Cathay Pacific Airways

(Hong Kong)

I flew from LHR-CDG and CDG-HKG with BA and CX respectively it was excellent as CX managed to upgrade me from a normal Y to Y+ on the Paris-Hong Kong. It was my first time in PE and it made quite a difference since it was a 11 hour flight. There was a significant amount of legroom and the amenity kits and enhanced levels of service made the great difference in price between Y and Y+ that I should now consider in the future when it's a long haul flight. The movies were decent and varied and the cabin crew were flawless one thing that is particularly commendable as they really collaborated together and you felt that they were helping each other out as a team.

(Belgium)

CDG-HKG-SYD. My wife and I chose PE Economy because of the seat and we were not disappointed. A few extra inches in width and quite a few extra for legs with extra recline and a wide armrest with food tray inside. This all made a dramatic difference for our comfort on a 22 hour flight. It was possible to find a sleeping position. Also at meal times the seat in front did not interfere with the food table. Cabin staff were very friendly and professional a very solid product I would choose again. Try and get the front row seats they have extra leg support.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

CX918 B77W MNL-HKG. I am not a regular user of CX but past recent experiences in their new Business Class have been good. The seat is excellent and the catering satisfactory. On this flight I was told that I was being upgraded to First Class but was then advised that there would be no First Class service just the seat and that the catering would be Business Class standard. Having selected a Business Class window seat as always in the CX type of lay-out I was allocated seat 1D in First Class. This is a single centre seat in CX’s apparently new First Class lay-out and can only be described as a cell. Its certainly spacious as you would expect in First Class nowadays but there is a feeling of being locked in to a high sided enclosure. The seat itself is like a bench its width would adequately seat two people and has no shape to it. Also there are no overhead bins only a small cupboard that forms part of the cell which is only large enough to take a small bag and a jacket. Roller bags have to be placed on the floor protruding out from underneath the foot-stool that forms part of the flat bed. It was sufficiently depressing that I asked for my Business Class seat back but the flight was full hence the “upgrade” and my seat had been allocated to someone else. The Business Class catering dinner on this flight – comprised an adequate fruit salad a main course where a choice of two meat in a sauce and rice and fish in a sauce and rice were offered up on a tray by the cabin attendant. They looked so unappetizing that I passed on the main course. Dessert was a dry looking piece of cake which I passed on as well. This was low standard Business Class catering at its worst there was no menu given so the actual content of the meal was down to guess-work. Finally we were told whilst in the Lounge that there were problems with the IFE on board. We then departed almost 2 hours late. Overall very disappointing and in comparable with other carriers in the Region.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

HKG-LAX. Upgraded on miles to b-class. Great product all round - service plenty of privacy seat comfort and lie flat bed very comfortable making for a decent amount of sleep. Only complaint on this 12hr flight was the meal service timing and slight delay in drinks after take-off. Around 3hrs in dinner was served (which was excellent with a great selection of wines) and then followed around 5hrs later with brunch - some 4hrs out from the destination. It was explained this was in response to some customers providing feedback they got hungry. Odd as CX offer decent inflight snacks and also at odds with other 12hr flights. The service interrupted my sleep and whilst I asked for my brunch to be served 2 hours later and this was done some parts of the brunch offering were missed.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Had a very safe flight from LHR to Hong Kong to Cebu and back. The overall flight made it quite worthwhile at the same time entertaining. Will book my next flight here and highly recommended to all first time travellers.

(Finland)

HEL-AMS-HKG-MEL. All flights 99% full. Food good seats uncomfortable cabin crew friendly. On return flight got upgraded MEL-HKG and HKG-LHR. Good value for your money.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

SFO-HKG-MAA BLR-HKG-SFO (BLR-HKG on Dragonair) in early March. Enough has been said about the horrible shell seats on the 747-400s. One can only hope they replace these aircraft soon. Once again the special Indian vegetarian meal out of SFO was terrible. I have traveled this route 4 times over the past four years and the same entree has been served. I wrote to the airline about this but obviously to no avail. Food-wise things do generally improve on the other legs but in general the quality is going down. AVOD was superb with great sound and picture quality. The selection was vast with all the 2013 best picture Oscar nominated films already available. Overall good value for money with decent on board service and on time flights.

(Hong Kong)

CX have not disappointed me in 3 years of flying. Perhaps as a recognized traveler I get special treatment but never witnessed such with any other airlines. Point in case on recent JFK-HKG flight. I arrived on a late AA connection and had not checked my baggage through to HKG (only checked to JFK). Fearing I would miss my CX connection I did not bother to pick up my luggage at AA baggage claim and went straight to CX barely making the flight. Arriving in HKG I contacted CX baggage services. Even though my bag was not under their control not tagged for them they sent their JFK staff to AA baggage retrieved my bag put it on the next CX JFK-HKG flight and delivered it to my home. All in

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

CX881 LAX-HKG in Premium Economy. After a number of recent flights on US airlines it was a real pleasure to step on board a Cathay Pacific plane. The PE product is great for the long haul and worth the extra investment. Far superior to BA's equivalent. Only downside is getting out of your seat if you are at the window (or center) when the seats in front are reclined - makes for a difficult clamber over the person in the next seat. Great service - friendly sincere and efficient. The separate compartment on the 777 is a plus especially when sat on the right side making for easy access to the dedicated washroom.

(Bhutan)

CX828 HKG-YYZ business class seat 16K. Bravo CX. Puts the US carriers to shame. Got onboard and realized I was seated adjacent to a mother and her 3 young daughters in the second small cabin of business class and imagined there was going to be a lot of family chit-chatting so asked the purser if there was a window seat in the first larger business cabin available. She found a family member of a CX staff travelling on a pass and asked her to switch seats with me. I then used the lavatory and returned to my seat with a wad of tissue. This was noted by a flight attendant who arrived at my seat with an entire box of tissue for my use throughout the flight. That was thoughtful. Food was excellent particularly the hamburger from the mid-flight snack menu. I asked to have the first meal served 'express' with everything (appetizer entree dessert etc) on the tray delivered asap after take-off as I was really tired and wanted to just eat fast and sleep. This was no problem and done as requested. Seat comfort good - lots of storage space. Selection of movies and very good. Flight on time. Flight attendants couldn't have been nicer - polite obliging. No snarling and snappy quips like on United. Overall excellent business class product.