Condor Airlines

"Seat space was not existing"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Hurghada. Check in was very unorganized. no difference between baggage drop off and regular check in. boarding was very stressful (50 min). Premium meal was ok, but the price is a rip off. Seat space was not existing (1.60m) normally even with Ryanair i have no problem. Crew was friendly. But I have to say that the crew had a really a hard time with some disgusting tourists. I will not fly condor again mostly because of their passengers and non existing seat space.
RouteFrankfurt to Hurghada
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the crew did a good job"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Frankfurt. I believe this is the worst long distance flight I ever took, and the flight took place in a new aircraft. First, leg space is unbearable and seat quality is rubbish. You have to pay for in-flight entertainment and headphones, makes 11 euro per seat. Else you may watch 4 preselected movies. . The ingredients for food are very cheap and have bad taste. You get bombarded by in-flight selling every hour or so (on a long distance night flight), so you cannot fall asleep. The toilets stank when boarding the aircraft (new plane). I must stress out that the crew did a good job in general, the only positive thing. Finally, even if Condor is a low cost carrier, you still pay a certain amount of money for it. However downgrading services at such a low and unacceptable level is shameful and shows how every penny gets squeezed out of you nowadays. The German word Servicewueste - service desert - describes best Condors flight politics. A swift change in Condors flight conditions will be greatly appreciated. Until then, never again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the seating was unbearable"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. The food was nice the staff was nice but the seating was unbearable. Not only was the space far to small but the men in the seat in front of me insisted on reclining right back. The man in front of me in the return flight was so heavy he literally crushed my knees. If passengers cannot have adequate space the seats should not be allowed to recline and cause injury to other passengers. I would not recommend you to anyone after my experience.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"water bottle had to be paid"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Hurghada. The check-in was fast and the standards accordingly. The departure and arrival were delayed by about 30 minutes. The seating comfort was down to the usual average. Too short and too close seats. No drinks or meals were provided as a service. Even the smallest water bottle had to be paid, as with low coast airlines. The entertainment program was designed really for small children or it was shown ancient series movies. For adults an impertinence on a 4.5 hour flight. Even if the aircraft is probably already 20 years old or it was mostly package holiday travelers, this cannot be cited as an apology.
RouteFrankfurt to Hurghada
Date FlownDecember 2018

"they have no contingency plans"

Trip Verified | I'll put this in points, because there's some advice. We booked to fly from Manchester, UK, to New York, and back to Manchester from Los Angeles a month later. Since we wanted to sit together, we pre-booked seats, at £25 each for each way, adding £100 to the cost of the flight. We also booked an extra bag in the hold. Going to New York was fine. We took off, landed and that was that. No decent movies, cramped leg room, awful food, but we knew what we were getting into going in, so we came prepared with our own food and movies. First piece of advice - take your own movies, headphones, and water. After a month, we got to LA airport to fly home. When we checked in, the woman on the desk tried a scam. It says on the website that you are allowed one piece of luggage, plus a "handbag" or laptop bag. The sizes are quite small, but all I was concerned about was my old-fashioned laptop that weighs a lot. They tried to convince us that the weight was for both items, went so far as to say that was what it said on the website. I pulled the relevant page up on my phone, and only then did the woman give in. The alternative was to pay airport prices for the bag to be stowed in the hold. Second piece of advice - weigh your carry on carefully, because they will, and wear a coat with deep pockets, so you can stuff the excess in there. At least they don't weigh that. The plane was four and a half hours late. We got a variety of explanations, none of which seemed right. And we were never offered refreshments or vouchers, which is a statutory requirement if the airline is in the EU area. They just left us, and gave wild excuses. Either they didn't know, or they didn't want to tell us. Third piece of advice. Take photographs of the departure board. When you claim, they will try to say that you are wrong. Finally we got on the plane. They gave us free access to the full entertainments package as compensation. I used my tablet to watch the Netflix movies I'd previously downloaded. We arrived at Manchester just over three hours late. Fourth piece of advice - however tired you are, take photos of the arrival boards, and because you're tired, make notes of what they actually said. And take your own blanket, or coat, because they don't have any. Ever since May we've been trying to get compensation, and all Thomas Cook did was offer us £100 compensation. We haven't accepted it. If something goes wrong, and it seems that happens a lot, they are working on such a shoestring that they have no contingency plans. The planes are old, cramped and tired, and don't expect decent food or entertainment on long haul flights. Budget is fine, but not their response to complaints. If it hadn't been for those, I might have chalked it down to experience, but no.
RouteManchester to New York
Date FlownMay 2018

"both flights were wonderful"

Trip Verified | Portland to Frankfurt. Excellent value. Expected to have a miserable experience for such a low fare, but both flight out and return were wonderful. Even food was better than higher cost airlines. The only downside is 30" legroom, but it wasn't uncomfortable.
RoutePortland to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"do not recommend this company"

Trip Verified | The flight DE2402 from Frankfurt to Toronto had been delayed for more than 2 hours without announcing any reason. When I had requested the reason from Condor customer support by calling 1-866-960-7915, I had been redirected by the first agent to request the reason from Toronto (Pearson) airport and the Condor agent had also mentioned that no compensation for delays can be expected. Toronto Pearson airport rejected the request and confirmed it's Condor's airline responsibility to provides updated on delays and reasons for them which sounds valid. So I called 2nd time to the same Condor number and was told they are not going to give any updates on their delays as these delays are very frequent and happen all the time. Condor reps had been rude and not helpful. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto

"exceeded our expectations"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. Condor exceeded our expectations. We read other reviews and were prepared for a worse than United or Delta experience. Condor was cheaper and better. New plane, very clean, good food, nice staff. Left on time and arrived early. Free movies were limited to two: but one was a favorite all-time movie for us and the other we hadn’t yet seen. Hubby watched his favorite and I read a very long book. So, by not having a hundred movies to choose from, we saved many hundreds of dollars. Now, I admit that there was one issue- we booked through Travelocity from Frankfurt to Salt Lake City Via Seattle. Condor sent a schedule change that would not have allowed us enough time to get through customs in Seattle to make our connection to SLC. I called Travelocity and they fixed it for me.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle

"very friendly staff"

Trip Verified | Excellent experience overal with a very competitive in-flight product. I typically fly major carriers in Business including AA, Delta, United. Even though Condor may not offer a fancy flat bed like the major carriers, it is a very comfortable lie flat seat (170 degree angle) 4 times cheaper. The Good: Very clean airplane - Lie flat seat - Very good entertainment system with large screen - Amazing service and very friendly staff. Very good and abundant food and beverages. The Bad: - Entertainment could have a few more movies - No Internet - Boarding was really chaotic - Seat position cannot be adjusted when table is out (weird) - Only 1 bathroom for Business class section.
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"completely regret not listening"

Trip Verified | Anchorage to Frankfurt. Before flying with Condor, I of course read the reviews before spending a large sum of money on an airline I’ve never been on - I completely regret not listening! On my departure date I checked in online and my boarding pass claimed I was on standby with no other information online in regards about our flight status. I attempted to call Condor whom charged me .35 cents/minute and was on hold for over 20 minutes before being disconnected by your service. My significant other and I had no other option but head to the airport 4 hours early to ensure we were going to have a seat on our departing flight. We were told by condor employees that we were involuntarily downgraded from Business class but did not have a seat assigned for us yet. They claimed the previous plane was out of service and had to bring a smaller plane to the airport. Not only was our flight delayed by 2 hours but we were eventually forced to premium class seating. I received a toll-free phone Number to contact Condor in regards to a refund for our business class seats. When calling this number it was a Thomas Cook employee who claimed he could not help us because the company was not affiliated with Condor. My significant other asked to speak to a manager and we were put on hold. Their holding music was of course the theme song for Condor, we were then again intentionally disconnected by your service team and were left with no assistance. I'm very disappointed in the service I've received not only at the airport Condor employees but as well as the Frankfurt Condor employees who were never able to answer our questions and the only option was to email the company. With the stress your company has put me through to get to Europe was absolutely disappointing. And the customer service is disgusting, there is Literally no way to contact you without being charge money by the minute to speak Condor. Even the US number that was given to me so I could speak with a Condor representative was inaccurate. It was an employee that worked with Thomas Cook who refused to help me and had no contact information to provide me to contact the correct company. I will never recommend anyone to ever use this disgusting service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy