Delta Air Lines

Customer rating from 1902 reviews

Delta Air Lines customer review

PDX-AMS-PDX: Flew on economy comfort for both legs. The PDX-AMS was good with the typical Delta service which has improved over the years. Aircraft was clean and a very good IFE. For the return flight it was quite different starting with a very disorganized Delta security at the gate. The contracted agent were borderline rude and did not have a clue what they were doing. During the flight the cabin crew appeared to do a minimal job and could care less about the service and especially the state of sanitary conditions of the restrooms. Delta management should work on improving the consistency of their crew.

Delta Air Lines customer review

TPA to LAX on 12-10-14 B737 Economy Comfort another routine Delta Flight. Uncomfortable seats with slightly more legroom than economy but with minimum recline. I give Delta low ratings on account of the uncomfortable seats. Otherwise it's pretty much like other U.S. carriers. Food for purchase. I didn't buy any so rated it at one star. Charge for entertainment headphones didn't buy a set so I also rated entertainment at one star. I fly Delta only because my spouse has Platinum FF status and buys my tickets with her FF miles. Otherwise I'd like to try other airlines.

(Spain)

We bought a round trip ticket trough Air France but the operating airline was Delta. On our outbound flight from ATL-MAD the plane was very small for a Transatlantic flight uncomfortable seats entertainment screens didn't work and the crew were not helpful with the needs of the 1 year old traveling with us well strangely enough this was our "good flight." On the way back we flew from Amsterdam to Atlanta the flight got delayed due to bad weather conditions because of that we lost our connecting flight that we can understand what was appalling to us was the rudeness unwillingness to help and basically bad attitude of the flight attendants who are supposedly there to assist you. We certainly will do our best to not purchase a Delta ticket again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Took flight DL403 from JFK to LHR. Bag drop and check in was friendly and fast as was boarding. Seats were leather/plastic and not fabric and felt comfier than many others. Entertainment system was buggy and rebooted once as well as skipping/pausing throughout films. Food was bland but passable: chicken and rice meal with brownie bread and salad for dinner and a croissant with jam for breakfast (with orange juice). Service wasn't that friendly but also the announcements were amateurish with long pauses repeated interruptions and announcing the wrong arrival terminal before later correcting herself! I didn't know until this flight that seat changes within economy class can cost $40 each even if passengers on the same booking were placed in seats far away from each other on different rows (and the seat change was to bring them together).

Delta Air Lines customer review

GIG-ATL on refurbed 67-300ER (economy) and can honestly say it was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken. I am 6'2 and whilst normally I can find airline seats restricting this was the worst I have experienced. I can never before remember having to sit open legged as my knees do not fit in the seat when my legs are side by side including when using budget carriers. What's more the head restraint didn't stay in position making it doubly uncomfortable for a man of my height and despite the seat being in the middle of the plane there was no recline (not that there was any room to recline into). Food was ok drinks only served once despite it being almost a 10 hour flight and the entertainment system had only old movies and the TV box sets were missing random episodes meaning it was difficult to watch anything sequentially. Not a good advert for a Delta and will certainly bare this in mind when it comes to booking again in future.

Delta Air Lines customer review

DSM/MSP/LHR 30th November LHR/MSP/DSM 6th December 2014. On all of the flights taken I was treated well by all staff check-in and in-flight. The airplanes were clean even the two short haul flights when the turnaround was very tight. Delta cabin staff are certainly the best by a long mile as compared with the other legacy airline staff in the USA. My flights were a combination of First (internally) and Business (Trans Atlantic). The food on the Trans Atlantic flight was pretty good. My only comment regarding the whole food and beverage service was that the red wine on the LHR/MSP leg was chilled. The equipment used for my Trans Atlantic flight was a 767-400ER which was comfortable (I prefer the Business seating in the 767 as opposed to the A330) and I managed to sleep for 4 hours east bound. Delta are a good airline. People can make or break a business and now it certainly seems that the Delta people will "make" the business.

