Cebu Pacific

"Avoid at all cost"

Not Verified | Manila to Osaka. I am a solo female traveller on a budget not looking for lavish airlines or awesome plane meals, basic service is fine. Cebu cannot offer that and they screwed me over. 4 hour delay, desk was not saying why or when we would go. Delay caused me to miss my connecting flight booked on the same booking and Cebu will not provide any reimbursement. Had to repurchase two flights, would of been cheaper to fly with a legitimate airline. No one from Cebu was at the gate or terminal to help once arrived and before departure only 1 of 5 people sitting at the desk was actually helping out. Told one of the people at the desk about my concern for my connecting flight after 3 hours delay and he barely uttered “Cebu is only responsible to get you to Osaka” and walked off in the corner on his phone helping no other customers not even giving me a certificate of delay. On arrival there is absolutely no one from Cebu to help transferring customers and no other staff to talk to as it’s 11:30pm (5 mins after my flight left) and the airline phone number is closed till 9am. This cost me a sleepless night in an airport and over $500 dollars to fix. Cebu has offered me no help. Avoid at all cost.
RouteManila to Osaka

"this airline is bad"

Trip Verified | To say this airline is bad is an understatement. In putting together a complex itinerary for my wife, it was overlooked to prepay for one extra bag (weighing 22kg) on her flight from Manila to Bohol. A simple oversight, right? Nope. We had to shell out $110 USD not only for the extra bag, but they also weighed the carry on and it was like 1kg over the ridiculous 7kg limit. How much did the charge me for this? more than 5x the prepay. My wife was supposed to arrive a good 5 hours before the flight, but due to delays by Hong Kong airlines, she was there 3 hours and 50 minutes before the flight. 10 minutes after the 4-hour cutoff (where we could have paid <$20 for all of it). The staff (including the supervisor) refused to do anything or make any considerations. Robots. All of them. Customer support (online) was the exact same. Nobody cared and everyone just cited the online details. So we had to pay more than the cost of the entire ticket (which was $80 or so) just to bring on an extra 22kg suitcase AND we were charged extra for a carry-on which was not heavy or unusual. This airline is nickel and diming its customers and essentially extorting money from them at the "last minute". We’ll never fly this airline again and hope others make the same decision.
RouteManila to Bohol
Date FlownMay 2019

"delayed 6 hours for no reason"

Not Verified | The worst airline flying from Manila to Iloilo. The flight was delayed and going back from Iloilo to Manila was delayed 6 hours for no reason they do not inform you as of why they are delayed. They had other flights that came and went but were priority flights but not ours lots of upset people.
RouteIloilo to Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"Avoid this at all costs"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Iloilo. Probably the worst airline, located in the worst airport in the world, NAIA 3. From the check in process to flying delayed, it is hell on earth. Checkin was a mess. Employees were rude and inconsiderate. Plane is old and smells bad. Fly on another airline. Avoid this at all costs.
Aircraft320
RouteManila to Iloilo

"Very much disappointed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Manila. I have booked Cebu Pacific for the first time not knowing that eventually I have to book 2 separate booking for my flight without paying a luggage with Cebu Pacific. I was trying to pay the baggage online unfortunately the situation made me not to do it as I need to speak to Customer Representative in person to express that I prefer to pay 1 payment since it is the same airline and there is no sense to pay 2 times for the same day flight. At the end the representative who checked me in at first country, could not help with the reason that it is different booking, and very likely He did not put any effort to speak with his superior. Very much disappointed booking with this airlines. Seems the customer satisfaction is number 10 (if it can be the last).
RouteJakarta to Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cebu Pacific knew there was nothing we could do"

Trip Verified | In the last 3 days, I have seen this airline cancel flights without warning and leave people stranded. My girlfriend and I tried to fly to Hanoi but her passport did not have six months left on it by 2 weeks. We were informed that if we got an emergency passport we could fly. It took 3 days due to holidays but we finally received it (passport). Excited to head to Vietnam we arrive at the airport to check in and the gate attendant tells us we now need a visa with a stamp. Something we were told we could apply for when we landed. Vietnam during this time was under a national holiday so nothing was being processed for at least another 3 days. We had already miss several tours and visits we were excited to see and a much needed spa day. Cebu Pacific knew there was nothing we could do with this new policy of theirs. They are getting 3 stars and not 0 because we have had one flight that was uneventful.
RouteHanoi to Manila
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Manila to Melbourne. Very poor customer service and extremely lengthy check in periods. I was asked to arrive 3hrs ahead of my flight which I did only to waste over an hour queuing to check in and drop my bags. The most frustrating fact was that there were over 9 Cebu Pacific check in employees standing idle with only 2 employees actually at the check in desk. It is such a shame and regretful waste of time for customers.
RouteManila to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2019

"cabin crews are rude and have no empathy"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Every time I travel, I always take a nap during the flight. Unfortunately, the flight crews were very noisy chit-chatting about their personal lives. Me and my husband were seated at the back, literally the last seat, so we could really hear them talking about their credit cards, their colleagues personal life, the bag, the shoes etc. So, I looked at them just to give them a hint that they were being loud, but they ignored me and continued with their personal business. The flight was full at that time and one crew put her luggage under my seat. She just grabbed her luggage without saying excuse me which made my chair shake and woke me up. For the number of times I have travelled with Cebu Pacific, one thing I have noticed is that the cabin crews are rude and have no empathy. Their eyebrows are always on arch as if they own the world. Their service will depend on who they are talking to. We filipinos are known for being respectful and hospitable. I hope the company should pay attention to their staff attitude. We are all equal here, paying more or paying less, passenger is a passenger.
RouteMacau to Manila

Cebu Pacific customer review

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Manila with Cebu Pacific. As the reviews say avoid at all cost. There's something about the Philippines and their welfare flight delays. Flight for was suppose to leave at 1:10am, April 28. Got pushed back to 2:45am. Don't know if we'll make our connecting flight to Princessa.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Manila
Date FlownApril 2019

"This is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. This is the worst airline I have ever flown with. I am a Filipina and I love my country. However, this is one of the things I become ashamed of. Cebu Pacific, you need to do a better job. Your lack of organization will put someone's career in the brink. For all the 4 flights I had with was all in delay. I could have missed my flight to go back to Germany and might cause me in deep trouble.
RouteBangkok to Manila