Cambodia Angkor Air

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

I flew them two years ago without any issues. This month I booked round-trip BKK-Siem Reap. Outbound: Flight was several hours late without notification. Inbound I got to the airport and was advised the flight has been cancelled the day before and they nicely rebooked me for the next day and "had emailed me to let me know". Had I not arrived early the gate would have been closed since they did not even bother to staff this departure! I received no email and flying a day later was not an option. They claimed I could fly two hours later on Bangkok Air with no problem - I simply did not believe them. As it turned out they did give my name to Bangkok Air and check in and the flight with them was fine. So while the ticket on Cambodia Angkok Air seemed too good to be true it kind of was. However I did not need this hassle so I'd stay away from the min future. A shame though.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

We flew Cambodia Angkor Air twice our son flew it twice as well. And all four flights were either cancelled or had their departure times changed. In one case our departure time was delayed by four hours. We had to scramble to move that flight a day earlier or we would have missed several connecting flights. When we raced to the airport after learning of the change we were told we would have to pay a change fee to switch flights. Only after arguing vehemently that Cambodian Angkor Air was to blame did the counter woman agree to waive the charge. If you have to be somewhere on time beware of this airline's miserable on-time record.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Saigon to Siem Reap A321 Cambodia Angkor Air aircraft. I flew Cambodian last year from BKK to REP and found them an excellent airline that being said this September when I flew SGN to REP I was quite disappointed. The flight was delayed without notification which is ok but not ideal. The problem was the aircraft. It was a very old A321 leased from Vietnam Airlines and the interior was sparse to say the least. My exit row seat was broken. The button to shift the seat back was actually detached from the armrest and was hanging down by a couple of wires near the ground. The TV's for the safety video were the style that lowered from the ceiling and then went back into place as the flight departed. The only problem was that they didn't work and the safety video was audio with no visual. Ok so its an old plane still no problems. However on a 1.5 hr flight to REP no food or drink not even water was offered. This is different to past experiences and I felt for the 180 USD one way flight for 1.5hrs even some water would be appreciated. Unfortunately this airline seems to be on its last legs and I wont be flying them again shame I used to like them.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Flew from Phnom Penh (PNH) to Siem Reap (REP) on Cambodia Angkor Air. The flight left on-time but the airplane said "Vietnam Airlines" on the outside with a VN-B210 registration. The Flight Attendants were Cambodian but this was very confusing for passengers.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Made a flight from Siem Reap to BKK. Left half an hour too late because a stewardess was delayed. At arrival she made no attempt to hurry and walked to the plane at ease. Because of the delay we were just in time to catch our connecting flight. Unfortunately our suitcases didn't.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

10/5/14 BKK-REP. We all stood in the hot crowded bus for 28 mins before getting to plane. I could see at least 3 phones and tablets in use as we took off. At least 4 people moved from their allocated seats prior to take off. Pax next to me had an oversized suitcase on his knees for flight duration intruding on my space but making an effective emergency exit problematical. A significant percentage of pax got up out of their seats after landing while the seat belt sign was still illuminated. Plane looked clean. Snack served was very nice. I know that Australian airlines are very good and strict with safety and protocols but I witnessed enough glaringly obvious departures from international best safety aviation practices which would make me seriously reconsider flying with the airline again.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

I flew from HCMC to Siem Reap and return both were a quiet flights better than I expected although I only received a bottle of water but I guess it is usual on short flights like this one. The crew were very friendly.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Sihanoukville to Siem Reap - uneventful journey in an ATR72. The only catering was a bottle of water. The flight had been scheduled to go via Phnom Penh with some down time on the ground but in the event the flight was direct - meaning we arrived a couple of hours earlier than expected. The tickets are very expensive for the short distances and equivalent bus fares but flying is much quicker than land travel in Cambodia. You pay your money you make your choice.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Flying round trip from PNH to REP. E-mailed me few days before that 6 am return trip (REP to PNH) was cancelled and rebooked me to 12 pm flight. I e-mailed back to say that flight didn't work because of a connecting flight at PNH and asked for alternatives. They changed my outgoing flight time (PNH to REP) instead to earlier flight. Rebooked me back on 6 am for return flight. Arrived at airport at 4.30 am. Flight was cancelled.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Definitely an airline to be avoided whenever possible. First time I flew with them from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh in the morning and they sent me an e-mail only the previous evening to tell me that my flight would have been delayed by 1 hour. Definitely worse was the second time when I had booked a morning flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. Arriving at the airport I found out that the flight had been cancelled without anyone warning me in advance and I would be moved to the next flight to HCMC leaving 8 hours later. Consequently I lost my connection flight to Phu Quoc and had to fly there the day after. Definitely not recommendable particularly if you are planning connections.