Croatia Airlines

"I never received a refund"

Trip Verified | Croatia Airlines has a codeshare with Turkish Airlines so my ticket from Istanbul to Zagreb was paid to Croatia Airlines. The flight on June 19 2020 was canceled but I never received a refund. I requested the refund several times and I always got a vague answer that the refund is not possible at this time. I wanted to warn other travelers not to purchase tickets with Croatia Airlines at this time when the country is placed on UKs red list because the refund with this company seems impossible. I received refunds related to Covid 19 from British Airways, Pegasus and Turkish Airlines. It seems that only Croatia Airlines is not issuing the ticket refund.
RouteIstanbul to Zagreb
Date FlownJune 2020

"cash refund would not be made"

Trip Verified | Cancelled flight and only offered voucher or rebooking. I selected voucher, but EU requires cash refund also be offered. On contacting Croatia Airlines they insisted that because a voucher was selected then cash refund would not be made.
RouteZagreb to Vienna via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flights were on time, uneventful"

Trip Verified | Sarajevo to Amsterdam via Zagreb. Both flights were on time, uneventful, and included a small snack bag. First leg was on a Q400 turboprop, second on an A320. Both planes looked to be in good condition. Zagreb gate staff were strict on cabin luggage size and weight so some bags had to be checked at the gate. The last flight landed on the distant Polderbaan runway in Amsterdam and was a 25 minute taxi to the gate but that's not Croatia Airlines' fault. Overall cheaper than Lufthansa.
AircraftQ400 / A320
RouteSarajevo to Amsterdam via Zagreb
Date FlownDecember 2019

"very bad in every respect"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Sarajevo via Zagreb. The shame of airlines, boorish staff, rude, rude, endless delays, service on board non-existent, tiny turboprop aircraft where you can't even bring your trolley bag on board. Croatia Airlines, very bad in every respect. I was also denied a glass of carbonated water because you could only give in business. Never again with them, first and last time. La vergogna delle compagnie aeree, personale cafone, maleducato, sgarbato, ritardi infiniti, servizio a bordo inesistente, aerei minuscoli a turbo elica dove non puoi neanche portare il trolley a bordo. Croatia Airlines, pessima sotto ogni punto di vista. Mi è stato negato anche un bicchiere di acqua gassata perché solo in business si poteva dare. Oltre la vergogna, Mai più con loro, prima e ultima volta.
Aircraftbombardier
RouteRome to Sarajevo via Zagreb
Date FlownAugust 2019

"no-frills airline delivers as planned"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Zagreb to Dubrovnik. A320 aircraft which is comfy, friendly service, experience at the airport was smooth, website is very easy to use and allows for online check-in and seat selection easily with mobile (iPhone Wallet) Boarding Pass, etc.. Pre-flight email notifications for check-in and flight info were very useful. Service on-board friendly and flight was on-time. I had a technical question on my booking after the flight and was able to find the customer service email address directly on Croatian Airlines website and email them. A customer rep replied in perfect English within a couple of hours with all the details. Overall no-frills airline but delivers as planned, with up-to-date digital platform and the experience was very smooth for a very competitive price.
RouteZagreb to Dubrovnik
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Split to Munich. Avoid at all costs. My boyfriend and I had ONE checked luggage under his name ( you are allowed one free checked bag per person). We each had a carry on as well that we had no issues with when we travelled to our destination. However, on our way home, my boyfriend was hauled aside and forced to check in his carry on for a whopping $400!! Because they claimed it was “too big” was a normal size) now, they could have checked it in under my name free of charge since I had no checked bag under my name (I’m entitled to one free one) but they refused, and instead scammed my boyfriend for $400. The only reason he paid was because we were close to missing our flight. The representative at the Munich airport (this happened in split) was appalled at what had happened to us and assured us that we were treated wrongly and to issue a complaint against Croatia airlines. They still refuse to refund his money and claim they can’t do anything since he already paid.
RouteSplit to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Very friendly service"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Rome to Zagreb via Split. Very friendly service, aircraft and seats clean and comfortable. Usually using this airline, business meals for such short flights (45 mins both sectors FCO SPU and SPU ZAG). Friendly atmosphere, quick boarding and flights on time. Generous baggage policy.
AircraftDash 8 Q-400
RouteRome to Zagreb via Split
Date FlownMay 2019

"on time and quite comfortable"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | It was my first time with Croatia Airlines and I was completely satisfied. For a little company everything was proper on time and quite comfortable. I do not expect miracles on a short budget line, but there are unpleasant surprises - this time they were gone.
RouteCopenhagen to Split via Zagreb
Date FlownDecember 2018

"very satisfied with the flights"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | This was my first time that I used Croatia Airlines to fly from Brussels to Zagreb (round trip). I was very satisfied with the flights. The crew were perfect and the planes where clean and the service good. I love to fly with DASH 8 Q400. I recommend Croatia Airliens.
AircraftDASH 8 Q400 and A319
RouteBrussel to Zagreb
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"please do not use them"

Trip Verified | Paris to Zagreb. I had a very bad experience with Croatia Airlines. My luggage was lost, alongside several other passengers on the same flight. Croatia Airlines just did not care. Over the next 5 days, I repeatedly contacted customer service and registered a claim, no response. With very few belongings, I repurchased basic necessities. After 5 days, I finally went to the airport and contacted baggage claim. After a 9hr wait, my luggage was flown to Zagreb and I was able to leave Zagreb, it ruined my entire trip. Several months later, after submitting a claim that only included a fraction of what I purchased for hygiene, Croatia Airlines again ignored all of my follow-up emails. The service was terrible, the cost was high and thus, I will never fly Croatia Airlines again. There are much better airlines, for your own sake, please do not use them.
RouteParis to Zagreb