British Airways

"impressed with their customer service"

Trip Verified | The crew at Denver airport is top notch! So impressed with their customer service. They were very patient and courteous. Thank you all for being amazing.
RouteDenver to London
Date FlownOctober 2021

"decided to avoid BA from now on"

Trip Verified | I’ve been flying with BA for years and never had any issues. I recently had to arrange to have surgery in Budapest and naturally wanted to fly BA. So I booked my flights from BHD to BUD via LHR online on their site. Once booked I informed the hospital and confirmed my appointment. The very next day I received an email from BA telling me they had cancelled my flight to BUD but not to worry as they had moved me to an earlier (a much earlier) flight the same day. Only problem was this earlier flight departed around two hours before my flight from BHD arrived. I would have thought that this would have flashed up on their system as being an issue, but seemingly not… *interlude* To get into Hungary during covid one needs a valid reason, with medical treatment being one. I had to fill in a very confusing form on the Hungarian police website that was a confusing mix of Hungarian and pidgin English. Anyway form filled in with flight numbers etc, emailed to the authorities there and exemption granted. So I took the earlier flight but this meant I had to fly into London the previous evening and stay overnight in a hotel. So operation booked, hotel booked, airport transfers booked immigration papers amended and re sent and admiration granted and flights re booked, what could go wrong? Around three weeks before I was due to travel, BA, rather unsportingly, decided to cancel my flight to BUD again. Needless to say I was furious. I complained to BA customer services and was given a stock excuse about covid disrupting air travel. Great excuse, only having looked at BUD arrivals info, Ryanair had been flying there once daily for at least the preceding several months. So BA’s covid excuse rang somewhat hollow. Epilogue: I got refunded most of my money from the flights I booked with BA, although they refused to refund my BHD - LHR flights because who knows? I also lost the money I had spent on a hotel and half of the money I had spent on booking airport transfers. Given the cavalier attitude BA seem to have to bookings and their indifference to ruining weeks of preparation on my part and the fact that I lost a not inconsiderable sum of money, I’ve decided to avoid BA from now on.
RouteBelfast to Budapest via Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2021

"passengers with masks below nose"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London on 5th December. Flight was ok - seat comfortable enough, crew reasonably friendly but my food was gross. Both flights almost full with little social distancing and plenty of mixed groups sat next to each other. Lots of passengers with masks below nose or not on at all. When coming back to Heathrow many seemed to have below their nose. Announcement made at the beginning about masks. Crew challenged a couple of people at beginning of flight for not having them on or below nose but seemed to give up at the end. When leaving plane good number had already taken off yet nothing. On way back not a single maskless or incorrectly worn mask challenged. A guy opposite me had his mask below nose the whole flight. He had a conversation with several attendants neither of whom said anything. Not like the crew were busy either, did 2 services the whole flight then rest of the time didn’t see them. Of course flying in these times is a risk but those risks can be reduced by passengers wearing masks, enforced by the airlines.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2020

"have to call to redeem the voucher"

Trip Verified | Due to the coronavirus situation, I bought a return ticket back to my home country (Singapore) from London (where I currently reside) because the first wave of Asia in March was done. I was due to fly back to London on 25th August 2020 and my flight got cancelled. Before my flight cancellation, I got an email from the airline that I could apply for a voucher if my flight ever got cancelled, so I applied for an online voucher. But I was told that I am not eligible to get a voucher because I have done the London to Singapore leg. A month later, I tried again to redeem for a voucher and somehow I was successful. But to redeem the voucher I have to call to redeem the voucher (which I think it is a complete joke) and I was put on hold for many hours.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"unable to offer a full refund"

Trip Verified | I booked London to Tel Aviv in Jan 2020, to attend a school reunion. I booked economy. BA then sent me an upgrade offer which i accepted at an additional £500. So I would fly Premium in the new plane. Covid hit and they cancelled the flight. No fault of theirs. Their subsequent behaviour, was all their fault! After a mammoth effort to contact them, i was offered a full refund. This took months and many calls to get, and they deducted £150 as a service fee for the upgrade. Calls and e-mails all result in the same robotic response. As you made a post booking change we are unable to offer a full refund.
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv
Date FlownApril 2020

"all about money with them"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to London. 12 hours without anything to eat because the sandwich I was given was inedible. There was no bar service and soft drinks were pitiful with orange running out after a matter of hours. Total waste of money having paid for Premium Economy. I am aware it was the beginning of the Covid19 issues but the situation was appalling and has been made worse by a total lack of follow up service from British Airways. Their attitude is unacceptable - it is all about money with them.
RouteTokyo to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"thank our crew in particular"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to London Heathrow. I wish to highly commend the professionalism of the stewards on this flight. Someone had erroneously accused me of being on a flight from Goa to Mumbai and coughing throughout the journey. Categorically I was not on that flight, but in his agitation the passenger could not hear me when I repeatedly said so. The stewards dealt with this situation with tact, absolute professionalism and great courtesy. All the staff must be working in difficult circumstances at the moment. They are putting themselves at more risk than most to ensure that holiday makers and business people can get home safely and I wish to thank our crew in particular for what they did.
RouteMumbai to London Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the crew were outstanding"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to London. There are time when British Airways deserve to be ranked as one of the very best carriers. This flight proves the point. From the warm welcome at the door on boarding until deplaning at LHR, the crew were outstanding. Friendly, attentive and professional. The dinner was excellent. Excellent choices on the menu, accompanied by some decent wines. I had a painful back from running. A flight attendant provided some medication, came back to my seat an hour or so later to check on me and remembered to ask me if the pain had subsided when I deplaned. Very thoughtful. Seat was comfortable and complemented by a proper cushion and a very nice quilted blanket. IFE good. The B747-400 is showing its age but it’s still a wonderful, iconic aircraft to fly on and I’ll continue to prefer it over the B777.
RouteVancouver to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"came to me to give me his pillow"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London. My husband and I traveled together. He got business class, my ticket was a last minute add-on, so was Premium Economy instead. After we boarded, my husband came to me to give me his pillow, so I got settled and started sleeping. I was woken up by a flight attendant who grabbed the pillow that my husband gave me and saying that, There is a lady in business class is missing a pillow, did I take the pillow. I told her I didn’t, and the pillow was given to me. I stood up and told her it wasn’t Ok for her to accuse me of stealing a pillow, and I’ll show her whom my husband is who gave me the pillow. I located my husband in the business class, apparently, his seat had 1 extra pillow and so he gave me the extra one. He offered to give his pillow to the flight attendant who said there was no need and he could keep it.
RouteDubai to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"My food was bad"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Cancun. Flight was late. My food was bad and it was not possible to change. I paid for the internet which did not work for me most of the time. Was advised to report but no instructions to where or how.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2020

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL