Condor Airlines

"I didn’t get any bags"

Trip Verified | I had my flight on 18 July 2019 from Zagreb to Frankfurt to Calgary. I was told by the check in staff at Zagreb that I will have to pick the 2 checked bags at Calgary for customs as it’s the first destination to enter Canada. However, I didn’t receive either of them in Calgary. I was then directed to baggage counter where I filed lost baggage for my 2 bags and boarded my flight to Vancouver. I didn’t get any bags there too. As WestJet was the domestic flight from Calgary to Vancouver, I filed a complaint about the lost bags with them at Vancouver. After that day I tried calling Condor customer care to ask about the bags, one of the staff mentioned that I can contact them on 5th day if I still didn’t receive the bags. However, there was no response on my bags till 23rd July so I decided to call condor customer care, I spoke to very arrogant staff. Instead of understanding my issue, she preferred to act as if she is doing any favour on me and didn’t even hear to what I wanted to say, she mentioned that they are not responsible for the same and the airport is responsible.
RouteFrankfurt to Calgary

"Worst airline experience"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Las Vegas. Worst airline experience I’ve ever had. To start with, we arrived at the ticket counter and here they told us that they switched the plane and this plane doesn’t have business class. So we paid for business class but have to fly economy. There was no warning before that they had switched the flight, then there was absolutely no help from anyone (and with big attitudes) to see if we could switch our flight to go business class (like we had paid for). They were unwilling to help. Then we arrived at our gate, got our boarding tickets scanner and i was selected for random security. Once i was done there, i had to walk back to my gate where i was met with attitude again. I wanted to pass because i had already gone past but selected for random security. I got yelled at by the man passing the boarding passes even though he was the one who took me to security. Honestly an awful experience and will never fly Condor again and caution you against it as well.
RouteFrankfurt to Las Vegas

"worst food ever served"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Frankfurt. Everything about it is a budget airline and that is okay. The non-stop route was a major factor for flying them. The problem I had is the plane had no air vents, very, very warm and uncomfortable. Seats are not well set up for long haul flights. Armrests hard and unpadded, no tray for devices, not well cleaned. Further, the absolute worst food ever served. We didn't even bother look at it on the return. Several other passengers made similar comments. The inbound flight had some air movement, that helped alot. Nice crew and ground. It will take a really good price for me to use them again.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt

"worst airline experiences"

Trip Verified | This is one of the worst airline experiences I've had. I booked premium economy from the Bay Area to Milan through Frankfurt. I booked with Condor because they used Alaska and Lufthansa to support the US and EU legs of the trip. Unfortunately, Condor does the overnight trip. First, Condor sends out a PDF receipt/schedule that looks like it was generated from an antiquated green screen technology. It's incredibly hard to understand and you have to manually port over into a calendar. Second, after the receipt, you get no communication from them whatsoever. No reminder, no notice of schedule changes - nothing. Second, their customer service is a total joke. Third, food is awful. For premium economy, it's insufficient to say the least. Finally, it is incredibly uncomfortable. While premium isn't business or first, I've always found it pretty comfortable and have been able to sleep. Not so for Condor. You can recline your chair maybe 1" more than you would in economy. There is a lot of leg room, but every time your neighbor moves or readjusts his or her sleeping position, it feels like an eight year old is kicking the back of your seat. The WiFi did not work and there are no power outlets. The movie selection sucks and is really hard to use. Will never book Condor again.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2019

"meals and entertainment are decent"

Trip Verified | I fly to Europe every summer from Alaska to Ukraine via Switzerland, Germany or Netherlands. Condor is my favorite choice for this trip. Their prices almost always beat other airlines. The meals and entertainment are decent and service superb. For the last 10 years I’ve been traveling my luggage was always arriving safely and flights that were on time, no cancellations nor delays. I had a few small problems with customer service when I had to get a person via the phone while trying to change a flight from Ukraine online (not available). Other than that it was nice, and I flew with kids and oversized bags. Yes Germans likes their rules and unlike American Airlines will suggest you pay extra if your bags are ridiculously overweight. However just as likely they will let it slip if you have a child or are just stressed out or broke (I've had all situations above over the years). As for the crew being unapproachable, perhaps flight attendants are more reserved however when it comes to being helpful they are superb crew. Overall highly recommend for budget, family, eastern European connections and last minute business class upgrade travelers. Alaska flight is just gorgeous and the shortest too. Very safe and decent service. A bit of a clunky website or stiff regulations are not huge obstacle when it comes to competitive prices and convenience.
RouteAnchorage to Kyiv via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2019

