Corsair

"Corsair probably won't disappoint"

Not Verified | Paris to Miami. I was skeptical about flying Corsair after reading very mixed and less-than-stellar reviews, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Our trip (I traveled with my adult daughter) took place during the second week of March 2020 and the Corona virus drama. Check-in at MIA was uneventful. Since it was not a sold-out flight, we each sat in a different row. OK, so the airplane had the look and feel of a discount airline: narrow, thinly padded vinyl-feeling seats, however, legroom was pretty decent and the movie selection wasn't terrible. Food was pretty bad in terms of quality and variety, but I paid $400 RT, so I won't complain. Flight left on time and got us there ahead of schedule, so perhaps my bar is set pretty low, but I was a happy camper. For the flight back from Paris to Miami, we were scheduled for Monday, March 16 2020 .. on Thursday morning I find out about the whole travelers ban, and all sorts of red lights start flashing. I try to call Corsair to move the flight up and their telephone system is terrible. Prior to to leaving Miami, I tried calling them to ask a couple of questions and all the calls were greeted with a pre-recorded message from a call-forwarding system. A day later, all I got was a message that seemed to be recorded by someone at home. That was a very off-putting experience. Similar situation when trying to call their Paris number: calls were repeatedly immediately disconnected. Until the receptionist at the hotel suggested I call the "3917" number (how is a tourist supposed to know that?) at like $0.40 per minute. I was finally able to speak to a representative, who very courteously listened to our situation, took my information, and promised to call me back to let me know what could be done. An hour later she called to let me know that our departure had been moved to Friday, March 13, so Corsair gets major points there! Check-in at Orly went without a hitch and since we were only like 60 passengers in an A330, we had room to spare. This was a different A330, fabric seats and 9 abreast instead of 8 (narrow!). I moved up to the Economy Plus section .. besides a little more legroom and the fact that they recline a little more fully, I cannot understand nor justify the price differential. The seats are the same width and just as thin as those in economy. Flight left about 45 minutes late due (we were told) to immigration issues with a passenger. Cabin crew was attentive, polite, even happily served me an extra couple of lunches when I asked mid-way through the flight (I was starving!), and had bottles of water, juices and soft drinks on the galley counter to serve yourself whenever you were thirsty. So no complaints there. Overall, we got our money's worth plus plus. If you're looking for something of the caliber of Lufthansa Premium Economy or Business, then you will not be satisfied, but if you're looking for an inexpensive flight that gets you where you need to go, the Corsair probably won't disappoint.
RouteParis to Miami
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Overall good experience"

Not Verified | Paris Orly to Pointe-à-Pitre. Overall good experience, decent food, friendly service on the inbound flight. Outbound all of the crew disappeared at night, difficult to get something to drink. Some security concerns upon landing in Paris. Crew didn’t check the cabin at all,two teens sleeping in lie flat position until touchdown! No one to wake them up, no one to remind them to put their seat in an upright position, never saw that before . Seats are ok but angled lie flat.
RouteParis Orly to Pointe-à-Pitre
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"friendlier than American Airlines"

Not Verified | Miami to Paris Orly. We bought our ticket with Corsair because it was $500 cheaper than other airlines, and to our surprise the food and service was friendlier than American Airlines. The airline left on time. We had a one hour delay in our return flight, but that was OK. The seats are like other airlines and food was actually tasty (compared to other airlines) staff was friendly and spoke English. The inflight entertainment was very limited .. and some movies wouldn't work .. so plan to download some movies on your cell or tablet. We really have no complaints. We will fly Corsair again. Thank you for making a flight to Paris a good experience and an affordable one.
RouteMiami to Paris Orly
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"will never ever fly Corsair again"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Miami. This airline is terrible. I bought these tickets because they were cheaper and now I know why. First of all, my flight to Paris was canceled with no notification, email, phone call or text from anybody that works at this airline. I had to find out when I got to the airport. On the way home, we went through hell to get onto the plane. They charged us $200 for bags, which I tried to prepay for but I couldn't find any way to do so online. What kind of international airline doesn't give you any free bags? Then, we weren't allowed to take on any carry-on bags, really? We were harassed because we had too many bags (2 bags for 2 people), while people in front of us were going on with two to three bags a piece. A worker claimed that they were "laptop bags". I will never ever fly Corsair again. I will spend twice the money to fly any other airline that exists.
RouteParis Orly to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2019

