British Airways

"A poor show with BA"

Trip Verified | Had booked the above mentioned flight. But the travel restrictions changed a week before the travel dates. The airline didn’t notify me until I learned that I could not fly with the airlines only at the airport when I went for check-in. It was a single ticket with the company and they said they didn't realise I was flying from Canada to India via London. The restrictions didn't allow any via flights but were ok with direct ones. When I booked a single ticket from Canada to India, how come they didn't realise I couldn't fly? No refund at all. Gave me a credit for me to travel anytime in the next two years, but I don't have any travel plans for the next two years. That means my money is gone? When talking to representatives, they ridiculously put everything on the website agents which was 'Onetravel'. The worst experience ever with an airline. Am a frequent flyer, was trying BA for the first time but now I guess I am never going to fly with you. On my return journey, the other flight gave me a full refund when the new travel restrictions didn't allow them to take me. A poor show with BA.
RouteOttawa to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2020

"promised to give me compensation"

Trip Verified | My return flight from Antigua to London was cancelled 2 times. When I call to BA several times their computer system didn’t work and they couldn’t issue new ticket, as the result I had to pay airport price for baggage, as I couldn’t pay online without ticket. They promised to give me compensation of hotel stay, food and travel if complete online form. When I done it, I was asked to submit expenses, but link provided was to lost baggage expenses, not what I claimed. I replied that link is wrong and asked for correct link. They replied that they wouldn’t compensate anything.
RouteAntigua to London
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Do not recommend to anyone in Covid restrictions"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | 4 cancellations for 1 month! Applying vouchers only to find out they don't work after new cancellation! Terrible stammers. Do not recommend to anyone in Covid restrictions.
RouteSofia to London Heathrow
Date FlownDecember 2020

"She was an amazing person"

Trip Verified | I had travelled to India for an eye surgery, on my flight back to London Heathrow I was assisted by a member of the cabin crew Madeline Thomas. She was an amazing person as she made sure I was feeling okay as I had come back from my surgery and was traveling by myself. She was more then a nurse and took care of my needs like a mom. She also made sure I had eaten my food and stood by next to me as I was feeling awful because I was in lot of pain
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not what you'd expect from a premium product"

Not Verified | I was travelling back from Mexico City on a business trip. Fully aware of the covid safety restrictions at the moment, which the staff do an admirable job with - but nevertheless a lot to say on the state of BA First at the moment. Firstly - no lounge at all at Mexico City Terminal 2. There's a paid lounge, but the check in staff wouldn't help with the details. Mexico City Terminal 1 has functional lounges for AeroMexico working. Not good enough for an expensive ticket. Finally got to board and the staff are incredible - but throughout they were super apologetic as to what was to come. The food was literally inedible in First and staff offered commented as much every time. So for an 11 hour trip in First the option really was chocolate or crisps. The first suite on the flight had visible signs of wear and tear and needs some attention. The seat would not easily convert to a bed. It had scuff marks around it and generally looked a bit shabby. Again, not what you'd expect from a premium product. I left my watch on the flight in error and contacted BA immediately about this. Despite assurances that they have a comprehensive cleaning process during Covid my watch was never found. BA has outsourced their lost and found service to a separate company and in the process they have completely washed their hands on helping out customers. Given that I told them specifically where I'd left the watch I can only assume that one of the cleaning staff decided to keep it. All in all, you pay premium on a flight for additional service. BA isn't offering it at the moment. If it is essential that you have to fly really don't bother with first unless you have to - or go to another airline. The company just don't care.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMexico City to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Absolutely disgraceful"

Not Verified | Charge £700 fee to make an amendment to a booked holiday well in advance. Absolutely disgraceful. Their site says £30 fees for amendments and when you ring up they say that you ticked the terms and conditions box and refer to page 27 of terms and conditions and use it to charge you an extortionate amount. I received nothing but bad attitude and rudeness from the representative.
RouteLondon to Maldives
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Good service the whole way"

Not Verified | Good service the whole way. Nothing exceptional but it was only a short flight. Plane was clean and refreshments were provided. My only issue is that the flight was packed - understandable as it was just before Chirstmas but surely it is not wise to have strangers sitting so close to each other during a pandemic, even with the masks? My return flight was cancelled but it was easy to transfer to a new flight so no issues there either - just hoping for a little more personal space next time! Also wi-fi did not work. I also liked that they had a system for boarding and disembarking to avoid everyone rushing at the same time, brought in for the pandemic I'm sure but I hope this is something they continue into the future as it made the experience much more pleasant. Value for money marked down only because the Christmas flights were so expensive! To be expected though, I know.
RouteHeathrow to Belfast

British Airways customer review

Not Verified | I entered the plane with a bunch of white flowers and a flight attendant joked that I should have felt obliged to bring the flowers, when she realized that I was going to my Mother's funeral with the flowers she was apologetic (she had no idea why I was bringing in flowers) but the crew were very nice to me during this flight.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I do want to thank BA"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly with Aeroflot on the 23rd of December to Moscow. But because Russia has closed its borders, like the majority of other countries, the flight was canceled, and I couldn’t get home. I’ve also tried to fly through Antalya, but the same situation occurred. On my third try, I came to Heathrow and tried to fly away to Cairo. I was declined by another company. Then I went to British Airways. Starting from testing (because Egypt requires tests), as stressful as the whole situation was, the employees were outstanding! (I’m not sure is it connected to BA, but still, I want to mention this). The crew was very helpful and extremely understanding, very professional and urgent to help, they have been a great help and I am very gracious for this. I want to separately point out one employee - Shanell (if I am not mistaken, who works at Collision testing center in Heathrow Terminal 5). She is a savior and most importantly a human, which is very rare nowadays! Carrying on, I went to BA check-in, but unfortunately couldn’t do it, as my results didn’t go through yet. However, another outstanding employee who provided great help called her colleagues and arranged for the booking to be frozen until the results arrive. I’ve come to her 3 times with additional questions, and every time she was very patient, professional, and happy to help. After I got my results I came back to Heathrow on 24th, but unfortunately, there were no flights to Cairo, the situation became even more complicated (I will spare the details). However, here again, brilliant employees of BA offered their personal assistance and showed sympathy and humanity towards me. The nicest lady I’ve ever met, unfortunately, I didn’t catch her name, but I am aware it was her first day at BA and that she is Egyptian, followed me throughout my struggles, offered me emotional and professional support. She tried to find any possible ways for me to get back home and actually did. She was open to any kind of help and was enormously helpful for which I can’t thank her enough. She also asked her colleague to help me, which he kindly did. Lastly, the nice lady (shame I don’t know her name) also shared my struggles with her colleague Mani who came to substitute her on the position. He was very friendly and attentive as well, talked me through the process, offered different ways I can stay at the airport, gave his phone to call, and offered to drop me off at the hotel, which he did not have to do whatsoever. To conclude, I merely want to thank all of these individuals one more time, as they have been a great help both in physical and mental aspects, I honestly do not know what would I do if I haven’t met them. I don’t know was I just lucky to meet these people or all BA employees are of the same morality, but I do want to thank BA for hiring and providing jobs for these great human beings as well as upholding the standard for other airlines! For some people, the help that was provided to me might seem like a normal thing to do. However, for me, it was a pleasant and so much needed surprise. As no one in
RouteLondon to Cairo
Date FlownDecember 2020

"passengers with masks below nose"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London on 5th December. Flight was ok - seat comfortable enough, crew reasonably friendly but my food was gross. Both flights almost full with little social distancing and plenty of mixed groups sat next to each other. Lots of passengers with masks below nose or not on at all. When coming back to Heathrow many seemed to have below their nose. Announcement made at the beginning about masks. Crew challenged a couple of people at beginning of flight for not having them on or below nose but seemed to give up at the end. When leaving plane good number had already taken off yet nothing. On way back not a single maskless or incorrectly worn mask challenged. A guy opposite me had his mask below nose the whole flight. He had a conversation with several attendants neither of whom said anything. Not like the crew were busy either, did 2 services the whole flight then rest of the time didn’t see them. Of course flying in these times is a risk but those risks can be reduced by passengers wearing masks, enforced by the airlines.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2020

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL