Delta Air Lines

Customer rating from 1933 reviews

"a $50 hotel room to wait an entire day"

Trip Verified | I booked with Delta through hotwire. I had never used Delta before but it was the only airline that didn't have a 6am return flight. I was traveling with my boyfriend and 3 yr old son. First, I booked the flight and car. All the funds were pending. When it actually charged my card, I noticed it was 1 plane ticket less. I thought maybe they changed something due to my son's age, cool. So I questioned whether he would be allowed a carryon or not. The website says its based on price. Seeing as to how I wasn't sure what happened with the ticket prices, I figured I'd call to find out. I spent 9 HOURS to ask this simple question. 5 hours on hold waiting for someone to answer before I gave up, and 4 hours trying to use the online chat. Finally, I got someone, gave them the ticket number (which I figured they would say something if they missed the charge), they said yes to the carry on. Then we get to the airport. We're carrying our bags, a carseat, a stroller and a child. We were rushed through everything as if we were an inconvenience (ok whatever). We get to the gate and wait. Then our flight was delayed due to a mechanical issue with the a/c. For 2+ hours. We missed our connecting flight in Atlanta. At this point I'm stressed, but think "better safe than sorry, things happen". Flight back: again, rushed through security. Get to the gate. Wait. Another delay. Mechanical issue with the a/c unit. What are the chances? Again, waiting hours to get on the plane and missing our connecting flight home. Here's the kicker, it was the last flight from Minneapolis to Milwaukee that day so we were not getting home. They searched for options and said we can maybe get you on tomorrow but all of tomorrow's flights are booked up so we'll put you on standby and hopefully you get something. They put us in a hotel in Minneapolis for the night. I had thrown away a bunch of stuff that I didn't think we needed anymore; toothbrushes, toothpaste, trial sizes of deodorant, all of the toiletries. So we had none of that. Ok now we go to the airport again to see if we can get on a plane. They luckily said yes, gave us tickets. We wait. They announce the flight was overbooked and offered $400 for someone to take a later flight. No one took it. Eventually they landed on $600 and someone gave in. $600? I got a $50 hotel room to wait an entire day. Moving on, we go to board and they gave each of us separate seats. I asked if there was a way my 3yr old could sit by either myself or my boyfriend and they said I could figure it out myself. Finally, an attendant on the plane helped me switch seats with another rider so my toddler didn't have to sit with a stranger. We got home and I was just relieved to have it all over with. Then I check my bank account 5 days later and Delta charged me another $438.40!
RouteFt Lauderdale to Minneapolis

"trip ruined by Delta"

Not Verified | They delayed our trip an hour and a half over a seat that wouldn't stay in the upright position. This seat was not being used. It caused a minimum of 10 passengers to miss their international connections. Including myself and my significant other.. The longer we sat there the more people deplaned, the more they had to wait to remove their checked luggage. We lost an entire vacation package we prepared for a year in advance over this stupid seat issue. It was the only flight going out all day. My first international trip ruined by Delta. Your measly $250 voucher won't pay for my lost $3k trip.
Date FlownMay 2021

"I’ve had better experiences with Spirit Airlines"

Not Verified | I will never fly Delta again. I’ve been a loyal Delta customer for years. I purchase three tickets on my credit card with my skymiles number. I tried to cancel one of the flights after being on hold for nearly 20 hours in a single week! Then end result was the Delta customer service supervisor saying that the ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. I did not buy a basic economy ticket. They are treating me like I bought the cheapest ticket I could on Expedia. I’ve had better experiences with Spirit Airlines. What a terribly run corporation. There are too many travel options to treat customers this way.
RouteDetroit to Las Vegas
Date FlownMay 2021

"they personally tried to ruin this trip"

Not Verified | At every turn I was turned away and I felt they personally tried to ruin this trip. First of all, they delayed my departure flight weeks before my trip. I was able to move to an earlier flight so that I can still be able to work in the morning. Second, Delta delayed my arrival flight right when I got myself to the airport by an hour. Then further kept delaying it to the point that I sat around in the airport of 5 hours waiting. Delta delayed enough resulting in me having to change to a new connecting flight. Flight DL2525 somehow still managed to arrive late compared to its new stated time. Nobody was surprised. Finally, this major delay resulted in me having about 20 mins to get to my connecting flight. I took the shuttle and run across the airport. The gate is open and people are in line. I think I’m in luck. I ask the attendant to allow me in she says “I’m sorry” and tells the attendant “close the gate”. I truly had the door slammed in my face. I still haven’t arrived to my location and who knows what hoops I’ll have to jump to get eventually home. Delta needs to get organized until then I will need pure luck to get home.
RouteDenver to Key West via Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2021

"we had to buy all new tickets"

Not Verified | We had not gotten a ticket for our 2 year old because she was going to sit on our laps. The people working for the airline decided to make us wait until we couldn't make our flight and then told us we had to buy all new tickets. Talk about greed. My wife or I could have at least made the other flight so we wouldn't have had to buy all new tickets. Unbelievable. This is not the way to treat your customers Delta. I will not be recommending you to anyone.
RouteMinneapolis to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2021

"there were many people with masks down"

Not Verified | Just flew today from Las Vegas to Minneapolis on Delta flight DL1594. It was a full flight. Delta flight crew keeps announcing that they are implementing the federal mask mandate but during our flight, there were many people with masks down. The passenger seated next to me only put his mask on for only 30 minutes during the entire 2.5 hours flight. Other passengers around us also were not wearing masks during the flight. The Detroit based flight crew just kept passing by these non-masked passengers without telling them to put on their masks. They were just turning a blind eye on passengers who do not want to put on their masks. We felt very unsafe during the flight. Delta flight crew does not really care about health & safety of their customers especially during this time of pandemic.
RouteLas Vegas to Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2021

"will never travel through them again"

Not Verified | I recently had a trip to Kansas City from Albany. The experience was horrible. I suffer from a panic disorder. So I decided to take a leap of faith and take this trip. My flight was delayed by 2 hours with an email the night before at 10pm when i was due to travel at 530am. When i landed on Detroit i was told my 2nd flight was already gone. So i was stuck there for 3 hours. Then they finally found me a flight from Detroit to Minnesota. Then i had to wait 7 hours at the Minnesota airport for my next flight to Kansas. The people were rude and not very verbal. No sense of compassion. I will never travel through them again specially in my condition.
RouteAlbany to Kansas City
Date FlownApril 2021

"What garbage this airline is"

Trip Verified | Just booked a specific flight for a specific time and price. Realizing I would be paying more for a flight that had a shorter layover and better departure times, I paid for the higher priced flight. But guess what? Delta modified my flight to have a 3 hour layover instead of the one hour and instead of leaving at 12:45PM, I am getting up at 0-dark-thirty to catch my early flight because Delta decided to carve a huge portion of time out of my vacation to suit their needs. My favorite part is the 7 hour wait for their customer service. What garbage this airline is. I'm cancelling my AMEX which I use to earn Delta miles and going somewhere else.
RouteSeattle to Rapid City
Date FlownMay 2020

"I've currently been on hold for 4 hours and still holding"

Not Verified | My son is an AirForce-man who is getting ready to leave the country. We were supposed to be leaving this morning to visit and pick up his car. Our flight was scheduled for take off at 7.40am. Well I'm at work and I get a text that says my flight to ATL, GA has been canceled due to inclement weather. Ok fine so I go search for other available flights, there's none. Ok how are we going to see my son and spend time with him before he leaves the country? I called Delta customer service line and the recording stated the hold time would be just under 2 hours, I've currently been on hold for 4 hours and still holding. This is absolutely ridiculous. I want a refund and I want to tell you how you have ruined my trip! I will never fly Delta again. This airline already has a very bad reputation anyways and I see why. You should be ashamed of yourself for the inconvenience this has caused me and my family. Now we'll have to drive there and back.
RouteMemphis to Atlanta

"Customer Service stinks"

Not Verified | I haven't even flown the flight yet and already, I can say, Delta Customer Service stinks. I've called 5 times to change my flight day to no avail. Wait time 4 to 5 hours. Sometimes they don't even give a wait time so I hang on the line for a half hour and finally give up. When I try to go onto their website, it doesn't work either with my name and password. I expect Delta will soon go the way of PSA and Continental as has-beens'. Good riddance when it happens. I'll never fly them again.
RouteLos Angeles to Kona