Cambodia Angkor Air

"there is no more seats"

(China)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap. When I tried to check in, they told me “there is no more seats, we are sorry. We will give you 50 dollars.” I had only one day in Siem Reap to tour Angkor Wat. I got all the plans, the car, the tour guide, arranged according to the 8:30 flight.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Siem Reap
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Flight itself very basic"

Trip Verified | Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. Awful airline. Should have taken heed of the other reviews! Ground service, especially check-in, is the rudest I’ve ever encountered, especially suprising for the Far East whose customer service is usually excellent. We had pre-paid directly with the airline for extra baggage and to choose our seats. The check in agent couldn’t acknowledge this and instead insisted we moved 2kg of luggage between packed cases there and then right in the check in queue. She either didn’t understand English (or pretended not to) or seemed to take great pleasure in making us do this completely unnecessary task. Flight itself very basic and definitely nothing to write home about. I was concerned with some of the cabin fittings appeared broken, seat belt signs weren’t working along the left hand side of the plane and my seat would not stay in the upright position. Of course this doesn’t mean there are safety issues but I wouldn’t personally like to take a chance. No one at this airline seems to be happy which is strange as Cambodia is a wonderful country where everyone seems eager to please. There are many other options on this route, please use one of the others!
AircraftATR 72
RoutePhnom Penh to Siem Reap
Date FlownMarch 2019

"avoid this airline at any cost"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Siem Reap. Try to avoid this airline at any cost! Flight was really expensive, but the worst happened at the airport. No option to check in baggage online and they charged 65 dollars for bag with terrible service. Other people had the same problem. Also you can only pay cash. Of course, so they can put it easily in their own pockets. The worst airline in the world by far. Very upset. Dont take your client for idiots. Same flight with VN Airline (share code). For same price 20kg baggage allowance.
RouteDa Nang to Siem Reap
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"we did not have Vietnam Visa"

Trip Verified | Upon checking in for our flight from Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh City we were told that we could not proceed with our check in because we did not have Vietnam Visa to enter the country and when we explained that we were connecting onward to Hong Kong on another airline we were told that we still needed the visa because we were travelling on a low cost airline (VietJet Air) and not connecting onto Vietnam Airlines their partner. So, we had to apply for an emergency visa letter issued in 15 minutes for $90 us each and then once we landed in Vietnam we had to go to the visa office and pay another $50 US each for the visa. We then connected onto Hong Kong having spent 3 hours in Vietnam and spent $280 US for a visa we should never had needed in the first place. There is nothing on their website that says anything about this procedure if you are not booking with their partner. It is shameful and ridiculous both on the part of the airline and on the part of Vietnam and their visa system. Do notbook with this airline if you are travelling through Vietnam or with VietJet Air either as there is no information about this on their website either. I hope this review saves someone else a lot of trouble.
RouteSihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Try to avoid this airline"

Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City. Try to avoid this airline at any cost! Flight was really expensive, but the worst happened at the airport. No option to check in baggage online and they charged 135 dollars for two bags with terrible service. Other people had the same problem. Also you can only pay cash. Of course, so they can put it easily in their own pockets. The worst airline in the world by far. Very upset.
RouteSiem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"no problems at all"

Trip Verified | Three weeks ago I flew Phnom Penh to Guangzhou with no problems at all and today it was exactly the same. The flight left and arrived on time, our luggage was accepted without complaint, the plane was new and clean and seats comfortable. They even blocked out the middle seat so my partner and I had three seats between us. Very nice! I'm sorry that people have had bad experiences with K6. There were no problems at our end.
RoutePhnom Penh to Guangzhou
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Phnom Penh. The plane was new and clean and the seats comfortable [if slightly compact]. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our included luggage was carried without problem. We left and arrived exactly on time. Although food and beverages are not included on this 2.5 hour flight, a cup of coffee is $1.5, so not exactly expensive. And the ticket price was extremely reasonable.
RouteGuangzhou to Phnom Penh
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Terrible client support"

Not Verified | I was flying from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap and needed to book a extra luggage. First: Their website is terrible. Until you figure out how to book extra luggage is so difficult! Then, the transaction did not work. Of course on a first sight we think that may be a problem with the card. But after checking with the bank and trying three other different cards in different browsers, the transaction still did not work likely because of a problem with the website. Tried to reach them via email, via social media and via phone. Nobody seems capable to understand that their website has an issue. The website is so slow that does not load the bank security check page, than the transaction fails. Tried to explain them by phone and also said that I could not go until their office that is really outside of the city center. Simply the solution that they gave to me was to pay 5 dollars per kilo! Terrible client support!
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
Date FlownOctober 2018

"staff couldn't give a hoot"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Siem Reap. Two couples booked separately. Two couples had the same experience. We had both chosen Economy Saver which gave us baggage allowance of 25 kg and paid by credit card. When we booked in, we were told we had no baggage allowance and that we each couple would have to pay $240USD - cash. This was at the end of an almost four week holiday and the last four days was totally paid for so we had little cash much less American Dollars. They would not accept Australian dollars at first. There were not ATM facilities at the airport and we'd used most of our cash. The staff couldn't give a hoot and just left us - four elderly people floundering thinking we'd have to stay in Vietnam. We were so stressed and embarrassed in front of a queue of others. We need not have worried, we were not the only people to be scammed by this airline. We managed to dig up the cash - no receipts. The plane was a very old turbo prop. Many seats were damaged and people on the plane seemed to be back packers with mounds upon mounds of carry on luggage. Some, by our estimation, was well over 20kg. The flight staff never came near us on an over 2 hour flight. No water, no checking lockers, seats - nothing.
RouteDa Nang to Siem Reap
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Absolute worst airline"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst airline I have ever used. I've flown about 50 airlines and have never ever seen such an airline. They charge you 5USD per ONE kilo of weight which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm traveling as a teacher so my suitcase contained teaching material and books. It cost over $100 to send my bag which is more than my ticket. My bag better be riding first class and get a glass of wine on the way there. The airline staff was rude and bothered by my existence. They had me take stuff out of my bag to put on my carry on which was embarrassing. I'm am easygoing person usually but have never been treated this was. I wouldn't wish this treatment on anyone. it only cost $15usd to take a bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh. I would rather walk than take this airline again.
RoutePhnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh city