Cathay Pacific Airways

"Poor show - never again"

Trip Verified | London to Perth via Hong Kong. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Firstly, I must say flight London to Hong Kong enjoyable but the rest 0/10. Ran out of meals to Perth (not being snobbish but a lot of money paid for premium economy so not expecting that). Then as the holiday nears it end I get a text from Cathay Pacific saying my flight had been cancelled. No explanation just cancelled that's that. Then half an hour later Cathay Pacific has booked me on another flight but 16 hours later so not only a long wait in the airport but I have to cancel a connecting flight from London to Edinburgh and pay for another. Poor show - never again
RouteLondon to Perth via Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"really disappointed with the overall experience"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to London Heathrow via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific Airways. Considering the premium seats cost almost 4 times the economy seats, I was really disappointed with the overall experience. Meal was exactly the same as what you receive in economy, as is the amenity kit. When compared to PE in Qantas or BA, this lacks a lot (you get meals and drink service more in line with business class on those carriers). The only advantage if you are a OneWorld Emerald or Sapphire is getting access to the Pier Lounge at Hong Kong Airport, otherwise if you don't have status and are looking for an upgrade other than just some extra leg room then I wouldn't recommend this. WIFI also didn't work on all 4 return legs of my flight, despite there being a WIFI symbol on the walls. You would be better off spending your money on China Southern Airlines business class seat for a similar cost (and get a lie flat seat) or paying for economy on one leg & business on the other (with any airline). TIP: Also avoid the front row aisle seats in premium - I don't really have long legs (5ft6') and yet the air hostesses still knocked my feet every time they came through the door from business, waking me up at least 4 times despite my legs not sticking out on the aisle.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBrisbane to London Heathrow via Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst Premium Economy"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Mumbai. One of the worst Premium Economy Service. I flew on board CX685 on 24th Dec, my seat was 30D. Premium Economy is a joke. The seats are almost the same as size as economy, tables get stuck while folding. No welcome drink for Premium Economy passengers, no hot towel. No separate meal selection, same economy trays and same food. Separate Premium boarding gate is only by name with anybody walking in. Communication of crew poor. I would strongly suggest fliers not to waste money on Cathay Pacific Premium Economy.
RouteHong Kong to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"very attentive cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Zurich via Hong Kong, returning to Brisbane. Premium Economy on Cathay is almost always a pleasure, not just for what it provides (extra leg room, welcome drinks, hot towels, feeling of spaciousness) but for what you don't get (you tend not to get screaming babies, yobbos, tour groups, unruly kids, etc!), So, if on business, this is a very good option. Cathay fly to places one actually needs to get to, in my case, Zurich. All flights on-time or very early. All food options good. Quality service from a very attentive cabin crew on all flights. As a One World Emerald member I had access to the superb Qantas First Lounge in Melbourne and, of course, various Cathay First Class Lounge offerings in Hong Kong. Cathay also uses the Aspire First Lounge in Zurich and this is quite superb. My only gripe is the on-board IFE - I never find anything worthwhile to watch, except the live News Streaming - but that often doesn't seem to be in range. Highly recommended, especially on the new A350-900 or A350-1000 aircraft.
AircraftA350-1000
RouteMelbourne to Zurich via Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2019

"pleased with all aspects of their service"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to London via Hong Kong. My wife and I travel regulary with Cathay Pacific and have always been very pleased with all aspects of their service. We have tried other airlines but have always returned to cathay pacific. This August on our return trip we opted for a longer stop over in transit (12 hours) so we could take a visit to Hong Kong centre and have lunch etc. On our return to the airport we found the departure gates all closed as there were demonstrators all over the airport blocking departure gates. All the flights were showing cancelled on the information boards, so we just sat in a corner and waited for any news. Some of the demonstrators walked round giving people water and food, and apologised for the inconvenience being caused, they were not hostile at all. After several hours and no news that the flight would be going we decided to get the train back to the city and book in a hotel, as we was just about to go out the building my wife and was approached by two young ladies in Cathay pacific uniform and asked us if we were with CP, when we told them yes one of the ladies along with a young man without uniform chaperoned us to "area A" of the airport where there was another small departure gate. They spoke to some security people and we was slipped through the gate unbeknowing to demonstrators, on the plane only lost half hour. Were flying again this December with no qualms.
RouteAdelaide to London via Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Not worth the expense"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Seoul via Hong Kong. Had seen several videos on Cathay's premium economy and decided to indulge and get premium economy for my wife and myself, last month. However, it was the biggest disappointment. It was not worth paying double of economy class. There was no Champagne welcome in fact no welcome drink. After take off we were offered water and 3 hours into the flight we were offered breakfast which was in the same plastic trays as economy. Not to forget but there was no welcome kit. What is the difference between economy and Premium. A few extra inches of leg space! Of course there is no option to use the lounge at the airport while in transit. Wondering how could frequent flyers like us get so badly misled. Not worth the expense and would highly recommend economy class for travel and splurge more at the destination.
RouteChennai to Seoul via Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I was impressed"

Trip Verified | Flight from Amsterdam to Hong Kong in Premium Economy. It was the first time that I was flying CX Premium Economy, and I was impressed. The seats were very comfortable - they had generous legroom (it seems that the pitch was more generous than on most other airlines offering Premium Economy) and a leg rest that is also useful if you are more than 6 ft. tall. The meal service on CX is different than in Economy, and I enjoyed the meal that I had. The service was attentive without being persistent. It was one of the best (if not the best) Premium Economy products that I have experienced so far.
RouteAmsterdam to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2019

"food was spectacular"

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Singapore. The food was spectacular! The seats were nicely furnished and they were surprisingly comfortable! I would recommend the airline as they are very kind and they have patience as well with kindness and happiness!
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"The seats were amazing"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Hong Kong. Amazing service. The premium economy product was faultless. The seats were amazing as was the mini cabin. The food selection was something out of a high end restaurant. Constantly offered drinks and snacks. Will use again without a doubt
RouteManchester to Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"we were upgraded"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Dubai via Hong Kong. The flight was delayed by more than an hour in Cebu but the consolation is that we were upgraded to Premium Economy for Cebu-HKG route. I hate delayed flight, they did not provide any drinks or snacks, fortunately, I have access to the Premium Lounge courtesy of my MC. The flight was comfortable, the legroom and the seat pitch was good enough. The HKG-DXB route was not quite interesting, food served was bland and the plane cabin was not neat as expected. The handling of the crews aboard the flight is very average.
RouteCebu to Dubai via Hong Kong