"don't care about their customers"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Paris to Miami. Unfriendly, only speak French and try to avoid speaking English. They don't care about their customers, you get very little to drink, no English films apart from 1 or 2 if your lucky. Out of date, Tv screens don't always work.
RouteParis to Miami
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Good service in business class"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Pointe-à-Pitre. Good service in business class. 2-2-2 layout. 12 business class seats in total. The outbound flight was quiet, so each business class passenger had two seats on his/her own. Food was good though I thought they served the 2nd meal a bit too late as I was getting a bit too hungry. Inbound flight business class cabin was full. Service was a bit more hurried but was still good and acceptable. There was only one toilet in business class and at times there was a wait as several passengers from premium economy were coming forward to use the business class toilet. I have no problem with this but Corsair should probably have 2 toilets in the business class cabin if it is too be shared with premium economy. The music albums in their entertainment system were surprisingly shocking. I did know any of the artists and I happen to follow French songs/music. For a French airline not to have any mainstream artists like Matt Pokora, Shy'M, Amel Bent or more seasoned stars like Julien Clerc (who happens to have connections with Guadeloupe as well) is quite surprising.
RouteParis Orly to Pointe-à-Pitre
Date FlownMay 2019

"more than pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Thanks to an exceptional deal to the Caribbean I had the chance to fly Corsair, a french-based leisure airline. Coming from a neighbouring country I had no clue what to expect and planned on being on a typical holiday flight with minimal service. I was more than pleasantly surprised and had a very enjoyable flight to the Caribbean and back. Check-ins in Orly and Fort-de-France were a breeze, staff on the airline very attentive and full of smiles. Perhaps thanks to the very civilized french holiday crowd the flights were relaxed and quiet. And we were treated with a full meal and drinks of choice (including decent french wine) and snacks before landing. All in all, an outstanding flight experience, which I will gladly repeat at any given time. Highly recommended!
RouteParis Orly to Pointe-à-Pitre / Martinique
Date FlownMarch 2019

"seating quickly uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Paris to Pointe a Pitre. Cabin very densified. I chose duo seat for more space. Standard seating comfort but rather quickly uncomfortable. The cabin, dating from 2012, is aging rather well. IFE: old generation and not at all reactive. The touch works with the nail but you have to be patient as the reactivity is bad. The catering is just ok. The quantities are minimalist, even for the eco, the taste is correct when the search for originality is totally absent. The snack (2 brownies) before arrival is a petty joke. FR: Cabine très densifiée. J'ai choisi siège en duo pour plus d'espace. Confort d'assise standard mais assez rapidement inconfortable. La cabine, datant de 2012, vieillit plutot bien. IFE: d'ancienne génération et pas du tout réactif. Le tactile fonctionne avec l'ongle .. mais il faut être patient tant la réactivité est mauvaise. Le catering est tout juste correct. Les quantités sont minimalistes, meme pour de l'éco, le goût est correct quand la recherche d'originalité est totalement absente. La collation (2 brownies) avant arrivée est une blague bien mesquine.
RouteParis to Pointe a Pitre
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"airline is value for money"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Old Boeing 747 aircraft, but clean and enough legroom. Entertainment is very average, but this airline is value for money - what you pay is what you get. I paid round trip 11 hours flight to the amazing island of Reunion 630$, its very good price and cannot complain. Corsair offer solid product, the food is bad on board, but many airlines that offer higher rates, serve bad food as well. Clean plane, good and friendly service and offer enough drink during the flight include wine.
RouteParis to Reunion
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Avoid this airline at all cost"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Paris to Réunion via Mauritius. If you are not French or you don’t speak the language you’re in for a really nice surprise. Nobody in no position will know more than 2-3 words that barely make sense. Somebody was feeling sick so we had to make a forced stop in Rome. I had no idea what was going on. Needed a lot of power of deduction when trying to speak to a flight attendant to understand what was going on. They said we were to get off to refuel just to keep us on the plane for 1 more hour so that we find out that we were not going to proceed to our destination but surprise go back to Paris where nobody knows anything and again nobody bothers with English. We were sent to a hotel after a long wait and cold shoulder treatment (in French of course) after being ping ponged around between check in and their desk where nobody knows when the flight is or what’s about to happen. They put out another announcement and guess what only language they used saying to meet outside for the bus (lucky for me I was one little bit attentive in my French class in high school). One lady at their counter said and I quote “we don’t know probably at the beginning of night “ referring to the flight to take us to our destination. How are they going to give me my days of holiday back when they can’t even point me in the right direction for the mysterious hotel. Avoid this airline at all cost!
RouteParis to Réunion via Mauritius