Delta Air Lines customer review

JFK-ATL-AUS in F. Decided to pay First Class to try their product and Delta has done an excellent job revamping their JFK base. Check-in at the separate Sky Priority area was a top-notch experience it has a completely separate entrance and the area is cozy and classy complete with a seating area and little water bottles at the check in desks. Priority security line was a bonus since it was rush hour and the regular line was just insane. Priority boarding was strictly enforced which was good. Plane to Atlanta on a 757 equipped with the older transcontinental product. Seats were extremely plush and comfortable with great recline and legroom was excellent. Wouldn't mind sitting on those seats on a longer flight. I wish the leg rest would have extended higher though. Breakfast was served which was smoked salmon toasted bagel fresh fruit and yoghurt. I've read positive reviews about Delta's F catering and this was no exception. Everything was fresh presentation was excellent and quantity hit the spot nicely. My only major issue on this flight was the flight lead that served the first cabin he was a tad cold and didn't really interact with the passengers which I admire about US airlines. Service however was efficient and service calls and requests were all honored on a timely fashion. Entertainment system didn't work until half an hour before landing but it wasn't too much of an issue selections for movies shows and music were all great. ATL-AUS on an older 757 seats were huge and comfortable but legroom was limited but still sufficient. Flight attendants were more friendly however only snack options were available despite being a longer flight. Drinks and snacks were provided regularly and were of good quality. Overall Delta is serious about transforming itself as a global airline with a great reputation. All flights were on-time their hard product is reliable catering is excellent and even though I had some issues with service Delta still provided a great flight experience and would not hesitate to fly with them again.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

4/30/14 JFK-LHR was a pleasant experience (evening flight). The Delta Ground Crew were fine but had some issues with regards to an additional carry on item when the Airport Customs denied our entry towards the Immigration Area. Boarded on time on a B767-400ER. Seats felt tight with limited legroom but a very comfortable back rest. Ordered our meals online when booking however my meal was not available on the flight but it was fine to wait for the general food selection. Flight entertainment was excellent getting to watch the latest movie releases of the year. Flight Crew were well accommodated on this full flight. Land safely at LHR with a delay of 50 mins. 5/14/14 Return leg LHR-JFK was a disappointment. The older B767-300 aircraft had a rusty smell. Food selections we chose online were again unavailable. Flight crew were less friendly to passengers fewer smiles yet one of the FAs stood out very well in performance. The seats were a lot of worst with thinner padding making it extremely uncomfortable to lean your back all the way. The restrooms were awful unlike the first leg which was spotless. The same goes with the cleanliness of the cabins. Overall flying with Delta would mean riding old planes and comfort is less of a priority in economy class. Delta is my top choice when flying Domestically but definitely out of the box for international and long haul travel. Next time I travel to Europe BA goes next in the list.

Delta Air Lines customer review

In March 2014 I booked a flight from San Diego to Vancouver BC. There was a one hour stop-over with plane change at LAX. Between that booking and the flight date of November 30th Delta made 6 changes/cancellations to this single reservation resulting in the change in planes being switched to Seattle with a 4 hour stop-over. When my flight arrived in Seattle a further one hour delay was announced. I asked the reason and was told that it was because of ice despite the fact that it was a sunny day with dry pavement everywhere and the plane was coming from Las Vegas. The clerk then mentioned that Delta did not offer compensation for weather-related delays. The lie about icing was confirmed by another clerk who checked in her computer and found the delay was really caused by mechanical failure. I then asked what compensation Delta would give me for a 5 hour stop-over involving dinner time. I was offered a chocolate bar. Delta is the last airline I would choose in the future.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I have been flying Delta for years (several with Diamond status). I am currently gold status. At JFK Terminal 2 in the TSA pre-check line the Delta representative made me go back and check my bag because it didn't fit in their little container which they claim is what a 22" bag should fit in. I have been carrying-on the same roller bag for the last 8 years. Now they make me check it? I don't get it. I flew with this same bag this last Saturday the Saturday before that the Thursday before that - and carried it on every time. Terrible customer service for your most loyal business travelers.
Seat Comfort N/A