British Airways

"Service was a little perfunctory"

Not Verified | Aktion airport has only recently opened its new facilities and check-in and departure certainly seemed very clean and efficient, although admittedly it’s only having to cope with a low passenger load at present. It was good to see that check-in carefully scrutinised lateral flow certificates and passenger locator forms. Thanks to just 30 passengers on board, with more than half in Club Europe, the flight took off ahead of time. Service was a little perfunctory and the food was more reminiscent of economy than business class, with too much pre-packaging - the COVID effect, presumably. Arrival into T5 was also comfortably ahead of schedule, and although we were dreading many hours of queuing at border control, we were through the e-gates and collecting our luggage just 20 minutes after landing.
RoutePreveza to London
Date FlownJune 2021

"I am really grateful"

(Ghana)

Trip Verified | I want to say a big thank you to Kahina Ladjouze. After frustratingly missing my flight due to M25 road closures, she helped me secure and book the next day flight without additional charges. I am really grateful.
RouteLondon to Accra
Date FlownJune 2021

"a thoroughly reassuring, coming out of COVID, experience"

Trip Verified | After sixteen months of being grounded by COVID, it felt almost surreal to be back in T5, heading for what to us was essential summer sun in Greece. T5 was blissfully quiet, with no queues at check-in or security, and even the Galleries South lounge was less frenetic than usual, despite families with kids similarly desperate to escape Boris Johnson’s bully boy attitude. Ordering food and beverages from one’s table seems something worth continuing, avoiding all the wastage of endlessly replenished buffets. The flights was very quiet, with just 30 pax on board, 9 of whom were in Club Europe. Boarding by row also seemed a welcome improvement on the previous ‘groups’. Service on the flight was good and the food was of the usual Do&Co quality. Landing was ahead of schedule and we were through passport control in just a few minutes after a quick check of vaccination certificates and the passenger locator form. Overall, a thoroughly reassuring, coming out of COVID, experience.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Preveza
Date FlownMay 2021

"going in circles to avoid issuing any voucher"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | BA cancelled flight in Dec 2020. Refund was promised in voucher form by call center. We are now 6 months down the line, 13 calls of which each is 40 min waiting time, and 16 email reminders. Conclusion is that they are just going in circles to avoid issuing any voucher. Head of call center is keeping to her empty promises.
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Fantastic flight down to Heathrow"

Trip Verified | Fantastic flight down to Heathrow. Crew doing their best to keep everyone happy in challenging times. Nice to see they have introduced a free snack and water. It’s a start.
AircraftA321NEO
RouteAberdeen to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2021

"appreciated the COVID measures"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Boarding and disembarking were greatly organised: passengers were boarded at the gate by seperate rows, from the backside to the front (business), minimizing the possiblity for jamming. Same at disembarking: passengers were asked to remain seated, then row per row was called. crew members were supporting the process. What could be improved: distribute hand-sanitizer during boarding. When snack was distributed my row (#8 business) was overlooked for some reason; after a while my seat neighbour highlighted that we did not get food - staff was surprised and fixed it, This was my first flight since one year, and I appreciated the COVID measures taken by BA - still it left some strange experience.
RouteMalaga to London
Date FlownApril 2021

"COVID protocols are not as robust as they should be"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This was not my best experience with BA thus far as there were a couple of disappointments. I was happy with the fast baggage check-in. This was a bus gate which is not my favourite thing but not a blemish on the airline. The COVID protocols are not as robust as they should be, particularly attendants need to be armed with sanitizer at the cabin entrance. There was a big mix up which I find inexcusable - I and another passenger were allocated the same seat on the same plane, causing a few anxious moments and the friendly attendant had to get me another seat but I don't expect such at this level. Bottles of water were offered to every passenger which was welcome. The plane arrived 10 minutes late.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2021

"I would need to call up to rebook"

Trip Verified | Ok flight apart from they cancelled the majority of the outbound and crammed everybody on one flight. After having my return cancelled 3 times I opted for a voucher so I could rebook a new route. I had not been informed before requesting the “E-voucher” and I would need to call up to rebook (I’m in a different country and the phone tariffs are extortion). So not only was my flight cancelled 3 times I wasn’t offered an option to rebook a new flight online I was inconvenienced every step of the way.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2020

"had my flight cancelled on 3 occasions"

Trip Verified | Absolutely appalling experience. British Airways, unfortunately, has lowered it's standards and to my dismay, I've been recently having a much better flying experience with budget airlines rather than BA. Customer service representatives are completely clueless, unprofessional and not bothered. I recently had my flight cancelled on 3 occasions and the staff weren't interested in helping me return home.
RouteBridgetown to London
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"A poor show with BA"

Trip Verified | Had booked the above mentioned flight. But the travel restrictions changed a week before the travel dates. The airline didn’t notify me until I learned that I could not fly with the airlines only at the airport when I went for check-in. It was a single ticket with the company and they said they didn't realise I was flying from Canada to India via London. The restrictions didn't allow any via flights but were ok with direct ones. When I booked a single ticket from Canada to India, how come they didn't realise I couldn't fly? No refund at all. Gave me a credit for me to travel anytime in the next two years, but I don't have any travel plans for the next two years. That means my money is gone? When talking to representatives, they ridiculously put everything on the website agents which was 'Onetravel'. The worst experience ever with an airline. Am a frequent flyer, was trying BA for the first time but now I guess I am never going to fly with you. On my return journey, the other flight gave me a full refund when the new travel restrictions didn't allow them to take me. A poor show with BA.
RouteOttawa to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2020

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL