Delta Air Lines

"Their incompetence is horrible"

Not Verified | Check in at XNA was horrible. They tried to tell me my vaccination in April didn't qualify because the most it could be was 12 months. What? Then, our plane in Atlanta that had sat there all day when maintenance could have been performed was deemed to be unworthy to fly. They waited 5 hours for another plane and wouldn’t help us transfer to other flights. They did “rebook” our adjoining flights we were missing. Then, when we got to that flight, we were not booked. We ended up with 12 more hours of 2 more flights and missed the entire first days’ events. I hope I never have to fly Delta again. Their incompetence is horrible. I usually fly United. Now I know why.
RouteNorthwest Arkansas to Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2021

"check-in luggage were missing"

Trip Verified | I flew with Delta - my first and last time ever - in September 2021. I arrived to JFK Queens NY and both of my check-in luggage were missing. Eventually, one arrived a few days later (I have no idea how it ended up in London) and the other one is lost or stolen. Its now October 14 and Delta decided to give me $380 ONLY. It had clothes gifts shoes handbags worth more than this. Never again. My friend even told me you should've never flown with Delta, they're known to lose bags. Should have listened.
RouteBeirut to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the most stressful flight ever"

Not Verified | Going from Michigan was great. On the way back from Miami was a whole other experience!!! So many people either with no mask on or not on correctly. People on their phones stressed. There was no sense of necessity about anyone really wearing their mask. By far the most stressful flight ever.
RouteMiami to Detroit
Date FlownOctober 2021

"apologized for our bad experience"

Not Verified | We booked a four day vacation do Denver, from Michigan, through Expedia.com. The flight there was with Frontier, we were not impressed. We were charged for checked luggage at the airport which we did not have; they refused to help us, the only way was to pay an additional $141, then we couldn't sit next to each other. On the way back from Denver, the flight was full with Delta. We had to get our seat assignment at the gate, and when we did the women told us that we could not sit together, yet again on this trip. One we boarded the aircraft, I asked a flight attendant if he could assist us. Once we were in the air, Blair was able to accommodate us, we not only got to finish our vacation sitting next to each other but he also hooked us up with some complimentary drinks and apologized for our bad experience.
RouteDenver to Detroit
Date FlownOctober 2021

"will use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Southwest flights all canceled, found a very reasonable $ flight on Delta. Unheard of when purchasing on the day of the flight. Seat assignment- yikes middle seats open, before boarding the agent at the gate called me up and found an aisle seat. Great flight, made our connection, will use this airline again!
RouteMinneapolis to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Delta is always a poor experience"

Trip Verified | Delta is always a poor experience, no seat assignment until you get to the gate and then once you get to the gate the staff are completely rude, and offensive. I fly thousands of miles every year normally on United where the service is so much better I avoid Delta whenever possible and today I am reminded again why. Who likes to be treated with disdain and an inconvenience. Apparently the Delta staff have forgotten that I pay for their rent every time I purchase a ticket. You would so well to train your staff to practice the art of kindness when dealing with your customers. I’d rather fly indirect than fly Delta direct it’s awful experience every time.
RouteSalt Lake City to Redmond
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Delta has not provided any assistance"

Trip Verified | I purchased tickets through Alitalia for the Alitalia/Delta partnership with economy ticket seats for travel between Boston and New York JFK and premium ticket seats for the transatlantic flights between New York and Rome Italy. The transatlantic flights were to be on Alitalia, however on September 1 with a hurricane approaching the northeast coast forced a closure of JFK NY airport. As a result Delta offered an alternative flight from Boston to Amsterdam and then to my final destination, Rome. This avoided New York and the hurricane altogether. I thought my departure and arrival problems were resolved until: 1) Although I paid for a premium transatlantic seat, I was given an economy seat. I specifically asked the attendant at the boarding gate to confirm that I had a premium seat. He said I did which was not true and I discovered this after I boarded the plane. Therefore, I can only conclude that the individual at the desk either outright lied or was completely incompetent. Either way he did not care one bit about the customer. 2) Delta delayed my luggage. I arrived in Rome on Thursday. I did not receive my luggage until the following Monday. 3) I tried to get a partial reimbursement from Delta for the cost difference between the economy seat and the premium seat. They have told me that although they were the ones who made the mistake, they could not provide a partial refund and that I would need to go through Alitalia. To date Delta has not provided any assistance in obtaining my partial refund. In fact they have only wasted my time with numerous phone calls with very lengthy waiting time on the phone. Lastly, it took them more then a week to get back to me and tell me that Delta could not help and that I must go through Alitalia. The representative on the phone chose to argue with me rather than help. I was neither rude nor aggressive on the phone since I know that would not have helped. I am still waiting to hear back from Delta or Alitalia. No refund yet. At present I will choose not to fly Delta and that will hold true for Alitalia since they are going out of business in the near future. To be continued.
RouteBoston to Rome via New York JFK and Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Way to control COVID Delta"

Not Verified | How does it make any sense for Delta to switch seats that you have chosen in advance and put some random person between you and your family members. How could you possibly know if that person you are putting next to us is ill or carrying a virus. Three of us flying together and they moved all of us in different seats away from each other to sit next to strangers. Way to control COVID Delta.
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Never flying Delta again."

Not Verified | Last two times I have booked with Delta my flight has either been cancelled forcing me to go with much more expensive option or cancelled and changed out with much less desirable flight. I went from having a roundtrip non-stop flight to having stops both ways and about 8 hours added to my trip. When I tried to get assistance for this their response was pretty much too bad, its out of our control. Mind you they have non-stop flights for those exact dates with only like 2 hour difference, but they decided to give a much less desirable flight and all they could offer me was changing to a non-stop flight 3 days later for an extra $100. Never flying Delta again.
RouteSeattle to Boston

"No one is helpful"

Not Verified | I will never fly through Delta again. Nor will I use Detroit Metro Airport to fly. We missed our flight back from Hawaii to Michigan. Our baggage stayed on that flight. It arrived at 7am in the morning and they put it in an office for us. We took another flight back, got in at 1p. We came to pick up both of our suitcases (2 of them), and 1 of them were not there. They have no clue what happened to it. They tells use only 3 people have access to where the bags were that day. Not a single one of them know what happened to the bag. They tell us there are no cameras. They tell us there is nothing they can do for us. Jackie at Detroit metro airport Delta lost baggage was helpful. But she was also useless. She literally told me at one point that it's possible it grew legs and walked out because no one here would steal it. We filed a claim. We filed a police report. Nothing. No one is helpful. They just give false possibilities.
RouteDetroit to Hawaii via Detroit