Cebu Pacific

"rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | The personnel at Cebu Pacific Terminal 2 Departures were rude and unhelpful after overcharging me for a tax that applies to Philippine passport holders. They refused to issue a refund for the fee (around $50 USD) unless I traveled round trip 40 minutes to their terminal 1 ticketing office rather than opening the Terminal 2 ticketing booth. Luckily, I unexpectedly arrived at the airport over 2 hours early do to a lack of traffic, yet the service was still highly unprofessional. The staff seemed annoyed with me for asking for the fee to be refunded, and they were even more aggravated to help me reach the necessary desk.
RouteSeoul to Cebu
Date FlownJuly 2019

"pay $200 for the change"

Trip Verified | Although this airline is famous and known for delays and cancellations, I thought I will give them a try anyhow. My flight leaves at 0850 from Caticlan to Manila and my niece leaves at 1000. I was told that my flight was delayed for 1 hr so I asked the agent at the counter if I could join my niece in her flight at 1000 since my flight was delayed anyhow. She said I have to pay $200 for the change and to me that was unsatisfactory since we will be arriving in Manila almost same time already because of the delay.
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Cebu Pacific is so hit and miss"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Cebu Pacific is so hit and miss. And when it misses, you wait for three additional hours. Do not use this airline, pay the little bit extra for Air Asia or Philippines Airlines Limited (PAL). I've been waiting in the airport since 2pm, and it is now 7pm, and I still have not boarded. The management of this company is hopeless. Aircrew are friendly, but management, my goodness!
RouteDavao to Clark
Date FlownJune 2019

"they said gate is closed "

(Cayman Islands)

Trip Verified | Manila to Osaka. There was very poor assistance in terms of making sure their passengers are on board. We were in the airport 2 hours before the flight which is in line with their terms and conditions. The line in check in counter and immigration was too long and was very slow moving. We asked immigration officers for any assistance but they said a representative from the airline will come and assist us so we can just go back to our lines. Few minutes passed and I’m more worried so we tried asking people to let us skip the line as our flight is already boarding, no one allowed us. Then the officer finally helped us. We rushed through the gates and when we arrived there are 2:50pm, they said gate is closed and we can’t do anything about it. The next best thing they did after that is just assist us back to the counter which we all know is nothing! They let us sit and wait for an hour for nothing. No more further consideration in terms of our wasted money and time. Even when we talked to the supervisor, all that he said is he’s sorry. Just that. It feels like they left their passengers on purpose for additional income for new tickets that we’ll book. If they didn’t want that, the best that they can do is to let 17 passengers board the plane few minutes before the flight which they didn’t do. It was a very poor management on difficult situations. They let their passengers waste so much money and time and they’re a source of stress! This is not acceptable Cebu Pacific. All for the money. That’s why your customers can’t be loyal to you. Because money is all that matters for this airline. They really need to do something about considerations they give to their customers. As much as possible, won’t be traveling with this airline again. And I’ll never recommend you to any of my friends who love to travel.
RouteManila to Osaka
Date FlownJune 2019

"overall experience was not nice at all"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Our flight 5J 620 from Bohol to Manila was cancelled because of a short storm that occured the evening before. There was no need to cancel an 8am flight because of a thunderstorm that happened the evening before! Luckily we were reassigned to a 12pm flight later that day so we got home the same day, the flight was smooth but the overall experience was not nice at all! Also heard that there was a flight delayed for 20 hours! Try to avoid Cebu Pacific and get yourself a ticket with a better airline.
AircraftA321ceo
RouteTagbilaran to Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"Customer service is the worst"

Trip Verified | Manila to Iloilo. You think you get a good deal. You better off paying a little more with trusted airline than them. Customer service is the worst I have ever experience. Never I will recommend this airline. Their website sure you don’t do any changes because is you do even you don’t confirm the changes it will go through and it will change you again. If you cancel with all the changes that they will deduct you get about 1-2 % of what you paid. Big big mistake on my part to try this airline.
RouteManila to Iloilo

"In short, shambolic."

Trip Verified | Manila to Hanoi. Following a short storm and some disruption there was a delay to the flight of over 4 hours. Cebu Pacific staff failed to apologise, had very little information, appeared to be disorganized and unprofessional and did not inform passengers of their rights. Flights with other airlines appeared to be leaving. In short, shambolic.
RouteManila to Hanoi
Date FlownJune 2019

"refused to use the card"

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket for my sister to go to Butuan from Manila. They took my money and then after about an half hour later.... they sent an email that stated the credit card was declined as it did not follow safety protocols. so I called them to verify that it was a good transaction and gave my consent to use the card .. they refused to use the card even after verifying all the information to be true. They also refused to refund my money that they took, as well as request that my sister pays for the ticket at the airport in cash, so I told them, not until you refund my money, they still refused. They wanted her to pay for the ticket a second time. They have very poor customer service Here is there response VIA EMail. CEB Fraud Management Team 6:31 AM (59 minutes ago) to (ME) Dear (Deleted for safety reasons) We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your card was not accepted by the system because it breached certain safety parameters in the screening tool used by our company in evaluating all card payment transactions. Your booking is still "CONFIRMED", but subject to payment of the amount due, either in cash or card, at any of our organic ticketing offices or at the airport upon check-in. Thanks, Your Cebu Pacific Team
RouteManila to Butuan
Date FlownJune 2019

"never fly with Cebu Pacific"

Trip Verified | Manila to Sydney. I should have check this site before buying my Cebu pacific tickets. Allowing only one luggage check-in and we were charge a very expensive 2nd luggage amounting to $350 US, food and drinks are not free, pillows and blankets are not free, and seating are narrow and cramp. My message to those checking out this airline, go check other airline and never fly with Cebu Pacific.
RouteManila to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2019

"look for alternative airlines"

Trip Verified | The only positive I can find about this airline is the time given to you as a result of their constant delays and cancellations is the time to write a review about them. I was not aware of the recent issues this airline was having in the Philippines.Unfortunately this airline issues have been overlooked by the Countries Avaition Authority so better to avoid until there is a change in attitude and they show more concern towards the People who decide to visit this incredible country and its local people. In one of my situations a 1 hour flight between 2 airports resulted in a 12 hour flight across 3 airports. Don’t spoil you holidays and look for alternative airlines.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Manila via Iloilo