Cayman Airways

"the delays are long"

(Cayman Islands)

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Grand Cayman. Don't even think about flying Cayman Airways until the Max 8 are back in the air. They are currently flying a schedule that they can't possibly make and the delays are long! No TV's or WIFI available.
RouteNew York JFK to Grand Cayman

"worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | New York to Grand Cayman. When we flew into this country, we had a wonderful experience. Flying back however, was the worst flying experience I’ve ever seen. We were met at the check in counter by the rudest woman I have ever met in my life. She not only rolled her eyes about a dozen times, charged us the incorrect amount for bags and told us it was our fault, and cussed under her breathe about 4 times during our interaction, and she decided to take a personal cell phone call while checking us in (she walked away from us on the phone), and there were about 25 people behind us in line. We then went through customs where they proceeded to tell us there were totally different flight regulations for our carry on. The rude woman told me to take all liquids out, and put them in a little bag she gave me. She then informed me that this included my lipstick (since when is lipstick and liquid?). So as I’m emptying out my whole purse she starts hysterically laughing that I have “so many more liquids in the carryon”. We wound up having to go all the way back to happy pants at check in and check our carryon. Then, I return with no liquids, to find out that my brother, his girlfriend, and my fiancé have all been stopped too for a “random check”. I have never had an experience with an airline that is less competent, kind, or respectful in my life. I would take ten connecting flights before flying this airline ever again.
RouteNew York to Grand Cayman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Staff were very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | We were on a 7:50 am flight to go to Miami with quick stop in Grand Cayman. We had a day of lies (need a part, sending extra planes, you’re on the next flight, etc). It took 14 hours to board our flight then another 30+ minute wait because of ‘incorrect paperwork’. 30 minute flight then another 90+ minute wait at other end for information and vouchers. Staff were very unprofessional. One check in person even came outside to argue with the lady Running the taxi stand. Everyone missed connecting flights, incurring hundreds of dollars in extra fees or booking last minute. No apologies from anyone with the airline. What a bad way to end a fabulous diving vacation. Took almost another whole day to get home.
RouteGrand Cayman to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Don't fly Cayman Airways"

Not Verified | Don't fly Cayman Airways. 12 hour delay, communicated to us every few hours, because the flight crew had to rest. Been in the airport 12 hours now, with no reliable take-off time, and no offer of compensation for a full day missed of vacation. The customer service is atrocious! Upon further research I have learned that this is a normal course of business for this airline. They do not honor their flight times, and fly upon the crews whims. Save yourself the aggravation and fly JetBlue instead!!
RouteJFK to Grand Cayman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Grand Cayman to New York. I fly more than most most people, typically 6-8 a months between work and personal purposes. This airline has by far been the worst airline experience I have had. They kept the cabin lights on through out the duration of the flight and it was an evening flight. The flight attendants did not contain the passengers. Several were highly intoxicated as well loud and obnoxious forwards other passengers. Unreal! The food served was simply atrocious. The pilot told us the flight time was 3 hours and 13 minutes. Apparently there were no complications, but we still arrived after 4 hour. We sat on standby at the gate for approximately 25 minutes at 11 PM at night! There were basically no flights coming or going from JFK.
RouteGrand Cayman to New York
Date FlownJune 2019

"Worst airline ever!"

Trip Verified | Roatan to New York via Grand Cayman. Worst airline ever! Flight delayed for 7 hours, deviated and had to land in North Carolina because it had no fuel, we were stuck inside the aircraft at the airport multiple hours and they didn’t have even water! Worst experience flying ever and I would not recommend this airline to even an enemy. They claimed delay was because of weather but had we left at the scheduled time, the weather was just great and all other scheduled flights were leaving the airport.
RouteRoatan to New York via Grand Cayman
Date FlownAugust 2018

"very disappointed at check in"

Trip Verified | Grand Cayman to Miami. We are very disappointed at check in. There is a special lane for business class but no one comes to service us at all. They just let us standing without any attention. If you want to open just one lane, so close the business class lane! We pay extra money for what?
RouteGrand Cayman to Miami
Date FlownDecember 2017

"was a great experience"

Verified Review | Grand Cayman to Little Cayman return. This was a great experience. Flights were on time. Both pilots were friendly. Seats were small, but adequate. No cabin service, but the flights were 22 and 30 minutes. Really fun! If you're looking for a posh, first class experience, then this isn't for you. But for those looking to go off the beaten trail, you'll really enjoy this.
RouteGCM to LYB
Date FlownDecember 2016

"worst airline I've ever flown"

Verified Review | Leaving Grand Cayman the flight was delayed over 3 hours, I'm finding out now that delays are a normal part of doing business for Cayman Airways. I was forced to miss my connecting flight out of Tampa and was forced to pay an additional $1,700 to cover the cost. Cayman Airways would not reimburse the cost. The Gate Agents were confused and did a horrible job communicating anything. I will not fly Cayman Airways again, worst airline I've ever flown!
RouteTPA to GCM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"customer service very poor"

Our return from Grand Cayman to Chicago O'Hare departed two hours late. The airline offered only that the jet was two hours late when it left O'Hare. When we finally left Grand Cayman, the cabin was very cold and the crew was not able to turn the heat on. Passengers who asked for a blanket were charged $5.00! I asked a steward about blankets and he said they only had 8 blankets and it would be difficult to have 124 blankets so everyone could have a blanket. Upon arrival at Chicago O'Hare, the pilot encouraged us to fly Cayman Airways again but made no mention or apology for the very uncomfortable cold flight. I understand mechanical problems but the pilot did nothing to explain or apologize for the problem. In my opinion, their customer service was very poor! Some reply from Cayman Airways would be appreciated.
RouteORD to GCM