Delta Air Lines

"Will never fly them again"

Trip Verified | Bozeman to San Diego via Salt Lake City. Purchased two one-way flights on a single ticket purchase. Upon informing them I would not travel on the first leg, they told me the second leg (returning from a different city) would be cancelled. Delta said I would have to repurchase another ticket of the same route (even though I already have a paid return ticket) at an additional full one way fare. Will never fly them again.
RouteBozeman to San Diego via Salt Lake City

"a curt, rude attitude"

Trip Verified | Washington to Salt Lake City. Every staff member we have interacted with today has a curt, rude attitude. Delta seems to have a negative company culture. Not only have they been rude to us but they are rude and unkind to each other. My husband was not given a seat assignment even though we checked in at the same time. At the gate he asked for a seat, but the staff were discourteous and bickering in front of him. .
RouteWashington to Salt Lake City
Date FlownMay 2019

"will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | New York to Miami. What an awful experience we had. I have purchased first class ticket on DL and paid fortune for it. In addition to that, DL charges $125 for pet in a cabin, which I happily paid. I took our small bird with us. Check-in staff was nice but flight attendant was worst possible, night mear that you cannot even imagine about. I was in a seat 3A, first thing she mention to other passenger next to me was “I have seen it all, but in 40 years I never experienced bird in a cabin” She was so nasty and so awful. She than asked what we wish to drink. I kindly ordered orange juice. Lady next to me got her water and my juice never arrived. Instead i got nasty looks every time she passed by. She was giving me terrible looks and passed by. Perhaps she hated guys with pets and hates everyone who is not up to her likings. She made sure I comply with a rule and place the bird under the seat, which is fine. She could at least be kind. I have never seen so much nastiness towards first class passengers We are returning to NY next week and will never fly Delta again. Congrats for hating your passengers Delta and well done on training your crew so well.
AircraftAirbus 320
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNew York to Miami
Date FlownMay 2019

"workers have such an attitude"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Fort Walton via Atlanta, Attendant at check-in was extremely rude. When she finished informing me that I would not be able to fly without my pet due to extreme heat temperatures, I asked her when the next flight would be and she got extremely confrontational and asked me why I was interrupting her. I was so shocked I said, "please finish," and she got an even worse attitude with me. I fully understand the flight regulations on pets with temperatures above 80F and simply asked when the next flight would be. I am active military and honestly would never select to fly with Delta again if it weren't for them accommodating military with pets. It's a shame their workers have such an attitude when asked simple questions.
RouteAmsterdam to Fort Walton via Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Raleigh via Orlando. Rules said one carry-on. I spent $60 to check in a bag smaller than most others carry-ons. Other people have two to three carry-ons that they are allowed to check at the gate and have waiting for them when they got off the plane for no charge. This was ridiculous, for this reason I will never fly Delta again.
RouteChicago to Raleigh via Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"I will never fly Delta again"

Not Verified | Our travels via Delta were very unsatisfactory - said we were too late to check luggage (unpublicized baggage check cut off), missed first leg. Then wouldn't give us the credit card free bag deal, but the kicker was that when I flew (separately) from Atlanta to Boston on a cheap seat, I knew I would be at the end of the line. OK. Got a seat assignment - surely middle - but as I was to board the gate person said 'wait, your seat has been changed' and gave me a piece of paper with the new seat. No big deal I thought. Went to rear of plane and had trouble finding my seat-window seat - a 300 lb woman was in the middle seat! I managed to get into my mouse trap seat, she was friendly, I was OK, but later I realized that my middle seat a few rows ahead had been taken-likely a window person decided not to be shoe horned into 'my seat' and sit next to this woman (she was a nice person and clearly knew she was a 'customer of size' but I didn't see any point of being unpleasant). But that Delta would regard me of having no merit-that they'd seize my seat for another 'higher ranking customer' is beyond belief. It was only a 2 hour flight to Boston but I would likely have had to wet my pants if I needed to get to the restroom-so impossible was it to get out of my mouse trap. I will never fly Delta again. First choice: Southwest, second Air Alaska, third Jet Blue. Legacy airlines like Delta and United are terrible today. Avoid them.
RouteAtlanta to Boston Logan

"Delays, delays, delays"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Atlanta. Delta used to be good but their service has completely deteriorated. Delays, delays, delays is all I have to say. Choose another airline. I'm strongly considering cancelling my credit card with them and moving to another more dependable airline. If I could give 0, I certainly would. And to add injury to insult they tried to upgrade me to first class on a Republic Airlines flight.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RoutePhiladelphia to Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2019

"they ask us to check bags"

Not Verified | Atlanta to Missouri. Both of my flights were late going to and from my destinations, I almost missed my connecting flight. The seats are to small (while leg room is sufficient) the actual seat does not comfortably fit someone with adult hips. The wifi does not work on the plane, even after we are at 10,000 feet. The staff is rude, I understand that this job is stressful, but customer service requires a smile, a hello, and how may I help you. Not eye rolls and dismissive comments. Lastly, on every Delta flight I have ever been on they ask us to check bags, even though my bag is small enough to fit on the overhead. I understand it's to speed up the process, but Delta, you need to find another way because that is very inconvenient. I do not want to wait at baggage claim if I made the effort to pack light. We pay way to much for these tickets for this poor level of service.
RouteAtlanta to Missouri

"stay away from Delta"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris. This flight that I book for my son, I book through costumer service, and I was told that in the ticket is one check bag and one carry on, and $125 for the pet under the seat. When I received the email I saw that wasn’t the check in bag, I call back to make sure and they told me no its not showing but it’s included, and I ask for email confirmation. When I went in the airport with my son they told me no it’s not included, I paid $60 so my son can go in the flight and to travel, when I call they was tranfering me always, I was 45 minutes on the line, when my son went in Greece the bag wasn’t in the airplane, they said it’s Air France fault, they left in France, after 12 hours when he went to pick up the bag the bag was on delta flight. Very disappointed, very expensive flight and no responsible people, costumer service bad, airport arrogant people. This is not Delta used to be, stay away from Delta.
RouteNew York to Athens via Paris

"unbothered and nonchalant"

Trip Verified | Greenville to Amsterdam via Atlanta. This has to be the worst airline ever. Super unprofessional, unbothered and nonchalant. We missed our international flights and little to nothing was done to ensure we were in good hands. Called the 855 number and the agents seemed to be in a rush to book us in whatever flight they could find, no seat number, no idea where our checked bags were as the “track my bags” section in the app doesn’t work. This was my first time flying Delta and I am never doing it again. I’m super, super mad!
RouteGreenville to Amsterdam via Atlanta