CSA Czech Airlines

"Never without a delay"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Prague to Copenhagen. Horrible, we all got treated like a sheep walking from gate to gate and waiting first hour, then two, and at the end 4 hours. Never ever again will I choose this airline even if they would pay me. It has always been a trouble making airline. Never without a delay. Could at least be honest at the beginning and tell us come 4h later morons.
RoutePrague to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"disgraceful how they treat foreign passengers"

Trip Verified | Prague to Paris. I flew with CSA after very long time, so I was curious what to expect. Boarding was quite smooth, except that airport staff wasn’t very friendly and were having laugh about none Czech speaking passengers, which I find very ruth. Seats on plane were ok, but nothing special, the bad experience started when they were serving food. On menu it says, that they accept Czech and Euro currency and most of CC cards, so I handed 500 czech note to pay for my food and was told, that they have no change to give me back(talking about Czech currency on board of Czech airlines) that I should pay in Euro or card, so I handed card, without asking if I want to pay in Euro or Kc, charge me Euro price, which is always worst rate, than your cc bank rate. When I complained about it, I was told there is nothing they could do about it. So I asked for refund and returned what I purchased, you should should see the faces of crew when I told them that I understand Czech and heard how were they talking about the issue, it’s absolutely disgraceful how they treat foreign passengers. I will think twice before I buy next ticket with this airline as their attitude can completely ruin your journey.
RoutePrague to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"you can get good price"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Prague to Helsinki. My 2nd flight with CSA,actually it was SmartWing's plane as they now operate many CSA flights. 14 yr old Boeing 737. Many times CSA flights are delayed, so i was a little bit worried. But this was on time. The price (50eur) included one normal size cabin bag of 8kg. Service was ok. No complains there. Food and drinks were available to buy. I bought some Czech beer and a delicious panini, not expensive at all. CSA has a little bit bad reputation (mostly because flights are delayed) but many times you can get good price, so they are worth trying.
RoutePrague to Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2018

"even water is not free"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Prague. After observing the abuse by the gate staff, I did a little research and Czech airlines was sold to a private company Travel Service based in Prague and is now privately owned. Their obvious philosophy is to get as many 50 euro checked bags as possible. Seats are crammed and even water is not free! Check in procedure is terrible, gate staff rude (contracted out to Menzies) and confirmed by many reviews. I am a dual Czech / Canadian citizen and do not understand why the Czech government does not put a stop to this company. For many tourists an airline is the first point contact. Do not get discouraged by the airline, book with someone else and enjoy one of the most amazing cities in the world!
RouteCopenhagen to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the legroom was very small"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I took early morning flight from Paris-CDG to Prague-PRG. There were no services available on board (wifi, entertainment system), but the flight was very short (like most of EU flights) so it really doesn't matter. Flight was late approx. 1 hour because of previous delay. We were flying in very old Smart Wings aircraft which was very noisy and overall uncomfortable. Seats were made of leather, which was great - because they were warm all the time, but the legroom was very small. The crew was very kind, but the prices of food on board were really high. Despite that, CSA offers really the best prices for cigarettes on board among EU airlines. It is very traditional EU low-cost airline. In fact, I have nothing to complain about expect the old aircraft and ticket price.
AircraftBoeing 737 – MAX 8
RouteParis-CDG to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2018

"my seat was dirty"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Odessa via Prague. Disappointed. On the first flight, we waited 45 minutes in the jet bridge, due to the plane being cleaned. Well when we got in, my seat was dirty, and there were crumbs all over the place. However, we did order the In-flgiht meal and it was amazing, if you do fly with this airline, I recommend buying an on-board meal. Our second flight, was delayed by four hours, departing at 2 AM. Once we got to our destination, we waited another hour for our luggage. By the time we left the airport, the sun was already up.
AircraftA321 / 319
RouteMadrid to Odessa via Prague
Date FlownJune 2018

"pay 45 eur for 20x20 cm bag"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Prague to Helsinki. Had to pay 45 eur for 20x20 cm bag at the gate because it was “additional item” to a cabin sized small suitcase. Handbag had to either be put in suitcase (which was full) or pay 45 eur.
RoutePrague to Helsinki

"poor customer experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Flying from Amsterdam to Prague on Oct 18th. The boarding has been delayed and real disorganized. The plane was fully booked. I was astonished to see that the cabin crew allowed couple of passengers to board the plane with an open can of beer in their hands. The plane was dirty and service was lousy. Perhaps this is why people are bringing aboard their drinks. Everything looked real cheap (ex. the airticket) and amateurish. A very poor customer experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2018

"dissatisfied with their service"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Prague booked for December 2018. I am very dissatisfied with their service and do not want to ever fly again. After booking I realized immediately that I by mistake typed my name twice instead of writing my boyfriend's name in the passenger column. I called them and cancelled the flight within an hour so that I could book again with correct name as it states on their website that it is not allow to change names for 'safety reasons'. When later talking to the agent, the airline refunded me only 20 euros out of 350euros! They said it is my mistake that I cancelled my flight. Completely inhumane. They try to rob people of money and go low cost at the extreme I will never fly with them again!
RouteStockholm to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Prague. This is the worst airline and customer service i have ever experienced, and i have been traveling around the world for 15 years and seen it all. First we were forced to pay for our cabin baggage because our laptop bag and purse counted as our "cabin luggage". Its was 3 of us flying and in total we had a backpack, laptop bag, my purse a small suitcase and a store bag with a present. That apparently counts as 5 pieces of "luggage". As far as i know everyone is allowed one personal bag and a carry on?! The women who i was speaking with was so rude and said that whoever told us we could bring that stuff, wasn't doing their job (other people with the airline said it was fine). When i showed her written proof on our boarding pass that we brought the allowed amount she claimed the boarding pass doesnt mean anything and the website states otherwise. I found on the website then, that in fact we didn't need to pay and our carry ons were perfectly fine with the rules. And to top it off, we pay for the "extra luggage", board our flight and then we have no room for our things in the overhead compartments. Literally 0 space. So we nicely ask the flight attendant if she could put our things anywhere else. She rudely says no and tells us to put it under our seat.
RouteCopenhagen to Prague