Delta Air Lines

"Mixed bag. Crew was excellent"

Trip Verified | Mixed bag. Crew was excellent. Really tried hard to make up for an aircraft that was very old. Window shade, overhead light, remote - broken. Screen tiny. Pre-ordered meal pathetic. Wrapped cookie on the tray for dessert, no bread. I was so happy to have a wide body to Kona which is a rarity these days but the dinosaur they pulled out was in need of euthanasia. I only hope aircraft maintenance was better than the cabin. Truly the crew was embarrassed and constantly apologizing. I really felt bad for them. On the plus side, Wi-Fi occasionally worked but was not free as advertised.
AircraftBoeing 767–300
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to Kona
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"Very disappointed"

Not Verified | Our flight was to leave JFK on October 13th 2022 at 5pm and to arrive in Lisbon at 8am next day. We had hotel booked in Portugal and a business seminar scheduled for October 15th. All of a sudden our flight was delayed, and then delayed a 2nd time in which Delta offered a $500 voucher to me and my husband. By 3 am we were still in NY and then the flight got cancelled. We lost our hotel in Portugal but still had to pay for it, they booked us a flight in economy to Paris and then to Lisbon on the 14th and by the time we made it to Lisbon we had no bags. Our bags only showed up 3 days later. I filed a claimed and Delta thinks the $500 voucher is compensation enough. I am a yearly paying customer and reconsidering dropping them since that doesn't mean anything to them. Delta is only here to get your money and not caring for anything else. Very disappointed and going to file a second claim.
RouteOrlando to Lisbon via New York
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Seats were packed like egg-case"

Not Verified | Seats were packed like egg-case, I am a small person but everyone's shoulder was touching each other. Super uncomfortable. One less then average meal plus a sandwich before landing is not okay for a 9 hr flight. Only sport you can watch is golf, very strange. I don't think I will want to fly with Delta for a long while.
AircraftA330-900
RouteBangkok to San​ Francisco via Incheon & Seattle
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"have to call Delta 1800 number 4 times"

Trip Verified | Beware checked bag may not arrive with you at the final destination! I flew home from my Vacation only to find out that my checked bag never make it. At no point did Delta inform me that there was a problem or offer a solution to the problem. I have to call Delta 1800 number 4 times, each time around 30 minutes wait, only to be told that the bag never left CA and that they don't know why. If and when the bag arrive at the final Destination, then I have to call the 1800 number to verify that the bag arrived before heading to the airport. Delta apps does not reflect the reality. 2 Days after I return from my trip will I go to the airport and claim my bag..
RouteSan Jose to Augusta
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"getting on the plane was horrible"

Not Verified | We had absolutely amazing flight experience. However, we left Boston with 6 people out of 12 who had never flown 2 being infants and the experience getting on the plane was horrible. They were so rude to the people who were inexperienced flyers. We were shocked as 2 had infants and one was disabled.
RouteBoston to Millbury
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flight was absolutely great"

Not Verified | Despite the rudeness at the JFK airport, the flight to Jamaica was absolutely great! The flight attendants were very nice, and the snacks were delicious! They also had Coca-Cola. The TV on the airline was not the best, but everything else was great! Before we knew it, we had landed in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I highly recommend this airline!
RouteMontego Bay to New York
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I am exceptionally disappointed"

Trip Verified | I purchased this ticket in September 2022 and chose my seat. I received email confirmation. The day before this flight, I received a notice that the airplane would be changed, but there was no mention of the need to get a new seat assignment. When I checked in via phone, I received confirmation of checking in, but no indication of the need to choose a seat. When I arrived at the airport, I was shocked to discover that I no longer had a seat on the plan. After a long conversation with a very unhelpful and unsympathetic agent, he assigned me to a window seat in the very back of the plane. The plane was dirty, smelly, and only one of the video screens in our row actually worked, which made even more people angry. My daughter and grandson were told they didn't have seats on the plane at all and had to wait until the whole plane was loaded to be placed in random seats, so our party could not sit together. I am exceptionally disappointed in how I was treated. I purchased a seat, but for some reason, my purchase was not honored.
RouteOrlando to Minneapolis
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"hard products are fantastic"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I like Delta a lot especially amongst US legacy carriers. The hard products are fantastic, such as the free inflight wifi I am using to write this review now at 35000 feet. My international leg from Tokyo to Detroit was decent-comfortable comfort plus seat, entertainment and amenities. The crew aboard was an older team, hence just went through the motions without much personal touch. The meals on the international leg left a lot to be desired as it lacked quantity and substance. I was hungry. My second leg was nice too. Crew were very friendly, present and eager to provide customer service. Enjoyed the abundance of free snacks and drink rounds. I loved the Delta beer that is unique to only Delta. Overall, Delta has the ball on its operation and I appreciate all the investments they are making, which makes their service fairly consistent.
AircraftA350 / A321
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles via Detroit
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"disappointed with some crew members"

Trip Verified | As a loyal Delta customer I was a little disappointed with some crew members not being the nicest on this flight otherwise it would have been a usual five star delta rating. Check in at El Dorado was a breeze and people who work for Delta at the airport were quite nice. As usual I try to board the plane last if I fly economy in case there is an empty row and to my surprise half the flight was full so rather than sitting next to someone the lead flight attendant said I could sit anywhere and I sat behind the exit row. Prior to take off one of the crew members was quite rude to a Spanish speaking customer, made a comment about how he needed to learn English and kept on complaining to his co-worker how tired he was and this and that. Definitely not professional, and non the less rude especially considering you’re on a flight from Latin America to the United States. Every seat had a blanket and pillow, prior to take off we were provided with hand sanitizer, a small amenity kit with ear plugs and an eye mask and headphones. After take off drinks and a small snack consisting of a cold pastry with chicken, fruit and a chocolate were given out along with drinks including alcoholic beverages. In the back galley there were snacks for anyone who wasn’t asleep on this red eye. Aside from that crew member everyone else was very professional and nice as usual. There’s a good selection of movies and music but nothing had changed from what they had the month before when I flew to Bogota. Overall I would say 8/10.
AircraftBoeing 767-332ER
RouteBogota to New York
Date FlownDecember 2022

"never fly Delta Airlines again"

Not Verified | I gave up an assigned seat for a passenger traveling with his family in order that he could fly with his wife and two children. I was offered compensation of $500 and a full ticket to fly at a later date. I did receive the ticket, but only half the money. As of today's date of 20 January, 2023, I've only received $250 of the $500. I've contacted Delta Airlines over 18 times, and was told this morning it will probably be another 7 to 10 days before I hear back if Delta has resolve this problem. I will never fly Delta Airlines again, and if I have no other choice but to, I definitely will never volunteer to give up a seat to fly at a later date! This has been pain in the ass trying to collect the $250 owed to me, and I still haven't received the money!
RouteJackson to Jacksonville via Atlanta