Delta Air Lines

"We will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | We made reservations flying out of Marquette Michigan and no one told us Marquette is in a different time zone so we missed our flight. We called Delta who got us a flight out of Green Bay Wisconsin. Then they charged us 283.00 each to change the ticket. When we changed the city we were flying out of we had to change our return tickets as well and those were through American Airlines. They didn't charge us one cent to change our flights. The Delta airplane was filthy. Dirt and trash on the floor of the plane. Dirty hand wipes in the pockets on the seats. Filthy bathroom. The wifi didn't work. We will never fly Delta again.
RouteMarquette to Portland via Detroit
Date FlownJune 2022

"ground staff is indifferent"

Not Verified | Mobile App did not allow check-in. Did not show connecting flight. Did not provide information whom to contact in case you need assistance. I called the agent, wait was for 34 minutes. So, I opted for a call back. Did not hear from them in next 2 hours, while I was waiting at the check-in counter. Conclusion: Delta do not provide any assistance. Operations is the critical component of their business. I would care less if an airline avoids delays and disruptions (except in cases of extreme weather). For an international traveller, it is not east to navigate airports, or make alternative arrangements in a foreign country, that too in a situation where airport staff speaks language other than yours'. While booking the DeltaOne, my agent warned me that delta flights are often delayed. I gave it a shot nevertheless. And true to their reputation, Flight was delayed by 44 minutes in App, 1 hour at the checkin counter and 2 hours at departure. As First flight was delayed, I missed my connecting flight. The options I was given were: Fly by different carrier. But I have to claim baggage, go through security and checkin again. Catch is to do it in 1hour 15 minutes! Wait at the airport for next flight (that was exactly after 12 hours and downgraded from business to economy).Leave my check-in bag with Delta and pick it up on return flight ! This made me really furious. I wonder if Delta and its partner has any sensitivity. So, I chose option b. And adding insult to injury, I was given 15 Euro complimentary food coupons. Talk about customer care. Delta is not transparent in their conduct or concerned about customer experience. Ground Staff the most pathetic staff I ever witnessed. The lady in-charge of ground affairs was outright rude. Did not even listen. I kept pleading for details, but she said she would help me later. I felt a bit arrogance in her attitude. And I did not understand where the staff kept disappearing intermittently. For two and a half hours that I was in checkin line (Sky priority is a joke), I noticed staff behind screen varied between 1 and 4. Perhaps Delta is short staffed. When I managed to reach check-in counter, the lady said I cannot check-in luggage as the deadline for baggage checkin is closed. So, either travel next day (which was not feasible for me) or take bag to the gate. Catch is, I had liquids in checkin bag. So, I had to throw them away. Remember, sometimes it is not about stuff but emotions attached to it. I had something special to me in the bag (Hence my resolve to avoid Delta as much as I can). The thing that made me furious is that flight stood at the gate for another 1hour 15 minutes after boarding completed. The most disgusting feeling was the way their staff looked at me when I showed I have DeltaOne. Perhaps, I did not look good enough for their "Elite" service. Delta's ground staff is indifferent, if not incompetent.
RouteSeattle to Paris via Stockholm
Date FlownJune 2022

"a single flight attendant could not be found"

Not Verified | The initial flight was delayed over an hour because a single flight attendant could not be found and we had to wait for one to arrive on another inbound flight. Airlines expect customers to plan for every eventuality but do not provide customers that same courtesy, like I don't know having backup attendants on call maybe instead of being as cheap as possible. This is very disheartening since the rest of the flight crew was on time without issues.
RouteMinneapolis to White Plains
Date FlownJune 2022

"no longer deserve my business"

Trip Verified | People driven customer focused culture Dont know what playbook you teach your employees from but I received anything but customer focused culture. My experience began in Orlando with flight departing 2.5 hrs late due to ‘overloaded cargo bin’. Clearly missed connection. Arrived at complimentary hotel 0100 with no restaurant or food. I as several others was tired hungry and angry. All I wanted was ONE delta employee to apologize Treat me with grace and understanding. Additionally i was not provided a toiletry bag nor food voucher and i was too exhausted to think about it until i arrived at the hotel at 0100. Upon my return to my gate the next morning i did go to the help desk and request toiletries and food voucher which was provided. Come on Delta i encountered at least 8 different delta employees and not one treated me as a customer who deserves a smile. People driven customer focused culture - I think not. You failed me and several others last night. You failed to see me. You failed to hear me. I pray you get it right for the next time. For me there will not be a next time with Delta. This has happened too often, you no longer deserve my business. I could share more of this journey if you care to ‘hear me’. Correction the pilot as we left the gate in Orlando apologized.
RouteOrlando to Green Bay via Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2022

"they only refunded me $183.04"

Trip Verified | I bought a Delta vacation package which included flights from Bermuda to Boston in 2020. My trip was postponed due to Covid. In the meantime, Delta canceled their direct flights to Bermuda and a 2 hour trip became a 6 hour trip. They told me I could cancel the 3 Delta flights and they would refund me $1800 so that I could apply that money toward my 3 Jet Blue direct flights. However, they only refunded me $183.04. I have reached out several times and their final response was as follows: "Due to the write offs made on this booking to honor original rates, there is no additional compensation" If they had told me from the beginning that I was going to lose out on money if I canceled the flights, I would have found a different destination. They told me they would honor my original prices and my travel agent conformed that she has that recorded.
RouteBoston to Bermuda
Date FlownMay 2022

"I won’t fly with Delta again"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | Had the worst experience of my life flying with Delta. First they postponed the trip to more than an hour to later to board us for nothing. Because shortly after, they deplaned us due to a mechanical failure. Later, they told us that they had a plane coming from Salt Lake City so we waited a total of 2 hrs to try board the other plane (overall 3 hrs in total) to be told that they did not had the flight crew to operate the flight. My flight got finally canceled after more than 3 hrs frustrating hours. The only compensation I got was $30 meal vouchers and a complimentary hotel Night that I didn’t use because the queue was so long and I got the email so late at night that I already booked the hotel. To make matters worse, I had to get a flight back home to San Juan that departed two days after with another airline. I won’t fly with Delta again in my life !
RouteNew York to San Juan
Date FlownJune 2022

"do not care about their staff or their customers"

Not Verified | They canceled my flight 3 hours before departure and put me on a flight that had a 5 hour layover when my original flight was nonstop. My original nonstop flight would have only been 3 hours. My new trip in total will be 12 hours this is a huge east of my time. They also did not offer any compensation for this huge inconvenience! They canceled because they did not have a crew to fly the plane! I booked this flight 3 months ago and they couldn’t find a crew in that amount of time? Clearly they do not care about their staff or their customers.
RouteSalt Lake City to Austin
Date FlownJune 2022

"by far my worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | This is by far my worst flying experience in my life and I’ve been flying since the age of 4 which is 40 years ago and I’ve flown with many international airlines across the globe. This airline is a joke doesn’t even qualify to be a budget LLC. I flew with them 4 sectors all in first class including delta one. First leg was SEA-LAX first class in a very old 30+ years old B737 after boarding and take off and the pilot switch off the seat belt sign I asked the notorious cabin crew if I can use the toilet and I was the very first passenger to use what’s supposed to be the first class cabin toilet and it was filthy and floor full of water and when I informed the FA he said yes it’s flooding. Prior to my departure Delta sent me via their app to choose my meals and since I have specific dietary requirements I choose what’s suitable for me. When the FA was offering the meals he came to me and with a very low and unclear tone he offered me what options they have and when I told him I have a special meal request he said we don’t serve that on domestic flights so eventually I took the oat meal with some shea seeds which turned to be an awful non edible option. After landing and waiting for my luggage I found my suitcase was damaged beyond repair I went to Delta luggage service desk I spoke with the employee who was very unhelpful and not interested to be working she just did a form and gave it to me with a tracking number and till today after almost a month still I didn’t hear from their customer service. My 2nd leg was from LAX-JFK supposed to be with B767-400 the newly refurbished delta one. As per Delta email prior to departure we need to be 2 hrs prior to departure at the airport which is 4am I was there on time and they said there is a dedicated lounge for delta one passengers . There was no one at the check in counters as they said they open by 4 am and to my surprise the Delta one dedicated check in lounge is just a partition of the check in area separated by a partition. We waited till 4:30am one one employee finally showed up and opened the partition and we did our check in finally. The only positive thing was the new delta lounge at LAX . Food options were horrible though. We boarded surprisingly to a very old dirty B767-300 with the old version of Delta one seats. Probably 25+ years old aircraft which was falling apart. Started taxing on time however for almost 1 hr the pilot was taxing around the airport and at 7 am he informed us we are going back to the gate as the plane developed a technical problem which need another hr of repair and we ended up sitting on board for another 2 hrs without even a glass of water or any interaction from the crew we eventually took off at almost 9 am 3 hrs behind our schedule and to my surprise the FA came to me and said you requested for a special meal and it’s ready so they actually serve pre ordered meals on domestic flights. Anyways we landed in JFK almost 3 hrs behind schedule at 5pm instead of 2:15 and I had to rush to catch my 7pm appointment which was so stressful with NYC traffic. The other 2 flights were nothing special LGA-BOS and BOS-DCA we’re both on old dirty EMB175 however we’re very short flights. Conclusion never again on this joke airline. And they say Delta is one of the best carriers in USA.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSeattle to New York via Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2022

"Never again with this airline"

Trip Verified | Airport staff are rude, not customer oriented. There were only problems with the flights. Connecting flights did not wait. At the counters to change bookings, one employee after the other left and did not come back. Hundreds of passengers were still waiting. I've never experienced such cheek. Never again with this airline. Das Personal an den Flughäfen ist unhöflich, nicht Kundenorientiert. Es gab nur Probleme mit den Flügen. Anschlussflüge warteten nicht. An den Schaltern zum Umbuchungen vorzunehmen ist ein Mitarbeiter nach den anderen weggegangen und nicht wieder gekommen. Es warteten aber immernoch hunderte von Passagieren. So eine Frechheit habe ich noch nie erlebt. Nie wieder mit dieser Fluggesellschaft
RouteMiami to New York
Date FlownJune 2022

"incompetence at every level"

Trip Verified | Was taking a trip home for my brother’s wedding reception. Flight was delayed first by 2 hours. Then another hour. Then another hour. Then another. Then canceled. Only other option was to drive 15 hours, so we went to the Delta service desk, canceled rather than rebooked, and requested our checked bag to be returned to baggage claim. After spending two hours in baggage claim, speaking to an attendant for the second time finally yielded some information that the attendant apparently did none of the things he said he did, because our bag was already on another flight and our automatic rebook wasn’t canceled. Seven miserable hours of our lives we won’t get back, incompetence at every level from the employees, and still a bag on another plane with no help on retrieving it besides a 1-800 number with a 2 hour waiting line. Unbelievable.
RouteAtlanta to Hartford