Bulgaria Air

(Vietnam)

Flew from Sofia to Rome. Very rude crew staff. No one smiled. When the plane was landing one of the flight attendants came up to ask me to close the table (I was sleeping so I didn't hear the announcement). I did what she told me then asked her to take my glass of water. She told me to keep it and just walked away before I could open my mouth to protest.

Bulgaria Air customer review

Excellent experience AMS-SOF-AMS in summer 2013. On time clean aircraft. Cabin crew was not excessively polite yet punctual and efficient. Appreciated newspapers and small sandwich kit.

Bulgaria Air customer review

Sofia to LHR friendly cabin crew sandwich and beer on board. Reached destination on-time. Good airlines deserve at least 3 Star rating better than many 3 Star airlines.

Bulgaria Air customer review

This airline lacks basic customer services and fails to apply the same procedures across its offices - in our travel we were allowed to take 3 bags with one being heavier than 23kg on the way to Bulgaria but not on the way back. We have two small children and we travel usually with less number of bags as it makes things easier. The airlines have been very understanding and never had problems with travelling with one suitcase for all four for example. We had an awful episode at the airport and we found the airline being bureaucratic and unhelpful. We had seats problems both ways - a seat in front of us was broken which resulted in the lady in front almost laying on my daughters lap and I sat on a broken seat on the way back. We wouldn't recommend Bulgaria Air services.

(Spain)

SOF-CDG. Spotless E190 aircraft. I find its 2x2 layout very comfortable with leather seats. Departure slightly late but arrival on time. A sandwich for breakfast and a drink which is pretty standard nowadays. I would say it is 3-star standard.

Bulgaria Air customer review

I've flown Bulgaria Air several times from Scotland ie Glasgow and Aberdeen and the punctuality has been spot on every time 20kg allowance you don't get charged for putting your luggage in the hold all in all very good service. My wife and I will be flying to Bourgas on 24th June from Glasgow so looking forward to the flight again.

Bulgaria Air customer review

Flight SOF to VAR (economy) - have not used Bulgaria Air in few years but I needed one way domestic flight hence they were the only option. Flight left on time landed earlier. Check in was great free WiFi at the airport (different area for domestic flights) security was fast. Once at Varna (terminal needs upgrade but was told there is new one next to it that would be open in 2013) the baggage came fast and no issues. Overall very happy with the quick flight and will use again.

(Austria)

Varna-Sofia FB0980 4 May 2013. Very bad experience! A huge delay - more than 8 hrs. No information no compensation no apology. Rather rude behaviour of local agent of FB office at Varna airport. Poor service on board.

Bulgaria Air customer review

SOF-LHR on A319. Flight on-time sandwiches good (and had separate vegetarian option) choice and quality of drinks good and staff polite and efficient. No complaints at all and would definitely fly with Bulgaria Air again.

Bulgaria Air customer review

Heathrow to Sofia. A very crowded flight but good staff if not overly friendly. More or less on time. Good drink service and food okay. I think Air Bulgaria need more flights at Heathrow though as this was rammed. Newspapers circulated but no English ones on a flight out of London? Another dislike is the setbacks had very narrow rigid space for storing stuff meaning you were limited to one or two magazines but no space for water books etc.