Cebu Pacific

"refused to give me a refund"

Trip Verified | I booked with Cebu Pacific just before coronavirus. Unfortunately they cancelled my flight and refused to give me a refund. Instead they gave me a ‘Travel Fund’ credit that I had to use within 1 year. The world was still locked down when the expired date of my travel fund credit was due to end, therefore making it impossible to use the credit. Cebu Pacific have refused to extend the credit and refused to refund my money for the flight they cancelled. As they are refusing to provide the product I purchased and refusing to return my money, they have basically stolen money from me.
RouteManila to Peuto Princess
Date FlownNovember 2022

"avoid transferring via Manila"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Transferring via Manila is to be avoided. Cebu staff will confiscate your passport and keep for hours. Nowhere are things handled this unprofessional and without clear information. Avoid Cebu Pacific and avoid transferring via Manila.
RouteHong Kong to Denpasar via Manila
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Definitely will not recommend"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | A typhoon had hit the Philippines and they had announced cancelled flights. 5J 805 was not in the list, so I went to the airport. I go to the airport and they tell me to go through check-in. Overly long line only to be told at the end of a 1 hour wait that the flight was cancelled and that I had to rebook. I rebook to a later flight that they said will fly. 5J 801 is then cancelled 2 hours before. Insurance for both flights are suddenly eaten up by the void. Refund takes 2 months to push through. Definitely will not recommend. Quite the terrible cash grab and blatant highway robbery.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2022

"needs customer service training"

Trip Verified | Ground crew if this airline company needs customer service training. They practically would not even explain things clearly. They think the few words they say rudely would be enough to satisfy the customers. I would rather not argue with them and just submit a review.
RouteTacloban to Manila

"I am very disappointed"

(Israel)

Not Verified | 1-in check in they charged us unexpectedly 3K~ peso, first time in domestic Philippines flight after more then 5 with other companies-none proportional for check in luggage 20Kg Standard. 2- after check in and 2 approves bags of 7 Kg, we have been stopped at boarding and charged for additional 2K. It was small laundry bags and the plane was empty! I am very disappointed, it is very not proportional, first time some company do it to me! There was no space issue! They doubled our tickets cost, it is our honeymoon, we were very unpleased.
RouteCebu to Borakay
Date FlownOctober 2022

"attitude just humiliated us"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Our experience with the company is simply terrible. I booked a flight to Surigao and not to Siargao (islands with very similar names). Yes, the mistake is mine. The company did not try to help us understand that the islands are so close that the hour and a half ferry separates them, they treat us with terrible indifference. We paid a lot of money for the tickets because of our luggage. Their attitude just humiliated us. We tried to reach a compromise with them and book a ticket later in the day but everything was sold out. We asked for a discount for tomorrow's flight but their answer remained "we can't" without showing any effort on their part.
RouteCebu to Surigao
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever! We booked our flight to Puerto Princessa that was supposed to depart at 8:30 am. Then the airline changed our flight to 11:30 am. We arrived 2 hours before our 11:30 am flight and upon boarding time, I discovered that we were not listed as checked-in although we were checked-in online. The airline agents at the counter were so rude. They said they called our names but we never heard our names called. I asked for a supervisor. Then this guy with walks up and I asked if he was a supervisor and he said yes but refused to give me his name. I noticed his ID badge was turned around so you couldn’t see the name. The airline agents at the counter also had their ID badges turned inwards so you can’t see the names. Is this their standard operating procedures? I ended up getting on another flight at 3:30 pm so we lost a lot of time dealing with this sun-standard airline. Never again will we fly with Cebu Pacific.
RouteManila to Puerto Princessa
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I will not fly with Cebu again"

Not Verified | The customer service lady was lovely, customer service policy is terrible. They are given no authority to help customers on very reasonable requests. When pressing the customer service worker to talk to supervisor after being told to call back later and wait another hour on wait line, I’m put on hold again and told exact same thing... there is no supervisor and no authority for customer service person to do anything. This is after an aggregate of 5 hours on phone. This is not normal for an airline. I fly often and Cebu airways offer a uniquely poor service. I feel sorry for their customer service staff and very let down as a customer as these are clearly cynical top down policies that could easily be reviewed for a satisfying customer experience and of no disadvantage to the airline. I will not fly with Cebu again.
RouteSydney to Cebu

"airline overbooked seats"

Trip Verified | Flew from Caticlan to Manila. The airline overbooked seats and asking us to give up one seat and move onto the next flight. Which is unacceptably crazy! Have to take a bus to get to the plane’s departure and 3 busses were full elderly and kids have to stand! Upon boarding one of our seats were taken coz apparently the people in the airport booked two people in same seat number. Totally absurd!
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2022

"had my fill of their stupidity"

Not Verified | I have flown Cebu Pacific multiple times only because Philippine air did not have many choices for our flight plans. You cannot talk to anyone on the phone to resolve problems. The website and app are terrible. They give different options that either include baggage or don't. No matter which option you choose they send messages saying you didn't pay for checked in bags. The first time I believed i was allowed 2 bags. My excess baggage fee was $300 for my wife and I. The last time, I purchased the extra baggage thinking i had no bags. Paid $75 extra for 2 bags each. Then they said oh you didn't need that, your bags are included. But a message was sent to me saying that if i needed to check a bag, I needed to purchase it. I have really had my fill of their stupidity. And they are never on time.
RouteLegaspi to Manila