British Airways

"flight itself was quite good"

Trip Verified | Flew British Airways on BA 434 London Heathrow to Amsterdam. I was able to check in at the BA First Class check in area in Terminal 5 and this is very fast and efficient. The lounge was quite busy; however, I was able to find space. The food, snacks, and drinks available was excellent as was the overall service. I also like the BA First Class Check in area as the security clearance is fast. Boarding was a little chaotic, however we boarded on time and the take off runway was close to the departing gate, therefore no delays. The flight itself was quite good as was the cabin crew and the meal service.
RouteLondon to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2024

"You expect better from BA"

Trip Verified | BA cancelled the flight from Tokyo to LHR. I was booked on next day flight. There was another flight on the same day. I went to the desk, but the flight was full. BA in charge offers another flight through Hong Kong which would have been 26h flight time. I declined that, and asked to stay on the next day flight. To my dismay he cancelled the next day flight without telling me he did that. I think he was annoyed that I didn’t accept the offer after he spent sometime looking for. In fact I am the one who should be annoyed for cancelling my flight. I ended up flying another airline with downgrading. Poor service, and appalling behaviour. You expect better from BA.
RouteTokyo to Manchester via London
Date FlownMay 2024

“never fly British Airways"

Trip Verified | I strongly advise everyone to never fly British Airways. I know we will never do so again. We had business class seats booked for an early morning flight from Heathrow to SF - and then the flight was cancelled the evening before the flight. We luckily checked email before we went to bed and found out it was canceled. We then called BA, and after waiting 30 minutes someone to answer the call, the person who finally did said he was going to move us to a United Air flight leaving an hour later from Heathrow to SF the next day. He told us the flight number and said he had booked us business class seats. It took a long time to get it all worked out, so we got just a few hours sleep that night, but it looked like it was resolved. Then, however, when we got to Heathrow early the next morning we found that the BA person did not complete the booking as needed and United could not give us seats. They said we needed to call BA to get them to complete the change. But despite numerous attempt we could not get anyone to answer the phone at BA. This went on for 2 hours. Finally, by the grace of god, after hours of stress trying to figure out what to do, we found a United ticket agent at the airport who personally called BA for us and got then to fix the problem. So, after being at Heathrow at 7 am, we ended up leaving for SF late that afternoon totally exhausted. The United air ticket agent saved us and allows us to get home. She also said these problems were common with BA.
RouteHeathrow to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2024

“we will rethink BA moving forward”

Trip Verified | My partner and I were on the BA2166 return flight from Tampa to Gatwick and I was very excited as had paid for a upgrade to Business Class, my partner flies BC with BA a lot for work but this was only my second time, we decided as it was the end of our holiday that have this will help us get some quality sleep. Unfortunately that was not to be. Also in Business Class were two families with children under 5. It was a very long flight listening to a toddler not just crying but screaming for seven out of the eight hours. Now its not the childrens fault, I do however think that the cabin crew could have maybe internvene and helped a little more but also BA should have informed us as we paid alot of money and quite frankly could have saved that money and just had economy ticket as at least we would be a few grand better off. What with that and how the checking in ground staff were treating us as if we were an inconvenience we will rethink BA moving forward.
RouteTampa to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2024

“extremely poor customer service”

Not Verified | We had a Premium Economy return flight Los Angeles to London. The outbound flight was cancelled with under 12 hours notice, and we had to instead take an economy flight via Dublin to London. That's annoying but it happens. What is really difficult to understand is BA's response since I raised this as a claim once our return flight had completed (as I was instructed to do). It is now nearly 5 months and there has been no response other than one in early March with the title "we've not forgotten your case" and "We're really sorry you're still waiting for a response from us. We know it's been a long time since you contacted us and this isn't the service you should expect. Rest assured we've not forgotten your case. Our Customer Relations team are working extremely hard to respond to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience. You can check the status of your case here. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We look forward to speaking with you soon." I called about a month ago to enquire and was told i'd be hearing within the week. This is just extremely poor customer service, in addition to the inconvenience and stress of the late-cancelled flight, delays and change in class of flight. British Airways really seems to be on the decline, i have so many friends who are long-time customers like us who are having flights cancelled or delayed with little commitment to make it right. I have been a member of their Flying Club for 20 years, is this how you treat loyal customers BA?
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“a pleasant and civilized journey”

Trip Verified | I should like to review my flight with British Airways from Hannover to London Heathrow. Firstly, the website was very easy to use, however, I object to the policy put in place with regards to having to pay for preferred seating. Checking-in online was a very easy process other than being presented with the fee to select a seat. At the boarding gate in Hannover the staff were superb, they insisted that people with larger bags turned over the bags for check-in. I was included in this. The staff were very fair and polite and imposed this policy evenly and in a firm but polite manner. The flight took off reasonably on-time. The cabin crew were very good and coped really well with what was an entirely full flight. The now usual small bottle of water and a tiny snack the size of a UK 50p coin were issued to the passengers. On this flight, the Captain was very vocal in the nicest possible way. He oozed a sense of professionalism and was well spoken with clear and informative announcements. Disembarkation was orderly, however the cabin crew were nowhere to be seen when leaving the aircraft. Given that this was a very short flight and given the full nature of the flight too the cabin crew deserve an applause for their professionalism. This experience has turned around my less than positive experience with this airline a few months ago. Well done to the ground staff and cabin crew for making this a pleasant and civilized journey!
RouteHannover to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2024

"the worst BA flight we've experienced"

Trip Verified | We have flown with British Airways a few times but this last trip was by far the worst experience. We weren't able to check in online because the system wouldn't accept any of our passport info, so we had to wait to check in upon arrival at the airport. We arrived two hours before our scheduled departure. The line was backed up with only 4 stations being staffed where there was room for at least 6 more attendants to help expedite check in. We talked to a few people in line and they too were unable to check in online. It took the desk attendants an hour to check in the people ahead of us. We told the agent we had tried to check in online but it wouldn't accept our passports, she replied it was because they need to verify each passport personally. I asked that wouldn't they verify them that way anyway? I also let her know we attempted to move closer to the front of the plane and could see there were seats available but couldn't secure them because we couldn't finish check in. She went on to tell us it's a full flight so we wouldn't be able to choose our seats. We reached the gate and ask the agents there about moving to another section and she confirmed there was no availability. During the flight, the service was not what we expected based on previous flights. We only saw the flight attendants during food service and twice to pickup trash. Every time I went to the lavatory, there were at least 6-8 attendants standing around chatting, instead of taking care of the passengers. The attendants seemed uninterested and inexperienced, even snapping at a confused passenger regarding their seat belt. The flight attendants were disappointing to say the least. No available air control vents above us, so no option to have any air flow other than what the whole plane had. Upon landing, we went to the baggage carousel to claim our bags. An hour later, still no bags. Finally a message came over the loudspeakers that the elevator on the plane was broken and the ETA of the bags was still unknown. About 30 minutes later, the bags started to slowly appear on the belt. Overall, this was the worst BA flight we've experienced.
RouteAustin to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2024

"Never again British Airways"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I sat in the plane at Vienna airport for three hours and didn't take off. After arriving in London, I was sent on my connecting flight, only to be told that the plane had already closed and that I should go back to the other terminal. I was then flown to Johannesburg with Virgin and when I arrived my luggage had not been taken. I only received it five days later. I have been waiting for compensation for nine months. Never again British Airways
RouteVienna to Johannesburg via London
Date FlownOctober 2023

"only been offered half a glass of water"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | It is almost 11pm we were supposed to take off at 19.20 we are still sitting on the plane at the airport. The worst part is not the technical issue that has kept us grounded but the fact we have only been offered half a glass of water the entire time we have been on board. Being hungry and dehydrated has not helped the situation.
RouteJohannesburg to Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2024

"told by cabin crew I would be refunded"

Trip Verified | I booked a long haul flight to Singapore with British Airways because I thought I could rely on them to provide good and reliable service. Unfortunately this wasn't the case hence this review. Knowing I would be able to fall asleep watching movies or TV shows on their in flight entertainment system was something I was looking forward to on this overnight flight. However, my console didn't work and instead I had a loud screaming toddler in the seat behind me that kept kicking my seat and some babies in Front. Only two hours into this already hell of a journey were we told that we should buy the WiFi pass for which we will get fully reimbursed. I followed up several times throughout the flight with the cabin crew who assured me they will take a note of my seat number and someone from customer service will contact me with reimbursement. This wasn't the case. After waiting for several days I contacted them myself and instead of the 21.99 reimbursement that I can use towards a nice meal on holiday they've given me 5000 AVIOs. I never want to fly with them again so why give me service points when I was told by cabin crew I would be refunded - the only reason I even bought this WiFi pass as it's not even good enough to watch anything with because the connection quality is so poor. What a waste of a flight and £22. These are 14 hrs of my life I will never get back and forever remember. I will remember BA as the brand that once was that no longer is. Their cabin crew seemed overworked and overwhelmed and even when you pressed the attention buzzer no one came. If you can avoid booking with BA go ahead.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Singapore

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL