British Airways

"delayed by 20 mins"

Trip Verified | London to Munich BA956 on 21 December, delayed by 25 mins. Dated not very clean A320. Boarding process was slow and asking passengers to check their hand luggage. Turns out plane is half empty. No complementary drinks and snacks will be served on this flight with buy onboard in economy. Never again.
RouteLondon to Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"middle name was not on her ticket"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to London. I booked a return ticket for my sister though BA, provided travel document details they required. However when we got to the airport we found out my sisters middle name was not on her ticket and it therefore didn't match her passport name. They refused to let her fly, after much hassle and my sister getting a temporary visa, they enable her to fly. However, once landing in London I acknowledged that she may have the same problem flying back to Taiwan. Igot in contact with BAs' executive phone helpline service, yet spending a day speaking to them they have only caused me to speak to numerous different people all telling me to do different things. We have still not resolved the issue of her ticket not having her middle name on. BA are refusing to alter the ticket information to add my sisters middle name onto the ticket. They have not been helpful on the phone when i asked them to add her middle name and are not interested in try to solve the issue at hand. They were insistent on speaking to my sister who is from Taiwan and I told them she is unable to speak english and that i can translate any question for her. They did not allow this so she was put on the phone however they only spoke English to her.
RouteHong Kong to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged 4 times for one bag"

Trip Verified | My husband and I used British Airways to fly from London to Paris this past August. When we arrived at airport we needed to pay for bags, was charged 4 times for one bag after I was assured charges didn't go through. Have been trying to get a refund from BA since. They give you a phone number to call for these claims only to never answer the phone! They have you do a claim online only to never respond to your emails. I sent them the bank statements and credit card statement showing that I had been charged 4 times for one bag. Only 2 months later did they finally respond to the claim, claiming I had two bags and despite the fact that I sent documentation showing 4 charges and confirmed with bank and credit card that the charges had gone through, they only saw two charges and since I had two bags they didn't owe me any money. They force you to communicate via email and then don't respond they owe me $258 USD and refuse to give me my money at this point.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cabin manager did not greet me"

Trip Verified | New York to London. I was on the last flight out at 11.35 pm and this is clearly the cheaper version in all respects. The Boeing 777 certainly showed its age. IFE screen was tiny, seat was well used. The flight time was quick (5.50 hours) and thats about it. FA is highly professional to the point of being unfriendly to me. The F& B was standard and not taken as I had eaten something earlier. I'm a One World Emerald and the cabin manager did not greet me. Its a small touch and in the grand scheme of things means little but is an acknowledgement that you spend time and money with that carrier (usually followed by a drink or two).
AircraftBoeing 777 - 200
RouteNew York to London

"Awful airline"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to London with British Airways. Awful airline. Put me and my wife at opposite ends of the plane even though we booked together. Gave me middle seat even though many others were free. A childish airline which charges a premium and then goes out to make the journey difficult for you if you don't book biz class. Avoid.
RouteFrankfurt to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

" Flight is again delayed"

Trip Verified | London to Glasgow with British Airways. Flight is again delayed it’s not like it’s a one off as it’s delayed every week like a bad joke. Really a poor yet very expensive airline who I wouldn’t recommend to any traveller.
RouteLondon to Glasgow
Date FlownDecember 2019

"we had to print out boarding passes"

Not Verified | Heathrow to Belfast. Great service in Belfast but absolutely shocking in T5 at Heathrow. Very rude check in staff when told we had to print out boarding passes and also for our suitcases. Totally disgusted. Cabin crew were lovely on the 12.40 flight to Belfast on 9th December.
RouteHeathrow to Belfast

"Awful, rude airline"

Trip Verified | Toulouse to London. I'm a able bodied, fit BA customer and Silver member and was seated at an Emergency Exit seat. I'd put away all items and had fastened my seatbelt in full compliance of regultions. A cabin crew member, came to my row to point out the security exit and safety card and I was listening to him and responding, despite this he ordered me to take out my cabin pressure equalizers, which he called earplugs. I explained to him that I needed to keep them on to protect my ears as the doors were already closed and I can suffer from ear problems when I fly. I told him I could hear him perfectly, as demonstrated by our vocal exchange. Despite this, he kept talking over me and threatened to remove me from my seat should I fail to follow his order. After I begrudgingly took them off, he once again ordered me to do it or be removed from my seat and I pointed out I already had! I then asked to speak to the purser, who came to see me after take off. I told him his cabin crew member was unnecessarily rude and needed Customer Care training or indeed to look for a new job. I wrote in to British Airways with my complaint, but they have not even bothered to respond. Awful, rude airline.
RouteToulouse to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"we had limited recline seats seats"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to London. We had limited recline seats on an 11 hour overnight flight. At checked in we asked and were told we had good seats. Completed a complaint and asked why BA thought this was ok, how come their representatives are allowed to lie. Never flying BA again.
RouteJohannesburg to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"cabin crew where fantastic"

Not Verified | London to Sydney via Singapore. Flight left on time cabin crew where fantastic. Meals were great. Leaving London we had a chicken stir fry and landing into Singapore at 18:00 we were served an English breakfast which I can eat any time of day but wife thought it was a bit odd. At Singapore, all passengers had to disembark the aircraft while it was refuelled and clean. When re-boarding you had to go through a security check at the gate. We were on the ground in Singapore for 1hour 30min. 2nd leg to Sydney was great also food and drink service was great again. 23 hours long haul flight was comfortable. We had exit row seating for entire flight which I recommend to anyone over 6ft tall.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Singapore

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL