Delta Air Lines

"refused to give me mileage credit"

Trip Verified | Athens to Sarasota via Amsterdam / Atlanta. Delta has refused to give me mileage credit for a flight to Europe. Apparently their "partner" KLM somehow snagged the miles even though I booked through Delta. Delta wouldn't help me. I needed the mileage to maintain my medallion status. I don't want it now. I am done with Delta. I am done paying premium prices to get ripped off. There are many, many cheaper ways to fly to Europe now. No more Bad Delta for me.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 777
RouteAthens to Sarasota via Amsterdam / Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seat space was tiny"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Manila. Flight crew looked very professional and were polite. Food was horrible, it was a southwestern US meal (?) and consisted of a hard corn mix, some kind of potatoes or starch, and chicken blob. The Delta One seat space was tiny! Not like any picture I have seen before as I made my selection to fly Delta.
RouteTokyo Narita to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2018

"motivated and extremely attentive"

Not Verified | Dublin to New York JFK. The crew were caring, motivated and extremely attentive. On board my flight there was a small mix up of vegan and vegetarian meals, the crew noticed how I had received a vegan meal and not a vegetarian meal and within 60 seconds they handed me a vegetarian meal that was for everyone on board the flight! Refreshment’s were handed out on a regular basis but you could request at any time! Flight left 14 minute’s early and arrived 70 minute’s early! Everyone on board recieved a clean blanket and a pillow that was surprisingly comfortable! The entertainment was decent with lot’s of great music to listen too! A huge selection of movie’s and series was available with a flight-map! I would be extremely happy to fly Delta again.
RouteDublin to New York JFK

"Very poor service"

Not Verified | Flew Los Angeles to New York JFK with Delta Air Lines. Very poor service. I had to check in my only bag when everyone else had more then two. I also had to wait because the overhead compartment was broken which should of been taken care of before we got on the plane.
RouteLos Angeles to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Do not use this airline"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Boston. Awful! Do not fly with this company, yesterday on my way to Boston the flight was delayed, we boarded, there was no room for even routine carry on luggage, we waited on the plane for over an hour, then deplaned only to reboard 50 minutes later! Now I’m sitting here in Philadelphia, plane was supposed to depart at six and here I am at 6:36 writing this review, again after receiving notice that the carry ons will once again need to be checked in. Do not use this airline or things will never improve!
RoutePhiladelphia to Boston
Date FlownNovember 2018

"they wouldn’t serve peanuts"

Trip Verified | Milwaukee to Minneapolis. For the most part I have had good experiences with Delta. Except this last time. My daughter has a peanut allergy and I made sure to tell the lady at the front desk before we boarded the plane. She even let me board early to clean my 3 year olds area to prevent any reaction to the peanuts. She also told me that I would have nothing to worry about and they wouldn’t serve peanuts on the plane. I even told the flight attendants as I got on the plane. But, as the flight attendants are coming by with snacks I over heard her ask the lady across from me if she wanted peanuts. I then asked her if she was serving them. She turned red and realized she messed up. Peanut allergies are very serious. She came back and told me they would give me a 25 dollar Visa card to come to my email for the inconvenience. I think it was totally not responsible of the entire staff working considering I told everyone before boarding the plane.
RouteMilwaukee to Minneapolis

"absolutely disgusted"

Trip Verified | My fiancée and I booked what would have been a once-in-a-lifetime trip from Dulles-IAD through Atlanta to Key West, through Delta. We did everything in our power to make it right. We booked seven months in advance and showed up at the airport four hours early. But then Delta delayed our connecting flight causing us to arrive late to Atlanta, then they rescheduled, and rescheduled, and rescheduled, and changed the gate, and changed the gate, leaving us stranded wandering around Atlanta while they figured out they couldn't get us to our destination. After a day stuck in the Atlanta airport we finally manged to catch a redeye back to DC, only to have them lose all of our bags in the process. I would call their level of incompetence criminal, only criminals would be more organized than this. We're out thousands of dollars and absolutely disgusted. How can anyone be this disorganized? We will never fly again due to this experience.
AircraftMD-88
RouteDulles to Key West via Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2018

"forget any thoughts of sleeping"

Not Verified | Buy an expensive ticket or be prepared for your punishment! I have flown in a more comfortable fairground ride. You will be crammed with a seat pitch lower than that of a standard UK domestic flight. The seats are hard and forget any thoughts of sleeping if you are flying home from the USA. If you don’t buy an expensive seat everyone who boards ahead of you will ram the aisles so be prepared for a bore of a boarding process. Forget overhead locker space as Premium economy holders occupy the overhead lockers back to the wings. The staff are excellent with a good sense of humour and I had a good joke with them about how passengers are treated at ‘this end’ of the airplane. I accept that I paid a low fare and can expect cattle class but you will literally have less space than EU regulations require cattle to be afforded as they are transported to the abattoir. The worst part is that I actually booked a Virgin flight but apparently as a Virgin Partner its the luck of the drawer. It’s like going to an expensive concert only to find out it’s actually a tribute act! Oh My God, what have I done!
Aircraft767
RouteBoston to London

"older, worn down 767"

Trip Verified | Another older, worn down 767 on a Delta International Flight. That makes a perfect trifecta for the year, London, Paris and Narita/Singapore. All with run down 767's, full of flat hard cushions, broken USB ports, glitchy touch screens that take you 15 minutes to select a movie. Last week they only had enough meals for half of coach. They blamed it on the contractor who provides the meals, although it could have been caught if they had checked it. Their inability to board a flight on time probably precludes the Flight Attendants from being able to double check the "Contractors". Thank goodness for their partner airlines, like KLM, they have newer planes, and are much more pleasant to fly. I see no value in being a Diamond Medallion on Delta Airlines. Stick with the discount airlines, at least you know what you are getting. Signed, Delta Diamond.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Narita
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Food and service were decent"

Trip Verified | I always have mixed feelings about Delta's 767-300ER. It (and 767 in general) has the best economy seating arrangement of 2-3-2. However, the aircraft is loud and the overhead bins are small. IFE on this particular aircraft was good, with a nice selection of movies (this has been my positive impression about Delta). Food and service were decent, as expected from the airline. My flight was diverted due to bad weather in NYC (sounds familiar?), and this, of course, was not the airline's fault. In fact, the crew did a good job updating us about status and showed effort to get us to JFK as fast as they could.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER