British Airways

British Airways customer review

LHR-LIS in Club Europe (on Avios). Easy check-in and security. BA lounge reasonable - good selection of drinks food slightly stale looking but tasty enough. Bus out to plane. Nice welcome in Club Europe cabin on brand new A320. Seats comfortable albeit less legroom than expected. Food excellent served by very attentive cabin crew. Good updates from pilot. Very good flight overall.

(Malaysia)

Flew between LHR and JFK and the return leg was IAD to LHR and onward to KUL on MH. I must say BA has an excellent product offering. The crew are extremely friendly and are attentive. They are kept busy the entire flight with juice and water being served consistently. The only setback is that their B747 have seen better days and is in dire need of a refurbishment. Food was good but the IFE could be improved further with enhanced audio and video selection. I will surely fly with BA again. To the crew keep up the good work.

British Airways customer review

If there is an alernative I will never fly BA again. I used to travel BA and it was wonderful now it is like an "old" airline. I flew from Seattle to London this summer on a 747 the leg room was not the best the plane looked tired and I was not impressed. I am disabled so it is difficult for me to travel anyway. When we went back to Heathrow I asked for help to get to my gate and I was put in a "PEN" with other disabled people waiting for our flights. No one told us that they do not send you down until your flight is getting due to leave. In that time we could have gone and had a meal. My flight back to Seattle was on a B777. The aisles were narrow and the seats very narrow. I am only 5'3" but my knees touched the seat in front of me. It was very difficult for the people in the window and middle seats to get over me I had to get up out into the aisle for them to get out. Being disabled to be up and down is hard especially in such a small space to manoeuvre ones legs. When people in front reclined it was awful. The food that was served was absolutely rubbish. What happened to the good BA service of a few years ago. No more BA for me if I can help it.

British Airways customer review

My British Airways experience LHR to Paris CDG was excellent. I was travelling with an infant. The staff at LHR were so helpful and kind and went out of their way to help me. However it was a very different story on the way back. Everyone in Paris CDG was so rude. BA made me check-in my pushchair which meant I had to carry a 14month old boy (15kg) to the gate. It made my trip impossible. I pleaded with the man at check-in. There was no pre- boarding with infants. I will be taking the Eurostar never flying again especially not to Paris.

(South Africa)

Economy from Jo'burg to LAX via Heathrow. Both flights on A380 and both full. Comfortable flights on time and great service on the planes. Main problem is at Heathrow. At Jo'burg excellent arrangements for boarding the flight - at Heathrow insufficient space and just chaotic. If Jo'burg can get it right surely BA can get it right at its premium hub - Heathrow? And when arriving at Heathrow the entrance to section c - where we landed - was closed so we were unable to transfer direct to the gates. Instead we had to take the transit to section a go through the long lines of security there and then go back to section c. No one from BA or BAA at the c gates to explain and when raised by BA customer service staff they were uninterested and as usual blamed BAA rather than taking responsibility. Shame as the service in the air and at other airports is usually very good.

British Airways customer review

LHR-HKG on the new A380 in premium economy and it was a great trip staff were friendly and the food was very good for a gluten free meal. The only thing that I think they could improve on which Cathay has is the dedicated check in and boarding for there flights other than that it was an enjoyable trip.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

British Airways customer review

I recently travelled with a friend to St Lucia and have to say that BA has once again surpassed my expectations. My travelling companion and I had booked World Traveller Plus and we were delighted to be upgraded to Club Class. The cabin crew were polite and attentive without being intrusive. We were also upgraded on our return and once again the high standards set on the initial journey were matched.

British Airways customer review

LGW-MCO-SEA-LHR. Seats booked during Club World sale window - so reasonable priced. Check in at Gatwick very easy and through the fast track in about 5 mins. Boarded on time with short wait before take off. Staff on the outbound leg superb attentive without being intrusive food as ever palatable and overall great trip. Inbound Seattle - Heathrow. Lounge at Seattle is simply too small with insufficient seating however once on plane staff were again excellent although they appeared little rushed when compared with the outbound leg that may simply be because the CW cabin was more full. That said the high standards were maintained so a credit to the team in the CW cabin. Overall another good experience when travelling with BA.

British Airways customer review

I have flown LHR-BKK many times with EVA Emirates Oman and Qatar. Unfortunately this time I chose my National carrier. Disappointed is not the word. To start with the seating arrangement is absurd. All the others manage 1-2-1 or 2-2-2. BA manages 6 abreast in a horrible tight arrangement whereby you face your neighbour. When the hot towels were given out they were like warm rags in comparison to the other airlines. Food - ok there was a selection on the menu. However at service time I was merely passed a tray over my neighbour. On every Qatar flight you are not only addressed by your name but the table is made for you as if being in a 5* restaurant. None of this with BA. Once the appetiser and first course are consumed you hand the bowls back to the attendent who then passes your main course to you in a bowl. Shabby is not the word. After a reasonable sleep in a very narrow bed it was time for landing. With no sign of a priority immigration pass being given I asked the steward for one. He replied they did not have any for this flight but assured me there would be ground staff at the gate to supply this basic amenity. Stupidly I believed him. Upon departure at BKK no ground staff or passes. I return to the UK next week and for the first time ever I am dreading the experience. Never ever will I fly my national carrier again. Disgraceful. It's any Middle East airline again for me. Qatar being my preferred choice.

British Airways customer review

LBA-LHR. Checked in on-line and boarding pass on my phone so no need to encounter check-in. Fast track was average track and the lounge was busy with people going to the sunnier climes having paid for access. Food selection poor. Hot food limited to a self-toasted teacake. Gate near the lounge and quick boarding. We were in 01D and E but the friendly purser said 01F was free so we had the front row to ourselves. Early departure and swift climb. Service was excellent. The Purser addressed us by name offered us (several) drinks and a choice of snacks (crisps nuts or biscuits) (twice) on this short flight.

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL