British Airways

"won't reimburse me"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Gatwick. I paid to have my seats bumped up to business class and when I got to the airport they wouldn't let me on the flight because someone on their side messed up when they booked my seats, so instead of honoring my seats they just sat there for an hour telling me they can't do anything and I can't get on the plane. They waited till the very last second before the check in period closed to reissue my tickets and won't reimburse me for the seats that I paid for, but never received.
RouteTampa to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"service is of good quality"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Madrid. I travel from LHR regularly. British Airways have proved to be reliable and their service is of good quality. As a frequent traveler, I've been able to use the priority boarding and also managed to get exit row seats. This airline is very good with providing tangible benefits to silver members. The lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5 is also very good and provides a good selection of food and refreshments. The bar is very well stocked and also a good selection of soft drinks available. I'm very happy with the airline service and would definitely recommend British Airways. Keep it up guys.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Madrid

"a very pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | It's been many years since I flew long haul British Airways and I was pleasantly surprised by recent flights. BA staff used to be offhand and inhospitable but that's all changed. From the time of arriving at London Heathrow T5 the staff have been really friendly and helpful. Similarly on the flight, the attendants couldn't do enough for me. When I requested tomato juice with Worcester sauce, the attendant made a special trip to the rear to get it. On the way back I asked for a tonic water and, again, they offered to go and get it. The seating of these newer planes allows me knee room, even though I'm 6ft 3ins and the headrest can be slid up high enough too. The entertainment system, though a little quirky in its operation and menu system compared to the slickness of Cathay Pacific, nevertheless had a good range of movies and TV to watch. Both flights ended up arriving on time, despite delays at Heathrow both ways, and the pilots kept us cheerfully informed as what was going on. Food quality was reasonable, again not up to the standard of Cathay Pacific, rather let down by a filled croissant for breakfast which I thought was a bit mean. Overall a very pleasant flight, thanks BA. Is this because competition is hotting up and BA now have to try harder?
RouteLondon to Austin

"planes are ancient"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Boston via London. The planes are ancient and need to be replaced. If these were cars they would have an antique plate. The seats are uncomfortable and worn. There is no lumbar support. The space between the seatback in front and your face is inches. It’s really claustrophobic. The food is awful and last evening we were not offered a choice. So for $1200 each we had horrible seats and terrible food. The short connecting flights do not even offer bottled water. The M&S menu is expensive and offers limited choices. Meal deals in the airport convenience and drug stores offer much better options for less than half the price. The planes on both long legs of the trip last week were filthy. The cabin crew on the BOS to LHR and LHR to EDI were good. There was one member in the LHR to BOS who was snippy to passengers and seemed put out by needing to do her job. Boarding is supposed to be by group but was a disaster as people queued up well before their section was called and it made it extremely difficult to get to board. British Airways has become like a budget airline who does not charge budget pricing.
AircraftB777
RouteEdinburgh to Boston via London
Date FlownMarch 2019

"British Airways are a disgrace"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Mauritius. My wife and 2 friends booked and paid £56 each to select our seats with additional legroom adjacent to the bassinet stowage. On boarding the flight the configuration of the aircraft differed, meaning we had the same seat row and number but without the additional legroom. My formal complaint to BA has been met with what can only be described as condescending platitudes and a blank refusal to refund our seat booking fee. We feel that this a scam and are continuing to pursue the matter. Trading standards are also being informed. It didn’t help the aircraft was delayed by 4 hours on the outward leg, was filthy dirty. The return flight had numerous IFE defects and my seat recline did not work. I also noted a number of cabin minor airworthiness issues, (I am a licensed engineer). A marketing email in celebration of 100 years of service has thanked me for flying hundreds of thousands of miles with BA and then rips me off with nothing in return. British Airways you are a disgrace, get your act together and provide the service you were once famed for.
RouteGatwick to Mauritius
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"crew on this flight amazing"

Not Verified | Flew out of Heathrow on 22nd Feb to New York, 20 mins into our flight and we noticed our Tv's weren't working (4 travellers) but I have to say the cabin crew managed to reset them and they we were working within the hour. The reason for reviewing this is how wonderful the crew were. The crew on this flight were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you to all involved on that flight.
RouteHeathrow to New York
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Last long haul BA flight"

Trip Verified | Horrible flight BA from Gatwick to Cape Town and Iberia on the return. I am only 5'2" 8st 10 and I find the leg room too cramp. The onboard flight entertainment system was down on the BA flight most of the time. It was probably in the last 2 hours of the flight before they managed to fix it and the system was old fashioned and movies were streamed on a loop. The food was barely edible. Coming back on Iberia the entertainment system was better and the food was also better but the seats legroom was just as bad. I was almost bumped off my connecting flight at MAD due to the lockers being filled up. I had another connection to make at LHR and I was not going to miss that so I had to insist they let me on though loads of other passengers were led off. This was the worst flight I have flown on. Last long haul BA flight for me.
RouteGatwick to Cape Town

"Very disappointing service"

Trip Verified | Prague to London Heathrow. Very disappointing service. Cabin crew only managed to offer drinks to half the cabin, on a two hour flight that was already delayed - payment machine was broken, staff ran backwards and forwards as nothing seemed available on the trolley. On the bright said, I did save by not having to pay the over inflated prices.
RoutePrague to London Heathrow
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"canceled 3 hours before"

Trip Verified | London City to Florence. My flight was at around 7am in the morning. Not only it got canceled 3 hours before but at the moment there was no phone line open to call and manage a rebooking. On their site I had the option to reschedule my flight but I couldn’t select any flights on the same day. Interestingly i was able to find & book another one through Skyscanner again with BA at the day of my initial flight with £100 more, of course. Why couldn’t they simple show me this flight on the reschedule page?
RouteLondon City to Florence
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the breakfast has improved"

Trip Verified | Doha to London Heathrow. Flight on time, not completely full, had an aisle seat near back of plane without the entertainment box in the way. Some reviews say that the last few windows are blanked off at rear of the aircraft but not so on this plane. Breakfast was served which was OK. Cabin crew mixed, mostly young and worked quickly. Crew uniform still looks a bit tatty compared with rivals in this part of the world. There is good and bad still with BA - bad was the so called chicken wrap served just before arrival - leathery and inedible - why do they let themselves down with such a poor offering - hardly any passengers near me could eat it. Bad was that there was an old tissue and food wrapper in my seat pocket. Good was the newer aircraft and the breakfast has improved. Arrived on time at Heathrow but to a remote stand.
RouteDoha to London Heathrow

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL