Copa Airlines

Copa Airlines customer review

PTY-MGA return February 2010 as partner airline with KLM. Excellent service from crew good snacks for a flight taking just over an hour. Could not fault in anyway.

Copa Airlines customer review

IAD-PTY-SJO Canceled Due to Weather. We recently spent two miserable days at the Dulles (IAD) airport due to Copa's refusal to cancel their flights until the last minute. We even called and told them at the Dulles Airport was closed yet they refused to cancel their flight! During those two days we waited in long lines for hours with other confused passengers and were given the run around by both the Airport and Call Center agents regarding our flight status. End Result - given option to fly out 4 days later with no change fee. We gave up and went home. We have not received any compensation from the airline for meals we ate during the two days or for our flight which was canceled. Not to mention the fact that we lost our vacation package we had booked in Costa Rica.

Copa Airlines customer review

MIA-PTY-LIM return. As a Onepass Gold Elite I was upgraded on all 4 segments - Check in and cabin crew friendly. Meals in business class are not impressive. All four flights on time or early. Seats in business class on a 737 are standard USA domestic first class seats. Miles posted quickly to my Onepass account. Price for the trip was very good.

Copa Airlines customer review

Panama to Washington DC cancelled due to weather in DC. Copa arranged for a hotel complete with meal vouchers and then paid for dinner the night of the rebooked flight due to a very late departure time. Overall I was pleased with the manner in which Copa handled the already stressful situation.

Copa Airlines customer review

Panama back to Los Angeles. The airline was supposedly rerouted via El Salvador for refueling reasons. The other passengers and myself did not know about this till on board. Also no blankets or pillows given out. Flight arrive 1.5 hours late. Not good at all.

Copa Airlines customer review

Nine people in my group. Flight from Dulles to Panama to Santiago Chile. Flight cancelled due to maintenance. Sat in airport for 10 hours before assignment to an alternate flight. Arrived Santiago 12 hours late. Our group lost over a 1000 US dollars in hotel and tours. We asked for compensation. COPA Airlines refused to take responsibility blaming Dulles International Airport for the cancellation. Not even a free drink on the return flight. Next trip to Chile will travel on an alternate airline.

(Costa Rica)

August 8 due to a mechanical failure arrived 5 hours late at Lima and had to show up for a business meeting same morning without any sleeping. September 18. Due to mechanical failure my flight from Buenos Aires to Panama was cancelled. Missed my connexion and arrived about 8 hours late to my final destination. November 13th was coming from Santiago Chile. Due to mechanical failure we went back to Santiago after two hours in the air. Missed my connexion again and arrived 8 hours or so later. November 20th was coming from Guayaquil Ecuador. Flight was OK but then my next flight to Costa Rica got 9 hours delayed guess why mechanical failure. November 23th. Flew to Bogota my luggage did not made it until next day. December 4th flight 491 delayed (two hours they say) due to yes mechanical failure. I already missed my connexion another 8 or so hour late in the best of the cases. This is the worst airline I've ever flown.

(Panama)

Just took a round trip to Santiago Chile flying business class on a 737. On time departures and arrivals friendly staff and clean cabin. Food and drink service was very good.

(Mexico)

CUN-PTY-Santo Domingo. I liked Copa very much only the seats could be better. The food was excellent and the FA very good. I recommend them and flying in latin America you should choose a good and safe airline Copa is a very good choice.

Copa Airlines customer review

MEX-PTY-HAV return. Had to use them as due to the swine flu couldn't fly direct from Mexico. They were 737s so not too bad. The flights were full in both directions. Cabin crew were ok and food ok.