"You get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Frankfurt. You get what you pay for and Condor can be hit and miss. Condor strictly strictly enforces its baggage policy. Before being allowed to proceed to the check-in counter the airline weighs both the checked luggage as well as hand-carry on, which is limited to 8 kg. People who are used to traveling with a small suitcase as carry-on are in for a rough surprise since passengers in economy are not allowed to use the overhead bins to stow luggage. I noticed quite a few people who were pulled aside to pay for excess baggage or repack their luggage and get rid of things. The boarding process in Phoenix was chaos, but I give them credit since the airline only started serving PHX the week before and the staff didn't have much experience. It was, however, very unprofessional for the staff to be arguing with each other as to how to handle the boarding process. Flights to the U.S. originate in Frankfurt and return that same day, which means that there are no representatives available to deal with incoming passengers who encounter problems with their luggage because the airline's staff is busy checking people in. This happened to me on my return flight from Frankfurt to Phoenix when my luggage didn't arrive after waiting for over an hour. There was no Condor representative in the baggage area and a customs officer finally told me to go to the Condor ticketing/check-in area to file a claim. Once there I was told that they didn't have time to deal with me since they had to finish checking-in people for the return flight to Frankfurt. Absolutely unacceptable. The service on board can be hit and miss. I purchased upgrades to premium economy on both flights at check-in. The service on the flight from PHX - FRA was friendly and efficient. The service on the return flight was very poor and non-existent between meal services. On the 12 hour flight from FRA to PHX the crew came around with water only once, compared to five time on the PHX - FRA flight. When I asked for a glass of wine I was told by the flight attendant to get it myself in the galley - and this was in premium economy! Three of the flight attendants looked and seemed very stern and unapproachable. The meals in premium economy are slightly better than in economy, with a choice of two meals instead of the pasta dish in regular economy. The quality and presentation of the food, however, is nothing compared to that served on mainstream airlines like Lufthansa or British Airways. Condor uses bus boarding in Frankfurt for many flights, which is time consuming and inconvenient. The price I paid for these flights was a fraction of what I would've had to pay on a mainstream airline. You can purchase upgrades to premium economy, which offers 36" of legroom, at check-in subject to availability.
AircraftBoing 767-300
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt

"abandoned customers mid-trip"

Trip Verified | We booked flights on Condor.com from Seattle to Vienna via Frankfurt. We barely missed our connection by a few minutes, after a series of delays waiting for shuttle buses and long lines at passport control and security checks. We even ran the half mile down terminal A to catch our flight but the door had just closed. There was just no way to have made the connection in time (and we are middle-aged and healthy). We expected Condor would simply rebook us on a later flight, or set us up for standby seats. Instead, they told us we were on our own. They said that their policy (not written anywhere) is that you have one hour to make your connection. After that, it's not their problem. We had to purchase entirely new tickets from Frankfurt to Vienna to complete our trip. Expensive! In all our years of flying, we have never experienced an airline that abandoned its customers mid-trip - and my wife is a travel agent. Condor is for people who want to save a buck and are willing to take a big risk. I would question the safety of an airline that operates this way.
Aircraft767-300
RouteSeattle to Vienna via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2019

"have never known an airline to be so greedy"

Trip Verified | Real horrible experience with Condor Airlines. I was charged for earphones only to be short changed by over 8 dollars. When questioned the staff member she couldn't explain and said she would sort it when landed. After 11 hour flight no attempts were made to return money. This airline charges to watch movies and charges for absolutely everything. I have never known an airline to be so greedy. Should be called con airlines. Never again avoid this company like plague. I have flown with British Airways, American Airlines, Emirates etc and have never been made to feel so cheap.
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt via London
Date FlownMay 2019

"had a really good experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Cape Town with Condor. I was nervous about flying with Condor because of all the bad reviews. I had a really good experience. I decided not to pay extra for a vegetarian meal, but it happened to be vegetarian anyway. They were constantly serving drinks throughout the flight. Flight attendants were really friendly.
RouteFrankfurt to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2019

"very uncomfortable seats"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Frankfurt. If you like very uncomfortable seats this airline is for you, if you being told that your seat which you paid for was unavailable this airline is for you. I walked right by it and someone was sitting in my seat. I certainly will not fly on this airline cause it’s not for me.
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt