Cebu Pacific

"I have not received a refund"

Trip Verified | I am shocked and disgusted with the customer service from Cebu Pacific. My flight was cancelled in March and I was told I would receive a refund by August/September at the latest. I have not received a refund and my emails are now being ignored. I feel like I have been treated with disrespect and it is not good enough.
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They have no regard for customer"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Sent wrong information about the flight - no apology - Not informed of changes, no apology. Call centre staff are unhelpful - no apology. Spent over an hour calling them to request refund, from another country, and they gave no solution and will not even show the courtesy to call or even email customer back. They have no regard for customer.
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2020

"have been waiting for our refund"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Our flight was for oct 5 2020. sept 19th 2020 Cebu air canceled out fights due too covid. 19 We have been waiting for our refund for over a month now. They tell us it could take 5 billing cycles. They confirmed too me I may have to wait till feb or march of 2021. This is not acceptable, they took my money with no trouble. With all due respect the handling of this matter concern's me and I will do my best too fly with another company. I had a similar situation's with other airlines and got my money back pronto as it should be. Also I am having trouble getting my insurance money returned from them as well.
RouteManila to Davao City
Date FlownOctober 2020

"for short flights its okay"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila in November 2019. As this is a low-cost airline the service is 'no-frills'. Nevertheless, the ground service is good - not the best - but I suggest more check-in counters. The flight departed on time and arrived on time. While this may not be the same on other flights - they are improving on their on-time performance. Cost for money is good - considering I only paid half of what I would usually pay if I chose a full-service carrier for this route. The legroom was a little bit crampy, but you get what you paid for. This A330 operated by Cebu Pacific is infamous for its cramped seating configuration. I wouldn't recommend this for a long-haul flight, but for short flights its okay. You get to your destination on the cheapest price while the product quality is still there.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"shameful and disgraceful airline"

Trip Verified | Withholding my money over 4 months on a refund that THEY offered I was offered and accepted a full refund on 16 March. Initially told it would be two months then when two months had passed, suddenly it would be 3-4 months for the refund to be processed. It is now 23 July and my money is still being withheld despite being past the 4 month mark. Useless apologies asking for my understanding when I’m over €200 out of pocket mean nothing to me. Other airlines have managed to issue refunds despite the crisis, I cannot think of any excuse for me to have still not received my money back. I would give 0 stars if I could. Not a trustworthy airline. Absolutely shameful and disgraceful airline
RouteManila to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they don't pay back my money"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I paid my ticket with my credit card. Within seconds Cebu Pacific the money was transferred. Regrettably I could not fly and asked Cebu Pacific for a refund of the taxes. Cebu Pacific agreed but since two months they don't pay back my money.
RouteDipolog to Puerto Princesa via Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Validity is for one year"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Legazpi. Cancelled my flight due this pandemic. Opted put the money to my travel fund that didn't take me more than 2 minutes to do. Validity is for one year. Good job Cebu Pacific
RouteManila to Legazpi
Date FlownMay 2020

"refusing to refund flights"

Trip Verified | They are refusing to refund flights cancelled because of COVID 19 from 15 March onwards. They are giving us false options to choose between full refund and travel fund in their official site, but actually you are forced to accept travel fund which 90% of people won't be able to use anyway. What's even worse, their customer care is not even replying on multiple emails and complaints for weeks. They really deserve the lowest possible score. Tourists should boycot this airlines 100% for all their lies and I definitely won't use it again.
RouteManila to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refuse to give a refund"

Not Verified | They canceled my flight due to Covid-19 and now refuse to give a refund. Besides advertising it on there own website. They only gave me a travel fund which i can use in the next 180 days. Customer Service is not helpful at all and extremely hard to reach. It took me almost 3 weeks and 10 Mail until i got an answer. I will never book with them again.
Date FlownApril 2020

"stealing my cash"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I had flights from Manila to Bangkok and when travel bans for COVID-19 were release. I decided to call them and get a refund as per their policy, I was informed that my flight was cancelled by someone without my knowledge and the remaining fund were put into a "Travel Fund" (which was less than half of what I paid them and I will never use). Worst of all they can't even guarantee that this person will not be able to make a flight booking with the remainder of the travel fund thereby stealing my cash, honestly don't think their call centre agents even understand what the issue was here, it's very said that their business is run in such an unethical way, I didn't even get a chance to fly with them. Safe travels.
RouteManila to Bangkok