Cebu Pacific

"almost always delayed"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | If prices do not differ much, go with AirAsia or other airlines. Cebu Pacific is ok if you're travelling lite on a budget. With baggage fees and meals and other add ons, it might end up costing you more or about the same price as competitors. Domestic flights are almost always delayed! Especially flights to/fro Manila. Very early morning or very late evening flights are fine and usually unaffected by delays (if you're fine flying on that time). There is no entertainment and seats do not recline for all international flights I've taken. Prepare for hours of discomfort and boredom if you didn't bring anything to read. Domestic flights, however, do have reclining seats. They have inflight games with prices which are usually CebuPac merchandise. This is the inflight entertainment, and lasts for about 5 minutes.
RouteCebu to Tokyo

"Baggage handled well"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Flew Cebu Pacific Manila to Legaspi City at 5:00PM. Chose this timing for the extended baggage limit due to aircraft being used. Was carrying about 55 kilos and I didn't face any problem at check-in as I purchased 40 kilos baggage allowance and Sports Equipment which is maximum 15 kilos ahead of my flight. Baggage handled well and was first to arrive at the destination. Ground service was great. Flight was full but slightly delayed due to the late arrival of the aircraft which was fine. Cebu Pacific is the best option for me when carrying more than 40 kilos of baggage.
Route Manila to Legaspi City
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | All-in-all an unpleasant experience. Manila to Melbourne. I thought I’d done everything to cover the two pieces of luggage I needed to check-in. I admit, it was my mistake (I think) in concluding that the two pieces I pre-paid for online had a weight allowance of 20kg each, when in fact it turned out it was for a ‘total’ allowance of 20kg. This mistake was made from my experience on other airlines sites that usually either have a straight weight policy, or an individual baggage weight limit. Anyway, I got it wrong, and the penalty for being 6kg over was 6,000 pesos, that’s close to £100, two thirds as much as the original fare. I’d already paid an extra 3,000ps for a seat with extra legroom. The fare that looked very attractive at the outset had more than doubled. As others have stated, the seats are narrow and uncomfortable, and the food I pre-paid for was bland. There is no in-flight entertainment. If you’re flying internally in the Philippines, Cebu Pacific might be a prudent choice, but in future, for international flights, I will certainly be happy to pay a little extra for a more pleasant experience.
RouteManila to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"arrived a little bit early"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Manila. Checked-in online using their app to avoid any hassle at the airport and so I can go directly to the boarding area as I didn't have luggage to check in. Flight left on time and arrived a little bit early from schedule which was a plus. The weather was fine and the view from window was great. It was a good day to fly.
Date FlownAugust 2019

"This is unacceptable from Cebu"

Trip Verified | I travelled with Cebu for an internal flight in the Philippines back in July 2019. I rebooked with them for a flight from Melbourne to Manila for Dec/Jan 2019/2020. I had to cancel my flight due to personal reasons. Instead of giving me a refund Cebu gave me a credit note that I had to use within 3 months. When I rang them and explained my need to cancel I got the usual terms and conditions excuse and they refused to refund me my fare. When Cebu had the opportunity to act with compassion and fairness they chose not to. This is unacceptable from Cebu.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"very narrow seats"

(Norway)

Not Verified | We had an early flight out of Bangkok, we came early, no long lines before we came to passport control, there we waited around 20 minutes. Departure and arrival on time, I think Cebu Pacific are pretty clever to get their planes on time, even with the airport conditions they have to live with in Manila. We had a pre-ordered meal, that was a waste of money. The bad thing about Cebu Pacific is the very narrow seats. I am 1.83 and I sat with my knees in the seat in front of me for three hours. On the first leg to Bangkok, I had an aisle seat, I sat looking at the boarding passengers, when a very big guy, entered. He came down the aisle and of course he had the middle seat on my row! He took around 1.5 seats when he sat down, we were very lucky that the plane was not fully booked. They will get new planes in the coming years, where their seats are even more narrow, no thanks.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it was value for money"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Manila. First time flying on Cebu Pacific on this route. I must say that it was beyond my expectations. Flight left on time. Crew were cheerful, it was value for money. Bought my ticket for around 700 Php which is way way better than taking riding 10-hour bus ride to MNL for double the price. Cebu Pacific is an excellent choice if you're able to chance upon their seat promotions 3 to 4 months before your flight.

"I cannot find fault"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Manila, August 2019 flight was on time. Perfect weather in LGP and a little bit of rain in MNL but didn't affect flight in any way. Bought my ticket less thank 1K Php so it was a steal. Ground & in flight service were good. I cannot find fault on this flight.

"no issues at all"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Siargao. Generally, from the booking to my actual flight to the improved after flight customer service experience, no issues at all. I am going to give a low rating because I feel that Cebu Pacific management will not care. This is because of how my nephew’s changed flight was delivered and relayed. Flight time change should be handled with care and consideration. He missed his flight therefore, ruined our vacation plans.
RouteManila to Siargao
Date FlownAugust 2019

"They simply just do not care"

Not Verified | Caticlan to Manila. I have been flying with Cebu for my trip in the Philippines and every single time, the flight is either delayed or mad rushed with gate changes. They can’t keep their story straight with the delayed flights, “your plan left Manila 10 minutes ago it should arrive in 45 minutes” 45 minutes later, “your flight has still not left Manila, it will be leaving in approx 20 minutes”. All lies. Waste of time for an airline. They simply just do not care. Poor customer service, unreasonable delays, high costs for extremely economy flights with below average planes. This airline is so bad and I wouldn’t recommend it.
RouteCaticlan to Manila