Buta Airways

"Hand luggage is not included"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Kazan to Baku. It's not really a low cost airline, because the cost is not low and quality is even lower than a usual lowcost. But I had no choice. Hand luggage is not included, it is made clear on their website. But the problem is that you can't pay for the hand luggage on their website, you have to pay at check-in counter. And they force you to pay in different currency using their crazy exchange rate, so you will overpay for it a lot. The reason, as they explained it, it is because they need to check your bag (size and weight) to see if it will fit. Can't they allow to pay for it online and deal with overweight bags at the airport for extra cost? My bag was within the limits, but I had to pay more. Surprisingly, seats were pretty comfortable and spacious enough for tall people. They even gave a free sandwich. But tea/coffee was not free. Anyway, I can't recommend to fly with Buta.
RouteKazan to Baku
Date FlownJuly 2019

"a very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Baku to Tbilisi. I had 2 terrible experiences with Buta Airways. First flight was delayed 3 hours for no reason. Then at check-in, I was fined for not checking in online, however there is no mention on the ticket or confirmation email anywhere that you need to do online check-in. I asked for a window seat and was given an Aisle, when I asked to move onboard (as the flight wasn't full), I was told it would cost €25! They also don't allow any hand luggage, apart from a handbag or laptop bag. Not even a plastic bag! Now my return flight is also delayed 4 hours. All in all, a very poor experience.
AircraftE190
RouteBaku to Tbilisi
Date FlownMay 2019

"a very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Baku to Tbilisi. I had a terrible experience with Buta Airways. Firstly flight was delayed 3 hours for no reason. Then at check-in, I was fined for not checking in online, however there is no mention on the ticket or confirmation email anywhere that you need to do online check-in. I asked for a window seat and was given an Aisle, when I asked to move onboard (as the flight wasn't full), I was told it would cost €25! They also don't allow any hand luggage, apart from a handbag or laptop bag. Not even a plastic bag! Now my return flight is also delayed. All in all, a very poor experience.
AircraftE190