Condor Airlines

"most uncomfortable I've flown"

Trip Verified | Economy was among the most uncomfortable I've flown in years. I'm only 5'8 and there was barely enough legroom. The temperature of the plane felt like 80 degrees for 11 hours. The first meal was plain vegetable pasta and then the second was some sort of cheese sandwich with no alternative options. They barely had enough ice if you wanted a cold drink! When my mates and I wanted to order beers outside of the servicing period, we were instructed to go to the back of the plane to ask (and pay) for it there. Lastly, there were only two movies for in flight entertainment. This is the kind of flight you want to bring your own meal and snacks on, with your own entertainment setup. I won't be flying them again.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteFrankfurt to Portland
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"the most uncomfortable flight"

Not Verified | Airline makes a ton of lazy mistakes that you end up paying for down the line. Check in was not accurate- booked my spouse and I different seats even though we booked together. Flight was delayed by 40 minutes. Extremely warm on the flight- small seats and cramped. Flight home was the same story. Staff also did nothing to stop kids kicking my seat the entire flight of 10 hours. I asked the parents to stop their kids and they let them keep doing it. Was the most uncomfortable flight for that duration I’ve had in recent years. Will not fly them again.
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"crew treated us like children"

Trip Verified | Seeking non-stop, over-the-pole flights, we flew economy on our outbound flight to Frankfurt and business on our return to Anchorage. The check-in to boarding process required roughly 2.5 hours before both flights because online check=in did not work, the check-in counters are difficult to find, have long lines, and are located in separate terminals from the departure gates, requiring multiple escalators/elevators and, in Frankfurt, a bus ride to access the plane from the tarmac. After passing through security at the Anchorage airport no services are available so you will not be able to buy even a bottle of water to bring on board. Overall, both flights added roughly 6 hours to the round trip when compared to the multi-change flights we have taken on other carriers in the past. Economy class seat are extremely tight; an adult over 5.5 feet cannot bend over the access anything placed on the floor in front of your seat. The crew treated us like children, directing us to keep the window blinds closed after takeoff and to sit down if we stood by our seat. Window seat assignments, on-board entertainment (using your own headphones), and edible food cost extra (totaling an additional $122 per passenger). Business class is more civilized, providing comfortable seats that recline fully, noise cancelling headphones, decent food, a bag of amenities, and free entertainment (although the choices are the same as in economy). The crew was efficient and pleasant although they hurried us through food service. Both our outbound and inbound flights had very warm and dry air with no individual seat adjustments that worked. While masks were required on both flights, lots of people were coughing and sneezing regularly throughout both flights.
RouteFrankfurt to Anchorage
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst experience of my life"

Trip Verified | Was not allowed to board the plane after my seat that I paid for was given away to a standby customer. 9 other passengers in our flight, all paid seat selected customers also were not allowed to board. Never once did anyone from Condor apologize. Waited 5 hours before they finally gave us a hotel for the night. Missed the first 2 days of my Italian vacation finding a new way to get there. The worst experience of my life. Contact centre was awful. No help, no accountability. Still nobody from Condor has contacted us to say why this happened, offer to pay for non refundable rooms or even say sorry.
RouteHalifax to Rome via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"lied to about the seating"

Trip Verified | We booked a pair of business class seats for my wife and myself roughly nine months prior, and checked in online several hours before the flight. Once at the airport (FRA) we proceeded to the check in counter where they took our luggage. After it disappeared down the belt, we were told to talk to another agent. Due to a sudden aircraft change the flight had no business class seating, and consisted of economy only. However, we would be given a row (3 pax) each. This is regrettable but normal. However, on asking to cancel our tickets, we were told we would not receive any refund and would not be rebooked - they also have our luggage at this point. Not wanting to miss our next connection, we decided to move forward and board the aircraft. We immediately noticed the 12 business class seats that did indeed exist. Even further, no seats were blocked (the 3 pax did not exist). This was standard economy seating. We asked a flight attendant what was going on. We were obviously shocked. Surrounded by an entire cabin of passengers being lied to about the seating, it turn bad quickly. The gate pulled away and we were trapped on the aircraft. For the next two hours we sat, unable to exit with no explanation. The cabin began heckling the crew as they continued to lie about the departure time without rationale. Finally we saw the issue, they were waiting for cargo to arrive and load. Clearly the passengers were the second priority. Once in the air a woman started projectile vomiting. Instead of helping the poor girl, the flight attendants ran around screaming. After about 15 minutes I was about to get up and help this poor girl to the bathroom when one of the other flight attendants finally intervened and did so. We finally talked to yet another flight attendant about this whole situation. She said "what can I do about it?" and that asking her to do so was cruel. Upon landing, to no surprise at this point, we sat another hour on the tarmac. An elderly gentleman sitting behind us asked repeatedly asked for wheelchair because he could barely walk. He was ensured over and over he would have one. As we climbed down the stairway, I helped carry his bag and across the tarmac to the busses. No chair in sight. Everyone still in shock. And left stranded, having missed our connection by hours.
RouteFrankfurt to New York

"Claustrophobic business cabin"

Trip Verified | Claustrophobic business cabin, with one bathroom, seats become beds only apparently for someone 5 feet 11 perhaps, awful, limited options food, no business lounge in LAX, no internet on board. Limited movie collection. A serious ripoff. Think before clicking.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Never had such a bad experience"

Not Verified | Horrible flight, first time I've ever flown trans-Atlantic when they charged for movies and TV, and choices were slim and bad. They were two hours late on both legs of the flight and lost my luggage. Never had such a bad experience before.
RouteWashington to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I have ever flown. I flew into Frankfurt in June and now it is August and I went 6 weeks without my luggage because they lost it. Their customer service reps do not anything. I never received my luggage and they do not answer and I am unable to get claim my lost baggage because they do not send a letter or determination stating they lost my bag. I cannot even claim anything through my insurance since they have horrible customer service. Also the plane looks like it’s from the 70’s, nothing worked. It was a 12 hour flight and we were also delayed three hours.
RouteBoston to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2022

"If at all possible avoid them"

Not Verified | I could barely fit in my seat and the customer service was absolutely terrible. Very complicated to figure out how to get where. There was a pot of confusion at the gate. There was nothing pleasurable about flying with them. If at all possible avoid them unless you are truly stuck somewhere.
RouteFlorence to Denver via Frankfurt / Seattle

"very pleasant flight"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Frankfurt. Thank you Lufthansa and Condor for very pleasant flight from YVR to PRG and back. Speaking for myself and my 7 year old that we will never hesitate to travel with you again. Very appreciate no messing over "mandates" and being very tolerant .
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt