Cebu Pacific

"waiting for our refund"

Not Verified | Puerto Princesa to Sydney via Manila. We had booked our tickets a couple of months before the date. Due to the volcano near Manila we decided to cancel our flight and book another flight via Singapore and Bali to Sydney. We paid a cancellation fee of 32.5%, and now we are waiting for our refund. But they only want to give us a travel fund, but we don't need more flights. We are heading home to the Netherlands soon. The travel fund is only for us, we cannot book for others and is ending at the 17th of April, then our money is gone. Never again.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Sydney via Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"won't be choosing them again"

Not Verified | Pretty disappointed with Cebu Pacific's customer service. I had to cut my holiday short due to the Taal volcano eruption just over 3 weeks ago. We had safety concerns around this high rating and did not feel comfortable with the ash in the air and the flights being cancelled. When I explained that the natural disaster had cut our trip short, Cebu Pacific refused my request for refund with a short and blunt email, a week after I emailed them for assistance. They were very misleading in not sending any information on getting the government tax back which I am 100% entitled to, luckily I had done my own research. It has been three weeks and I am still waiting for my government tax refund request to be reviewed .. a tiny $50AUD return on a $500 flight that I couldn't take because of serious safety concerns. Very disappointed in Cebu Pacific and won't be choosing them again.
RouteManila to Melbourne

"They treated us well"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Manila to Puerto Princesa. At the airport in Manila, a service minded guy named Salahay helped us to get the right advice. He transferred us to a desk with a helpful girl who booked our tickets. It went smooth and fast, they also spoke excellent English. They treated us well! Recommend.
RouteManila to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Shame on you"

Not Verified |Dubai to Manila. To not allow people with a one-way ticket on the aircraft is an absolute scam! I was not allowed on the plane until I showed I had a ticket to leave Manila. It is obvious that this is a scam to try to get people to buy another Cebu ticket. There is no immigration law or policy that states that I need to have a ticket to leave the country before I am permitted to board a plane or enter the country. Shame on you.
RouteDubai to Manila

"extremely negative opinion"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Puerto Princesa. In the check-in desk they haven't accepted confirmed return ticket and forced to buy me another one in the last moment. When i wanted to write a paper that i will arrange my return flight by my self they didn't allowed me to do it. In summary they scam me for 100 euro, even they tickets cost 60 euro online. And i this money i lost because i already have a ticket. So i think this company is scam passengers for buying return ticket in the last moment and their staff are very rude in Hong kong. It cost me so much nervous and 100 euro extra. I think it's their policy how to sell more tickets. I feeling most terrible now after such a flight and have extremely negative opinion about this airlines
RouteHong Kong to Puerto Princesa

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila. Flight was supposed to be at 5:30pm. Boarding time has been delayed multiple times then flight eventually got cancelled at 10pm. Poor communication with in terms of delays/changes causing frustration to passengers. Had a bad customer service in Feb 2019 and thought the airline has improved hence booking another flight but still, they have poor customer service.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I am beyond disappointed"

Trip Verified | I specifically ticked no stopovers in my internet choice for flights. The system gave me a return flight with a 2 hour stopover in Cebu and timed out while I was attempting to book the rest of my party and locked me into a 2 hour stopover I did not want! I rang them within the hour to try and get it sorted and they told me they could not rebook and to ring closer to the date and if there were seats available. I called today and they told me they can do it but have to pay an extra $1000. I’ve flown you a few times and I’ve been pretty tolerant of your long queues and delays but.. you appear to have regressed instead of progressed and I am beyond disappointed that you are penalising me for your own system errors.
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not to book with this airline"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Dubai via Manila, I tried to add extra bags to my ticket, so many times, unfortunately, it was kind of impossible to do that, clearly, it was meant to build that way so the passengers won't be able to do that online, thus, they will be charged more money while they checking in at the counter. That's not the issue only, they charged me two time for my 25 kg bag, once when I checked in from Sydney airport to Manila, and the one more time when I checked in from Manila to Dubai, however it's the exact same airline, same flight booking. They just simply reaping off the passengers' money, for nothing, underlining of the claim of company policy. It's my first experience with Cebu Pacific Airlines and for sure it would be the last, so kindly be advised and take the right choice not to book with this airline.
RouteSydney to Dubai via Manila
Date FlownDecember 2019

"seats are comfortable enough"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Manila. As a budget airline it sits amongst similar airlines. I am yet to see a Cebu Pacific flight leave on time. Whatever the quoted departure/arrival times are, allow at least an hour more - often longer. Being a low cost airline, there is no entertainment apart from the staff who really only attend to Philippine travelers. They have played a quiz game on each flight I've been on - unfortunately the question is shouted form the front of the plane, so good luck in hearing it. The seats are generally comfortable enough for the roughly 9 hour flight. Take a snack with you, the food is not that appealing. Be aware: Sydney to Manila, you can take water with you. Manila to Sydney you can't. No Wifi - I hate to think what they would charge if the had it.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it went from bad to worse"

Trip Verified | The worst all-round experience we have had. We flew form Manila to Dubai on the 20th November 2019. From the minute we arrived in Manila airport it went from bad to worse - firstly we were unable to check in on the self service kiosks so we proceeded to the counter where there was a relatively short queue with three check-in desks open it took over an hour to eventually get served only to be told we had not booked check-in luggage (luckily we had proof of purchase) as you can imagine there were a lot of disgruntled customers at the slowness of the process. Once we boarded the plane we realized there was no entertainment, no charger ports for a 10-hour flight some form of entertainment should be provided at least for this length of time. There was no complimentary meal on board if you are flying at 3 pm and do not arrive until 1 am you would expect to have some food provided. When the refreshment and snacks trolley came around there were no hot meals available only snacks. We wanted to pay with card and we were told the card machine was not working we can only accept cash - 2019 or 1920? We only had a small bit of cash on us so could only buy one bread roll each (2 passengers) to last 10 hours. On top of this, there was no communication from the cockpit to inform us of the length of the journey, where we were etc. Terrible service under no circumstances will we be flying with Cebu Pacific again. Anyone else flying Cebu long-distance, bring cash, some snacks or prepared to be starved.
RouteManila to Dubai