Condor Airlines

"real hit or miss"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. The cabin crew were real hit or miss. One flight attendant was probably the rudest airline employee I've ever met (and I used to work for an airline). Very sarcastic, he corrected me saying they don't have coffee with milk, just coffee with cream. Ok guy. Then complained that this "wasn't a gym" when three of us were stretching in the aft of the aircraft. He also passive-aggressively knocked me in my glasses once reaching over (I'm assuming) and when exiting the aircraft stepped forward to bump shoulders with me. He was also rude to the other crew and passengers. But then randomly nice to some others. That would have never happened on ANA or another real airline where I pay literally half as much for infinitely better service. The food wasn't too bad and I liked the seat in coach though slightly cramped.
Date FlownOctober 2019

"9 Euros to watch movies"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. 9 Euros to watch movies on a 10-hour flight, alcoholic beverages are not complimentary, and the credit card processing machines to purchase items in flight are not compatible with US cards which results with the flight attendants being rude and impatient with you about not having euros in cash to pay as a backup. Flight was delayed by 50 minutes. Never again will I fly with this airline.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"rude and miserable people"

Not Verified | The worst airline I have flown with, ground staff at Frankfurt are rude and icy beyond belief. The aggressive woman at the gate (Frankfurt) was refusing to allow me to go to the toilet, when I pointed out they had not provided toilets and that I needed to go she reluctantly agreed but snarled that she would unload me if the bus arrived. On my return she threw my ticket at me - the bus arrived 30 minutes later! I have flown twice to Anchorage with them, Cabin crew give the impression they do not want to be there, if you do see a smile it appears forced and fake, it’s as if they resent doing their job. Food was just about edible, pasta tubes with a sauce on both legs. No water for first two hours on return flight and no ability to purchase water after security at Anchorage North terminal. All entertainment has to be paid for. Check in is at ANC south terminal, departure is from the north terminal, of course Condor do not tell anyone this so people wandering the terminal looking lost. Check in staff at Anchorage were pleasant enough - they are not Condor staff. This airline could learn a lot from the likes of Virgin on employing the right type of staff. I wish there was another airline that flew direct to Anchorage that is as cheap as Condor, until then we will have to suck it up with these rude and miserable people.
RouteFrankfurt to Anchorage
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Just a bit more legroom"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. Premium economy is not worth the money. Pretty much no difference to economy seats. Just a bit more legroom and less horrible food. Save your money and spend it on a hotel upgrade. It’s a rip-off. In addition, old planes, no WiFi and never on time. Bus transfer to the plane in Frankfurt is annoying.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"will never ever fly again with Condor"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Frankfurt. I have never seen an airline that charges for alcoholic drinks or watching a movie. They ask 5 euros for a very very small bottle of Whiskey. Additionally, their crew are not friendly, that makes people hesitate to ask a glass of water. The ground service was not professional, they made us so confused and frustrated about how to get our tax free refund. I will never ever fly again with Condor.
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"experience was the worst by far"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Moscow via Frankfurt. In 30 yrs of international travel, this experience was the worst by far. Their partner airline bumped me off the second leg of the flight due to overbooking and offered zero compensation on the way there. I had to buy a hotel night and paid for a separate flight (with a different airline, obviously). Total losses: $850, 36 hrs, millions of nerves cells and a massive bruise to my dignity. On the way back, they broke my luggage and have refused to pay, blaming everyone and their dog but themselves (for what, a $100 at best?). Between emails and phone calls, I have spent multiple hours with them to no avail: they keep pointing fingers to the airport of departure, of arrival, their partner airline, myself (yep, I am at fault for them damaging my luggage). I mean, they made the whole trip the worst ever and took zero responsibility. Not once throughout the entire debacle did I hear one word of empathy from any of their staff. Shameful, really. Avoid at any cost.
RoutePittsburgh to Moscow via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"avoid to use this airline again"

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to San Jose via Santo Domingo. I can't believe they just give you 1 movie on economy class. Another bad thing is the food, very poor, and they give you the food in a rude way, same as some of the personnel they are rude, with I dont care. I will avoid to use this airline again.
RouteFrankfurt to San Jose via Santo Domingo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"charges to watch movies"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Vancouver. I have never once been on a plane that charges to watch movies. I board my 10.5 hour flight on Condor from Frankfurt to Vancouver and they give you 1 free movie and you don’t even get to choose it - I then went to pick another movie which costs money on top of that alcoholic drinks aren’t included. I flew same route on Air Canada on a cheaper ticket and had unlimited drinks and entertainment no extra costs it’s pathetic condor you suck I hope you realize that’s robbery
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the legroom was not spacious"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Munich. I had an issue with some passengers seated behind me, they were quite tall and wouldn´t allow me to recline the seat because the legroom was not spacious, they started screaming and making a scene and the staff decided to stay out of it, so the whole 8 hour flight I didn´t recline my seat, which was very uncomfortable. Other than that the flight was ok and the food was pretty good. For the economy class the seats just suck in my opinion, I am 1.72 cm tall and the legroom was no good, you should consider business class if flying with Condor Airlines, but got to say the space and the plane its much better than Aeromexico or Air France.
RouteCancun to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"satisfied with this airline"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Munich to Preveza. Overall i was satisfied with this airline. I flew with them for the first time and there was only one problem and that the flight was delayed by 15 minutes. Everything was fine on board. The service was above average in this price category and the prices of refreshments weren’t all that bad. The seats were average and mine was missing the hand rest cushion which was quite uncomfortable. The airplane itself was clean and in a good condition given it was 20 years old.
RouteMunich to Preveza