CSA Czech Airlines

"could have been much better"

Trip Verified | Prague to Amsterdam. Flight could have been much better. Seat was old, dirty and uncomfortable. Paying for Business class with LCC service. Cabin Crew were okay. Food on board tasted good. Boarding started 10 minutes before departure. No in-flight entertainment. To call it "business class" is a joke. This airline is in the same level with Wizz/Ryanair except with high prices and poor service. Not worth the upgrade to business!
RoutePrague to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2020

"a trick to scam users"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Prague to Brussels. When traveling with my luggage and a small laptop bag, they tried to charge me 45€ and force me to put one of them in the hold. They stated that this policy is clearly mentioned when you but the flight but I disagree. It was not clear and it's completely unfair. The laptop bag fits under the seat so, it's not a matter of space but a trick to scam users. The ironic part is that I was able to put my laptop bag inside the luggage and they didn't have problems me carrying my laptop and a book inside the plane. When I bought the ticket, another Airline (Brussels Airlines) had same prices on the same route and almost identical schedules. It's clear which airline I will fly with next time.
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownMarch 2020

"started with an hour delay"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Paris via Prague with CSA Czech Airlines. The flight started with an hour delay. Before landing in Prague I Was asking about my luggage, if it will arrive on time to the next airplane! Of course sir bla bla - it did not arrive! Very uncomfortable feeling to travel without luggage!
RouteBudapest to Paris via Prague
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"for the price I paid I was more than happy"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Surprisingly smooth flight on board Czech Airlines, check-in was smooth and flight departed on time from Paris and as I had Plus fare, they did not bother me about my cabin bag and backpack during boarding. On board offer was OK and prices were low - the beer which I ordered was cold which is perfect. They also offered a water after the paid service so for the price I paid I was more than happy. Flight arrived 15 minutes early, only downside of the trip was the long wait for the bags in Prague.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteParis CDG to Prague
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Staff was nice and friendly"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Copenhagen. Flight was operated by Czech Airlines A319 (reg. OK-MEL), not with lowcost Smartwings 737, like almost all other CSA flights. Departure was delayed only about 10 minutes, we arrived on time. Staff was nice and friendly. Ordered food was so expensive (260CZK), but delicious. Aircraft was clean and seats were comfortable.
RoutePrague to Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2019

"delayed as usual for 2 hrs"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Paris. Flight with CSA operated by Smartwings was delayed as usual for 2 hrs. The boarding process was pure mess because of too many cabin bags which delayed us even more. The staff on airplane was nice, welcoming and apologetic for the delay. I prepaid the gourmet meal which was outstanding for the price both in quality and quantity. There was in-flight app with entertainment working however I did not try it. If we were not delayed it would be a great flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RoutePrague to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"airline ruined this country’s great experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Prague. I’ve flown all over the world and this is by far the worst airline I have ever flown. Not only was the flight delayed nearly an hour with no explanation. Also when boarding we were shuffled out ide to stand in the cold while waiting to board. Czech is such a beautiful place but this country needs to invest in or rehire their entire airlines staff. As an American I have to say this airline ruined this country’s great experience. This airline was beyond disorganized and completely unprofessional. There were multiple other issues when landing that I will not go into on here. When I say never, I mean I will never fly on this airline again. Just save yourself the headache and fly elsewhere.
RouteAmsterdam to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I was very pleasantly surprised"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Rome. I didn't expect a lot when booking a flight with Czech Airlines but I was very pleasantly surprised. The plane was a Smartwings one, the interior wasn't new, but was clean and working well. The flight was on time, there was also an inflight wifi, which worked well. Crew was polite, nice and attentive, only water was given for free, but that's normal nowadays. However, Czech Airlines offer so called "Gourmet menu" for 14€, which must be purchased online at least one day before take-off. For that 14€ you get a tasty hot meal served on porcelain, dessert, salad, fresh buns with butter and three drinks including wine/beer and hot drinks, served in glass or porcelain cups. All that with maximum willingness and professionalism. To conclude, give this airline with almost 100 years of tradition a chance. They struggled in recent past, but now they are a nice option for flying to Prague (or via Prague) again.
RoutePrague to Rome
Date FlownDecember 2019

"below-average low cost carrier"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Prague. I used to be a Gold member of OK Plus for more than 10 years, but as soon as it was bought by Travel Service and everything went down (quality, service etc.), I stopped using CSA completely. I tried them after quite a long time on single journey from BCN to PRG and will not fly again. They try to be seen as regular airline, in reality this is below-average low cost carrier. I have even paid for upgrade to C class - food terrible, service terrible, being sat in 2nd row the legroom space close to zero. On a positive note, we were not delayed, apart from that nothing to write home about.
RouteBarcelona to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2019

"low-cost airline aircraft"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Keflavik. Experience of the worst low-cost airline under the price of the traditional airline, no online booking manager, no fully usable mobile app, call-centre operators without knowledge, extra-legroom seats with space of basic ones, booking changes they do without letting you know. This airline is facing as a traditional and modern one. But reality becomes when I saw the type of aircraft, I realize, that I will fly with low-cost airline aircraft. I believed that for price 210€ I'll get the full experience of the traditional airline. I prepaid food and seat in the first row. About one week later, when I wanted to add baggage, my booking manager site was empty (no option to add more services). So I called the customer centre and I got information that this is happening often and it's not possible to fix my booking manager and I have to manage everything via call centre (the mobile app is useless, you can't manage anything there - you only see information about the flight). Then the operator also told me that my seat (i paid for the first row) was changed because of changing aircraft. I wasn't noticed before via mail or SMS, that this happened. Not for least, she also told me, that this aircraft doesn't have"kitchen, so it's not possible to have warm food there, which I paid for. So I ask for another baggage and refund for food. One week later I tried to have another call and ask about my issue. Another operator told me, that it is possible to have warm food on this flight. I was totally disappointed, but at the and I order a paid for the food again with hope, that second operator knows what she speaks about. During boarding, I came to the oldest plane I can imagine from the most low-cost airline Smartwings. Legroom was tiny as in other B737, but my seat was priced as the extra-legroom seat. The only one thing I was fine with, was the food menu for 15€.
RoutePrague to Keflavik