Caribbean Airlines

"communication is less than poor"

Trip Verified | New York to Montego Bay. Flight time was 7 am. After 9 am we were told the flight may not leave as there is a technical problem. The communication between the company and its customers is less than poor. Finally around 1130 we went from not leaving to departure soon. We don’t live near the airport, we left at 1 am to make our flight. The only thing Caribbean did was hand out $12 vouchers which most establishments would not take. Steer clear, the flight was no bargain, the plane was old and dated. We tried dealing with Caribbean but would only say they don’t take phone complaints.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"My bag never arrived"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | New York to Port of Spain. The worst customer service. My bag never arrived from JFK to Trinidad, I made a report upon my arrival and was told that they would call me once the bag was found and they would send it to me at my final destination, Antigua. Three days later, I had made more than 40 calls to the airline in New York and Trinidad, 300 USD dollars in international calls, and I received zero calls from the airline informing about the case. I was treated disrespectfully, someone hung up the phone on me when I politely insisted for assistance and information. I emailed the CEO and a director of the company asking for their help, no response, just a customer officer responded saying they would look into it. This is a disaster and I strongly advise against this airline.
RouteNew York to Port of Spain
Date FlownAugust 2019

"poor customer service"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Not Verified | I made reservations for my daughter and her husband to Tobago, however when the email arrived her name was spelt incorrectly. I then called to make the change, I was put on hold at least four times, each lasted at least 10 mins. I was told all of the times that I had to wait on a supervisor's report of the recording. I was then told I was the one who misspelt my daughter's name. I called the very next day, requesting a listen of the recording. I was then transferred to customer service I was told I can't and they had to send the recording to another supervisor again I was put on hold for at least 13mins. this time I was told that I will not be able to listen to the recording. this time someone tried to explain that the travel is between Trinidad and Tobago and sometimes if a letter is missing they can overlook it, however if they don't I will have to pay for the error. This is poor customer service, even though they are the only airline operating the bridge between T&T its highly unprofessional.
RouteTrinidad to Tobago
Date FlownOctober 2018

"service representative negligence"

(Jamaica)

Trip Verified | New York to Montego Bay. I bought a 2 way ticket on Caribbean Airlines. Before my return trip I received an email from the airline saying that my flight was cancelled and I was reaccommodated on a flight the following day. I was not able to travel on the date they gave me so I called more than a week before the given date to find out my options. The representative on the phone was rude and unwilling to help. She said I had to pay a rebooking fee plus the difference to get on a new flight with the same airline. I was not advised that I could place that ticket on hold for future use or that I could receive a refund as my flight being cancelled happened on the airline's part, certainly not mine. I received no refund and no credit either. I had to buy a new return ticket because of Caribbean Airline's customer service representative negligence due to inadequate customer service training of the airline's staff.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay
Date FlownAugust 2018

"small airline with great qualities"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Traveled from Miami to Port of Spain on a Boeing 737-800. Check in was smooth and quick. Purchased a Caribbean Plus seat, 9C. As a member of Caribbean Airlines club, check in process is via the business class counter. I proceeded to the LATAM club. This club was very clean and offered light snacks, free wifi, charging ports for electronic devices. After, I proceeded to the gate for boarding. Boarding process was very easy as Club members board after business class passengers. Upon arrival into the aircraft, I was personally greeted by the purser. He checked my boarding pass and directed me to my seat. My seat was very comfortable and very spacious. I highly recommend purchasing a Caribbean Plus seat. The advertised seat pitch is 37 inches and seat recline was great. The meal service was excellent and comprised of chicken breast, noodles and vegetables. The meal was delicious. The flight attendants were very friendly and professional. The flight left five minutes early and arrived into Trinidad 25 minutes early. The landing was the smoothest landing ever. The captain and his first officer were outstanding.This is a small airline with great qualities and I hope it continues.
RouteMiami to Port of Spain
Date FlownOctober 2018

"staff very unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Newark to Georgetown via Port of Spain. Check in staff in Newark misinformed me about my bags being checked all the way through to Georgetown, I bought duty free in EWR and it was a hassle getting it through Port of Spain. Staff at front desk made me wait until they were ready to walk me through the gates. On both outgoing and return trips I found the staff, with a couple notable exceptions, very unfriendly. Seemed they thought they were doing me a huge favor. You guys need to either retrain these staff or get rid of them as they are doing damage to your reputation. On return trip I was literally refused to be sold Duty Free because no one at the front desk told me that I had to place the duty free in my checked luggage? When I arrived in Port of Spain it seems that they had a procedure for handling it for in transit passengers. I ended up buying the Duty Free in Port of Spain at a higher price as well! Flight delays were not even explained properly. With one exception the ground staff showed little empathy with the fact that a 2 hour delay could have messed up my interconnecting flight. The agent that checked me in was rude and very curt. She signaled me to walk up to her desk then had me wait several minutes while she finished the prior task she was working on before even greeting me. Why not just leave me in the line so I could go to another agent who would be ready to do my transaction? I had zero confidence that she would have given me any useful information given her demeanor. I had to ask around ince inside the terminal building until I found someone who was able to explain that the interconnecting flight would also be delayed.
RouteNewark to Georgetown via Port of Spain
Date FlownAugust 2018

"changed our flight 5 times"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Port of Spain. Horrible, they changed our flight 5 times before we even boarded. The result was a different date and a very inconvenient red eye. No flexibility at all, no refunds at all. Never again
RouteNew York JFK to Port of Spain
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Avoid this airline like the plague"

Not Verified | Due to fly Trinidad to Tobago with Caribbean Airlines. Terrible airline. Flights are leaving every 30 minutes to the same destination (interisland) and instead of sending the next flight on the next plane, ours has been delayed. 2 hours and counting. 3 flights have left with later departure times than ours. Same situation both directions. Avoid this airline like the plague.
RouteTrinidad to Tobago
Date FlownJune 2018

"A wonderful experience"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Port of Spain to New York. A wonderful experience from Caribbean Airlines, the flight departed on time and arrived before scheduled on the trip up. The seats were comfortable and the food was good, in my opinion there is no competition to Caribbean's food. The flight attendants were very friendly and attentive.
RoutePort of Spain to New York
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst airline I’ve traveled"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Port of Spain. The worst service all around except for the one lady who gave me a smile on the way back to NY. Went to Trinidad for 2 days to attend a funeral so tickets were booked at last minute. After calling several times to their customer service line I was given a price that was higher than online. The lady was rude and of no help. Booked tickets online, of course double the usual price but that’s expected, not sure why. The planes were dirty, crew to and from were not friendly, makeup on the ladies was a mess, bathrooms are a mess, seats hard and dirty and extremely uncomfortable. My seat couldn’t recline which resulted in a backpain that lasted a day and half. Not nice especially when you have to go to work as soon as you’re out of the airport. I didn’t bother to eat the food, the carts were dirty too. By far the worst airline I’ve traveled in. Wish I had other options but they were the only one flying at that time.
RouteNew York JFK to Port of Spain