Cebu Pacific

"service get any worse?"

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. Could customer service get any worse? I have flown on over 50 Cebu Pacific flights over the last 10 years and none have been on time! Today I am sat at Manila whilst my flight is yet again delayed. The scheduled departure time came and went, without any announcement from staff. I approached staff and was told boarding in 10 minutes, that was 2 hours ago! The next staff member said flight had arrived and expect 20-30 minute delay. Again that passed a long time ago. The third staff member said flight was due to arrive in 30 minutes so expect up to 2 hours delay! Flights are regularly delayed, staff just make up any excuse rather than give actual correct information to passengers.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never use their services again"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Manila to Kota Kinabalu. Up to now I enjoyed to fly with Cebu Pacific because of the low price.The planes are new, however, most of the flights are delayed. The reason might be the overcrowded airport in Manila. Right now I am fighting with them for the refund of a cancelled flight. They said that they refunded the fare to my credit card but it never arrived there. E-mails or Twitter to the customer service are answered with standard phrases which are in no context to the problem. Right now they ignore all e-mails. So I think I have to go there with a lawyer to get my money back. I will never use their services again.
RouteManila to Kota Kinabalu

"just simply satisfied"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Manila. The promo fare is already a big reason to be happy flying with Cebu Pacific as they give people opportunity to travel and visit beautiful destinations in the country. The flight was delayed for 45 minutes, not a big deal for me. Ground crew and cabin crew were friendly. As for the flight experience, there was nothing very special but I was not expecting much. Seat was comfortable. No reason for me to give them low rating. I am just simply satisfied. Keep it up.
RouteDumaguete to Manila

"dismissive staff"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila. A truly awful experience, poor catering options, dismissive staff who seem more interested sitting in the galley gossiping, filthy toilets that staff never checked and a delay of 4 hours plus. Well priced flights but the trade off simply isn’t worth it, use another airline.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2018

"airline is not worth it"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila. This airline is not worth it. You have to buy everything, even a blanket. We been delayed for 7 hrs for stupid reasons, there is no onboard entertainment. The plane is a 1 year old A330-300 with a poor seat.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"my expectations are adequate"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila. I fly on Cebu Pacific often, intl and domestic flights. I know very well it is a budget airline so my expectations are adequate. Out of 20 flights, 19 were on time and 1 was heavily late but luckily it did not disrupt our journey too much. They offered a voucher for free flight that we could use for an really expensive segment of our next trip. In the case of advance schedule change, Cebu gave us opportunity to adjust our flights, everything was smooth and professional. Most of our long-haul flights were landing ahead of time so we even took the risk to book a connecting flight DXB-MNL-IAO with only 1 hour for transfer between intl and domestic terminal in Manila and it worked perfectly.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"exceeded my expectations"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Legazpi return in August 2018. Both flights were OK. MNL-LGP delayed for about 1 hr was was fine for me and not airline's fault. Return flight was on time. Cebu Pacific is budget airline so everything is buy on-board. Service from both ground and on-air were commendable. All in all I can say the these two flights exceeded my expectations.
RouteManila to Legazpi

"there was no delay"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. Cebu Pacific has improved on some points I had issues with in the past. For one, there was no delay, flight actually arrived on the destination earlier than scheduled. And online processing of booking was easier.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownJuly 2018

"improve your customer first services"

Trip Verified | Worst flight ever, a normal delay of 20 minutes without any announcement until passed the boarding time. The seats cannot recline. The flight arrived on time, but instead of letting the passengers get off the plane first, they will "park" the airplane to the overnight position first; before letting the passengers get off. That's extra 10-15 minutes of delay + slow luggage services from the Cebu airport. A short 35 minutes flight will become a 1 hour major production. Please improve your customer first services in your SOP.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteDumaguete to Cebu
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seems like they are running a scam"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Manila to the usual system is that once you’re in the check in they weigh the check in & hand carry luggages. If the handcarry is too heavy, there will be an opportunity to move stuff to the check in. The lady at the counter didn’t do so, so we assumed that everything was ok. Once we got to immigration, the officer started checking the weight of our luggage. I’ve never seen an immigration officer check the weight for airlines because each airline have different standards. This was already sketchy to us because it felt like a scam. This didn’t give anyone an opportunity to rearrange the luggage to suit the required weight and you would have no other choice BUT to pay for the extra weight. 2nd JPN-MNL we still haven’t flown but I’m just really disappointed with Cebu Pacific so I’m writing this. Aside from the flight being delayed for an expected 4 hours and more, we had to pay 2900 yen for our check in luggage. Apparently we only paid check in luggage for one way (MNL-JPN) and we didn’t do so the other way. But when I did the online check in, I clearly saw that we had one check in baggage. The lady said that she can’t find it in the system and that we would have to take it up in the Philippines. We tried to explain that this was an online booking and if she can’t find it in the system. Most likely they won’t be able to find it in their system too. Assuming that they run the same system. So we paid and the lady said we should just try to get reimbursed. We left the counter and my mom realized that we didnt get a receipt. We went back to get it because they didn’t accept any forms of card and only accepted cash. We almost couldn’t pay for it since we didn’t think we’d have to pay again. Without the receipt, we have no proof that we paid for the check in luggage. No cards, just cash? Really? I understand that cash is a necessity at places that don’t have the proper technology or whatever. But this is an airline that should accommodate every person, especially when they start adding up costs. The point is, this entire airline seems like they are running a scam and I am so disappointed. Needless to say, I will be warning all my family and friends about this airline. I’d rather pay a little bit more for a better airline.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita