Bulgaria Air

"I feel tricked and insulted"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Sofia to Varna. This is the worst airplane company ever. I am using this company for many times unfortunately since there is no other option for internal flights, and I have had many bad experiences. First of all, this summer there was a delay w/ 7 hours. I came 40min prior the flight when I was told that the flight will have a delay w/ 2 hours. After 2 hours when the time came for boarding, ppl started to go on line, one person came and told us that the flight will have another 5 hours delay ... it will actually depart at around 21:30, not even for sure. Today, I am standing here at the airport and waiting again because I was late. I came 40 min prior my flight departure, and the worker told me I was late. The gate is already closed. Supervisor at this time of shift was rude, screaming, and gave me really hard time. I had to buy another ticket for later flight, because I did not have a choice. We leave in 21 century, and I still cannot believe that this can happen. I feel tricked and insulted.
RouteSofia to Varna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I would take them again"

Trip Verified | Sofia to Amsterdam. I think they deserve three stars based on my flight. I had booked this flight because Adria had gone bankrupt. Two days before departure, I find this flight, quite a good price given the fact that I was leaving two days later. Seat was comfortable, we left a bit late but that's OK. I forgot to request my meal during booking, I sent an e-mail and someone answered me in a matter of hours. Food was pretty good although I can't judge for certain. I would take them again.
RouteSofia to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2019

"nice for short haul flight"

Trip Verified | I've always flown with them, and they're nice for short haul flight. Welcome on board with a bottle and after that given a small sandwich compare to other airlines which will even make you pay for it. Sometimes they do have delays but which airlines doesn't? For the price your paying I think its worth it, I've always picked them in front of other companies.
RouteSofia to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight felt like an eternity"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Sofia to Lisbon. This four hour flight felt like an eternity. Legroom was better than on their A320s but still insufficient. I emptied the pocket in front of my so there would be more space available. Food was good but not enough. There are no pillows on Bulgaria Air. Landed on time.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteSofia to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"My biggest problem however was legroom"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Sofia with Bulgaria Air. Tasty sandwich served onboard along with complementary bottle of water on boarding which is a nice touch however for a four hour flight it didn't seem enough. The aircraft seemed very old and almost decrepit with very worn out leather seats. It was the first time I feared for safety when travelling. There was much turbulence on departure from Portugal. Cabin crew were young and rather unprofessional. They seemed as if they wouldn't want to be bother. The flight departed and landed precisely on time. My biggest problem however was legroom which made this night flight atrocious.
RouteLisbon to Sofia
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Absolutely unacceptable"

Not Verified | Varna to Sofia. Flight delayed 4 hours with no explanation. Absolutely not acceptable. Do not recommend. My time not valued. Worst company ever. Do not recommend. Absolutely unacceptable paid £70 to get quicker instead spend extra 4 hours in the airport.
RouteVarna to Sofia
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not use this airline again"

Not Verified | Sofia to Varna. Flight was delayed now for two hours. No explanation was given. Customer service was horrible. Apparently flights have been running late for the whole summer. If I knew in advance I would have taken a bus or train. Will not use this airline again. Very bad service!
RouteSofia to Varna
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Bulgaria air get my vote"

Trip Verified | Bulgaria air have the values of BA 2 decades ago. A bottle of water when you step onboard - inflight sandwich and drinks free of charge and accompanied by a little chocolate. Relaxed atmosphere. Well dressed crew with a good(all be it a little relaxed) attitude. Overall, Bulgaria air get my vote. Also when flying business, don’t worry about baggage rules or anything like that.
AircraftE190
RouteSofia to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never been seated so miserably"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Sofia. I am flying since many years worldwide and I have never been seated so miserably. Absolutely avoid sitting on a window seat in the back of the plane, especially if you are taller than 1.70cm and weigh more than 90kg. I felt like being pressed into the space between the seat in front of me and the frustrated passenger in the back of me. On the ticket they print "The National Symbol of Flying" what a bad joke, never again!
RouteBrussels to Sofia
Date FlownMay 2019

"Seat pitch is lousy"

Trip Verified | Sofia to Amsterdam. Checkin and security were fast for our 7 o’clock morning flignt. Sofia airport is not that big, so it took us less than 15 minutes from arriving by cab to the seating area at the gate. Flight was almost full and boarding took a while mainly to oversized hand luggage of some passengers. I was in seat 3F. Seat pitch is lousy, it seems even less than 29 inch. Crew was friendly, serving a ham cheese ciabatta and a drink, coffee or tea and a chocolate later during the flight. Arrival was on time, luggage took too long to arrive,
RouteSofia to Amsterdam