Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Wife and I flying from Memphis Tenn. to Edmonton Alberta. Released from the Memphis hospital (after a stroke) on Sunday flying home the next day. When we booked the flight we requested we sit together due to my need for assistance. Reply "No problem" get to the airport check in we are in the same row. but her on one side of the plane I am on the other 2 people and 1 aisle between us. We explained the situation to the clerk they said "No problem we will fix it at the gate." Result - back seats in the plane no recline at all very limited space.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from DUB-JFK-PHX. The transatlantic leg was enjoyable. The flight attendants did several drink runs although they only pour half a can unlike other airlines. Each passenger had their own personal backseat TV and the movie/music/game selection was fantastic. Headphones are provided for those didn't bring their own. Toilets were clean and hot towels are provided to freshen up. The second leg from JFK-PHX was less impressive. Entertainment is provided by an old CRT monitor in the centre of the aisle meaning you have no choice in what you watch. Expect old sitcom reruns. No meals on this flight either despite it being nearly as long as DUB-JFK. The boredom of this flights combined with my hunger meant I couldn't wait to get off. Conclusion: fly Delta transatlantic but avoid for domestic flights within the USA.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew JNB-ATL-SNA on Feb 6 2014. Departure from JNB on time though boarding was a bit chaotic. Economy class seating on B77L from JNB-ATL ok. Weber slimline seats are a quite firm and this becomes ever more evident on this long 16 hour flight. Cabin crew most unfriendly and really did not want to be providing the on board services. In flight meals very poor. Cabin crew on ATL-SNA flight a little better. AVOD on B77L very good with excellent picture quality and selections.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I have flown Delta 3 round trips in the past 3 months. The first flight had an engine problem over the Atlantic and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada and were forced to sit on the plane for 6 hours waiting for a new plane. I do have to say the crew was great. Missing my connection I arrived home a day late. My second flight was normal with no issues. My trip had another engine problem. This time before take-off. Instead of getting home on Friday night I had to wait until Saturday night to get home. The crews and ground staff have been great but Delta is not maintaining its planes.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Honolulu to LA First class. Lucked out got a flight that was inbound from Japan so configuration was Intl business. Normally Hawaii routes get the oldest planes with the least amount of comfort. This was a wonderful surprise. Complemented by a wonderful crew that was eager to please with warm excellent service this flight was a pleasure. Great entertainment nice lunch warm service and tail winds.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

BKK-NRT-BKK in Business Elite on B747. Don't fly Delta much and was impressed with the product. Seats comfortable and private whilst seated on upper deck. Cabin ambience pleasant service attentive and professional IFE above average. In general a cut above the other American carriers and significantly better than the previous Delta international business product. Only disappointment was not having Premium Lane cards for arrival in BKK. BKK can have lengthy immigration queues and all major carriers provide this 'fast track' card which is a must when arriving into BKK. I enquired about it with the crew and they were baffled and seemed to have no idea with what I was talking about as if they had never heard of it. Other than that very nice experience.

Delta Air Lines customer review

January 15th SLC to CDG. I would have purchased an economy comfort seat for the extra $210 but the only available ones were by the toilets. My economy seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have experienced on a long flight - inadequate seat padding and very limited recline. Otherwise the flight was acceptable the food edible the FAs competent performance on time. Next time I fly to Europe I'll avoid Delta on account of my experience with the uncomfortable seat. Based on my experience on this trip I would not recommend Delta to friends and family. I may fly Delta again but only on short domestic trips.

Delta Air Lines customer review

GSO-BKK and return via ATL and NRT. All flights on time and no issues with check in and boarding. All the long distance flights were on 747-400. Although you can no longer call these the "Queen of the Sky" they still give a comfortable reassuring ride. Delta can be complimented on upgrading their business class product. The fully flat bet is good. The duvet pillows amenity kit (no pyjamas!) and IFE are all excellent though the noise cancelling headset had connection issues on all flights. To compete with the Asian and Middle Eastern carriers though Delta needs to brush up on a few areas. In particular the menu selections and service need to be better but my biggest gripe is with the bathrooms which fully reflect the 25 year age of the plane and at the end of a 13 hour flight. I shall say no more.

Delta Air Lines customer review

SIN-NRT return. DL 622 and DL 621. Both flights were on 777-200ER equipped with on demand ptv. SIN-NRT: Could not find the USB port to charge my phones on the flight to NRT. Hot breakfast was served at local time 8 am 2hrs into the flight. Hot snack of chicken wrap was served 2 hrs before landing. The odd part was the entertainment programmes were switched off 4 hrs into the flight with no explanation. Most passengers were asleep due to the early departure of the flight at 5.45 am. NRT-SIN: USB port was installed beside the PTV. Hot dinner was served 2 hrs into the flight. Snack of ice cream were served 2 hrs before landing. Crew of Chinese national and Singaporean crew were helpful. Asked if passengers wanted extra ice cream. Self help galley provided Evian water only. DL offers the cheapest fare for direct flights to Japan and will travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

ATL-LAS December 2013. Main and pretty much only issue was legroom. In certain configurations of their 757-200 seats 2C/D are bulkhead seats where we were seated and legroom is severely restricted. Other than that it was a pretty average/decent experience. A snack basket containing the typical peanuts pretzels and chocolates was passed around twice. Flight attendants were courteous. The seat had a good amount of width and AC power outlets were available underneath. PTVs were also available with an excellent selection of holiday and other films. Since the flight departed around 9:30pm no complimentary dinner was served. All in all it was an OK flight just beware of the first class bulkhead seats on certain 757 configurations.
Seat TypeFirst Class