Condor Airlines

"both flights were wonderful"

Trip Verified | Portland to Frankfurt. Excellent value. Expected to have a miserable experience for such a low fare, but both flight out and return were wonderful. Even food was better than higher cost airlines. The only downside is 30" legroom, but it wasn't uncomfortable.
RoutePortland to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"do not recommend this company"

Trip Verified | The flight DE2402 from Frankfurt to Toronto had been delayed for more than 2 hours without announcing any reason. When I had requested the reason from Condor customer support by calling 1-866-960-7915, I had been redirected by the first agent to request the reason from Toronto (Pearson) airport and the Condor agent had also mentioned that no compensation for delays can be expected. Toronto Pearson airport rejected the request and confirmed it's Condor's airline responsibility to provides updated on delays and reasons for them which sounds valid. So I called 2nd time to the same Condor number and was told they are not going to give any updates on their delays as these delays are very frequent and happen all the time. Condor reps had been rude and not helpful. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto

"exceeded our expectations"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seattle. Condor exceeded our expectations. We read other reviews and were prepared for a worse than United or Delta experience. Condor was cheaper and better. New plane, very clean, good food, nice staff. Left on time and arrived early. Free movies were limited to two: but one was a favorite all-time movie for us and the other we hadn’t yet seen. Hubby watched his favorite and I read a very long book. So, by not having a hundred movies to choose from, we saved many hundreds of dollars. Now, I admit that there was one issue- we booked through Travelocity from Frankfurt to Salt Lake City Via Seattle. Condor sent a schedule change that would not have allowed us enough time to get through customs in Seattle to make our connection to SLC. I called Travelocity and they fixed it for me.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle

"very friendly staff"

Trip Verified | Excellent experience overal with a very competitive in-flight product. I typically fly major carriers in Business including AA, Delta, United. Even though Condor may not offer a fancy flat bed like the major carriers, it is a very comfortable lie flat seat (170 degree angle) 4 times cheaper. The Good: Very clean airplane - Lie flat seat - Very good entertainment system with large screen - Amazing service and very friendly staff. Very good and abundant food and beverages. The Bad: - Entertainment could have a few more movies - No Internet - Boarding was really chaotic - Seat position cannot be adjusted when table is out (weird) - Only 1 bathroom for Business class section.
RoutePhoenix to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"completely regret not listening"

Trip Verified | Anchorage to Frankfurt. Before flying with Condor, I of course read the reviews before spending a large sum of money on an airline I’ve never been on - I completely regret not listening! On my departure date I checked in online and my boarding pass claimed I was on standby with no other information online in regards about our flight status. I attempted to call Condor whom charged me .35 cents/minute and was on hold for over 20 minutes before being disconnected by your service. My significant other and I had no other option but head to the airport 4 hours early to ensure we were going to have a seat on our departing flight. We were told by condor employees that we were involuntarily downgraded from Business class but did not have a seat assigned for us yet. They claimed the previous plane was out of service and had to bring a smaller plane to the airport. Not only was our flight delayed by 2 hours but we were eventually forced to premium class seating. I received a toll-free phone Number to contact Condor in regards to a refund for our business class seats. When calling this number it was a Thomas Cook employee who claimed he could not help us because the company was not affiliated with Condor. My significant other asked to speak to a manager and we were put on hold. Their holding music was of course the theme song for Condor, we were then again intentionally disconnected by your service team and were left with no assistance. I'm very disappointed in the service I've received not only at the airport Condor employees but as well as the Frankfurt Condor employees who were never able to answer our questions and the only option was to email the company. With the stress your company has put me through to get to Europe was absolutely disappointing. And the customer service is disgusting, there is Literally no way to contact you without being charge money by the minute to speak Condor. Even the US number that was given to me so I could speak with a Condor representative was inaccurate. It was an employee that worked with Thomas Cook who refused to help me and had no contact information to provide me to contact the correct company. I will never recommend anyone to ever use this disgusting service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAnchorage to Frankfurt

"It was horrible"

Not Verified | Venice to Baltimore via Frankfurt. It was horrible. Never fly this airline. Flight going, they did not have wheelchair waiting in Frankfurt. Missed flight. Very hard time trying to find someone to speak to. Had to wait around for hours to take another flight. Got to the airport three hours early so I could do duty free but kept taking other passengers to flights so ended up not being able to do any duty free because they took us 15 minutes before boarding.
RouteVenice to Baltimore via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Customer service was a joke"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Frankfurt. Our flight was delayed 27 hours and at the Check in I was told I could purchase new tickets and would be refunded my money back for the flight that was rescheduled in its entirety. A rescheduled flight was not an option for this trip as the new departure time would make me miss my fathers funeral in Hungary. They provided no alternate way for me to get to my destination except for the purchase of new tickets on my own. I filed the complaint as I was told to, and 4 weeks later received an e-mail stating I would be refunded less then half of what I paid for the original tickets, plus I had to purchase new tickets as well. Customer service was a joke, they said there was absolutely no one that I could speak with in regards to this matter and refused to transfer me to her supervisor as he had more important things to do. My only option being to email the complaint company and hope for a response. Save yourself some time, money and sanity and fly with a different airline.
RouteToronto to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Absolutely despicable"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to New Orleans. I didn't think the reviews were as accurate as everyone makes them out to be. Awful airline. Made us recheck our bags which made us late and then wouldn't let us board. The employees even said it was "our fault and we would need to buy a new ticket with them." 2,500€ ticket for one person on a whim and we would have had to wait 4 days in the airport? No thanks. The amount if unhelpfulness was astounding. In fact the last minute ticket people were miles more helpful in getting me home that day. Absolutely despicable, will never even consider this airline again and I urge everyone else to consider other airlines. The extra price is worth it as in my case I just completely lost the entire ticket cost.
RouteFrankfurt to New Orleans
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"It is not worth the money"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Austin. Do not use this airline! 6 hours of delays on my first flight. They messed up my meal and the flight attendants were very unfriendly and made me feel like I was unwelcome. Once I arrived in Frankfurt I find out that due to their delays I had missed my connecting flight. I was told I had to go over to their ticket counter and get rebooked and the when I arrived the lady said they had already rebooked me as if I had any way of knowing. Return flight was also delayed 2hrs. No meal again, had to buy a snack. Was starving after 13hr flight. I arrive in Texas and find out my luggage was lost. It has been a week and Condor is refusing to help me. I have followed all their instructions with no results. If you call them they are rude, if you email them you get a auto reply. This airline is not the fastest route due to their delays. It is not worth the money and it could end up costing you money of they lose your bag.
RouteFrankfurt to Austin

"horribly uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | Seattle to Frankfort. Horrible - I have never flown an international flight with such a small space. 12 hours in a seat that is so small that even my 5'4" frame banged the seat in front of me. Plus, the cushion on the seat is terrible. I only flew this flight because it code shares with Alaska Airlines (my favorite airline) and I wanted to use my miles to bring my daughter along on a business trip. Never again. And it wasn't particularly cheap, either. By the time I paid to choose a seat (how can that be considered extra?) and check a bag (should be included on an international flight), it wasn't really any cheaper than the others. I did not know how bad it would be. I luckily was able to get an aisle seat so that I could get up from the horribly uncomfortable seats. In addition, the flight out of Seattle 3 hours late! (yet it arrived on time, making me believe that they are seriously padding their flight times).
RouteSeattle to Frankfort