British Airways

British Airways customer review

LHR-JFK-LAX-LHR. Check in was ok apart from being snapped at for being too early to check in come back in 5 minutes. Got through security quickly. Terminal 5 has very good facilities. We boarded the aircraft and sat in our seats realising we had a long haul flight in short haul seat pitch with a very small seat width designed for a below averaged size person. This wasn't at all helped by the passenger in front reclining their seat immediately after the seatbelt sign went off. Food was basic small meal return flight included a breakfast consisting of a small bread roll with a bitesize cereal bar. Both legs went at least 4hrs without any food/drink service. IFE was quite good have to watch 5 minutes of adverts before the programme starts. Family near us had a child with no working IFE for return flight. What annoyed us most was on the return leg we were told by the flight attendant "Do you mind moving forward so the couple behind you can eat?". We did presuming it was policy whilst finding it strange it never happened on the outbound flight. No one else was asked to move the seat forward so we felt angered that we were the only ones asked. It is 100% not surprising BA has fallen behind other airlines in recent years as middle eastern airlines such as Qatar provide a much better service for a similar price.

British Airways customer review

HKG-LHR in New Club World on Boeing 777-300 - 26/08/12. Bought ticket in WT+ and managed to get a last minute upgrade using Avios to Club. First time in a premium cabin. The seats are comfortable if a little narrow but they easily move to the lie flat position meaning I was able to get 6 hours sleep. Plenty of good quality champagne and wines offered before and during dinner. 3 course dinner sounded a lot better than it actually tasted. BA should think more about ease of food preparation on board rather than trying to do lavish dishes that don't quite come off. Breakfast was better than expected - plenty of choice and a good selection of fresh rolls and croissants. AVOD worked well. My only complaint was that the cabin crew found it very difficult to be friendly. Every request appeared to be an inconvenience to them - little things like milk and sugar for my coffee. Generally though I would have to give Club World the thumbs up if only because a lie flat bed is infinitely more appealing than cramped Economy on a 12 hour flight. As I was in Club through an Avios upgrade I cannot comment on the value for money. Had I paid full fare I might have expected more.
Value For Money N/A

British Airways customer review

YYZ to LHR - July 2012 - I flew overnight in premium economy on a 767. I chose this flight because on the 767 the layout is 2-2-2. I chose an aisle seat in the middle 2 so I could go to the washroom etc without disturbing y seat ate and vice versa. The seats are comparable to North American business class except with narrower arm rests. (better than economy but still not meant for sharing). The entree food was the same as business class and I wasn't really impressed. It wasn't bad but wasn't good either. I would definitely fly BA on this route again mostly because of the layout and the option to fly premium economy.

British Airways customer review

Flew return in CW from LHR to BKK in August 2012. The positives of both flights were: they were on time seats were comfortable and lounges were good. The negatives were: very poor food selections on board (over cooked and uninspiring) very mixed crews - depending on what side of the aircraft you sat you got a totally different in-flight experience - some of the cabin crew should get new jobs as passengers are a severe inconvenience to them and the IFE was unreliable - on both flights the IFE had to be re-set at least once. Overall the flights were fine and I will use BA again if the price is right.

British Airways customer review

Flew LHR - VIE return operated by bmi but BA aircraft. A319 aircraft was clearly new and very clean. The crew were smiling friendly and helpful. No in-flight entertainment but not a problem on this short-haul flight. Delicious lunch was served - ham and mustard sub roll and unlimited drinks available. Have flown British Airways on this route many times now and they have never had a flaw in decent service and staff whether on the ground or in the skies.

British Airways customer review

Flight from Heathrow to Toronto. Booked emergency exit seat for night flight home. Cost £55 but worth it. Overall was ok both ways except for awful breakfast prior to landing at Heathrow. A freezing muffin in a piece of plastic and a polystyrene cup of coffee. Not a cheap flight - better value with Air Transat club which costs about the same and is better in every way.

British Airways customer review

LHR to HAM. Purser addresses all club passengers by name boarding a little late but left on time. Food good for short flight. Overall excellent.

British Airways customer review

My son who had worked for British Airways urged me to fly British Airways to Kansas City. He recommended me to join the executive club. I went ahead and booked my flight back in May. Very reasonable price. As they are in an alliance with American Airlines my outward journey was with American Airlines. They were helpful even booking my seats to Chicago then onto Kansas at no cost. Problem was on my return. I duly waited to book my seat on the Chicago flight 24 hours prior to check-in. As this was with BA I tried for an hour to choose a seat to no avail. My itinerary came up but told me I was being redirected to American. So I called BA they told me I was to check in at Kansas City before I could have a seat assigned. So I called American a very unhelpful person told me that I had to go to back to BA. I called BA again after explaining I had seat booked with American from Kansas but could not get one with BA she put me on hold for 15 minutes and told me I had a seat - trouble was it was the one from Kansas to Chicago. Perhaps the powers that be can sort this out. It was most frustrating. The journey was fine staff polite in-flight entertainment excellent.

British Airways customer review

London City-New York JFK via Shannon on A318 but had really nice seats and professional crew. Meal served was very tasty and fresh. Overall a very good flight would use this airline again.

British Airways customer review

SIN-LHR BA12 B747-436 First Class. Old aircraft (1998) with seats that are not that private but there are only a few of us in the cabin so ok. A bit tatty but I think the planes are being replaced by A380's soon. Seat itself is comfortable enough. Inflight Entertainment awful: fuzzy screen (low resolution LCD screen way passed it's sell-by date) with limited options. Inconveniently has to be pulled around to be seen and put away for t/off and landing. seat comfortable enough for sleeping. Food and service quintessentially English which is the only real reason to fly BA nowadays - the product just doesn't match other airlines. Toilet cramped and awful but it has a window!
Seat TypeFirst Class

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL