Caribbean Airlines

"not be using this airline ever again"

Not Verified | I bought a ticket to SVG and for the reason that my son lost his job, he cancelled that, and then rebook when he was told it takes 6- 9 month to get back his refund which was less than half. Caribbean Airlines takes 6-9 months to refund money but he had to pay 250$ to rebook. This is high class robbery. I will not be using this airline ever again.
RouteToronto to Trinidad
Date FlownApril 2022

"This is disrespectful and fraudulent"

Trip Verified | A ticket was purchased for January 2, 2021 to leave from Havana, Cuba. Unfortunately the government of Cuba shut down all flights. In May of 2021 we requested a refund since it was apparent that only flights financially benefiting the Cuban government would be leaving Cuba. Caribbean Airlines did advise it would take up to 5-6 months to process the refund. We are now almost to a year with no refund. When I contact the refund department of Caribbean Airlines they send an auto email that someone will call within 48 hours. Of course no one calls. When I call the customer service line then I get put on hold multiple times then always eventually a disconnected line every single time. This is disrespectful and fraudulent. I want my money returned!
RouteHavana to Georgetown
Date FlownMay 2021

"went above and beyond"

Not Verified | Staff was very helpful, did not have a acceptance pass to enter my home land of Trinidad and Tobago after traveling 200 miles from Boston MA for a funeral my mon and brothers was stuck missing one acceptance letter and not being able to board due to the letter Mr. Willcott at the ticket center went above and beyond and helped find the missing travel pass. He made things happen for us.
RouteNew York to Trinidad and Tobago
Date FlownOctober 2021

"refund process will take a minimum of 9 months"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Cancelled a return flight purchased through Caribbean Airlines. It was a FLEX/economy flight which states it's 100% refundable. But of course, you must read the fine print which says there is a USD$50 processing fee. The refund process will take a minimum of 9 months. I can see other people leaving reviews are still waiting on their refunds. Basically, you are paying them to sit on your money for 9+ months. If customer service was better and explained why it was so ridiculous, this would have been a better experience but of course, it was terrible. They were extremely short and rude. Unfortunately, CAL is the only airline flying to Trinidad & Tobago. As soon as any other airlines start flying to Trinidad & Tobago, fly with them instead.
RouteToronto to Port of Spain
Date FlownAugust 2021

"not yet received my refund"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly on Caribbean Airlines in October 2020 to Kingston. However Caribbean airlines cancelled my flight and wanted to put me on another flight 14 hours later. This was not convenient for the purpose of my travel so I told them that that flight would not suffice. They told me it could take “up to ninety business days for a refund”. It is now seven months since September 30, 2020 and I have not yet received my refund of $493. I have contacted the airlines at least five times now. I have contacted Expedia. I have contacted BBB and I have even written an email to the CEO of the airlines. All they are telling me is that my refund was submitted to the refund department.
RouteNew York to Kingston
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"nothing to credit or refund me"

Trip Verified | This airline cancelled my flight due to COVID in March 2020 and is now refusing to issue me a refund or a credit. The customer service rep was incredibly rude to me over the phone. When I asked to be transferred to speak with someone else, she hung up on me. $700 on a flight and they can do absolutely nothing to credit or refund me. Very disappointing, especially because we are repeat customers.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay
Date FlownApril 2020

"one year later and still no refund and lies, lies, lies"

Trip Verified | I paid for my ticket in February 2020 but because of Covid my flight got cancelled. I applied for a refund because my Father received a refund for the same Day returning flight. It is now February 14, 2021, a year later and all I have heard is excuses and lies! They even had the nerve to block me on Facebook rather than issue a refund. They even said a refund was issued and after 14 days said it never was and I should receive it soon, one year later and still no refund and lies, lies, lies. So disappointed in my Caribbean Airlines position in this matter.
RouteToronto to Trinidad
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not give me a refund back"

Not Verified | I had to cancel my flights due to COVID and they would not give me a refund back. Instead, one of their team members chose a date without letting me know and rebooked my flights. A few weeks later, my sister who was scheduled for the same flight ended up getting a full refund along with a few others I know. I'm not entirely sure why I was not getting a refund and why they kept accusing me of re-booking my tickets when I never did! Also, my last travel with them to Guyana was a horrible experience!
RouteNew York to Guyana
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"ought to be illegal!"

Trip Verified | St Marteen to Port of Spain. I arrived at St Marteen airport to travel home via Trinidad as a layover due to the COVID issue. At the Caribbean counter, the representative was not accepting people so my flight was canceled. I asked, so that's it? I can't fly? He said, no. He said I could try another airline and that I could get a refund online, then he turned away, dismissing me. I went home, took back my apartment and rental vehicle, and made plans to just stay and deal with things, told my family to not expect me home due to the developing situation and traveling issues (we had already spent money we don't have trying to get me there and back). The next day, I went online and was told the man had lied. They told me I would have to travel, set another date and that was as good as they could manage. I'm sorry, but I did not cancel my plans. Apparently, Trinidad was closed before the ticket was ever sold. Why did you sell a ticket for a place that was closed to anyone but nationals? That ought to be illegal!
RouteSt Marteen to Port of Spain
Date FlownMarch 2020

"told I would receive a refund"

Trip Verified | New York to Montego Bay. I will never book another Caribbean airlines flight again!! I booked the airline for my wedding in jamaica for a 7am flight on 02/26/2020 and they called me at 5 am and cancelled my flight without giving me any reason. They could not tell me why my flight was cancelled the representative on the phone was unsure. I had around 100 people meeting me for my wedding and they told me the next available flight was at 4pm and was subject to delays. The whole day would have been missed by the time i travelled after landing in jamaica. I had to cancel my reservation in which i was told i would receive a refund. I have not received any refund or notification in writing or emails that i would be getting a refund. Only to wait 21 business days. When i called the airline no person would even tell me the status of my refund. I am completely left in the dark. I can not understand how an airline could conduct business in this manner. Also the reliability of this airline is completely compromised. I had to spend an extra 700$ to book a whole new flight the morning of the cancellation.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay