Condor Airlines

"never flying Condor Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Amsterdam via Frankfurt. I found the seats in Premium Economy worse than on many Economy flights. Considering it was a very long flight, I could not sleep at all as it was so uncomfortable. The portion size of the food was really small and even though I had asked for a gluten free meal, I was denied it because I didn’t have a receipt! Only one of the cabin crew were friendly. To top it off, no wifi was available! Needless to say, I am never flying with Condor Airlines again!
RouteCancun to Amsterdam via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I will not ever fly them again"

Not Verified | I flew on Condor several times when Lufthansa owned it and was delighted. They have since been sold to Thomas Cook and the experience was very poor for my flight from LAS to MUC. The seats are miserable — there is so little leg room, and I’m only about 5’8”. I have never been on such a pitiful long haul flight—and it is not inexpensive. They charge for movies—really?? And the change of planes in FRA was a complete disaster. No announcements or signage, and no one knew we had to check in again, or where to do so. Everyone was confused and angry. I will not ever fly them again.
RouteLas Vegas to Munich

"incredibly unprofessional"

Trip Verified | We flew from Kuala Lumpur to Frankfurt on 17th December 2019. We paid € 300 per person and I guess you get incredibly unprofessional service when you pay peanuts. We flew in a Boeing 757-300 on a long haul flight from Kuala Lumpur to Frankfurt. Way too small of an airplane to travel in! Small chairs, 3x3 with barely any legroom. - No in-flight entertainment! No screens in the back of the Plane seats, only old LCD screens from the ceiling in the middle, on which they showed flight information and in the morning exactly 1 hour of old episodes of some comedy series. No iPads, no WiFi for use with your own phone. No power sockets or USB chargers. Boarding started 1 hour later without any communication whatsoever to the passenger. Only when the boarding was finished (in a unprofessional way without microphone etc.), the captain explained that there were problems with loading the food, because of the fact that the airplane was not suitable for such a long flight. These were his own words! Refueling in Dubai. Another sign that the airplane was not made for such long flights. We couldn't leave the airplane and it took a little more then an hour, before we took off for the next 7 hours. Breakfast was butter, jam, cheese, ham but no bread. No communication about the fact that there was no bread. Not one of the crew explained why there was not bread. Passengers had to ask themselves why there is no bread and some of them got a sandwich, while the rest wasn't even complaining because it's so weird I guess. Warm food was OK though. All and all, the whole charade looked incredibly unprofessional, it gave me a bad feeling. I will not ever advise anyone to fly with this organization!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"don't think I'll fly Condor again"

Trip Verified | This was my second flight with Condor. The first was two years ago and went fine. This scheduled flight was Frankfurt to Seattle via Las Vegas. The crew at the gate were disastrous. No announcements were made except to notify people that seats were available to upgrade at a reduced price even though people were queuing up to board in the line that was for a passport check, which resulted in boarding beginning 40 minutes late. Business class and premium economy board from the same lane at the same time; however, when in line I was told business class first. Fair enough. Then they called for premium. When I tried to board then the lady told me no, business class first. This happened twice more. The flight was then delayed for more than 2 hours for an engine repair. Seems like something that should have been caught earlier. Sitting in our seats for two hours with no air conditioning was unpleasant and the crew never offered even water. To make up for the inconvenience of the delay, everyone on the flight was offered access to the "premium entertainment." Which was nice, but for those in business class or premium who already had that access that didn't mean much. Flight was fine once we got going. Because of the delay we missed our connection to Seattle. I was pleasantly surprised that Condor did actually take care of things for us on this end (because we booked with them directly): they rebooked us for the next morning, covered the hotel, food vouchers, and transportation to/from the hotel. Ground service in Frankfurt was terrible but the assistance in Las Vegas was pleasant. Overall I don't think I'll fly Condor again.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle via Las Vegas

"The flight is delayed"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Las Vegas. I am sitting in the dreadfully uncomfortable "waiting area" after "upgrading" for only $230! The flight is delayed again. No weather problems, etc. From Frankfurt airport, you are parked in the bowels of the airport just to find the gate. The staff is surly at best and the common response is: "What do you want me to do about it?" There is no place to get food or even water.
RouteFrankfurt to Las Vegas

"Overall a good flight"

Trip Verified | My experience exceeded my expectations. The flight between San Juan to Frankfurt was fully booked, I found staff at check-in pleasant and efficient. Boarding was a little chaotic, not clear where to queue up, boarding delayed and announcement made that boarding would be in zones, but it was really a free for all. This was not an issue as I find that random boarding is better than zone boarding as generally less people are completing for the same space on the aircraft. Ground staff could have managed cabin baggage better as some passengers were bringing more onboard than the 1 bag @ 8kg + small bag onboard. Larger bags do not fit into the middle lockers and need to be placed in the side lockers. I observed several passengers struggling to stow their bags and needed to find space away from their seats, but then again some passengers seem very adverse to putting their small bag below the seat in front of them. The flight left about 20mins late and the Pilot made a good announcement to explain why. We arrived on time in Frankfurt. The aircraft was clean with mood lighting, lockers and toilets which looked like they had recently been refurbished (bright and modern). I'm 5'9 and found the seat width and pitch no different from other airlines economy class. Seat did not have an adjustable headrest, but as a pillow and blanket were provided, so I found it comfortable for the 9 hour flight and was able to get quite a few hours of sleep. The in-flight entertainment was fine; limited free movies/tv show, however the free movie was a recent release and the screen resolution was of a high quality. Bring your own headsets or buy from the crew on board. Premium entertainment can be purchased for 9 Euro and the selection seemed good with a mixture or new releases and favorites. A meal was served about 60 mins after departure and the quantity (small salad, bread roll, hot pasta dish and desert) and taste was fine and better than expected for an operator such as Condor. About 90mins before arrival into FRA a light breakfast (roll, ham & cheese and fresh fruit) was also good. Soft drinks and tea/coffee are free and alcoholic drinks at Euro 5 is reasonable. Crew were fine; not overly friendly but efficient; meals served and cleared quickly. I observed a crew member during a service drawing a funny face on a napkin for a infant ... nice touch. Overall a good flight and considering the very reasonable fare and some entertainment, and meals were included. I'm glad I booked Condor and found it good value for money and I'd fly them again.
RouteSan Juan to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"told that we missed our flight"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. We rushed as fast as we could to catch our flight but security and custom lines took so much time. We arrived at our gate five minutes after checked and were told by a very rude Condor agent that we missed our flight. We asked what she could do to help us and she said “nothing, you will have to figure it out for yourself” and then she added “you might have to spend two more days in Frankfurt” We texted our friends who barely got on that flight, telling them that we missed our flight and they texted us back that Condor had just made an announcement that they would be 35-40 minutes delayed. We cold see the plane and we knew our luggage was on the plane already because we checked it into premier checking, as we had bought premier seats. Then we heard from our friends on the flight (six of them) that people were in our seats. That is when we figured out that Condor had already sold our seats - making double money from our original flight purchase. We found another agent from Lufthansa who was opposite the Condor agent we dealt with. She was very helpful. When she called the agent we first dealt with, she couldn’t get a response so she called another number for Condor and was able to get us tickets from Frankfurt to Las Vegas, leaving a couple hours later. The problem is we live in Seattle so we not only had to buy new Condor tickets to Las Vegas for $659.99, but we had to buy tickets from Las Vegas to Seattle on Alaska for $436.60 (a total of $1096.59. Condor made a huge profit from our initial return ticket purchase of $1309.98 by not only taking our money but then selling our first return ticket to someone else. They refused to help us get home so we had to buy another ticket from Condor ($659.99) and that only took us to Las Vegas. We had to spend an additional $436.60 for Alaska tickets to fly from Las Vegas to Seattle. The irony of this whole story is the plane that we missed was delayed an entire hour at Frankfurt. It would have been so easy to have let us on board since we were just five minutes late. They had to take our luggage off the plane and transfer to our new flight. What a waste of time and energy.
Date FlownOctober 2019

"real hit or miss"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. The cabin crew were real hit or miss. One flight attendant was probably the rudest airline employee I've ever met (and I used to work for an airline). Very sarcastic, he corrected me saying they don't have coffee with milk, just coffee with cream. Ok guy. Then complained that this "wasn't a gym" when three of us were stretching in the aft of the aircraft. He also passive-aggressively knocked me in my glasses once reaching over (I'm assuming) and when exiting the aircraft stepped forward to bump shoulders with me. He was also rude to the other crew and passengers. But then randomly nice to some others. That would have never happened on ANA or another real airline where I pay literally half as much for infinitely better service. The food wasn't too bad and I liked the seat in coach though slightly cramped.
Date FlownOctober 2019

"9 Euros to watch movies"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. 9 Euros to watch movies on a 10-hour flight, alcoholic beverages are not complimentary, and the credit card processing machines to purchase items in flight are not compatible with US cards which results with the flight attendants being rude and impatient with you about not having euros in cash to pay as a backup. Flight was delayed by 50 minutes. Never again will I fly with this airline.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"rude and miserable people"

Not Verified | The worst airline I have flown with, ground staff at Frankfurt are rude and icy beyond belief. The aggressive woman at the gate (Frankfurt) was refusing to allow me to go to the toilet, when I pointed out they had not provided toilets and that I needed to go she reluctantly agreed but snarled that she would unload me if the bus arrived. On my return she threw my ticket at me - the bus arrived 30 minutes later! I have flown twice to Anchorage with them, Cabin crew give the impression they do not want to be there, if you do see a smile it appears forced and fake, it’s as if they resent doing their job. Food was just about edible, pasta tubes with a sauce on both legs. No water for first two hours on return flight and no ability to purchase water after security at Anchorage North terminal. All entertainment has to be paid for. Check in is at ANC south terminal, departure is from the north terminal, of course Condor do not tell anyone this so people wandering the terminal looking lost. Check in staff at Anchorage were pleasant enough - they are not Condor staff. This airline could learn a lot from the likes of Virgin on employing the right type of staff. I wish there was another airline that flew direct to Anchorage that is as cheap as Condor, until then we will have to suck it up with these rude and miserable people.
RouteFrankfurt to Anchorage