British Airways

"team was very friendly"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | The first part from Brussels to London Heathrow was a fast flight, however on the ground in London the problems started. The gate where the arriving plane was planned to stop was not free what occurred in a waiting time on the ground for 40 minutes. The captain constantly gave information and the entire team was friendly and courteous. Continental breakfast in business was OK for this short flight. Flight to Larnaca was full, embarkation was prompt for business pax. The team was very friendly. The service started with a drink and some cookies , the meal was good despite a more substantial appetiser could be expected - a few slices of green salad and one cherry tomato is a side dish not an appetiser. It must be said the meal was an improvement since last year. Decent drinks and a good Champagne were available, followed by coffee or tea. It is a longer flight - a second round of drinks an hour before landing was maybe appropriated however it was not a problem to receive additional drinks.
RouteBrussels to Larnaca via London
Date FlownJune 2019

"The meal was inedible"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to London. Worst business class flight I have flown. Split seating for myself and my wife because apparently they were overbooked. The meal was inedible for me, and was the worst airline meal I have been served.
RouteStockholm to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"no apologies from the staff"

Trip Verified | Seems like no one was aware of my existence on the flight. No drink, no snack, no bottle of water was offered. No amenity kits. When I asked, they said none were left in stock. They gave me toothpaste and a toothbrush, which was ok, and fast track invitation, which was useless, since no fast track is offered to British passports. I was not given a menu, I even had to ask for it. I was not served the meal and they said it was because I was sleeping. Ok fine but even when I was awake, no one bothered to ask me about the meal. I had to ask for the menu, a bottle of water, and the meal. And after all, no apologies from the staff. Too many people are squeezed into business class. Even though I could lie down 180 degrees, I had very little space at my seat. Given the very expensive fare, I expected a much better service for business class passengers. I'm very disappointed and will never use it again. I won't recommend British Airways business class to anyone!
RouteToronto to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"don’t waste your money on an overnight flight"

Trip Verified | Premium economy don’t waste your money on an overnight flight! Going out is acceptable but the night flight we had was a disgrace! The food (I use this term lightly) wasn’t fit for dogs on our flight, it was salmon we think as it didn’t taste of anything, a meat of some kind but was too tough to stick a fork into let alone eat it. The veg tasted burnt, bread roll was ok. (Not really a saving grace). One cup of tea or coffee at breakfast and don’t bother asking what was in the box left on our table! I didn’t bother trying it. The look on other people’s faces was good enough for me to know don’t bother! Which in comparison to the outbound flight (London to Orlando) was worlds apart, greeted with a drink which was the first of many, dinner was nice, the steak edible, veg cooked just right and dessert was nice with plenty of drinks! Inflight entertainment was good even though there was supposed to be WiFi but couldn’t log on so saved some money there. I really thought this was going to be the best way to travel. Oh a broken seat for one of our party was a bit disappointing, homeward bound and the inflight entertainment seem rather lacklustre which leads me to think it was an older plane. But that really shouldn’t happen. What is not told when booking, homeward flight on the top of your ticket if you have TSA PRE you don’t have to join the massive queue, look for pre entered TSA line that’s the one that’s empty cause they tell no one about it.
RouteOrlando to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Meal service had no choice"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to London. Business class is just economy class with an empty middle seat. No leg room for me. Meal service had no choice by the time they got halfway through business class. All that was left was cod. Freezing cold, but no blankets. Poor staff spent most of the flight apologising. Never fly British Airways.
RouteLisbon to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"changed to late evening arrival"

Trip Verified | Heathrow to Marseille. Within a few days of booking a flight for December, BA advised flight has been changed to late evening arrival. This is unacceptable so I opt to cancel and full refund. BA then says it is refunding the fare and makes no mention of the fee I have paid for seat selection. I have found a claim form for refund of these fees, on submission they say they will take up to 28 days to think about it.
RouteHeathrow to Marseille
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"nothing left of business class"

Trip Verified | Madrid to London with British Airways. There is nothing left of business class on these flights. When they bring the hot towel it feels like a bad joke. Seats are the same as coach, they took forever to hang my jacket after I asked in three occasions, they gave me a sit that is considered a bad coach seat without window! (See picture) and on top of everything I find myself having to put my luggage (just a backpack) far behind my seat because they are choosing to bring the extra hand luggage that doesn’t fit anymore in coach to business class. Ridiculous service so not worth the x2.5 cost that a business class ticket goes for. Feel totally ripped off.
RouteMadrid to London

"would not help compensate\2

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Glasgow. Awful experience. Our flight arrived over 2 hours late at 8.50pm, so late our car rental company was closed and we were stuck at the airport without our car. We had to pay for a taxi to our hotel and back to the airport the next day which was really expensive. Our new car hire was three times the price since it was last minute. British Airways would not help compensate because they said it wasn’t their fault.
RouteGatwick to Glasgow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"flight dispatcher closed the flight"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to London. BA staff watched while security went through partner's bag for around 30 mins. It required a call to police who sauntered up and stared at the bag for a while - actually just clothes. When they were finishing the flight dispatcher closed the flight. Only 1-2 minutes required. Much longer spent unloading my luggage. We had checked this bag in almost 2 hours previously and arrived at security in plenty of time.
RouteFrankfurt to London

"Complete confusion"

Not Verified | London to Olbia. Complete confusion. The plane was delayed getting to Sardinia, and so we waited: but following check-in at Sardinia we were penned into long lines, no seats, extreme heat and no water in the queues. The airport staff in Sardinia appeared to be overwhelmed. Finally got onto the plane and we’re now delayed on the tarmac. We are due to depart more than 3 hours after our scheduled departure time, but so far still stuck on the tarmac with few updates. No water provided. I felt unwell but was told they had no glasses, so nothing to drink. Numerous small children with no hydration and high temperatures. After a second time of asking, I was told I could buy a drink once we took off, but they have no idea when that would be. They need to abandon the flight at this stage before more people become unwell. Cabin crew just standing there, doing nothing but looking perplexed
RouteLondon to Olbia

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL