Cebu Pacific

Cebu Pacific customer review

I recently flew Cebu Pacific BKK-MNL red-eye flight which was fine (I paid for an exit seat). A few days later I flew MNL-PPS - being the day after the Manila floods the terminal was in complete chaos and the flight was 2 hours late but not bad in the circumstances and again the flight itself was fine. Cebu Pacific fares can look like a good deal but beware of their change fees. Due to the floods I needed to rearrange my travels and change my return flight from PPS. It would have cost me 1977PHP to change my CEB ticket - I chose instead to pay 1837PHP to buy a whole new ticket on Philippine Airlines. With PAL I was able to pay with my Australian Mastercard and avoid CEB's "web admin fee".

Cebu Pacific customer review

Flew on their new route MNL-SYD. As this is a low cost carrier you get what you pay for. There are no blankets pillows complimentary food and drinks or Inflight Entertainment. However the website was easy to navigate when making bookings the aircraft was clean cabin crew were friendly lavatories spotless throughout the flight and the flight was on time. Inflight entertainment consisted of complimentary wi-fi with movie and magazine choices for viewing. You need your own wi-fi enabled device to use the service. Internet access was also available for USD12.00 for the flight. The wi-fi service was stable and reliable. If all you are seeking is a cheap seat Cebu Pacific is the way to go. The fare cost AUD150.00. A competing carrier was offering a fare of AUD700.00. A nice touch was entering the aircraft into the cabin not via a galley which is standard of most aircraft designs. Entering directly into the cabin creates the impression of more space. The configuration of the Cebu Pacific A330-200 is tight with only 8 lavatories. However the cabin is all one class of service and there were no queuing issues with lavatories. Will fly them again for the cheap ticket cost and friendly service.

Cebu Pacific customer review

Flew SYD-MNL return for $144 (AUD) return bargain of a deal. Having flown AirAsia many times I knew the standards of a low cost airline it was pretty much the same. The planes were very quiet (new Airbus A330-300) seats were a little bit smaller and not as comfortable (harder) than AirAsia seats also the recline angle was not as generous but for the price and short distance who cares? A little over cautious on the final security check at the gate on our return flight from MNL total unnecessary (probably not their fault though but rather a requirement set by the Australian Government same thing happens in KL for example). This meant a delayed departure of about 40min they should have allocated more time prior to boarding. Would I fly with them again yes if you love the Philippines and don't care about 'proper airline' service then why not I could even see myself pay $600 for a flight beats flying to KL and then onwards. There are a few other operational procedures they should iron out but fairly satisfied.

(Japan)

If you are looking for a cheap easy flight look elsewhere. Cebu lists low rates to get you started on purchasing a ticket by listing a super low price. By the time you're finished making the reservation it might be quite a bit more and by the time they finish "nickle-and-diming" you for all the "extras" you will have paid more for the flight. In my case I got a round trip ticket from Japan to Manila for what I thought would only be about $300 USD. By the time I finished checking in for my return flight I will have spent more than $700 USD in total. For an international flight that provided no food or water without extra payment. Everything about the flight is cheap. There are no movies no pillows no blankets if buy food on the flight they hand you a hot aluminium case of food (street vendor style) without a tray like other airlines do which makes it all to easy for things to drop away under other seats. In my case I only had so many Philippine Pesos left so I could only afford a dish to eat but couldn't get any water or anything at all to drink. Take my advice if you want a well priced flight that has transparent policies provides food and water during long international flights has movies to watch provides comfort in the cabin (with bedding and providing liquids to drink) choose another airline: for example ANA Singapore Air JAL United. I've travelled to over 30 countries. Cebu was one of the more expensive flights I've taken (final price) and the value for money was the absolute worst.

Cebu Pacific customer review

DXB-MNL MNL-DXB - as what the brand suggests "Budget Airline" so don't expect a five star service. Nevertheless the cabin is clean staff are friendly food are good (Chicken Adobo and Beef Caldereta).

Cebu Pacific customer review

Flew Bangkok-Manila and return. This was my first flight with this airline and I was very impressed. Flight attendants were efficient and pleasant. I would most definitely use them again.

(Luxembourg)

Flight from DUM-MNL on a A320. Nice flight without problems. The crew were really nice and polite.

Cebu Pacific customer review

My family and I had a Manila - Caticlan flight and it couldn't have gone any smoother. We were running late for our check in as there was a car accident on the way and we thought that we would miss our flight. Luckily as we arrived at the counter they were just putting the "closed" sign up and they put us through. One of our group member hadn't pre-purchased the baggage allowance so that took a few more minutes to put through. As we were on our way to the gate we heard our names being called and made a quick dash to the gate and again as we arrived the were just closing the gate and they quickly called the bus over to take us to the tarmac! We found them to be very helpful and accommodating. Would definitely travel with them again.

(Hong Kong)

5J142 MNL-HKG. Often take Cebu pacific for this route and usually on time give or take 10-15 mins. The only complaint is that the departure gates are a mess. We checked in and were told it is gate 109. When we passed immigration noticed an electronic board saying gate 114. I went to 109 which was packed and asked a CP representative who said yes the flight has been changed to gate 114. Went back to 114 where just a handful of people were waiting and indeed we did embark from gate 114 (to a bus which drove us close to gate 110) and then I could see lots of people scurrying from 109 to 114 so they clearly hadn't told all the waiting passengers at 109! There as mass confusion as it seemed almost every flight had its gate changed. Apart from that it is what you expect no food or drink (and no veggie dishes to buy) silly games which pass as "entertainment" to make my flight "more memorable" but it got back on time and that's what matters!

(Austria)

DGT-MNL Seat 1A on 5J626. Flight cost €21 including seat reservation and 20Kg hold luggage. No meal service as it is a low cost airline. On time departure and early arrival for this 1h10 min domestic flight. Cabin crew friendly and full of smiles. A320 new and felt safe onboard.