Cebu Pacific

"I don’t recommend this airline"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Cebu to Siargao. Worst airlines I have experienced. First time our flight has been canceled and I don’t see any returned money yet. Because of this we had to go to our destination through ship during 9 hours. The second time we were late only for 2 minutes and they didn’t pass us to the plane, so we had to buy new double-priced tickets! I don’t recommend this airline!
RouteCebu to Siargao
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They are very incompetent"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Taiwan return, they issue a travel ban on February 10 so we’re not able to use the ticket. I checked on their web site that it’s either I call the hotline or go to the nearest Cebu pacific branch. What I did is I went to their branch in Puerto Princesa to asked for the travel fund their staff has no knowledge about what to do on travel fund they gave me incomplete requirements needed for the refund. I specifically asked them what are the documents needed and the other staff told me just 2 government identification but only to find out that I still need an authorization letter from my sister. I’ve been coming back many times because the supervisor whose supposed to do the refund is not around (because she’s the only authorize to do it according to them) .. it took 11 hours for the travel fund to finished.. They are very incompetent.
Aircraft5J 312
RouteTaipei to Manila

"Ridiculous and inexcusable"

Trip Verified | Manila to Puerto Princesa, Many seats were available. My pregnant wife was in the middle and I by the window. We asked the flight attendant, if we could move to an open aisle seat since my wife needs to use the restroom frequently. She said she would ask the captain. She came back later and said we could not due to policy. A few minutes later others we're changing seats without asking. Then a person from the rear came up and laid across 3 seats just one row up on the opposite side. No flight attendant ever said anything to anyone not did they come back to us and let us change. My wife had to continue asking the person in our row to let her out. This same thing happened on our return flight although we made sure we were on the aisle. But many were changing seats even though it was announced that it was forbidden. No one was ever talked to including there guy who changed sides of the plane during take off. Both stewardesses saw him move across the aisle. Ridiculous and inexcusable. We will not be using your services anymore.
RouteManila to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Overall a good experience"

Trip Verified | Manila to Busuanga. Self check-in and drop-off of the case was quick and effective. The aircraft made a well-maintained impression. The seat spacing was good, the on-board staff were friendly and the food could be expanded against payment. Overall a good experience.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteManila to Busuanga
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"worst airline I have ever taken"

Trip Verified | My flight from Manila to Macau was cancelled 2nd February at 7 pm just as I was supposed to embark. First excuse, the Honk Gong government closed its frontier. Ten minutes later, they said that the Filipino government won’t let any plane coming from China to the Philippines. Still, I want to go to China, I am not coming from there. So, what does it have to do with me again? Afterwards, they told me that every company in the Philippines are forbidden to go to China, Hong Kong and Macau. Finally, a good reason, but why did they lie before? Because I was in transit and didn’t have the stamp, they put me in a hall. There, they took my passport, a really stressful situation. They wouldn’t tell me what was happening and what I could do. I was anxious because the day after I had a flight from Macau to Taipei and from Taipei to Paris. I needed to go to Macau as fast as possible. I was sitting on the floor, hungry, tired and scared of the people of Cebu Airlines. They talked to me, as if they were talking to a dog. I asked if I could call my French embassy with their phone, they wouldn’t let me (I broke my phone the week before). Finally, at 11 pm, they came to me and asked me to take another flight to another place. Luckily, I have money, can you imagine someone who doesn’t? How would he or she do? I had no other choice than to take a flight to Paris at 7 am. At 2 am, they gave me my passport back. What did they do with it? Why did they need it? I left this hall of despair right after and finally got to take my plane back home. Guess what, it’s only after, that I learned that the Philippine airlines wouldn’t go to China. They lied to me again. I could have taken a flight with AirAsia to China. Now about being refund, what a swindle! They first didn’t understand my request. Because I had received a boarding pass, they thought I got on the plane. Don’t they see on their screen that the flight was cancelled? Right now, I am being refund of a modest sum. I am not even thinking about who much money I spend with international calls. Their website is of no use. I didn’t catch my flight from Macau to Paris via Taipei because of them. I had to take another flight from Manila to Paris because of them. Cebu Pacific is the worst airline I have ever taken. Their service is no service.
RouteManila to Macau

"waiting for our refund"

Not Verified | Puerto Princesa to Sydney via Manila. We had booked our tickets a couple of months before the date. Due to the volcano near Manila we decided to cancel our flight and book another flight via Singapore and Bali to Sydney. We paid a cancellation fee of 32.5%, and now we are waiting for our refund. But they only want to give us a travel fund, but we don't need more flights. We are heading home to the Netherlands soon. The travel fund is only for us, we cannot book for others and is ending at the 17th of April, then our money is gone. Never again.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Sydney via Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"won't be choosing them again"

Not Verified | Pretty disappointed with Cebu Pacific's customer service. I had to cut my holiday short due to the Taal volcano eruption just over 3 weeks ago. We had safety concerns around this high rating and did not feel comfortable with the ash in the air and the flights being cancelled. When I explained that the natural disaster had cut our trip short, Cebu Pacific refused my request for refund with a short and blunt email, a week after I emailed them for assistance. They were very misleading in not sending any information on getting the government tax back which I am 100% entitled to, luckily I had done my own research. It has been three weeks and I am still waiting for my government tax refund request to be reviewed .. a tiny $50AUD return on a $500 flight that I couldn't take because of serious safety concerns. Very disappointed in Cebu Pacific and won't be choosing them again.
RouteManila to Melbourne

"They treated us well"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Manila to Puerto Princesa. At the airport in Manila, a service minded guy named Salahay helped us to get the right advice. He transferred us to a desk with a helpful girl who booked our tickets. It went smooth and fast, they also spoke excellent English. They treated us well! Recommend.
RouteManila to Puerto Princesa

"Shame on you"

Not Verified |Dubai to Manila. To not allow people with a one-way ticket on the aircraft is an absolute scam! I was not allowed on the plane until I showed I had a ticket to leave Manila. It is obvious that this is a scam to try to get people to buy another Cebu ticket. There is no immigration law or policy that states that I need to have a ticket to leave the country before I am permitted to board a plane or enter the country. Shame on you.
RouteDubai to Manila

"extremely negative opinion"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Puerto Princesa. In the check-in desk they haven't accepted confirmed return ticket and forced to buy me another one in the last moment. When i wanted to write a paper that i will arrange my return flight by my self they didn't allowed me to do it. In summary they scam me for 100 euro, even they tickets cost 60 euro online. And i this money i lost because i already have a ticket. So i think this company is scam passengers for buying return ticket in the last moment and their staff are very rude in Hong kong. It cost me so much nervous and 100 euro extra. I think it's their policy how to sell more tickets. I feeling most terrible now after such a flight and have extremely negative opinion about this airlines
RouteHong Kong to Puerto Princesa