Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

My wife and I recently flew first class on Delta Airlines from Seattle to San Diego on flight 5789. The aircraft was a Jet Embraer 175 a plane that I think is very practical comfortable and sensible for a domestic flight. Also there are no middle seats anywhere on this plane. The crew were very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent and nicely presented and served by our attentive stewardess. We felt this was the best flight we have taken in a very long time and was reminiscent of air travel from the old days. I have been a frequent air traveler for 55 years so I remember the good old days of travel. I contrast this flight with another first class flight on United Airlines where the service and food were horrible and the plane was filthy with a bathroom that was worse than any gas station I ever saw.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

Early August flight from SMF - MSP - YYZ (Sacramento - Minneapolis - Toronto). I flew economy comfort on an early flight from SMF to MSP The MSP to YYZ flight was on Endeavor Air / Delta Connection. The economy comfort seats had adequate legroom but almost no recline making it impossible for me to nap (the seat backs had a tilt-your- head-forward built-in headrest). The seats on Endeavour had minimal legroom but more recline and I was able to nap during the two-hour flight to Toronto. The plastic armrests on the SMF-MSP flight were extremely uncomfortable. Economy comfort wasn't worth the money. One star for food and entertainment (I didn't buy food for purchase no entertainment on either flight). My wife has Delta Platinum FF status. Next month we fly to Michigan Amsterdam France and Israel. I'll let her exchange FF miles for my tickets as long as we avoid Delta and fly internationally on a code share airline such as KLM. The FAs on both flights were competent courteous and seemed to care about their passengers. I wish Delta management had the same attitude.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew Dublin - JFK return in business elite. Didn't really get that priority feel on check in as you do with most other airlines. Lounge in Dublin ok lounge in JFK terminal 2 is awful. Food is fine and there was plenty of offerings cabin crew very nice seats very comfortable but I think Virgin Etihad and Qatar Airways business class is far better with a classier feel to it. On saying that I would fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

My husband and I have taken a few trips a year with our kids (now 4 and 3) since they were babies and never had such a terrible experience. Getting to our destination was alright - we booked an overnight flight so that the kids would sleep and ended up with 2 extra seats next to us. Staff were all very polite and helpful. However before our return we were informed by e-mail that our 2 flights with a connection of just over an hour had been cancelled and we had been re-booked on 4 flights - yes 3 layovers to get us from one major airport in the US to another in Canada. My husband spent over an hour on the phone getting this changed and it took a great deal of insisting that 4 flights would not work especially with young kids. Our travel dates were flexible as was the departure airport from Florida but this didn't make a difference. We were finally re-booked on 2 flights with an almost 6 hour layover. We were told that having a layover longer than 5 hours would result in additional fees which we of course refused to pay and Delta reluctantly agreed. On the day of the flight we arrived at our gate to find out that our first flight had been delayed almost an hour and our second flight had been delayed 3 hours. (which now resulted in an 8 hour layover!). The airport staff was extremely accommodating and offered to re book us on a flight early the next morning with a 2 hour layover and cover our hotel expenses for the night. We appreciated the offer but decided to decline because we were already at our departure gate and didn't want to repeat the check in and security process the following day. Sometime during our 8 hour layover we looked at our boarding passes and noticed that none of us were sitting together on our second flight. After putting up with an excessive amount of delays and attitude from Delta over the phone and by e-mail I would have gladly left my then 2 and 4 year olds alone for Delta staff to entertain during the flight but after some insisting on my part we were all seated together.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Munich - Atlanta - Kalamazoo and returning from Chicago - Atlanta - Munich. My flight to the US was nothing better than the usual - in fact simply average no comment to make. However the adventure begins on my returning flight from Chicago on 30th December. Upon checking in my luggage in Chicago I find out that my flight to Atlanta had been cancelled - apparently for weather reasons. I quickly had customer service representatives put me on an alternative route: Chicago - New York - Prague - Munich. However upon embarking the flight to New York we had technical difficulties and could not take off on time. When we did I had already missed my connection. Knowing about this situation I asked the flight attendant to assist just to be told "hold on we'll look into it" or "you simply ask the ground staff in New York they'll sort you out". Upon arriving in JFK instead of making my way to the gate I straight went to Delta Customer Services. Getting there it was like being at a fish market - people arguing kids crying and the Delta Customer Service staff simply could not be bothered. When it was my turn I was not greeted I was not asked how I was doing and nor was given the generic apology for delays experienced. After a long discussion I was put on a flight from New York - Frankfurt - Munich. After a couple of hours of transit with no amenities or vouchers provided I got on the flight for Frankfurt - I was put right at the back despite various empty seats. I reached Frankfurt to find out - my ticket was never issued for Munich! However being German speaking and after being handed to competent Fraport staff and discussing the issue with them in detail - the situation was dealt with in an excellent manner and I was on my next flight to Munich. Once I touched down in Munich you can now imagine what is going to come or in fact not going to come - my luggage! Will never travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew CDG-MSP-YYZ. First aircraft was an A330-200 which was somewhat spacious. IFE was excellent but the headphones were not that great. Seats were nice and the blanket and pillow were good. The meals were above averages and were filling. A lot of drink services too. Connection was a breeze as well. The flight after that was a CRJ-900 so it was more cramped and without IFE but the aircraft was new and spotless. Seats and service was OK for a regional flight. Wifi on board but you have to pay. All in all the two flights were pleasant and really surprised me.

Delta Air Lines customer review

MCO-LHR via Atlanta. The internal flight up to Atlanta was surprisingly spacious seating in economy for this short flight. The transatlantic flight from Atlanta to London was on a B767 with a decent seat with good leg room. The IFE offers a good choice to occupy the time and the meal was ok and standard for economy. Delta is a no nonsense airline that does the job you pay for.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew MEX-DTW recently on Delta on a nice and fairly clean A319. Economy class seats had decent legroom - inflight wifi was a huge plus but no other IFE was on offer even in business class. Ham and cheese sandwich was served as a snack which surprised me as I expected no food in economy class. Flight arrived and departed on time. Staff were attentive and polite.

Delta Air Lines customer review

A few months ago I was flying home from Chicago via Minneapolis. I don't really care to connect but Delta had the lowest fares and I was okay with that. The flight to Minneapolis from Chicago was delayed due to a plane issue. The staff on the ground were excellent at handling the issue and on the plane they were helpful as well. Unfortunately this was not the case with the rest of the staff. Upon arrival to Minneapolis I had to run to my gate to make my flight. As I got there I had to argue with the gate attendant about getting my seat. Note I'm a 17 year old who can't book a hotel has nowhere to stay and needs to be on that flight the last one out that night. Thankfully the man gave me his seat and I made it home. Staff on the MSP-MCO leg were very rude. I was very unimpressed. I love Delta but it put a sour taste in my mouth.

Delta Air Lines customer review

We are a family of 6 going on vacation from San Jose California to Las Vegas with a connecting flight in Los Angeles. We missed our flight from San Jose to LA and therefore missed our connecting flight from LA to Vegas and therefore wasted a whole day (1/3 of our trip) in LAX. We missed our flight in San Jose because we did not arrive at the gate until the last 3 min of departing time. However two of our family members arrived at the gate early because they used the handicapped express lane at security point. The family members that arrived early told the gate agent that there are more people coming please wait. The agent was rude did not even page for our names and refuse to wait. By the time the rest of the family got to the gate the plane has already taken off 2min earlier which is 5 min earlier than departing time! This kind of customer service is unacceptable!