Delta Air Lines

"rudeness of the staff"

Trip Verified | Entered the plane an hour late had seat 14d. The stewardess told me there wasn’t a place to put bag except in back of plane. Was rude and insisted to move faster. I went back and then had to bump slide and grind my way back to the seat. When I arrived she asked about my back pack which I just learn my seat didn’t have stow away. Finally another guest went out of her way to help. Very shocked at the whole process and rudeness of the staff. Never have I ever experienced a flight attendant talk or handle a simple act like this.
RouteAtlanta to Ft :auderdale
Date FlownNovember 2021

"missed my connection in Detroit"

Not Verified | Unacceptable. I missed my connection in Detroit because it took too long to offboard folks from our first flight to Westchester to Detroit. Then with a poker face the Delta representative tells me that “sadly” the next flight I’m booked on now is in 8 hours! Doesn’t offer any type of compensation. In Europe, when you are delayed by over 3 hours you get compensated, I don’t understand why not in this case.
RouteWest Chester County to Seattle via Detroit
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"conscientious, friendly, professional service"

Trip Verified | Wait times for checking baggage at San Antonio were minimal, and Delta staff there were helpful and personable. The flight to Atlanta was on a clean, modern jet with ample space (Comfort+) and conscientious, friendly, professional service. Even had in-flight entertainment for a flight that took less than two hours. No serious complaints for an airline with which I have rarely had negative experiences over the years - from the perspective of being an actual customer of the airline. However, I have a few suggestions for some of their hubs: they could stand to work with the Atlanta airport authority to modernize ATL and enforce standards of cleanliness, to update the airport from 1999 to the modern era and to make it a truly world-class airport rather than the busiest. Delta has the onus since Atlanta is their headquarters and primary global hub, and nearly 75% of all passengers arriving into and departing from Atlanta are using Delta. Delta should also work with the Seattle airport authority for the same thing. A significant share of passengers in Seattle also use Delta, as they are the airline's hub for the Northwest.
RouteSan Antonio to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"seat was very uncomfortable"

Not Verified | The seat was very uncomfortable, snack for purchase only. Old plane, entertainment system failed and had to be rebooted, my entertainment system did not work (could be I did not work it properly). I chose comfort plus when booking flight but on the return trip I was in the main cabin. It would not let me select comfort plus seat that was x'ed out but not occupied. When I called they just said your are in a mixed cabin (whatever that means). The receipt did not show the breakdown of cost, all I know is I booked for comfort plus. Going to LAX I was in comfort plus and returned in economy and there wasn't much difference.
RouteHonolulu to London via Los Angeles

"Rude inflight crew"

Trip Verified | Rude inflight crew. The inflight crew was rude, loud, not helpful and borderline insulting. In the service industry it’s important to have friendly and professional customer service which was grossly lacking.
RouteNew York to Houston
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never been so aggravated in my life"

Not Verified | I have an upcoming flight in October 2022. I have called to speak to someone to get some information about changes that were made by the airline. I first called and was told that the wait was 14 minutes and they could call me back without me loosing my place in line, so I did that. 25 minutes later I called back because no one called me. I have now been on hold for what was originally said to be 14 minutes then changed to 21 and then the recording said I was being transferred to an agent and I have now been listening to the agents in the back ground talking to each other, I presume, for the last 45 minutes and no one has answered my call yet. I can hear them talking and someone moving around close by. I have screamed hello into the phone multiple times to no avail. I have never been so aggravated in my life. Is there even such a thing as customer service any longer. I also left my thoughts on the phone call just in case it really was being recorded like it says, but I am sure no one will ever hear it. This along with many other reasons is why I like to fly SWA. At least they do have customer service.
RouteChicago to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"They wouldn’t let me on the plane"

Trip Verified | I’ve been with Delta for 35 years and was a medallion member. My plane at LAS was delayed for 1 hour for a minor technical difficulty. Asked the flight attendant and the arrival gate attendant to let the connecting gate know I would be late, but would be there before departure. They both said the departure gate wouldn’t listen so no point. I made it to the connecting gate 10 min before departure and watched them close the door. They wouldn’t let me on the plane. We’re all just cattle to delta these days. May as well just go with the best, cheapest flight when I travel from now on. If I’m just a commodity, so is Delta. FYI, the ticket photo I uploaded was for the flight they rebooked me on before I even landed in ATL even though the told the Delta app not to change my flight.
RouteLas Vegas to Ft Myers via Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"require you to have an American Express card"

Trip Verified | I flew on a first class "Sky Priority" ticket, and as such went to the Sky Lounge in Atlanta. Mind you, I recall an email where they said they'd updated their rules, so I stopped at the door and read the rules on the sign. I saw nothing that seemed to apply to me, so along with other passengers I trekked up the 4 flights to the desk, where I was promptly rejected and told to leave. It turns out that they now require you to have an American Express card, and I was offered the chance to apply, or get out. So I left- I don't want or need more credit cards in my life. Don't get me wrong either, the staff were friendly and professional, and obviously caught in the crappy position of rejecting formerly qualified customers. I don't care that they changed the rules, business is business. I do mind that I was publicly embarrassed when it could have simply been posted at the door. I sat in the concourse nearby to see if it was happening to others and counted 12 other passengers who entered, and came back out looking embarrassed and/or angry. Is it Delta's policy to subject their employees to angry, surprised, embarrassed passengers? And is it their policy to make us resent flying with them? Because that's what's happening with this arbitrary oversight. Put updated signs on the doors, save us all some headaches. Oh, and get rid of the "sky priority" language, maybe it should say "sky priority, but only with a Mastercard" or something stupid like that. Thanks,
RouteFt Myers to Dayton via Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"a total waste and disappointment"

Not Verified | We paid for four comfort plus airfare tickets to Hawaii on August 26, 2022 and four 1st class tickets September 6, 2022 on our return flight to Salt Lake. The outbound flight in Comfort Plus offered pillows, blankets and food for purchase. In contrast, on our overnight return flight from Lihue to Seattle, they ran out of food and had no pillows or blankets for 1st class. We seriously feel that the additional cost we paid for 1st class was a total waste and disappointment. The flight attendant apologized and did make an effort to scrounge up some snacks. The cost of 1st class is exorbitant for senior citizens and failed to meet our expectations in this case.
RouteSalt Lake City to Lihue
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"the worst flight and experience I have ever had with Delta"

Trip Verified | This was the worst flight and experience I have ever had with Delta. I fly very often with them spending good money. I decided to take my parents and family with me out of town for my birthday along with my 1 year old daughter. This has turned out to be the worst trip ever, been in Atlanta airport with all of my family which is 6 adults plus my daughter for 3 going on 4 hours now, there is no telling how long we will be here with a cranky 1 year old and an older mom and dad that’s in their 60’s, I’m so over this after spending 12 grand with you all in flights out of my own pocket with no compensation or anything, this is horrible, I mean horrible. I am still currently sitting here at this moment of writing this message.
RouteMiami to Augusta