Cebu Pacific

"not be flying Cebu Pacific again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified |  I've had bad experiences with Cebu Pacific before, but none quite as bad as the latest. Our flight to Hong Kong (from Manila) was scheduled for 15.35 on Feb 17. We boarded on time, and (stupidly) I believed that everything would go as planned. After driving around the runway forever, the pilot announced there was a "technical difficulty" and we would be returning to the boarding gate. This resulted in a fun hour long delay during which nothing was explained. After an hour of waiting, the pilot announced we would be leaving shortly. We left Manila and I (once again, stupidly) believed that all was well. After 20 minutes of flying, the pilot announced that there were technical difficulties and that we would need to turn around and go back to Manila. Upon landing in Manila at 7pm, we were assured that a new plane was available and we could board it at 8pm. Well, we boarded at 8. It is now 9.30 and we still haven't left yet. I will not be flying with Cebu Pacific again. I strongly recommend that you don't either, unless you enjoy wasting your money and being messed around for several hours. As a fun little treat, the live agent on their website was useless and unhelpful. Did not even attempt to answer my questions in any way, shape or form. If you fly with them after reading this, good luck and godspeed.
RouteCebu to Hong Kong via Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“It is not worth the money”

Trip Verified | I will keep this short and simple: if trash could fly it would be this airline. It is not worth the money. Please don’t waste your money on them. By far the worse airline I’ve travelled with. And I’ve travelled half the world.
RouteBocaray to Cebu
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“intentionally changing people's booking”

Trip Verified | On our outbound flights Sydney - Phillipines, my partner and I travelled with one bag each (as we had booked). When checking in for our return flights we were told our booking only had 1 bag in total, despite our booking email showing two bags. The check-in agent insisted we pay 5000PHP excess baggage charge to take our return flights. On return to Australia, we have tried over ten times to resolve this issue with Cebu Pacific. Each time we were lied to, told a refund was coming but it never came. Cebu Pacific is intentionally changing people's booking so they can levy further charges. It's particularly terrible that they are doing this when travellers are overseas in the Phillipines and so are more vulnerable (no internet, not sure of local laws and customs).
RouteSydney to Puerta Princessa
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"every flight was delayed"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Horrible experience, I had 3 flights with Cebu Pacific while on vacation, but every flight was delayed by more than 3 hours, with no or very general excuse. It ruined our vacation, since we lost many hours due to delays, and also missed connecting flight with Air Asia, which caused havoc in our plans. Flight itself was okay, no issues, but the delays are so annoying.
RouteCebu to Caticlan

“Disinterested crew”

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Cebu Pacific is more realistically Cebu pathetic. Disinterested crew, hard uncomfortable seats, bus gates, dirty planes. Really it was a sad airline to have to fly with and I won't do it again.
RouteManila to Caticlan
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"this airline is on another level"

Trip Verified | Only fly with this airline if you want to ruin your holiday spirit or have no other choice. I'm just hoping they file for bankruptcy soon. We all most know airlines are cash grabbing companies with bad service but this airline is on another level.
RouteCebu to Boracay
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"disorganized and cancel flights"

Not Verified |  This is by far the worst airline I've ever travelled with. They are horribly disorganized and cancel flights. They deliberately make everything difficult and customer service is the worst. You try their online chat and the agent disconnects and doesn't reply. Over and over. You literally can't change a flight with them, but they can cancel you with no notice.
RouteBacolod to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2023

"not having the appropriate manners"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | My wife recently had heart surgery and could therefore not walk fast enough. Because being Filipina she has to queue on a different passport control line. I, therefore, arrived at the gate earlier. When making the staff aware of my wife's heart problem and her not being able to walk fast, they asked me "why would we care?" When turning around to sit back down after this interaction, one of your employees spoke in Tagalog to the others and all laughed. Is this the service one can expect from Cebu Pacific? What kind of airline is this? What do they write in their hiring add "Searching for the most unqualified, most useless person available. Not liking to interact with people, and not having the appropriate manners for that matter, is mandatory"?
RouteManila to Hanoi
Date FlownDecember 2023

"online check in line is always so much longer"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | I don’t understand why the online check in line is always so much longer than the regular check in line. Also, why offer a smart check-in option only to get a piece of paper printed out saying “please take boarding pass from the check in counter”. This airline needs better and more efficient way of checking people in.
RouteNarita to Clark
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Horrible service and attitude"

Not Verified | Was told my flight is canceled. I had to book a new one and was told I can request a refund. Did exactly this. Then I was told it’s actually not canceled. I already made a lot of extra costs (Extra hotel nights, and new booking). They were ‘happy to announce’ it was not canceled. I explained them they told me it’s canceled. I shown proof. They didn’t care. So I booked double. And they do not bother to refund or anything. Horrible service and attitude!
RouteCebu City to Manila