British Airways

"the crew were outstanding"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to London. There are time when British Airways deserve to be ranked as one of the very best carriers. This flight proves the point. From the warm welcome at the door on boarding until deplaning at LHR, the crew were outstanding. Friendly, attentive and professional. The dinner was excellent. Excellent choices on the menu, accompanied by some decent wines. I had a painful back from running. A flight attendant provided some medication, came back to my seat an hour or so later to check on me and remembered to ask me if the pain had subsided when I deplaned. Very thoughtful. Seat was comfortable and complemented by a proper cushion and a very nice quilted blanket. IFE good. The B747-400 is showing its age but it’s still a wonderful, iconic aircraft to fly on and I’ll continue to prefer it over the B777.
RouteVancouver to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"came to me to give me his pillow"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London. My husband and I traveled together. He got business class, my ticket was a last minute add-on, so was Premium Economy instead. After we boarded, my husband came to me to give me his pillow, so I got settled and started sleeping. I was woken up by a flight attendant who grabbed the pillow that my husband gave me and saying that, There is a lady in business class is missing a pillow, did I take the pillow. I told her I didn’t, and the pillow was given to me. I stood up and told her it wasn’t Ok for her to accuse me of stealing a pillow, and I’ll show her whom my husband is who gave me the pillow. I located my husband in the business class, apparently, his seat had 1 extra pillow and so he gave me the extra one. He offered to give his pillow to the flight attendant who said there was no need and he could keep it.
RouteDubai to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"My food was bad"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Cancun. Flight was late. My food was bad and it was not possible to change. I paid for the internet which did not work for me most of the time. Was advised to report but no instructions to where or how.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no proof I paid for them"

Trip Verified | Austin to London. Along with an $1900 purchase price for each of two roundtrip tickets for my wife and daughter, BA charged an additional $250 for seat reservations to ensure they sat together. When they went to check in, those seat reservations (in both directions) had been given away and family had to sit in different seats. Back home, I applied for a refund of the $250 seat fee and was told there was no proof I paid for them. I have credit card charges and email confirmations clearly stating these charges were made, but there is no process to upload those documents to BA.
RouteAustin to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"delayed due to maintenance"

Trip Verified | London to Bangalore. The flight from Bangalore to London on 10 November 2019 was delayed by 4 hours that resulted in me missing the connection flight. My return from London to Bangalore was initially delayed by 1.5 hrs. We were assigned a boarding gate and after waiting at the gate for 30 mins announcement was made the flight was delayed 4hrs 27mins due to maintenance.
RouteLondon to Bangalore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"downgraded to premium economy"

Trip Verified | London to Cape Town. We had booked business class tickets a year in advance for a trip to Africa. I usually fly Star Alliance, but picked BA for a segment for better connection timing through London to Cape Town. This was a huge mistake. I had tried to reserve seats on BA website twice and was not able to do so. Then I tried to call BA twice and gave up after being on hold for an hour each time with no call back option. When we arrived today in London from Toronto at the connections desk, seven hours before our flight, we were told that business class was oversold and we would be downgraded to premium economy. BA’s representative told us that because we did not have reserved seats, we were at the bottom of the list for business class, and that loyalty customers would all have priority for seats over us, but we would still be welcome in the lounge, (as if this was a bonus). Then there was a problem for us to clear security to get to the lounge, since they could not print our boarding passes (due to the down grade). It took close to an hour to get settled into the lounge from the time we first arrived at the connecting desk. We asked to speak to a manager, but at each of our four interactions with BA staff we were told that they would get some to speak with us, giving the impression that they were trying to pass off unhappy customers as fast as they could. At one point I got visibly frustrated after the BA staff issuing our new boarding passes indicated that our down grade was voluntary, which it definitely was not! After two and a half hours BA customer service managers came to speak with us. They were the first ones who were actually apologetic and tried to address the situation from a customer oriented perspective. If British Airways think giving bulkhead seats in premium economy and basic lounge access to paying business class passengers is adequate customer service for a downgrade from a paid business fare on our upcoming overnight flight, I will not be booking flights on BA again.
RouteLondon to Cape Town
Date FlownOctober 2019

"The seat was uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | My flight from London to Singapore in premium economy was the worst I have experienced. The seat was uncomfortable, the flight tracker failed after two hours, the breakfast prior to arrival in Singapore (scrambled egg) was like rubber. They ran out of cups and so my wife and I had no coffee, tea or drink with our breakfast. I used the call button to get some attention and no one came to answer my call even after waiting more than 30 minutes. Eventually I made contact with a passing cabin crew member and advised that we had not had a drink and was told that they would come back. I never saw the crew member again.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"did not mention it was normal coffee"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Glasgow via London. The service started, first some drinks. On my aisle was a female attendant and a young male attendant. I asked for an ale, the attendant pretended not to understand what I was asking for. I repeated many times the word ale with my Spanish accent, but she still did not catch it. The male attendant said “like an IPA”, I answered “yes”. I changed to a beer and she offered me Amstel or Heineken, I chose Amstel and had to ask for ice to make it drinkable. When the service was finished the female attendant collected the empty bottles and cans and glasses but skipped me. For the meal I chose the beef and asked for a beer. The male attendant realized that the empty can was still there, took it. With the food on my and no drinks I started to eat, after ten minutes it was obvious that the beer was not coming, so I stopped another attendant going to Business class and he came back with an option of Tiger or Heineken lager. The female attendant offered me coffee but she did not mention it was normal coffee and in the menu it said that decaf was available if you specifically request that. ABreakfast I was offered tea or coffee (even decaf), I accepted, but there was no milk or cream for me.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Glasgow via London

"Seats were uncomfortable"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to London Heathrow rwturn. The aircraft is very old, cabin configuration is very old and tired. IFE screens have not been changed since they were first installed. My Ipod has a larger and more responsive screen. Before taking off in Buenos Aires, some pax, but not all, were offered water or orange juice. I never got any. After take off, drinks were offered, followed by a hot meal. Food choices ran out in the first row. Seats were uncomfortable, footrests were jammed. On the return flight, sparkling wine and water were offered before take off, followed by drinks and the meal I had chosen online was a beef stew with mashed potatoes. Poor movie choices, miniature screen and uncomfortable seats. Crew OK. No indication as to which toilets to use, either forward in business class or rear economy. Having flown Norwegian on their B787 in their premium cabin on the same route, BA is a waste of my money.
RouteBuenos Aires to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"zero feeling of comfort"

Trip Verified | Flew back from Abu Dhabi in World traveller plus. The seat is so uncomfortable it does not warrant the price tag of the seat, seat cushioning terrible and zero feeling of comfort, I got no sleep. A snack was served after take off which was quite tasty, but breakfast was just dismal, tasteless. Not much interaction with the crew, but they seemed friendly enough. Would not travel with British Airways in this cabin again, really not worth the price tag.
RouteAbu Dhabi to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2019

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL