British Airways

"Better than I was expecting"

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur. Better than I was expecting after reading the other reviews. The seats are great and service was very friendly on this leg (less so on the return). A few areas need improvement: 1) Separate toilets from economy 2) Dedicated crew for the premium economy section rather than added onto their economy service. 3) A better 2nd meal - The main meal was great and noticeably more premium however the next meal (breakfast) was a bit of an afterthought. Would I choose BA premium Eco again : Yes Definitely.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur

"zero customer service"

Not Verified | I wish I could give a zero. I was booked on a flight from Newark to Madrid via London. I come to find that the minimum layover time in London is 1 hr. My flight layover in London was 1hr5min. British Airways promised that the arriving and departing terminals in London were the same, but that was a total lie. My wife and I were sprinting across the airport, but between getting off the aeroplane, having to go through security again, and having to get to the other side of the airport for our connection, we missed the layover flight. We had the same route in the reverse direction. I called BA hoping to change the return flights and explained this situation. They kept insisting that since the layover was a staggering 5 minutes more than London’s minimum 1hr layover threshold that they were unable to help in any way. British Airways has by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Ryanair which is a no-frills airline has better customer service and that is saying something. I will never be flying BA again and plan on converting my company away from BA flights as well. Be warned. Stay away from this carrier at all costs or be prepared to deal with zero customer service in case any issues arise.
RouteNewark to Madrid via London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Very enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to London. Great flight on the superb A380; in my opinion, the most comfortable and quiet aircraft flying at the moment. Outstanding in flight service from the crew. Attentive, polite and professional; the very best of British Airways service. Food well above average for this cabin - though breakfast could have been better. IFE excellent. The seat is comfortable with a good recline and supplied with a decent, plump cushion and an excellent quilted blanket. Very enjoyable flight. Highly recommended.
RouteVancouver to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Tel Aviv via London. The return from London to Phoenix was a nightmare. I want everyone to know that I sent a complaint 3 times but there is no one to talk to. This is not something that I am used to.
RoutePhoenix to Tel Aviv via London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the food was horrendous"

Trip Verified | Sydney to London via Singapore with British Airways. I made the mistake of ordering vegetarian meals on this flight - the food was horrendous, I was served an indistinguishable uniform mass of what appeared to be mashed, overcooked potatoes (and maybe other vegetables, I am not sure) for one meal and an ice cold frittata/sandwich which should clearly have been heated up. The latter I took one bite and couldn't continue. I have had better meals in economy class in other airlines. The seat was nothing to write home about, but noticeably comfortable compared to economy class (with the price difference to match of course). The service was lacking and quite perfunctory when it is available. On the plus side, I am glad there are shared toilets between business and premium economy class at the front of the cabin, instead of having to walk all the way to the back of the plane like some other flights. Paid for in-flight wifi for an a hour - disconnected after 40 minutes and no longer able to use. Reasonable price and speed.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"flight was cancelled 3 days in a row"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled 3 days in a row. Was flying out on Thursday and finally after days and hours of arguing with BA, I got a flight out Saturday night with Swiss Air. They on the other hand actually fly and on time. Everything about the customer service, customer relations has been terrible, hours of waiting on the phone, no answers on email. My other flights with BA this year has been delayed too. They have for two months promised to reimburse me on all my expenses and to pay the penalty fine of 700$. First 10 days, then 21 bank days and now we are way passed anything else that they have not transferred the money yet. So far nothing and the complaint has been turned over to CAA and the Danish Aviation Authority.
RouteBoston to Copenhagen via London
Date FlownJune 2019

"would do everything to never fly British Airways again"

Trip Verified | This was the worst experience I have ever had flying. There was sufficient time in Chicago to transfer our bags from American Airlines. AA verified that they delivered the bags to BA but they were not on our flight when we reached London. The bags did not arrive and we spent two days in London without our bags. I left a earphone hard case on the plane, but your Lost and Found never answered to file a claim. Your website was horrible to use to file this claim and I have heard nothing. On the return flight from London to Newark, your baggage inspectors obviously opened my suitcase and never replaced the lock. With an experience like this on our first vacation to London, I would do everything to never fly British Airways again.
RouteChicago to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"What a useless organisation"

Trip Verified | What happened to a great airline? Got to Heathrow 1.5 hours before flight and start queuing and at one point there were only 2 operators and then after 15 minutes a 3rd appeared. 45 minutes later a BA guy asks for Vegas travellers and then asks us to go toba different line to rush things through. There was 1 operator on this line and it took another 20 minutes? Waited over 1 hour on the tarmac as we has missed our slot due to late boarding. Got to Las Vegas and waited at baggage claim for over 40 minutes, no bag. Got to BA desk to be told luggage missed plane and there should have been 2 members of staff at bag claim to tell us. No apology just a shrug of shoulders. During day receive offers from BA to upgrade to Club class and I try at least 10 times to book but website does not process. Speak to BA at 1st offer to be told offer finished despite the web advertising, get through to Manager who admits the BA website is the worst and advises to keep trying. Book in online for return and web accepts the 2 bags stated on web as 0 bags. Ring BA and they say go to airport and speak to a member of staff. Get Vegas 3 hours early to make sure plenty of time to sort and find out there are NO BA staff available in the whole airport until 2 hours before flight. What a useless organisation. I must state staff on plane very good.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"professional and very friendly"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai. Lately I am frequently flying Premium Economy with British Airways. The extra comfort compared to Economy Class is unparalleled. The seat is way more comfortable, attendants are really professional and very friendly. If just could add the leg rest into all the other seats, and not just the first row (as it used to be in the old BA Premium Economy seats), then it would be perfect. That's my only note.
RouteLondon to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"don’t waste your money on an overnight flight"

Trip Verified | Premium economy don’t waste your money on an overnight flight! Going out is acceptable but the night flight we had was a disgrace! The food (I use this term lightly) wasn’t fit for dogs on our flight, it was salmon we think as it didn’t taste of anything, a meat of some kind but was too tough to stick a fork into let alone eat it. The veg tasted burnt, bread roll was ok. (Not really a saving grace). One cup of tea or coffee at breakfast and don’t bother asking what was in the box left on our table! I didn’t bother trying it. The look on other people’s faces was good enough for me to know don’t bother! Which in comparison to the outbound flight (London to Orlando) was worlds apart, greeted with a drink which was the first of many, dinner was nice, the steak edible, veg cooked just right and dessert was nice with plenty of drinks! Inflight entertainment was good even though there was supposed to be WiFi but couldn’t log on so saved some money there. I really thought this was going to be the best way to travel. Oh a broken seat for one of our party was a bit disappointing, homeward bound and the inflight entertainment seem rather lacklustre which leads me to think it was an older plane. But that really shouldn’t happen. What is not told when booking, homeward flight on the top of your ticket if you have TSA PRE you don’t have to join the massive queue, look for pre entered TSA line that’s the one that’s empty cause they tell no one about it.
RouteOrlando to London

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL