Delta Air Lines

"Delta came through!"

Not Verified | I flew into Las Vegas from the UK. My luggage was checked all the way through to my final destination, San Diego. But my luggage from the UK did not make it to San Diego. There were several of us flying the exact UK to Vegas to San Diego flight and none of us had our luggage in San Diego. At the lost/delayed baggage office they took our details and they told us that the bag would be delivered to my house by 11pm that night. Frankly I was really sceptical but the bag was delivered that night by 11 pm, just as promised. I was really impressed. At the end of day, it was only a tiny inconvenience and they really did exactly what they said they would do. Things can happen at 1st port of entry into the USA which can cause onward baggage delays (like government shutdown, for instance). That’s not the airline’s fault, but what they do after something like this, is what really counts. And Delta came through!
RouteLas Vegas to San Diego

"never fly Delta again"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Detroit to Paris. I bought my ticket from e dreams and for the first time in 13 years travelling to the USA yearly was I charged for my bags. My first bag. Bags total cost $114.00. Staff of Delta at both airports were surprised that I had to pay and I was the only passenger paying for my first bag. The lively lady in Kansas even went to ask her supervisor. So Delta allows nasty edreams to do this? I paid 1300.00 for my ticket so not cheap. Will never fly Delta again and want you all to check this airline before you book
RouteDetroit to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff very welcoming"

Trip Verified | Boston to Palm Beach. Easy ticket buying online no extra or hidden fees that I stumbled upon. Very comfortable seats with personal entertainment systems (that didn’t have an extra cost!) flight staff very welcoming. 10/10 will recommend and fly again
RouteBoston to Palm Beach

" never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Columbus to Detroit. I will never ever fly Delta again! I had a 33 min layover and my Delta flight was late (sat on the runway for a good 15 min) I ran through the airport to get to the gate. The plane was there, others from my previous flight that ran were there, but the gate was closed. They were loading our bags on the plane but shut the gate before we had a chance to get on. But have no worry, they have another flight in 6 hours! I was meeting my husband (who is out of town for work) for our anniversary today. Now we both get to have our anniversary dinner alone. I will never fly Delta again.
RouteColumbus to Detroit
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"never travel with Delta again"

Not Verified | Boston to St Louis where I had halt in Michigan for an hour. Due to the bad weather, the flight departure got delayed and I was obviously late to catch the next flight in Michigan. I checked with Delta support and they gave me a 20% coupon for a hotel and booked my flight the next day. So, which means I had to pay for all the expenses including transport to go the hotel, food, and hotel charge with 20% discount. They only mentioned they cannot do anything if they delay the departure time because of the weather. This is highly disappointing. I will never travel with Delta again and will not recommend to my friends too. Worst management of all flights.
RouteBoston to St Louis via Michigan
Date FlownAugust 2018

"should have seated us together"

Trip Verified | New York to Phoenix. I bought tickets a few months ago for my girlfriend and I. I get our tickets and realized that my girlfriend and I will be sitting in separate seats. I asked the person at the gate if there were any available seats where we can sit together and the person couldn’t find any. If I’m buying a few months in advance and the tickets were bought together, then the airline should have seated us together.
RouteNew York to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"moves my paid for chosen seat"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Detroit. Delta moves my paid for chosen seat again. Tired of this airline. I need an aisle seat so they move me to a window seat. We pay to choose seats and they move us anyways. I have been flying Spirit more and I will keep doing so.
RouteLos Angeles to Detroit
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"treat passengers with contempt"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to London. Delta Air Lines are supposed to be an American flag carrier, and they promote their Delta One business class product as a premier class. First, the Delta Lounge at JFK is nothing short of disgusting. The lounge itself is shabby, and the queue to the bar was massive. Upon finally getting to the bar, the staff try to charge you for the drinks. The food, (help yourself), is truly of such poor quality you would not feed to your dog. Served on paper bowls, from school meal-esque vats, of some kind of watery curry on boiled rice. The flight itself was dreadful, onboard some ancient, Airbus 330-200, presumably inherited from USAir. Terrible crew, who merely served the meal as quickly as possible, and then disappeared to the galley. The meal, per se, was ghastly. I have flown American Airlines, British Airways, and Virgin Atlantic trans-Atlantic, and Delta Airlines set the new low standard; not Business Class, but no class whatsoever. Delta treat their passengers with contempt, by offering this rubbish service. The seat comfort was unbearable too.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York JFK to London
Date FlownOctober 2018

Delta Air Lines customer review

Trip Verified | London to Salt Lake City. I had not flown Delta for over 20 years, and only did so due to the Virgin Atlantic code share. I was intrigued to try their much vaunted Delta One business class. The aircraft was an old B-767-300, which was in awful shape. The so-called business class was atrocious, and must be at least 20 years out of date. I thought British Airways Club Class was bad, but this was worse. The food onboard was inedible, and the wine selection poor. The ONLY good thing about Delta Airlines, was the use of the Virgin Atlantic Upper Class lounge at Heathrow. Other than that, there was nothing to commend about this flight, or indeed this airline. Why to American carriers persist with such ancient aircraft trans-Atlantic, and their incredibly uncomfortable business class seats.
RouteLondon to Salt Lake City
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"lost my business for good"

Trip Verified | Spokane to Salt Lake City via Albuquerque. Delta left us stranded at 9pm. I was with a minor child. Delta offered no compensation for food or hotel. We missed our connecting flight after being delayed due to fire smoke. They only offered to put us on a flight the next day. Delta said they only offer vouchers, if the delay's are weather related. Fire smoke in the air, should be considered weather related. Delta lost my business for good.
RouteSpokane to Salt Lake City via Albuquerque