Condor Airlines

"Worst company ever used"

Not Verified | Poor quality airline. Flight was cancelled in New York due to broken part. We received hotel in poor neighbourhood and a voucher that we could not use, because the hotel restaurant was closed. Next say flight was delayed with two hours. Nobody received any information. Upon arrival in Frankfurt luggage was delayed for 3 hours, without information or communication. Worst company ever used.
RouteNew York to frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2023

"attendants treat guests like cattle"

Not Verified | I traveled with my 7-months pregnant wife and my two young children. After 9 hours my youngest finally fell asleep and laid his head down in my wife's lap. He was careful not to put the bottom of the shoes on the seat, only the sides. A male flight attendant approached my sleeping wife, woke her up and reprimanded her saying "Fuesse vom Sitz! Sie sind hier nicht zuhause" and then proceeded to repeat the insult in English "Put the feet down! You are not at home here!" We paid $7,000 for our flights, about the same as for 10 nights in all 5-star hotels in Frankfurt and 3 other cities in Europe on our trip. It would have never occurred any of the hotel staff to treat us this rude. Condor flight attendants treat guests like cattle. Never ever will I fly Condor again.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2023

"well below low-cost carriers"

Trip Verified |  Very disappointing experience for three main reasons. The flight was done by Heston Air, a Lithuanian charter company, which I have experienced in the past. Unhappy staff, very cramped seats and just not a good 'airline'. The flight was delayed, because Condor can no longer pay for a ramp position, and positoning the plane on tarmac just didn't work out. Service is poor, not even a small glass of water is served. All in all, service and comfort are well below low-cost carriers. I will certainly try to avoid Condor in the future.
RouteAthens to Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2023

"a nightmare and a disgrace"

Not Verified | I traveled from Canada to Europe to attend a parent funeral. My Condor flight got canceled due to a mechanical failure. That happens. However, everything that happened after was a nightmare and a disgrace. No one from Condor was available at the airport to help me rebook on an urgent basis. I was not able to speak to anyone. Condor staff just went AWOL. I ended up rebooking flights at my own expense using other companies so that I could make it on time to the funeral. When I called Condor after returning home to get a refund, Condor Customer service stone-walled me. They told me it would take 3 months (3 months!) for them to get back to me, and they refused to give me any status on my file. When I became insistent, the operator hung up on me mid sentence, not once, but twice. This means that hanging up on a customer is actually an acceptable policy with Condor Customer service. Do not use this company for any reason, even if they offer the cheapest fare. In case of a problem, they are organized to ensure that you will not see your money back.
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2023

"Very poor service at the check in counter"

Not Verified | 1) Very poor service at the check in counter, 2) They don’t provide a plastic bag to check in your kids car seat. Never seen this with any other airlines before. 3) They lost our luggage, kept us waiting in Frankfurt airport for 4 hours to tell us we can’t find your luggage. 4) To be fair, the flight itself was a pleasant experience but everything else was so painful.
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2023

"movie selection was paltry"

Not Verified | I recently flew Condor roundtrip LAX to Frankfurt. My economy class seat was very uncomfortable. The movie selection was paltry and quite dated. Perhaps the most disappointing feature was the fact that other than the main meal service, Condor charged for snacks. Yes, you had to pay for a bag of nuts or a small bag of crackers. I think that's excessive. I won't be flying this airline again.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2023

"so careless in communication"

Not Verified | I actually had a good experience on the plane itself but our nightmare began when we landed in Frankfurt. Not only did one bag not make it but both of our bags didn't make to the belt for us to retrieve. Weirdly they told us that it had arrived in Frankfurt but not upstairs. We were going on a nine day cruise and had a few days to get our luggage and when we were told it had been found it was sent to Barcelona. After the cruise we went and picked one of them up but never heard about the other one. So two were delayed and one was lost. But to make matters worse after filing reports trying to get reimbursement for delay and now for the loss we hear nothing and it's been weeks. It's so disheartening to have an airline be so careless in communication and to take care of the luggage and have any sense of responsibility.
RoutePortland to Frankfurt

"It is a disgrace"

Trip Verified | The day before my scheduled flight from Halifax to Frankfurt I was notified by Lufthansa there would be a change to the second leg of the trip, which I confirmed on line and everything seemed to be fine. I arrived at the airport check in desk 4 ½ hours earlier than my scheduled flight. Because of an irregularity to the change of the second leg of the trip initiated by Lufthansa I was denied boarding on the Condor flight from Halifax to Frankfurt. While on site at the airport I made several calls to all airlines involved, as well as Flight Hub. Lufthansa blamed Air Dolomiti, Air Dolomiti was not reachable, Condor was blaming both other airlines and I was caught in the middle of the 3 of them pointing fingers at one another. Bottom line is the representative of Condor, whose name I have documented, told me flat out they would deny boarding as the company wouldn't take responsibility for the whole trip although they GOT PAID for the whole trip. I was told the only way I would be allowed on the plane was for me to pay for a brand new ticket for my mom and I. As I was going to lose the connecting flight I made another attempt at calling Condor Head office, I dealt with nasty customer service person in Germany who accused me of "not making an effort" to solve the situation. I provided a screenshot of the calls to the various airline companies involved - no use. I was forced to purchase an alternate trip at my own expense. The final response Condor gave Flight Hub's for denying a refund was that I was not entitled to reimbursement due to "no show". I provided copy of the airport parking receipt to expose their lie - no use. It went from the 3 airlines fighting and deflecting responsibility and my elderly mom and I being caught in the middle at the airport, to being accused of not doing enough to solve the issue, to actually being told it was my own fault for not showing up, despite having provided evidence of their lies. In what other industry do you get to keep the customer's money and demand to be paid again for the same trip or you would deny them service and suggest it’s the customer’s fault, ignoring solid proof of the contrary? It is a disgrace and an insult to the intelligence of any rational person.
RouteHalifax to Trieste via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2023

"little information at the airport"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I am disappointed with Condor's services. I was flying from Gran Canaria to Munich, the flight was delayed for two hours and I was still waiting for my luggage for 40 minutes. Therefore, I missed my next flight, had to stay in a hotel and buy expensive tickets the next day, and lose one day of work. On their website it is written that delays up to 3 o'clock are not compensated. How great, they were two hours late and it's not their fault, but I was 24 hours late home and lost 500Eur! There was little information at the airport, they didn't even offer any drinks, apparently this is a normal situation for this company. I notice that low-cost airlines like Ryanair or EasyJet are doing much better.
RouteGran Canaria to Munic via Vilnius

"Very pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Very pleasant experience! There was a delay for sure, but this is almost normal these days. The temperature in the plane was comfortable, the movies were good (almost 200 movies to choose from), the seat was comfortable and the legroom as in other planes.
RouteBaltimore to Frankfurt