Cebu Pacific

"extremely negative opinion"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Puerto Princesa. In the check-in desk they haven't accepted confirmed return ticket and forced to buy me another one in the last moment. When i wanted to write a paper that i will arrange my return flight by my self they didn't allowed me to do it. In summary they scam me for 100 euro, even they tickets cost 60 euro online. And i this money i lost because i already have a ticket. So i think this company is scam passengers for buying return ticket in the last moment and their staff are very rude in Hong kong. It cost me so much nervous and 100 euro extra. I think it's their policy how to sell more tickets. I feeling most terrible now after such a flight and have extremely negative opinion about this airlines
RouteHong Kong to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila. Flight was supposed to be at 5:30pm. Boarding time has been delayed multiple times then flight eventually got cancelled at 10pm. Poor communication with in terms of delays/changes causing frustration to passengers. Had a bad customer service in Feb 2019 and thought the airline has improved hence booking another flight but still, they have poor customer service.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I am beyond disappointed"

Trip Verified | I specifically ticked no stopovers in my internet choice for flights. The system gave me a return flight with a 2 hour stopover in Cebu and timed out while I was attempting to book the rest of my party and locked me into a 2 hour stopover I did not want! I rang them within the hour to try and get it sorted and they told me they could not rebook and to ring closer to the date and if there were seats available. I called today and they told me they can do it but have to pay an extra $1000. I’ve flown you a few times and I’ve been pretty tolerant of your long queues and delays but.. you appear to have regressed instead of progressed and I am beyond disappointed that you are penalising me for your own system errors.
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not to book with this airline"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Dubai via Manila, I tried to add extra bags to my ticket, so many times, unfortunately, it was kind of impossible to do that, clearly, it was meant to build that way so the passengers won't be able to do that online, thus, they will be charged more money while they checking in at the counter. That's not the issue only, they charged me two time for my 25 kg bag, once when I checked in from Sydney airport to Manila, and the one more time when I checked in from Manila to Dubai, however it's the exact same airline, same flight booking. They just simply reaping off the passengers' money, for nothing, underlining of the claim of company policy. It's my first experience with Cebu Pacific Airlines and for sure it would be the last, so kindly be advised and take the right choice not to book with this airline.
RouteSydney to Dubai via Manila
Date FlownDecember 2019

"seats are comfortable enough"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Manila. As a budget airline it sits amongst similar airlines. I am yet to see a Cebu Pacific flight leave on time. Whatever the quoted departure/arrival times are, allow at least an hour more - often longer. Being a low cost airline, there is no entertainment apart from the staff who really only attend to Philippine travelers. They have played a quiz game on each flight I've been on - unfortunately the question is shouted form the front of the plane, so good luck in hearing it. The seats are generally comfortable enough for the roughly 9 hour flight. Take a snack with you, the food is not that appealing. Be aware: Sydney to Manila, you can take water with you. Manila to Sydney you can't. No Wifi - I hate to think what they would charge if the had it.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it went from bad to worse"

Trip Verified | The worst all-round experience we have had. We flew form Manila to Dubai on the 20th November 2019. From the minute we arrived in Manila airport it went from bad to worse - firstly we were unable to check in on the self service kiosks so we proceeded to the counter where there was a relatively short queue with three check-in desks open it took over an hour to eventually get served only to be told we had not booked check-in luggage (luckily we had proof of purchase) as you can imagine there were a lot of disgruntled customers at the slowness of the process. Once we boarded the plane we realized there was no entertainment, no charger ports for a 10-hour flight some form of entertainment should be provided at least for this length of time. There was no complimentary meal on board if you are flying at 3 pm and do not arrive until 1 am you would expect to have some food provided. When the refreshment and snacks trolley came around there were no hot meals available only snacks. We wanted to pay with card and we were told the card machine was not working we can only accept cash - 2019 or 1920? We only had a small bit of cash on us so could only buy one bread roll each (2 passengers) to last 10 hours. On top of this, there was no communication from the cockpit to inform us of the length of the journey, where we were etc. Terrible service under no circumstances will we be flying with Cebu Pacific again. Anyone else flying Cebu long-distance, bring cash, some snacks or prepared to be starved.
RouteManila to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"don't expect responsible service"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Kalibo to Manila. Worst airline experience. Delays can last as long as 8-hours with no meals. If complaints are filed whether online or written, you will only get an electronic reply and won't hear from them ever after. Fare is cheap so don't expect a responsible service.
RouteKalibo to Manila
Date FlownDecember 2018

"experience was okay"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Singapore. My experience with Cebu Pacific was okay actually, the seats are fine and they have a charging port so i can charge my phone and use it as the inflight entertainment, The food though is not that good and it is quite expensive but over all if you are in a tight budget you can choose to fly with this airline and about the meal you can bring your own for you do not have to spend for food.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"almost always delayed"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | If prices do not differ much, go with AirAsia or other airlines. Cebu Pacific is ok if you're travelling lite on a budget. With baggage fees and meals and other add ons, it might end up costing you more or about the same price as competitors. Domestic flights are almost always delayed! Especially flights to/fro Manila. Very early morning or very late evening flights are fine and usually unaffected by delays (if you're fine flying on that time). There is no entertainment and seats do not recline for all international flights I've taken. Prepare for hours of discomfort and boredom if you didn't bring anything to read. Domestic flights, however, do have reclining seats. They have inflight games with prices which are usually CebuPac merchandise. This is the inflight entertainment, and lasts for about 5 minutes.
RouteCebu to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Baggage handled well"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Flew Cebu Pacific Manila to Legaspi City at 5:00PM. Chose this timing for the extended baggage limit due to aircraft being used. Was carrying about 55 kilos and I didn't face any problem at check-in as I purchased 40 kilos baggage allowance and Sports Equipment which is maximum 15 kilos ahead of my flight. Baggage handled well and was first to arrive at the destination. Ground service was great. Flight was full but slightly delayed due to the late arrival of the aircraft which was fine. Cebu Pacific is the best option for me when carrying more than 40 kilos of baggage.
Route Manila to Legaspi City