Delta Air Lines

"Great service and ok seat"

Not Verified | Detroit to Orlando. Great service and ok seat. It was very clean landing was not hard at all. Coming back was a little bit hard on the landing but no one got hurt or anything and I got to meet the pilots.
RouteDetroit to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2019

"half of our day was wasted"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Frankfurt. Everything was great except the plane was getting fixed for 2 hours and we missed our next flight and had to wait 4 hours at the airport running around to solve this issue. And half of our day was wasted instead of spending it with my family!
RouteAtlanta to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"lack of organization and professionalism"

Not Verified | Portland to Seattle with Delta. Absolutely the worst experience. Not only was my flight delayed (4) times but then when I got to my gate, I was told that the flight was to a different city. The customer service rep was rude when I showed him the discrepancy and told me to just sit down and wait for my flight. My father had heart surgery and a stroke shortly after the surgery and I really needed to be there. Thanks to the lack of organization and professionalism, I was not able to be present and am still waiting on my connecting flight info because apparently that is also incorrect.
RoutePortland to Seattle
Date FlownNovember 2019

"there was nothing first class"

Trip Verified | I flew out of Omaha to New York in First Class on Delta 3337 Operated by Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection seat 1D. First, there was nothing first class about this flight. I was offered a soft drink, coffee or other types of standard economy class drink before takeoff, In flight, I was offered the same drink with a snack of either nuts, cheez its, and other varieties like that. No meal service, not even a sandwich was offered. A friend of mine in economy had the same snack we had, in fact, he was given 3 bags of cheez its. The seat was roomy but not real clean, there were shoe scuffs on the bulkhead in front of me and the seat belt had seen better days, no in-flight entertainment although there was WIFI. This plane was in desperate need of refurbishment and upgrade. The only reason I upgraded to first class was that I had knee surgery a couple of weeks before the flight.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteOmaha to New York

"Such a poor service"

Not Verified | I had my flight delayed on the day of my trip and Delta send me an email a few hours before it. I got 10 minutes late in Seattle and I missed my second flight which was also with Delta. They put me in a flight with Alaska few hours later and the airline changed the gate 3 times til they cancelled the flight. Delta didn’t even send me an email to let me know what was happening, it didn’t update my flight on the app. I spent the whole night at the airport because Delta didn’t give me any hotel or something like that. Such a poor service, Delta are so irresponsible with your clients. I wouldn’t recommend at all. I called the Delta attendant and he didn’t even find my confirmation system. He wanted to put me on a flight for 24 hours later. Was he kidding?
RouteSan Francisco to Fairbanks
Date FlownNovember 2019

"cabin crew were friendly"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Phoenix. No issues on the flight, it was pleasant and the cabin crew were friendly. My baggage got delayed and I was quite worried, but the friendly lady at the help desk got it sorted out they delivered my bags to where I was staying at no cost just a couple of hours later, and have me a helpful little toiletry kit in the meantime.
RouteLos Angeles to Phoenix
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Claim was denied with poor service"

Trip Verified | Recently visited New Orleans for a weekend getaway and music performance. Being a traveling musician needed to take my guitar. Typically there is closet space but in this case was told guitar needed pink tag to go under plane. While the crew assured me my guitar ($1000 Martin) would be in good hands it was severely cracked when I got home. Claim was denied with poor service. They did offer very minute repair fee after I complained again. Not nearly enough to cover my guitar which is needed for living. Also flight was delayed and there was no flow to boarding process. Being a gold member and spending thousands throughout the years one would think there would be better respect. So all in all Delta pretends to be good service until you need them most.
RouteNew Orleans to Atlanta via Milwaukee

"issue after issue"

Trip Verified | Daytona Beach to Austin via Atlanta. I have used Delta for many years, however my last (4) trips flown with the company has been hindered with issue after issue. Though I have tried to reconcile these issues with the company and have been gifted several vouchers (which i have not used) it seems that the issues mentioned do not get corrected. My last flight was Nov. 10, 2019 flying home from spending my birthday with friends and family. the flight was set to board at 7:35pm and depart at 8:15pm. At the gate it was announced that the airline was awaiting the arrival of the captain and co-captain to arrive and boarding was pushed back 20-30 minutes. This is understandable ... boarding started at or around 8:10pm whereas it was around 8:30 by the time Main Cabin 1 was called to board. Around 20 minutes after sitting in my seat the flight attendants cam over the PA stating that they had no update on the whereabouts of the captain and co- captain and thanked everyone for their patience (8:50pm). 20 minutes later the Captain announced his sincerest apologies and explained he had just flown in with the NFL team and had been stranded on the tarmac for some time before catching a ride over to our plane (9:10pm). He added that checks still had to be made prior to the flight and we should be taking off in around 25-30 minutes. At 9:34 pm we pushed away from the gate prepared for take off and that the flight would take two hours and fourteen minutes from take off to touch down, then another delay as we were declared number 3 for take off. The flight landed in Orlando after midnight however by the time we were able to exit the plane was more closer to 1am. We had prepaid parking set for 11pm retrieval. At 1:15am we picked up our vehicle and started our hour and fifteen minute drive home (2:30am). We both had to work in the early morning, myself at 5:00 am. Delta's form of understanding how much adverse effects can have for having such poor service... $75.00! This is the gratitude the company feels is adequate for its customers.
AircraftBoeing
RouteDaytona Beach to Austin via Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff on flight were very nice"

Trip Verified | Delta staff on this flight were very nice and treated customers with care. I can count on them to always provide good service and on time-departures. Detroit seems like an easy hub to connect through and Raleigh is so convenient to get through as an airport. Awesome job Delta!
RouteDetroit to Raleigh
Date FlownNovember 2019

"definitely fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Calgary via Minneapolis. Due to poor road conditions, no drivers were willing to take me to the airport for my early morning flight despite trying Lyft, Uber, and calling every taxi company in the area from 4 AM until after 6 AM. When someone was finally willing to take me, it was too late and I missed my flight. Upon I arriving at the airport, I told a customer service agent I missed my flight and don't know what to do, and she immediately was very kind and comforting. She directed me to a desk and reassured me it would be sorted out. The agent at the desk was extremely compassionate, and despite the fact that I had only paid for an economy fare ticket and did not purchase the flexible fare, he did not charge me for changing my flight and got me a seat on the next plane. He also kindly reassured me that everything would be fine and I would be able to get home. I was the last one to board the plane and it departed right away. I am so thankful that they waited for me and that they were so kind as to not charge me again. They were within their rights to charge me again, but they treated me kindly like a person rather than just another source of profit. Great service, friendly and kind agents, big fan of their in-flight entertainment system as well as the free wi-fi for in-flight messaging purposes. I also like that they still give both cookies and crackers on the short flights, whereas other airlines I've flown with only offer beverages now. The only downside is the seat cushions are not well padded in economy, but you get what you pay for. I have rarely flown with Delta in the past, but I would definitely fly with them again.
RouteDetroit to Calgary via Minneapolis