Cape Air

Cape Air customer review

Sitting in Logan again canceled flight to Bar Harbor due to "maintenance". Second time they've done this. First time I was the only one waiting for plane this time its me and one other. They won't run for two people apparently. They loaded two other planes that had later departures than ours before canceling ours. I'm spending a vacation day at an airport. Should've taken a bus. I'd be there by now.

Cape Air customer review

I was supposed to fly from Kirksville to St. Louis hassle free only an hour long flight. I show up to the airport and find out my flight has been cancelled. They could have notified me the flight only has 9 people max on it. How hard would it have been to call and let us know so we could make other arrangements. I missed my connecting flight in St. Louis as well. Never again! Awful service too much trouble only driving to St. Louis from now on. Not recommending Cape Air to anyone!

Cape Air customer review

I was bumped from a flight Rutland VT to Boston and almost no effort was made by the person in charge to find a volunteer who could take a later flight. Be aware that they can bump people due to weight issues on the plane (people had a lot of luggage apparently and I was told the flight would have been 80 pounds over the limit if the plane had flown with the normal number of passengers that day - they were not even overbooked). My understanding is there is no limit to their ability to bump for this reason and they don't need to pay any compensation whatsoever. I was headed to Boston to make a connection to MN. The woman in charge seemed unconcerned and thought that since she could fly me from a NH airport departing much later and have me arrive in time to run to my connection there was no harm done. I explained to her that I was sick and mobility and energy were issues at that point she offered to set up a wheelchair for me in Boston. My experience with Cape Air tells me they are mostly nice people but I would never rely on them again in any situation where arrival at destination on time is important. I should add they did offer me a free RT ticket on Cape Air (for use in the next year) but this is of no use to me since I would never fly Cape Air again.

Cape Air customer review

Returning home from Boston (to Ogdensburg) severe fog did not permit take-off of Cape-Air's small plane. Several people absolutely had to get home that night. Cape Air went above and beyond. They re-booked all of us on an outbound flight from Logan to Albany then hired a driver in an uber-comfy shuttle van to drive everyone the rest of the way to Ogdensburg. Long journey and not quite what any of us was anticipating that day but cannot say enough about the service and kindness of the Cape Air staff.

Cape Air customer review

I had the first flight of the day and weather conditions did not hamper take off. Crew made no attempt to depart on time and left 25 minutes late causing me to miss connection costing me to add 9 hrs to my trip due to missed connection. The delays were strictly caused by the airline.

Cape Air customer review

I was informed that my flight from Boston to Rockland was cancelled no reason given no flight available for the next day. No compensation offered. No other transportation home was available at that hour. I was assisted in my wheelchair by a Logan airport employee to the ground transportation areas (after getting my bags) and waited for a hotel shuttle. The cheapest hotel available cost me $188 plus food for that evening and the next morning. Next morning I took the shuttle back to the airport so I could pay $46 to ride the bus to Rockland. Had this flight been cancelled in Rockland and I could not connect my flight in Boston I would have been out several hundred's of dollars and United will not give refunds. A last minute cancellation by Cape Air means a no call no show at United or whatever airline one might be flying with. Very costly trip. They tried to tell me they would help me out if that happened. It did happen from Boston to Rockland (just their ticket cost) and would do nothing for me.

Cape Air customer review

STL-CGI. I was mortified when these people asked my weight then had to weigh every bag in my possession. The flight down in the tiny plane was so bumpy but that's not the airline's fault. I think I would rather drive from STL to CGI next time.

Cape Air customer review

BHB-BOS. Cessna 402 aircraft. Online booking was fine and check-in at BHB friendly and efficient. Interesting to see how every weight consideration had to be taken into account for the flight - obvious but something I've always taken for granted having not travelled on this small an aircraft previously. Full flight (9 adults 1 child pilot). Surprisingly comfortable ride at 3000 feet and landing as smooth as I've experienced. Great experience.

Cape Air customer review

I have flown Cape Air several times due to convenience of location. Unfortunately this airline has disappointed me every time: flight delays cancellations the airplane leaking fluids inside and dripping on me in flight etc. They have cost me time money and a lot of stress.

Cape Air customer review

Most expensive but they advertise well. Flight delayed over an hour pilot shows up enjoying a nice ice cream. Return flight pilot has 'car trouble' and the gate attendant leaves to go pick him up so we missed our connecting flight. I suggest leaving a lot of extra time between connections if you plan to fly this airline. Nice planes though.