British Airways

"eventually make good on their promise"

Trip Verified | Booked a BA holiday to Marrakech, after posting a negative review regarding my double tier points credit, I can now confirm that the points have been credited. It took a while but BA did eventually make good on their promise, thank you. Based on things now being resolved I have travelled on BA since and I am booked to travel to South Africa in First class on 2nd January, looking forward to the new BA Concorde lounge. Keep it up BA, loyalty is indeed a 2way street.
RouteLondon to Marrakech
Date FlownJune 2022

"Extremely sub-par service"

Trip Verified | Extremely sub-par service. Highlights: No online meal selection. Staff pretty much dropped off whatever meal they had and were very rude if a passenger wanted it changed. Last meal was delayed to the last 40 minutes of flight. Plates were literally grabbed away. I had to hand over my unfinished plate that the staff again dropped on me. No apology. No offer of a napkin. I had to scrounge for a piece of paper to clean my jacket. None of the passengers were told to straighten up their seats before meal. Because the seat before me was so tilted, I could barely keep the plate on the tray without things slipping off. Staff walked down with some water and biscuits. This got exhausted just before she got to me. She just looked at me and walked away. Nothing further was offered.
RouteSan Francisco to London
Date FlownNovember 2022

"the service was excellent"

Trip Verified | I virtually gave up on British Airways about three years ago, writing off my Avios and opting for other airlines. But my return flights from Heathrow to Lisbon this week were very good. The aircraft were pretty much full, but the service was excellent and the food surprisingly good. A particular shout-out to a flight attendant called Jo, but all the teams there and back were enthusiastic and attentive. I'm going to have to start spending those Avios.
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I thoroughly enjoyed my flight"

Trip Verified | I was pleasantly surprised that the airline could maintain a steady schedule with little delay considering the time of the year and the weather. The flight from Montreal was my return flight to Scotland, but I originally booked to fly to and from Toronto, but the airline helped me cancel and I rebooked for a cheaper flight. The inflight service was pretty decent andthey do offer a blanket and pillow. As well they walk through the cabin offering drinks and handing out a small snack prior to the leading meal service. While the food was typical air plane food. I thoroughly enjoyed my flight and had no issues at all with my flights.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteMontreal to Edinburgh via London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"wouldn't let me check-in until 24 hours before"

Trip Verified | British Airways is late, their website is atrocious, and they wouldn't let me check-in until 24 hours before the flight. I have been trying for 6 hours to check in through their website, and/or find a real person to speak with. Customer service had such a thick accent I didn't think they were speaking English.
RouteMiami to Budapest via London
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Will honestly never fly them again if I can help it"

Trip Verified | Flew from Amman to London on Nov. 14 2022. Not sure what type of aircraft it was. My Ticket was economy plus. The flight is 5h35m. We received exactly 250ml of water and about 10 potato chips. The seats did not recline and there was no entertainment system. Any other food or drink had to be purchased. So we couldn't even get a warm cup of coffee or teas. It is the third time I have flown with BA recently and was unhappy each time but did not write a review. Will honestly never fly them again if I can help it.
RouteAmman Jordan to London UK (Heathrow)
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Very unprofessional for a renowned airline like BA"

Trip Verified | This is the worst experience I have ever had with any airline. I flew with British Airline on August 21st 2022. I had one checked bag that was lost at Heathrow Airport. I am aware that at that time there was a system error with the baggage belt and many travelers were affected. I filed a report for my missing bag on the same day I arrived at LAX airport, and that was on August 21st. I waited patiently for three weeks (which is the time frame to either find the bag or be eligible for a compensation). When I did not receive any update on my lost bag, I filed a claim for compensation, and that was on September 11th. Since then, I have been waiting for a response from the customer relation with no good signs of resolving the issue. I emailed them and tried to update the claim but still no response until today. I contacted the baggage team and they were not helpful and did not ease my prolonged waiting. The only way to contact customer relations is via the website and they're not even getting back to me. Every time I talk to a customer service agent, they tell me to wait some more. I have been waiting for almost three months now and my issue is not resolved yet. This whole experience was a hassle. Very unprofessional for a renowned airline like BA.
RouteDusseldorf to London via Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2022

"lounge was overcrowded and worn out"

Trip Verified | Flying LHR T5 to CPT November 2022: BA app and website not working properly - would not load my ticket. LHR T5 smooth and calm. Checking process quick. - But boarding card would not scan at security, they gave me one for someone else to a different destination. Ran back to checkin to get correct one. Bags also tagged incorrectly and had disappeared. Someone ran off to find my bags in the depths of T5 and retag them (amazingly they did show up in Cape Town). Told only main lounge was open not B and C pier lounges. Turns out this was false information ... B Pier lounge was open. But I was in main lounge which was overcrowded and worn out. -Arrived late to the gate (train not working). There was a Biz class lane (quick) but then a giant queue to get on the plane as they only had one airbridge, not two. Seat comfy and cabin clean but the sinks were taped up as the waste was not working. I was offered hand sanitiser instead but this is disgusting (imagine going to the bathroom and not being able to wash your hands as there is no sink). Unbelievable that BA dispatches planes in this condition. Food average. Wine served way too late (choice of wine with cold food, or eat food first and matching wines come a quarter of an hour later). Overall experience 2/10. Flew Air France (Fortalaza to CDG to LHR) two weeks earlier which was way better. How embarrassing for BA.
RouteLondon to Cape Town

"very uncomfortable trip"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. Outbound flight was cancelled and I was not notified. I was rebooked on a very uncomfortable trip. Inbound flight delayed 1 hour, also not notified. On top of it, they boarded my hand luggage, which was the only bag I had. Extra wait in Milan then. Food is horrible.
RouteMilan to Dallas via London
Date FlownNovember 2022

"rate this just as a mediocre journey"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Check in was a shambles at BWI, just 3 counters open for a very full flight. The bag drop queue was even longer than the regular check-in queue! Boarding was done by zones so that was carried out reasonably well. Once on board, the FAs were fine, not as engaging on my outbound flight to IAD. The aircraft was cramped and the seats in economy were horrible. I was seated in an aisle seat (row F) where there is an entertainment box taking up a third of your legroom. Overall, very cramped seat, poor legroom and awful IFE screens. The meal was mediocre and there was no bar service before the meal this time. On lading, we were served a hot sandwich which had oozing cheese all over the wrapper so it was not pleasant to handle but tasted very good! The plane landed at a remote stand which meant that we had to be bussed to T5 and since it was raining, it was not a nice experience. Overall, I rate this just as a mediocre journey.
RouteBaltimore to London Heathrow

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL