British Airways

"we had to print out boarding passes"

Not Verified | Heathrow to Belfast. Great service in Belfast but absolutely shocking in T5 at Heathrow. Very rude check in staff when told we had to print out boarding passes and also for our suitcases. Totally disgusted. Cabin crew were lovely on the 12.40 flight to Belfast on 9th December.
RouteHeathrow to Belfast
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Awful, rude airline"

Trip Verified | Toulouse to London. I'm a able bodied, fit BA customer and Silver member and was seated at an Emergency Exit seat. I'd put away all items and had fastened my seatbelt in full compliance of regultions. A cabin crew member, came to my row to point out the security exit and safety card and I was listening to him and responding, despite this he ordered me to take out my cabin pressure equalizers, which he called earplugs. I explained to him that I needed to keep them on to protect my ears as the doors were already closed and I can suffer from ear problems when I fly. I told him I could hear him perfectly, as demonstrated by our vocal exchange. Despite this, he kept talking over me and threatened to remove me from my seat should I fail to follow his order. After I begrudgingly took them off, he once again ordered me to do it or be removed from my seat and I pointed out I already had! I then asked to speak to the purser, who came to see me after take off. I told him his cabin crew member was unnecessarily rude and needed Customer Care training or indeed to look for a new job. I wrote in to British Airways with my complaint, but they have not even bothered to respond. Awful, rude airline.
RouteToulouse to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"we had limited recline seats seats"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to London. We had limited recline seats on an 11 hour overnight flight. At checked in we asked and were told we had good seats. Completed a complaint and asked why BA thought this was ok, how come their representatives are allowed to lie. Never flying BA again.
RouteJohannesburg to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"cabin crew where fantastic"

Not Verified | London to Sydney via Singapore. Flight left on time cabin crew where fantastic. Meals were great. Leaving London we had a chicken stir fry and landing into Singapore at 18:00 we were served an English breakfast which I can eat any time of day but wife thought it was a bit odd. At Singapore, all passengers had to disembark the aircraft while it was refuelled and clean. When re-boarding you had to go through a security check at the gate. We were on the ground in Singapore for 1hour 30min. 2nd leg to Sydney was great also food and drink service was great again. 23 hours long haul flight was comfortable. We had exit row seating for entire flight which I recommend to anyone over 6ft tall.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"missed my connecting flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Oslo via London. The head support was damaged, so I had to sit 10 hours leaned forward. The flight from San Francisco was delayed, so I missed my connecting flight in London to Oslo. I came first to the BA counter, but received a new flight 3 hours 15 minutes later. Rude staff gave me a voucher for 15 GBP.
RouteSan Francisco to Oslo via London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"said that I need to check my baggage"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I had a connection flight from London to Berlin, traveling with hand luggage. I got through a automatic boarding gate and the man at the gate said that I need to check my baggage. He has no right to grab my passport and boarding pass. If the flight is full they should check overhead lockers if there arent any things which should be put under seats and where can fits more hand luggage. The flight arrived in Berlin 7 minutes late.
RouteLos Angeles to Berlin via London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"cabin crew were so kind"

Not Verified | London to Sydney via Singapore. I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to the staff at the bag drop centre at Heathrow when I lost my passport on Thursday evening -21st November. They spent nearly 2 hours trying to locate it and it was eventually found 30 mins before my flight was due to leave. A big thank you to you all. I would also like to thank the cabin crew on flight BA0015-Singapore to Sydney -22 November who were so kind after I was taken ill during the flight, I was looked after so well.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will never fly BA again"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to London. I pay extra to check my bag, to ensure I am not using more than my share of overhead space. To have British Airways charge me 50 Euros to check a bag to my final destination, and then insist that my briefcase be put under the seat, in a cramped aircraft, to ensure there is room in the overhead bin for travelers too cheap to check their bags, is an insult. Will never fly BA again.
RouteLisbon to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very disappointed with the service they provide"

Not Verified | BA operate daily shuttles from London to Glasgow, its a busy route and I'm sure make money plus there is no competition. However, BA flights are rarely on time and the fee paying passenger's are fed stories about the aircraft was delayed en-route from some far flung exotic location. Because I have several buses and trains to catch after I reach Glasgow punctuality means a lot to me and not a lot to BA hence I'm very disappointed with the service they provide.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Glasgow

"Surprisingly good flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Doha to London. Surprisingly good flight, ontime departure and early arrival by 30min, very very attentive and friendly crew, especially towards children. Food was halal since from Doha, clearly announced to passengers. Bag arrival was ok. Seat leg room and entertainment beyond my expectation.
Routedoha to londonDoha to London

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL