Delta Air Lines

"Extremely poor service"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Atlanta. First when boarding 3 times we had to stop Delta representatives from tagging our bags with the wrong tags. When we boarded the flight it was blowing hot air into the cabin. Once the flight began the wifi took an hour to come up and while trying to watch a movie I finally gave up. First the movie shut off and wouldn't restart. The second movie kept freezing and 2 attempts later I gave in. Once we were on the ground the baggage handling crew didn't get not only our bag but also 4 other family's bags off the plane in time to be able to clear customs and make our connecting flight. When we informed the gate representative of the situation they sent us to a help desk that was closed. After raising a little sand we were finally given a supervisor that basically said that they couldn't help us. That security goes home at 8pm and you are just or of luck. Extremely poor service, extremely poorly handled by delta reps on the ground. Not acceptable for a company that proved itself to be worthless and overall not helpful at their national headquarters and main hub of Atlanta.
RouteSan Jose to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"boarding staff extremely rude"

Trip Verified | Knoxville to Atlanta, DL3302. Plane is good enough. However the boarding staff are extremely rude. They don’t know how to speak with the passengers. They need strict training on how to speak and deal with the passengers. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteKnoxville to Atlanta

"Very disappointed"

Not Verified | Very disappointed with our Delta flight at Detroit. We were held up in customs because there were not enough officers to get people through in a timely manner. Then, we arrived at our gate and Constance (a supervisor) would not let us board the plane even though we had gone through security, through customs—and our plane was still sitting at the end of the jetway! We were frantic—but she would not let us board! Instead, we waited 6hrs for another flight. Does not make sense why this happened.
RouteDetroit to Green Bay

"Annoying airline"

Trip Verified | Houston to Toronto via Atlanta. The guys distributing the food ignored me once, ignored me twice, upon asking they ignored me again. When an air-hostess came to pick up garbage I had to ask her for food again and finally the food was served. Also, before the flight departed they asked all the passengers to get their carry-on trolley-bags to be checked-in, I had to do the same with only one trolley bag. Later, I found that the seat carry-on cabins had plenty of space everywhere! Annoying airline in simple words!
RouteHouston to Toronto via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Had to run from one end of the airport to the opposite end as I took a Delta flight from Austin TX to Salt Lake and then a jump flight to Portland. I had 10 minutes to make the jump flight due to a slight delay of when we landed. When finally making it to the plane I asked two flight attendants on the plane how long the flight is, one of the guys answered with “hello” in a condensing tone. I responded with the same question, how long is the flight (I was not rude but tired and out of breath), his response with an absolutely rude and condescending smile was “hello”. Then both the lady attendant and male attendant laughed at me and said, boy he’s rude and then laughed again. I was shocked and never did receive an answer to my simple question. My flight from Austin to Salt Lake was a horrible flight. I’m 6’1” and my knees were literally smashed against the seat in front of me; one offering of a beverage for a flight that is just over two hours. I will never fly Delta again. Oh, and one of the photos below shows mold on the wind shade. Nasty!
AircraftBoeing 737 / E100
RouteSalt Lake City to Portland
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Not happy with customer service"

Trip Verified | Redmond/Bend to Seattle. Not happy with Delta's customer service. My flight was delayed twice and then delayed due to weather. I asked for a voucher for the same flights on a different weekend and was only given a credit with their airline for the same amount. The reason I booked this flight was because I couldn't afford anything more, however now all the flights are more expensive. now I have tried to rebook for a different weekend and the ticket is 40 dollars more. After trying to figure out how to enter my credit number in online I was lost and frustrated. Called the company and can only do it over the phone, and now was forced to pay an additional 20$ to the 40$ increase already, to a "main cabin fee" vs basic economy(which I originally purchased) because it is their policy. After much complaining and speaking with supervisors I was finally given the basic economy price-still 40$ more than my originally purchased ticket. I am grateful for the basic economy price, but frustrated with the entire situation when I feel as a consumer I should have been given a service for the original price I paid in the beginning.
RouteRedmond/Bend to Seattle
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Really bad experience"

Not Verified | San Diego to Las Vegas. Really bad experience, our flight was delayed for 2 hours. Then when we were actually landed, we were sitting on the air strip for 40 minutes after the attendants were telling us to remain seated and it would be only a "few" minutes until we were ready to leave the plane. After a frustrating 2 hour delay, many passengers who had to use the restroom but were told to remain in their seats it was really annoying and frustrating. We read good reviews about this airline but unfortunately we were the unlucky few. Even after all of the inconvenience we were not even offered any type of reimbursements, or perks for the inconvenience. They didn't even offer refreshments like juice or soda.
RouteSan Diego to Las Vegas

"Delta is horrible"

Trip Verified | San Diego to South Bend via Detroit. Delta is horrible. Their on time in and out of SBN is abysmal. This weekend they had a 3.5 hr delay in DTW due to equipment that was known at least 4.5 hrs ahead of scheduled departure and refused to put stranded DTW passengers on an open and on time United flight to SBN. Delta offered nothing including no food, no drink and charged amex platinum holders $29 skyclub. So inconsiderate with a 3.5 hr delay it should have beem comp'd. No concern for passengers. Fly United or American from now on.
RouteSan Diego to South Bend via Detroit

"worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Louisville to Atlanta. Absolutely worst airline experience of my life. First and last time I use Delta. Every flight was overbooked and they kept requesting volunteers to take other flights, 2 of our 4 flights were delayed, one flight delay caused us to miss another flight and we were stuck at the airport for hours. Every plane had to do an involuntary bag check because there was no room left on the plane. People were extremely rude. I can’t believe this airline has stayed in business. Never again.
RouteLouisville to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"displeased with Delta’s response"

Trip Verified | Cleveland to Savannah via Atlanta. I am very displeased with Delta’s response to my complaint. I was on a flight with a service animal in front of me. I am highly allergic to animals and had an asthma attack. Delta said they cannot deny a service animal due to medical conditions. The man seemed very healthy. My medical condition is chronic due to this incident. My ten day vacation has been ruined.
RouteCleveland to Savannah via Atlanta