Cambodia Angkor Air

"worst flight experience"

This can be my worst flight experience ever. I flew on a domestic flight from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap during my Cambodia trip. My previous flight was cancelled and I was rebooked to the subsequent flight. However, my flight was downsized from A321 to ATR. The legroom was tight, seat was uncomfortable and the cabin was extremely hot throughtout the whole flight. Flight attendants are not helpful. The only refreshment was water. I cant believe this is a full service airline.
AircraftATR72
RoutePhnom Penh to Siem Reap
Date FlownNovember 2015

"recommend this airline"

(Indonesia)

Bangkok to Siem Reap return with Cambodia Angkor Air. Both flights left on time and were satisfactory. Snack boxes consisting of sandwich, muffin, and water were distributed despite the very short flight duration. Cabin crew were very friendly. Overall, I recommend this airline.
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownOctober 2015

"if you need to travel on certain dates, don't use them"

Just like many other people that have written reviews for Cambodia Angkor Air, my flight was cancelled and it was their only flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok that day. I was supposed to fly on the 7th to Bangkok to get my flight back to the USA on the 8th. The only option I had was to rebook on the 6th but wasn't sure if I could make it since I was working, I couldn't make it. I would add that the flight times on the flights for the 6th and 7th changed from the original times. The hotel I was staying in at Siem Reap had a channel showing flight status in and out of Siem Reap and Cambodia Angkor air had many cancelled flights, mainly between Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh City. It literally was daily that flights were cancelled. The only thing I can say about this airline is if you really need to travel on certain dates, don't use them. If you can change to a day or two before or a day or two after when you wanted to fly then they are probably okay - I was told I would get a refund on the ticket since my original flight was cancelled and I couldn't make the rebooked flight but am still waiting on it. Not sure when, or if, I will ever receive a refund for the cancelled flight. I did fly AirAsia to get back to BKK and they were excellent.
AircraftTurbo Prop
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(Italy)

Positive opinione about this airline. The flight was nice, crew kind and speaking an average English. The aircraft is old but clean and fine. It was good value for the money.
AircraftATR42
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownAugust 2015

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Flights were all on-time. Staff well manicured and welcoming. Slight issues with the safety video - but we got there in the end. Very strong focus on safety which is paramount to me. No inflight entertainment. Inflight meal/offering consisted of a small bottle of water. Not a great offering considering other carriers in the region - PG But enough for a 45min flight.
RouteREP to KOS
Date FlownJuly 2015

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Flew from REP to BKK on a ATR72. Slight delay of about 20 minutes no drama as we had plenty time before our connecting flight which we always make sure we have when we have connecting flights! Would use again.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

I flew them two years ago without any issues. This month I booked round-trip BKK-Siem Reap. Outbound: Flight was several hours late without notification. Inbound I got to the airport and was advised the flight has been cancelled the day before and they nicely rebooked me for the next day and "had emailed me to let me know". Had I not arrived early the gate would have been closed since they did not even bother to staff this departure! I received no email and flying a day later was not an option. They claimed I could fly two hours later on Bangkok Air with no problem - I simply did not believe them. As it turned out they did give my name to Bangkok Air and check in and the flight with them was fine. So while the ticket on Cambodia Angkok Air seemed too good to be true it kind of was. However I did not need this hassle so I'd stay away from the min future. A shame though.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

We flew Cambodia Angkor Air twice our son flew it twice as well. And all four flights were either cancelled or had their departure times changed. In one case our departure time was delayed by four hours. We had to scramble to move that flight a day earlier or we would have missed several connecting flights. When we raced to the airport after learning of the change we were told we would have to pay a change fee to switch flights. Only after arguing vehemently that Cambodian Angkor Air was to blame did the counter woman agree to waive the charge. If you have to be somewhere on time beware of this airline's miserable on-time record.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Saigon to Siem Reap A321 Cambodia Angkor Air aircraft. I flew Cambodian last year from BKK to REP and found them an excellent airline that being said this September when I flew SGN to REP I was quite disappointed. The flight was delayed without notification which is ok but not ideal. The problem was the aircraft. It was a very old A321 leased from Vietnam Airlines and the interior was sparse to say the least. My exit row seat was broken. The button to shift the seat back was actually detached from the armrest and was hanging down by a couple of wires near the ground. The TV's for the safety video were the style that lowered from the ceiling and then went back into place as the flight departed. The only problem was that they didn't work and the safety video was audio with no visual. Ok so its an old plane still no problems. However on a 1.5 hr flight to REP no food or drink not even water was offered. This is different to past experiences and I felt for the 180 USD one way flight for 1.5hrs even some water would be appreciated. Unfortunately this airline seems to be on its last legs and I wont be flying them again shame I used to like them.

Cambodia Angkor Air customer review

Flew from Phnom Penh (PNH) to Siem Reap (REP) on Cambodia Angkor Air. The flight left on-time but the airplane said "Vietnam Airlines" on the outside with a VN-B210 registration. The Flight Attendants were Cambodian but this was very confusing for passengers.