Delta Air Lines

"Disappointing to fly Delta"

Not Verified | Disappointing to fly Delta. All four flight segments were late, some critically. Paid for First Class and that was a mistake, I will never do that again with this airline. Rather than make a laundry list of all the issues we encountered, suffice to say that it became a high stress trip and it should not have been. Avoid paying for upgraded seats on Delta domestic flights, it comes with nothing, it’s a bus ride, nothing more. I will try to avoid this airline when possible on future trips.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteWashington DC to Cabo San Lucas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"This airline is the absolute worst for customer service and logistics"

Not Verified | Booked a trip from Colorado Springs to Honolulu with a connection through SLC. Arrived to SLC to find out that my flight to Honolulu was delayed by 7 hours 40 minutes. Went to help desk to ask about other options and was told that there were no options. Since I have time I look myself, I go back and ask about the multiple options I found and they finally agreed to look. They then tell me I can go through Seattle so I reluctantly agree. When I asked about my seat upgrade I paid for they just laughed and told me to ask about it at the gate. They booked both flights with a middle seat when there were plenty of options. I am currently sitting in the plane to Honolulu waiting for them to figure out which flight attendant staff will be joining us because they want ours to go to South Korea instead. Fully loaded plane ready to go! Told us it would be 30 minutes and has been almost an hour. This airline is the absolute worst for customer service and logistics. Not once was I treated with respect or sincerity. I will never fly Delta again. And to think these airlines are the first to cry for bailout money when things get tough only to layoff their staff and jack prices up all while quietly buying back stock options.
AircraftA330-900
RouteColorado Springs to Honolulu
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I’m completely done with Delta"

Not Verified | We were supposed to depart 11:30am in January 21 2022 they did not ensure that the plane was properly heated and the pipes were frozen, so after boarding and waiting for an hour they made us all de board and kept pushing back our flight. Our new departure time changed from 12:45pm to 1:45pm to 2:20pm and then 4:15pm. Absolutely unacceptable. Delta will do almost anything to not refund you your money. I’ve only ever flown with them twice and both experiences were dreadful. I don’t even know how they have a 4/10 review rating because it needs to be at 0. I’m completely done with Delta they’re just not worth all the hassle and obstacles. We were flying domestic and they don’t seem able to handle such trips.
RouteNew York to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"unbelievable how we were treated"

Trip Verified | Flew Delta from Orlando to New York. Flight was delayed 20 min due to "short staff" as told by the pilot on intercom system. Arrived in New York 30 minutes late then had to wait another 15 minutes to be taxied to tarmac. The pilot then came on the intercom and stated "nothing we can do we are short staffed just waiting on taxi to tarmac". We missed our plane connecting to BWI. We were told to go to help desk. When we got to help desk they offered a plane ticket for 6.5 hours later with a 15.00 food voucher for 2 people to eat at the airport. We asked for a supervisor, the lady told us to stand aside. We were then told that the supervisor was busy on the phone right now and there was nothing else they could do. We complained then the supervisor came out and told us that it was not Deltas fault. I said your pilot told us you were short staffed, I said so are you. She said I can’t give out that information. It was unbelievable how we were treated and Delta did not take responsibility at all for us sitting at the airport for an extra 6.5 hours due to their own fault. Never again will I use this airline. This is not how I want to end my vacation. Due to the high cost of tickets the way this whole situation was handled unprofessionally. First and last time this family will use Delta.
RouteOrlando to Baltimore

"Very bad experience"

Not Verified | Very bad experience. Delete flight time to later time just like that, that is make missing connection flight. Before boarding started tagging my bag to the final destination. They do not care you are missing connection flight and can has no bag finally in the hotel. They do not listen you problem. Delta is really bad and sad experience but charging much like a good service. Broken day! Crew on board has last 2 rows empty but did not allowed to seat there in case to feel more space, even in that bad situation. Use Delta only like last call
RouteNew York to Memphis

"a positive outcome"

Not Verified | Had to change my flight due to a family emergency. I thought I had completed it (at no charge) but when I got to the airport they could not find my new flight or my original departure flight. After some searching it was determined that in my haste to change the flight I inadvertently changed the time only but on the original date. Because I had already changed it once I was going to have to pay for the second change. She took the time to speak to a manager and figure it out. Non-stop to my destination without an extra charge. Totally a positive outcome!
RouteSan Diego to Minneapolis
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Thanks Delta, for a really great time"

Not Verified | We were traveling from Honolulu to Austin via LAX. The flight was overbooked so Delta asked for volunteers to give up their seats. My wife and I said what the heck, let’s do it. Another night in Honolulu! Well, Delta gave us each $1500, a free night at the Marriott resort downtown, and free round trip transportation to and from the hotel. The young Delta employee at the gate was most helpful (in spite of the late hour). In the process we hired an Uber driver who was a charm. He was Korean and spoke little English, but enough to get us to the Marriott. Once we arrived, he helped us with our bags, and told us he would be there to pick us up the next morning. We told him that we had to be at the airport at 6 am and he said no problem. The next morning, sure enough, he was there waiting for us, with donuts as a treat! We tipped him nicely. BTW my wife bought an Oculis with the money, and booked us on another flight to Honolulu (our son, daughter-in-law and young grandson live in Honolulu). Thanks, Delta, for a really great time and for meeting some great people!
RouteHonolulu to Austin via Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2021

"very uncomfortable the entire flight"

Not Verified | I paid the extra several hundred dollars for the Delta comfort plus ticket because of the advertised comfort items that are said to be provided. Being 5 foot tall, the extra legroom was not a factor for me in my purchase. What was a factor was the comfort items said to come with this premium seating; a pillow, blanket, etc. I was very disappointed to be told on both of my delta flights that neither a pillow nor a blanket could be provided to me. I was actually very uncomfortable the entire flight as it was very cold and there were no pillows and blankets that I could get, even though that is the entire point of comfort plus seating.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Seattle
Date FlownNovember 2021

"only good things to say about these flights"

Trip Verified | To enter St. Lucia, on a very long awaited Caribbean vacation, we had to jump through a lot of hoops online, because of Covid restrictions. Arriving at the airport in Hartford at 3am on Sunday, December 5, we found that we had not printed out the final authorization from the government authorizing our entry into the country, though it was on our phones. The Station Manager was ever so patient and kind and smart, because it was not easy to download them, and print them on Delta's printer, which we sent using her email. After quite a bit of trying, she met us at the gate to continue attempts until she finally succeeded in printing the forms out for us. She literally saved our vacation. The rest of the Delta staff, on all 4 legs of our trip, coming and going to St. Lucia were also patient, courteous and professional. The flights were clean and on time and reasonably comfortable. They had Peloton meditation and chair yoga videos as part of their on line entertainment, which I enjoyed. In this very stressful time for air travel, it is nice to have only good things to say about these flights, and this airline. We plan to switch our frequent flyer mile credit card to them. The snacks and beverage were standard airline basic but the people serving them were great.
RouteAtlanta to St. Lucia

"wanted a full refund"

Not Verified | I purchased 5 tickets to fly from JFK New York to Orlando Florida on June 13th 2021 to fly December 26th 2021, On December 24th I contacted Delta to state I needed to cancel due to my family having Covid and wanted a full refund to my credit card, I was told yes I will receive a refund. After the conversation I received an email the it was an e-credit so I called again and was told by a 2nd rep that it will be changed to a full refund and I will have it back to my credit card within 7 days. When I did not receive the credit I contacted Delta on Jan 3rd and was recited their policy that it is an non refundable flight and there will be no refund. When I explained I was told by 2 reps that I would I was told you were given wrong information and you will not get a refund. I also explained we couldn't fly due to Covid and if we did we would have infected far to many people again I was told sorry that's our policy and the rep literally hung up on me. I waited a few days and called yet again to be told again sorry that's our policy. I would think and hope that a company like Delta would care a little more for their passengers especially in the trying times we are in. Delta just really doesn't care and are not compassionate to what this pandemic is doing to people. Its so sad they are willing to hold their policy against a family instead of understanding.
RouteNew York JFK to Orlando