Delta Air Lines

"Horrible customer service"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | Total failure. Horrible customer service in the LAX airport. Stayed in the line for 6 hours. Supervisor Omar even scared me with calling police regardless that i was with little baby stand in all day in the line because they had delayed and nobody could tell me if my flight is changed to other or no i just wanted to know what to do And left the desk telling us to go to the line again (6 hour line). Worst experience ever. Under his supervision when there were 100 people waiting were working only 3-4 desks however there were more then 10. Not giving any concrete answer to any question what to do when to come. Stayed in separate 4 lanes no any support solved the issue. Only one guy helped us after all day staying in different lanes before even they didn't know where who should stand
RouteLos Angeles to Paris

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Cancelled my connecting flight due to the cyberstrike issues and made me wait in a 4 hour line just to tell me at the front that I needed to scan a QR code to be put in their virtual line, where they actually let people in from. So waiting 4 hours in line meant nothing because I didn't scan their QR code since they didn't have any staff making anyone aware in line that there was a QR code that needed to be scanned. Worst customer service, all the employees were unhelpful and unempathetic, out of hotel vouchers and employees telling mothers in front of me that their children will have to sleep on the ground of the airport.
RouteSan Diego to Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2024

"I will never fly Delta again"

Not Verified | I will never fly Delta again. Never even took off. This is the 3rd time this year where there was no pilot. Flight got canceled and our bags were lost at the airport we never even left from. Delta is a joke and I’m cutting up my delta Amex card.
RouteDetroit to Charleston
Date FlownJuly 2024

"missed connection by multiple passengers"

Trip Verified | Was noted on 2.5 hrs prior to flight departure that plane had been delayed 30 minutes without an explanation. Our connecting flight was only 1 hr reducing it 30 minutes. We later landed late for our connecting flight resulting in a missed connection by multiple passengers. Airline offered a flight 18 hours later without any accommodations, coverage of meals, etc. Deltas only solution was a $50 voucher for each passenger for a future flight. Why would I fly with a company that can’t get it right the first several times? After talking with other passengers who had missed their connection, we found out this is a daily occurrence on this particular route as they and us had experienced the exact same thing on our outbound flight just didn’t miss our connection as we were waiting on a pilot.
RouteKansas City to Escanaba via Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2024

"I’m disgusted and appalled"

Not Verified | I was sitting in the third to last row in the plane with a sleeping child in my lap. We waited for everyone to leave the plane post landing to not hold up the line with getting our bags out with a sleeping toddler. The plane landed 10 mins early at 9:50am. After everything was clear, I started getting my 3 carryon bags ready while giving my sleeping toddler to my mother to hold. Immediately the flight attendant rolled her eyes and said, “are you done yet?” I paused after gathering my things and said “I had a sleeping child on my lap, I couldn’t move.” The flight attendant disrespectfully responded, “we have a time to follow.” I proceeded to take out all 3 carry on bags by myself as she stood there and watched. I felt greatly disrespected and unfortunately don’t feel safe flying Delta as they are not conducive to young families who are traveling. I’m disgusted and appalled, my toddler was upset and crying after all the commotion.
RouteTampa to New York JFK
Date FlownJuly 2024

"They ruined a great trip"

Trip Verified | It took 45 minutes to check our bags. We were late for our flight and left in Montreal. Then a representative threatened to not put me on a flight at all. No one from Delta was even around to ask for help after an hour. An airport rep had to find a Delta employee. Online and phone support was useless. It wasn't until I was back in the US did they even want want to help. Don't fly Delta! They ruined a great trip.
RouteMontreal to San Antonio via Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2024

"scruffy and grumpy flight attendants"

Trip Verified | I flew from Zurich to Nashville and return during June. The flight is over 10 hours. On the flight to Atlanta we were fed one very small meal at the start of the flight and then an inedible soggy, partially cooked pizza pocket towards the end of the flight. The flight left late and on arrival we spent an hour getting through security to transfer to our Nashville flight. We had one tiny bowl of pasta in over 13 hours. This was a day time flight and was sold as a full service flight, yet we were hardly fed. Delta should advise economy passengers to bring their own food. The return flight was an overnight flight so the paucity of food did not affect us so much. But on this flight my husband's entertainment screen did not work, although one staff member did try to rectify this. The lady who checked us in in Nashville was slovenly and unkept. Her hair was all over the place and not brushed and her clothes were too small and not ironed. Generally, the flight staff were badly presented (sadly, the uniform does them no favours), rude and appeared to have no pride in their work. They just shoved the meals at passengers and gave the impression that we were an inconvenience. I have travelled on many airlines and have never seen such scruffy and grumpy flight attendants. In contrast, the gentleman who checked us in at Zurich Airport was professional, well presented, helpful and friendly.
RouteZurich to Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2024

"This travel was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | This travel was a nightmare. Due to technical issues with flight, staff started deplaning people because at the time of boarding, Flight captain said that there was problem with tyre. 1 hour later, staff informed that we will switch to another plane. We took off at 10 when plan was supposed to leave at 7:21 PM. I lost my next connecting flight, so had to stay in Atlanta overnight. Airline gave option for meal and motel, so kind of them but they don't have wisdom to understand that many people travel for business or work. And for them, meal voucher, motel is not priority but Time is priority. Next day flight again delayed from 9:16 am to 10 Am. Great. Then that Front desk staff asked me to get my Duffle bag tagged because there is no space in cabin. I explained to him, that this is not hand carry, a duffle bag, can fit under my seat as its soft and can fit in little space. First of all, he acted stubborn, yelled at me, closed the entry door and called security on me because I am not giving my bag to tag, even I explained that I am scared that I will get my bag damaged. As 2 months ago, They mishandled my hand carry , broke wheels and damaged my stuff inside. I had to literally drag that heavy hand carry. Flight attendants never had problem with me to put that bag under seat. What was the point of all this fuss.
RouteJackson to Daytona Beach via Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2024

"disrespect of an employee of your company"

Trip Verified | June 30/24, second flight Bogota-Atlanta, Delta 983. The plane landed in Atlanta early, but it took them about an hour to open the door. I was very worried because I didn't want to miss my connecting flight to Greenville, SC. ​​I saw a couple with a baby pass by my seat looking for the exit and I went after them. At that moment, one of the flight attendants arrives and yells at me loudly and in a disrespectful tone, "Ma'am! Where do you think you're going?" He took my suitcase from me, I explained the situation to him, but he continued to be furious and yelled at me to go to your seat and something else that I don't remember. I was in row 28, in row 26 there was a lady, who I believe works for the airline, because 80% of the time during the flight she was standing and talking and laughing with the flight attendants. When I passed my seat, the lady also in a contemptuous tone yelled at me "where do you think you're going, mommy!" and I replied, "I think you look prettier when you're quiet," and I continued to my seat. The lady in seat 26 and those in row 27 began to make fun of me for the situation. I didn't say anything. I'm not a person who fights, and I'm also a person over 67 years old. You can't imagine how bad I felt as a person, being the laughing stock of so many people, because of the disrespect of an employee of your company. I never want to fly again with your company, I can't understand what training your employees have, what's going on with human resources?
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteCali to Greenville via Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2024

"not book with Delta again"

Trip Verified | We were almost at the airport for an international trip when I got a text from Delta saying they had canceled our flight and that they could not rebook us. They offered a credit on a future flight (!?!). This has never happened to me in 30+ years of international travel. We had to get to our destination that day. In the taxi, I was able to book tickets on another airline, leaving from another airport. Needless to say it was expensive to do so. Plus, getting from the first airport to the second meant a taxi fare of almost $200 USD. We phoned and insisted on a refund rather than the credit. The agent we spoke to did provide the refund. Nevertheless, I will not book with Delta again.
RouteNew York to Montreal