Condor Airlines

"I'd be tempted to fly Condor again"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying Condor. I only bought this ticket because I needed a last minute ticket from Paris to the US and Condor’s Frankfurt to Boston route proved the most reasonably priced option. I saved about $800 for being willing to try Condor over the next most affordable other options. I was actually a little scared to try Condor (actually couldn’t bring myself to try two cheaper options I’ve here left out of my calculations). But I’m glad I did try! The flight got uncomfortable by the 7th hr — my seat in 37A was too cramped. But for the first 6 hrs, I was really okay. The meal was good enough, I didn’t have high expectations, given the terrible reviews. But my pasta dinner and then pizza pocket snack both were good enough to eat. The pasta dinner featured some very tasty potato salad! The crew seemed reasonably professional. I'd be tempted to fly Condor again, but this time I would choose the business class Seats.
RouteFrankfurt to Boston
Date FlownJuly 2022

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airlines I have ever flown with. Online check-in was not working for some reason, it didn't accept my covid vaccine, even though I tried with 3 different documents, all of them being valid and accepted later in-person. This meant that I can't have my boarding pass, so I had to wait 1 hour in line to do an in-person check in. There I found out that since I have an economy light ticket I cannot have a carry-on luggage, only a personal item. This is quite outrageous on a transatlantic flight, but the worst thing was that this was not clearly highlighted in the confirmation email (it only said that I don't have any checked-in baggage but it didn't say anything about carry-on). Therefore, I had to pay 50 euros for my carry-on luggage, but the real issue was with the communication and tone of the check-in lady. She was quite agitated and not kind by any means. The most ridiculous thing is the 9 euro in-flight premium entertainment package. My return ticket was $1100, therefore 9 euros are practically nothing compared to this. If the ticket would have been $1120, I would have still bought it, but at least I would have had a decent experience. This form of ridiculous penny pinching leads to no-one using the screens in the back of the seats, so it's totally unnecessary to have them. Food was low quality and not enough in quantity. Seat comfort was terrible, I am quite an average sized human but could barely fit in the seat and it was very far away from comfortable, especially for a 11 hour flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Phoenix
Date FlownJuly 2022

"customer service was pathetically bad"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Everything written above about Condor is true. The plane was old, the food service was so small that it was mostly laughable. The customer service over the phone was pathetically bad. Check-in was not successful online, there was a risk that it should have been done during the 2-hour changeover at the Frankfurt airport! Never again. And it wasn't even cheap, for the same price you can get decent things from Air France or Lufthansa.
RouteHelsinki to Havana via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"worst company I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | I can assure this is the worst company I have ever flown and a 4/10 score is generous for Condor. They don't care about Customer Service as I was actually told by one of the agents. I had so many calls with them (to solve multiple issues) and every time the agents were rude and unhelpful. One time the agent answered with "hello" and I had to ask if that was Condor - his answer "of course it is". Pathetic. The lack of service is reflected on all levels of the company, from gate agent who yawns and ignores you, to missed luggage agents who do not know the protocol for handling lost luggage. On top of the booking issues, the airline lost my luggage. That is not uncommon in the current climate, however, they have no process that is reliable to find your luggage. One agent told me that luggage is not always supposed to arrive on the same flight, so my expectation was unreasonable. It was new to me. I still have no idea of the location of my bag, I am told they can't trace it even though they have coded tags. The planes are old and extremely dirty. The lavatories are gross. On my way to Europe, the inflight system was not functional, but they neglected to tell passengers. So there was no seat power, no entertainment, nothing for 10 hours. Most of us did not have enough phone battery to last the flight either. The seats still have ethernet cable connections, which gives us an idea of how old the planes are. To be fair, the only saving grace of this airline is the flight crew. They do their best in very poor conditions. The carts are ancient and make it very hard for them to serve food and clean up but they do so with a smile on their faces. I felt for them, and was very appreciative.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle

"such a disrespect"

Not Verified | Toronto to Bucharest via Frankfurt. The worst traveling experience in my 40 years on this earth. This company should be put out of business together with Lufthansa. After delaying my flight by 2 hours and missing my connection flight, Condor made me wait in the airport for 9 hours, during that time begging to talk to your representative to book me a room in a cheap hotel making me pay for my cab and many many more outrageous mistakes when all of this was Condor's doing. Traveling for 3 days because of Condor! Shameful and disgusting! They had the nerve to send me an email after this nightmare urging me to give you my money again for future vacations - such a disrespect!
RouteToronto to Bucharest via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2022

"customer service has been awful"

Not Verified | My family was booked on a flight from Portland, Oregon to Frankfurt Germany with a connection to Paris. The flight was delayed by four hours in Portland and we missed our connecting flight to Paris. On the flight my daughter became air sick. I took her to the closest bathroom on the back of the plane to get a vomit bag and hopefully get her to the bathroom in time. I asked the flight attendant for a sick bag, she would not hand me one and pushed my daughter away from the bathroom. She would not allow us to get to the open bathroom on the other side of the plane. My daughter then vomited on the floor. The flight attendant yelled at me and at my daughter get her out of here, threw a towel on the floor and said "Now you have to clean that up." and made me clean up the vomit. I was not offered anything to clean my hands or any apology. I have never had treatment like that. I was trying to get my daughter a sick bag or to the nearest bathroom and was blocked. It was very upsetting. The attendant did not offer any help, any bags, or anything to clean my hands. How can this be explained? After this experience we were stranded in Frankfurt with no connections and no communication. We were told that we would be rebooked on new flights to Paris during our flight. That did not happen. There was zero information given to us on how to connect to our flight to Paris when we arrived in Frankfurt. There was NO information given to us, no email and no phone call. In Frankfurt a Condor employee said that they re-booked us to get to Paris leaving at 12;30pm on 6/14. I called Condor and confirmed those flights on 6/13/22. When we arrived at the airport we were told that Condor had not booked us on that flight properly and we no longer would have a flight to Paris until the late afternoon. I have spent several hours on the phone with Condor trying to figure this out, no one helped me and I was disconnected several times. Because of this delay we have missed several days of our trip, lost hundreds of dollars on the vacation rental. Since being home the customer service has been awful. No help, no emails returned. I finally took to their social media did I get a lackluster response.
RoutePortland to Paris via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"served two horrible, disgusting meals"

Trip Verified | Awful. Impossible to check in online after many, many attempts. Had a 4 hour layover and didn't end getting a customer service rep to issue our boarding passes until just before the flight - nerve wracking as hell. Once on board, we were served two horrible, disgusting meals. We were told we were going to have premium entertainment, only to find out none of the screens, wifi or charging outlets for phones were working - for a 10 hour flight! Seat wouldn't recline and lock, so I either sat straight up for 10 hours or rocked back and forth. The only thing good about this flight was we landed safely and our flight was smooth - kudos to the pilot!
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle

"Horrible Customer Service"

Not Verified | Horrible Customer Service. It has been 5 days since Condor lost our bags. We spent 2 hours at BWI being told continuously that the bags were coming and then we found out they were not able to be located. I completed a form at BWI. I was subsequently told by Condor without a specific reference number that I was not provided they were unable to locate or help me find my baggage. They were unable to accept any customer service complaints. I have filed numerous forms with the company and have not been contacted as yet. I have been hung up multiple times by their customer service representatives. They are uncaring and unhelpful at customer service. While on board the seats were cramped and unable to recline properly. You had to pay for any significant premium entertainment €9 for old movies. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteFrankfurt to Baltimore
Date FlownJune 2022

"baggage has still not been located"

Trip Verified | Traveled for a family camping trip and Condor lost our luggage with 3000€ worth of backpacking gear. No one wanted to assist or provide any information or compensation for our hardship of missing the first 5 days of our trip. Our baggage has still not been located.
RouteAmsterdam to Portland via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"inflight staff are the shining light"

Not Verified | Overall an OK experience. The outbound flight was delayed by 3+ hours due to an instrument light that needed a physical sign-off by a technician that was 2+ hours away. If this was an isolated event, that would be one thing, but reading numerous reviews before booking my flight it sounds like this happens quite frequently. Shame on me, I guess. The Condor 767's are rather old, from my understanding (28 years on average) so it seems like this problem could be better planned for. This delay caused me to miss my connecting flight with Lufthansa, which was a whole other ordeal in and of itself. The return flight was uneventful, thankfully. The only issue was that my digital boarding pass listed an incorrect seat (I specifically paid for an aisle seat with premium entertainment) so that caused me to feel pretty anxious. When I got to the gate in Frankfurt I asked the desk agent about my digital pass, only to have him largely ignore me. He then printed a new boarding pass that had my correct seat. What this was about, I don't know. The cabins aren't bad, seats are ok and the inflight staff are the shining light for this airline. They were polite and attentive and I appreciated their help.
RoutePortland to Frankfurt via Hamburg