Condor Airlines

"Never travelled in such poor conditions and frustration"

Trip Verified | Awful. Impossible to check in online. 20 min minimum to get customer service on the line. Chat only available weekdays during regular working hours. Flight was 2 hours late on departure. Only 2 movies were free. You need to pay to have access to the rest. Condor rescheduled my second flight thinking I would not make it due to the 2 hours delay - without any notice. I run to get to flight 2, only to learn that my seat has been cancelled and moved to the next flight which is 4 hours later. Lufthansa calls Condor to ask for the ticket to be reinstated so I can take the flight as I was supposed to, Condor refuses - without any explanation. Waste of time and money. Never travelled in such poor conditions and frustration.
RouteToronto to Paris via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"What a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | What a horrible experience. 3 hours late leaving Boston with no communication. Cramped and unpleasant plane with no screens. Bus shuttle in to gate delayed us a further half hour. Then of course missed connecting flight. No customer service in terminal. They automatically rebooked us on a flight ten hours later though there was an earlier one they had promised. No customer support. Lufthansa no help because “you booked with Condor”. Stay away.
RouteBoston to Prague via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"we received no support whatsoever"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed by 13 hours, and we received no support whatsoever. No hotel accommodation for the night, no food, nor beverage, nor voucher to use at the airport. All passengers were frustrated and we were constantly receiving intentionally deceiving information by the staff.
RouteToronto to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"Will not be flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Horrible. They lost my bag, I went to a front desk person and they basically told me it wasn’t their problem and to file a claim online. Trying to locate my bag was so stressful, customer service could not update me on my bag status and continuously transferred me to the wrong people or they were not answering. I still have no idea what happened to my bag. Will not be flying with them again.
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt

"abysmal experience"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Berlin. Absolutely horrible experience with Condor. We booked a flight with connecting flights through Condor. They sent us an email letting us know what the requirements were for our flight, but upon arrival at the airport, we were denied boarding for not having a negative covid test and just our vaccine records. This was a connecting airline, however because it was purchased through Condor we should have been provided with the necessary information for our flight. Which we were not. When we called Condor’s customer service line, we were met with a very rude and cold representative that was unwilling to help us or even give us additional information so we could assess our options. They also said we would not be able to catch a different flight in order to make it to our connecting condor flight because the boarding pass would then be incorrect and therefore we would have to forfeit our entire departing ticket price. (Over $700 per person). The absolute lack of customer service was surprising and so frustrating. And the unwillingness to help or provide information was also incredibly disappointing. An absolutely abysmal experience. Would not recommend this airline to anyone whatsoever and will not be flying with them in the future. I have nothing positive to say.
RouteCalgary to Berlin via Seattle / Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2022

"crisis management was a disaster"

Trip Verified | A landing in Seattle was not possible due to weather conditions. The flight was diverted to Vancouver. The passengers were then all accommodated overnight in hotels. The crisis management for the onward flight was a disaster. We were initially told that we would receive an email with information, which did not happen. Instead, we were told in the hotel that we should all fly back to Seattle the next afternoon at 16:30. Since many of us had booked connecting flights, it was not at all clear whether we could travel onward from Seattle on the same day, especially since the plane was not scheduled to arrive until shortly before 6 pm. There was zero information and the Condor phone hotlines in Germany and USA said they were not responsible. At the airport, there was no Condor information booth and the airport information desks had not received any information from Condor. One heard everywhere only "Yes, this Frankfurt flight. There are quite a few people asking, but we don't know anything." All passengers lost at least one whole travel day and those who did not get a connection in the evening even two. It was a disaster and all very nerve-wracking. You certainly don't need that a second time!
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownApril 2022

"unacceptable handling of the matter"

Trip Verified | The flight was booked for my father, a Ukrainian refugee, fleeing the horrific reality of what is going on in Southern Ukraine. He was denied access to the flight because Condor wrongfully told him that he has to be vaccinated / have a negative covid 19 test to enter the country. According to AMENDED NATIONAL INTEREST EXCEPTION FROM PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION 10294: ADVANCING THE SAFE RESUMPTION OF GLOBAL TRAVEL DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, and I quote: " (President of US) determined it is in the national interest to permit temporarily the entry of noncitizen nonimmigrants who (1) are traveling with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; (2) were physically present in Ukraine as of February 10, 2022; and (3) possess valid travel documents allowing them to travel to the United States". He had a valid Ukraine passport with a visa that covers him under this mandate. They dismissed him in the most disrespectful manner and misguided him into staying in the airport without means to flying and German language deficiency to escalate the issue to proper channels to get on the flight. It is unacceptable handling of the matter by Condor as a company and its employees. We had to rebook a flight on United at triple the cost and he was able to fly with no issues or any Covid-19 constraints.
RouteFrankfurt to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Never will book again with Condor"

Not Verified | Horrible experience - their food and beverage was less than average, the food serving time was odd (lunch at 10:50 and dinner at 8pm). Their inflight entertainment is poor. They also lost my luggage and it is so difficult to talk to somebody or get any info. Their Whatsapp is a joke (doesn't work at any time or date), their live chat person was not available or when it was, gave me info I already found on the website, not useful at all to get the luggage or find its status. I also called the customer service and she hung up on me because I couldn't hear her I still don't know where my luggage is or who to contact. Never will book again with Condor.
RouteFrankfurt to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Everything went extremely smoothly for such an unexpected delay"

Trip Verified | My flight that was supposed to leave Frankfurt on Christmas Day was delayed by 24 hours. Thankfully, that was pretty much the only negative I have to say about the airline. As soon as Condor realized that they would not be able to get us out of Frankfurt, they sent our luggage to baggage claim and arranged for a shuttle bus to the hotel they paid for. Everything went extremely smoothly for such an unexpected delay (mechanical problems with the plane). Once on the plane, Condor allowed everyone to use the premium entertainment options, which meant I had plenty of movies to watch on the way back. When I requested the compensation guaranteed by EU regulations for long flight delays, Condor immediately replied that they would reimburse me. I ended up essentially paying nothing for a transatlantic flight during the busiest time of the year! I would feel comfortable flying on Condor again knowing that they will help make my journey smooth even if unanticipated problems occur.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownDecember 2021

"will avoid the airline for future travel"

Trip Verified | Booked ticket online. Online check-in was required, but didn't work properly. Lady on counter was not able to prove that online check-in is even possible which meant I got an extra charge for counter check-in. Airline looks like a fraud to me. I will avoid the airline for future travel.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Frankfurt