that day due to maintenance.
Seat TypeFirst Class