Cebu Pacific

"all domestic airlines are "budget" versions now"

(Austria)

I wasn't really surprised at the 1-hour delay of my Manila to Cebu flight with Cebu Pacific, since it was out of Manila, but I was a bit disappointed at the lack of clear information provided. I booked the best seat in the plane and paid extra for it as there was no business class available. I'd say the extra 200 Php was worth it given that the plane was packed and the extra leg room was well-appreciated. The flight was alright and since they turned the airline into a "budget" airline there really wasn't much to it. It was a short flight so I didn't mind too much. Don't bother looking for more though as all domestic airlines and flights are "budget" versions now. I would choose this airline over the others again though.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownOctober 2014

(Philippines)

Flight 5J-962 on Aug 4. Nothing much to say, the flight was on time, the price was cheap, the staff were nice. No food or drinks unless you are willing to pay for it. Good experience flying from point A to point B.
RouteDVO to MNL
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Philippines)

This is a no frills airline as you know. But you get what you paid for. The seats were not comfortable, during the 3 hours that we were in the air that's the time I slept, Secondly the FA's were very chatty (they were chatting loudly) and the plane was not clean. However, I still recommend because it was very cheap.
AircraftA320-200
RouteNinoy Aquino International to Tokyo (Narita)
Date FlownJune 2015

(Philippines)

I have used this airline numerous times over the past couple of years and there is one thing you can almost always be sure of, your flight will be late (and I'm not counting delays caused by Manila air traffic control). Be prepared for cancelled flights (often at the last minute). My last flight (Manila to Cebu) was 90 minutes late due to 'a problem with the aircraft'. Tardiness apart, everything else was pretty much as one would expect from a no-frills airline. The staff were okay, check-in passable, the cabin was a little dirty with breadcrumbs on my seat.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2014

Cebu Pacific customer review

SYD-MNL. Check in process looked like it was going to take a long time (huge line) but actually was very well run and took less than 20 minutes. Departed on time/arrived on time. I am 6ft3 and a very large build yet found the seat width and legroom (in the last 4 rows) very good and actually better than a lot of full service carriers. We did not pre-order any meals as they looked less than appealing but snacks were available and very reasonable prices. Great cabin crew always around if needed. Toilets kept clean and despite a full flight were never overcrowded. Very happy with this flight.

(Philippines)

Flew MLA-BKK return then domestic flight MLA-CYN return. No late running on these journeys though I know it can happen. The usual pleasant helpful staff except in Bangkok. They operate from Terminal 3 in Manila which is also decent.

Cebu Pacific customer review

Our family of 18 adults and children were supposed to return to Manila on the last afternoon flight from Coron in early April. As expected the flight got delayed a few times until it was announced that it was cancelled. Someone told us that usually if late afternoon flights are delayed chances are they get cancelled as Coron's airport does not have runway lights at night. We got shuttled to a hotel in the town proper and we were given 4 rooms which we refused as there were at least 5 families. We negotiated to be transferred to another (better) hotel which fortunately had the required 5 rooms. While this was a harrowing experience for us we were fortunate that their staff listened and attended to our needs. Cancelled flights are a big inconvenience esp when you are travelling with small children. We probably will never fly Cebu Pacific anymore.

(Hong Kong)

5J404 Apr 2nd and 5J405 Apr 9th. CEB seems to attempt promoting people to spend more time at the airport. For our recent family trip MNL to LAO they first informed by email and even followed up by call that the flight departure time was 1.5hrs earlier than scheduled. Just to let us then wait for almost 2hrs at a very crowded gate for the departure with a short note that the airplane had not yet arrived. We certainly would have found a better use in MNL for those 2hrs instead of waiting at the airport. It seems CEB starts their implementation of new schedules with informing their customers but only some time later also telling to the pilots and airport about it - interesting approach. Funny enough once we arrived in LAO the crew even announced proudly we arrived as scheduled! On the return flight they seemed to attempt to make up for it by departing 10min ahead of schedule from LAO. Leaves me wondering why they have a schedule at all?

(Hong Kong)

Flew from Hong Kong to Cebu in March 2015. My wife did the booking so I was spared the aggravation of dealing with CP booking procedures and the constantly changing/escalating prices throughout the process. The usual complete chaos at Cebu Pacific check-in HK with insufficient check in staff and no organisation with a planeload of customers queuing for one Cebu flight desk up to the last minute whilst later CP flights were being also being checked-in. CP routinely boards from the satellite terminal which is a bus ride away from the main airport terminal. Stressful start to the journey. Once on the flight you realise why headline prices are so cheap with the bare minimum of legroom no food or even water unless you pay. Overall cheap but uncomfortable and stressful.

Cebu Pacific customer review

Having recently travelled on uncaring Sri Lankan Airlines it was a pleasure to be back on Cebu Pacific (SIN-MNL.) While seat pitch is restricted somehow the A320 felt more roomy than on UL. The 5J flight crew (all female as is often the case) were very pleasant and had manners unlike some on UL. The annoying Cebu Pacific game is repetitive and the prize of a small pouch hardly anything to rave about. In contrast there is quite a good selection of reasonably priced snacks while the pre-ordering of hot meals has become quite popular. Cebu Pacific flights are popular and in my case ran almost on time which was a bonus.