Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Was pleasantly surprised by Delta service in Economy class on a round trip between DTW and AMS on Oct. 10 (outbound) and Oct 17 (inbound). Cabin services both ways was attentive throughout the flight - something that some other US-based carriers fail to grasp. The Economy class food was actually tasty and abundant especially on the AMS-DTW flight. Am happy to find a US-based carrier that can hold its own in Economy class against its Euro- competitors. So would definitely recommend Delta service between DTW and AMS as a gateway between the US and Europe - even in Economy the journey is part ot the enjoyment of the overall trip.

Delta Air Lines customer review

October 17th 2014. Traverse City Michigan (TVC) to DTW DTW-LAX LAX-SMF. TVC-DTW and LAX-SMF on Delta Connection. DTW-LAX on Delta. The FAs on the connection flights were courteous and competent. On Delta after the beverage cart had gone by I asked a passing FA for a second glass of wine. She refused to bring it told me I'd have to wait until the beverage cart returned which was over an hour later. The Economy Comfort seats on Delta were not much better than economy - slightly more legroom but the recline seemed the same. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. The Economy Comfort seats on the Connection flights felt more comfortable. Delta provided a wide array of entertainment choices. I only fly Delta because my spouse buys my tickets with her frequent flyer miles. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights on account of the uncomfortable seats. Next time my spouse and I fly to Europe or Asia I will ask her to use her FF miles for flights on a Delta partner with better seats.

Delta Air Lines customer review

10-12-14 SEA-DTW-TVC. SEA-DTW on Delta DTW-TVC on Delta Connection. The blue vinyl seats on Delta were very uncomfortable had minimal legroom and recline the plastic armrests hurt my arms after an hour or so. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. Seats on Delta Connection were more comfortable. My one star rating is for the Delta seats. I didn't use the inflight entertainment system which appeared to have a good selection. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights. My spouse purchased my ticket with her frequent flyer miles. Next month when we fly from California to Florida I'll ask her to book our flight on a Delta partner if possible. The Delta seats are too uncomfortable for long haul flights. Same goes for our upcoming trips to Europe and Thailand next year.

Delta Air Lines customer review

In September I flew Delta round trip Detroit - London - Detroit business elite class on planes with the lay-flat seats. Let's be honest and call them "pods" not seats. These plastic "pods" must be the most uncomfortable cramped seats ever designed for an airplane. I am only 5'1" weigh 125# and even at that small size I felt wedged into a narrow hard space. Seats are narrow hard moulded vinyl and there is absolutely no room for anything. Couldn't even figure out where to store the provided quilt and pillow. Sit on it? Put it on the floor where it immediately becomes wedged under the seat or you have to walk on it to get out/in your seat? Fold out trays are tiny and almost useless as are the provided "pockets" (shallow moulded indents that won't even keep a bottle of water upright) for magazines books papers bottled water etc. Attempting to stand up or leave your seat is a major challenge. Apparently the expected protocol is to wedge yourself into the "pod" and not move for eight hours. Never again!

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew SYD-LAX 1 Oct and returned 13 Oct - After reading reviews online I was a bits hesitant to fly Delta but was pleasantly surprised by the airline. Found the service to be quite good food had a good variety and all meals were served hot. Also good idea about placing the snacks out for passengers to help themselves. Great choice of movies and TV shows to pass the time. Seats were a little uncomfortable but overall a good experience and would definitely fly Delta again!

Delta Air Lines customer review

Worst business class I have ever travelled on. The product provided on my trip from LA to San Jose is nothing close to what is represented on the Delta website nor as described in their inflight magazine. We had expectations of lie flat beds on the last leg of our long journey from Melbourne (Australia) to San Jose Costa Rica. To make matters worse this last leg with Delta was an overnight flight - so we had been travelling in excess of 24hrs before boarding Delta. What a disappointment to find we were on possibly the oldest aircraft I have flown it had a 2 person bench seat format with an individual backrest that only slightly reclined. The inflight food service was lousy (very similar to an economy meal on a domestic flight). Then to top it off there was a Dog (yes a canine) sitting / sleeping in seat 1B right next to us! There was no insert entertainment system there was a very old box TV hanging from the ceiling in the aisle which from Seat 1D I couldn't quite see very well.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Went from LAX to Sydney. Staff rude food awful. Only good thing was premium economy seating. The seats were hard - no frills but extra leg room. Worth the difference but would not fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew GSO-ATL-SLC-PHX/ LAS-DTW-GSO on a paid First Class ticket - cost only 30% more than the coach ticket and well worth it. DL is working hard to be a serious airline and it's mostly paying off. All flights were on time and generally the service and food very good including a new beef enchilada (really!) lunch item that was excellent. The omelette breakfast out of LAS however- not so much. For me the biggest issue with DL is the age of the fleet. Both long legs were on vintage (25 years old plus) 757s with no modern amenities except pay for WIFI. These old ships showed their age throughout including (my pet peeve) dreadful bathrooms no entertainment whatsoever and old style overhead bins. The one flight with no first class section was aboard the dreaded CRJ200 for a 90 minute flight.. DL generously assigned seat 14A with a GE engine seemingly in the next seat. When will the airlines fulfil their promise of dumping these dogs altogether rather than just moving them from one fleet to another? Overall though satisfaction delivered.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

JFK-FCO return Business class on Sept. 25 - Oct. 5. on A330 - this is the best business class seat by far. Seats newly configured 1-2-1 with easy aisle access. Seat controls entertainment system electronics all user friendly. Lots of entertainment options viewed on a 16-inch flat panel screen. Exceptional service and excellent meal choices.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Honolulu to LA. Lucked out with an internationally equipped aircraft for this normally cramped flight. Great lie flat seat wonderful crew decent meal and excellent entertainment. The B767 business elite made the trip a pleasure but why does the dessert come on the tray when there is plenty of time to do a separate service? This is a pet peeve of mine makes the service seem pedestrian.