British Airways

"Great service on this flight"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to St Lucia. Great service on this flight. Thank you very much for the cabin and the great cabin crew. Excellent Service.
RouteGatwick to St Lucia
Date FlownNovember 2019

"They were friendly, welcoming"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore. I have to commend BA staff on this occasion. They were friendly, welcoming and so accommodating to passengers throughout the flight. Even in the last few moments they were laughing and joking with us. Highly professional and sensitive to our needs despite their own tiredness. Thank you BA for making a long journey a tolerable one.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"find an alternative airline"

Trip Verified | London to San Francisco return in Economy. The seats are small. Outbound was bearable because there was an empty seat between the two of us but returning no empty seat and it was horrible. I'm only 5'5 and female but couldn't lean down to the seat in front of me to collect my belongings. If you want to get anything from your bag below the seat in front of you, you will need to do some major maneuvering. Touching the person next to you throughout the flight is unavoidable. I flew on a 747 both ways. They no longer have any air vents you can adjust so both flights got stuffy and warm. I had to ask them to turn up the a/c both ways. I was literally sweating. Economy is small with the aircraft mostly made up of Business Class. Asian Vegetarian meal was good as usual although the breakfast was terrible. Asian Vegetarian breakfast in Economy Plus is much better. I will find an alternative airline for my long haul flights. It's not worth it.
RouteLondon to San Francisco
Date FlownNovember 2019

"pleased with all aspects"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Venice. We have flown this route and class on two occasions and been pleased with all aspects. On the recent trip we both had mobility issues and the check in operator immediately suggested their assistance service. It was welcome and efficient, particularly as the gate was a very distant one. The flight departed to time. The cabin staff were pleasant, the food was good. In flight information from the flight deck was good. The landings were noticeably smooth. The return journey was similarly good. I was very satisfied.
RouteGatwick to Venice
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"still awaiting a refund"

Trip Verified | Bordeaux to Gatwick. British Airways cancelled my September 11 flight due to the pilots strike, with advance notice. I made alternative travel arrangements, confirmed that I wanted to to cancel from my end in order to receive a refund, and received confirmation from BA on 24 August 2019. BA refunded my fare soon enough, but I am still awaiting a refund for the 70 Euro cost of baggage that I paid - six weeks later. I lodged a complaint on 9th October. No action. I lodged another complaint on 25th October, and still no action. They cancelled my flight, and won't refund my money. And they call it Customer Service!
RouteBordeaux to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"loved every minute of the flight"

Trip Verified | Seychelles to London. Day time flight back to London. Staff were very welcoming greeted on entry to aircraft and shown to seats 7 J/K, Best seats as a couple to book as they are away from the toilet in the front cabin and the window K seat has direct access to the aisle. On-time departure and swift meal services, nothing was any trouble at all and the flight was full. Easy access to the club kitchen after meal service and great entertainment, I have found this flight great and love the inbound day time flight to London the easiest to travel on. Seat and screens worked great and no problems. I loved every minute of the flight. A big thank you to all the staff who were fantastic. Looking forward to my next flight to Rio in December
RouteSeychelles to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"don’t trust BA with your loved ones"

Trip Verified | London to Belfast. British Airways bullied my parents and spoilt a special occasion. I booked my parents on BA to attend my investiture at the Palace. My mother had a heart attack 3 months ago and this was her first flight post recovery and I had chosen BA expecting the best level of service. Instead they were treated appallingly and felt bullied by the airline staff. My mother suffers from claustrophobia and always requests an aisle seat and I booked my parents on 2 aisle seats side by side. I printed their boarding passes out myself with seats 24c and 24d. On arrival at check-in, one of the boarding passes was not recognised by the scanner so assistance printed out a new one. On going through security the boarding pass was again not recognised and a new pass was printed. Once my parents arrived at the gate they noticed that one of the seats had been changed. My father explained the situation but the rep at check-in started quoting the ‘Geneva convention’ that BA are only contracted to get them from A to B and could change seats if they wanted. Waiting at the gate to try and resolve the situation and eventually with 5 minutes before airborne they were rushed into the aircraft and forced to sit apart with no care for their welfare or circumstances. At no stage did they receive any apologetic words. For someone recovering from a heart attack, this was an unnecessary stressful event and spoilt what had been a special family occasion. I have been holding on with the hope that BAs slide from grace will halt but seem to be constantly disappointed. I will await BAs response to my parents; I know they will not fly the carrier again but I will be handing back my BA Amex and all points if an appropriate apology is not issued. Will update! In summary, don’t trust BA with your loved ones care.
RouteLondon to Belfast
Date FlownOctober 2019

"downgraded to premium economy"

Trip Verified | London to Cape Town. We had booked business class tickets a year in advance for a trip to Africa. I usually fly Star Alliance, but picked BA for a segment for better connection timing through London to Cape Town. This was a huge mistake. I had tried to reserve seats on BA website twice and was not able to do so. Then I tried to call BA twice and gave up after being on hold for an hour each time with no call back option. When we arrived today in London from Toronto at the connections desk, seven hours before our flight, we were told that business class was oversold and we would be downgraded to premium economy. BA’s representative told us that because we did not have reserved seats, we were at the bottom of the list for business class, and that loyalty customers would all have priority for seats over us, but we would still be welcome in the lounge, (as if this was a bonus). Then there was a problem for us to clear security to get to the lounge, since they could not print our boarding passes (due to the down grade). It took close to an hour to get settled into the lounge from the time we first arrived at the connecting desk. We asked to speak to a manager, but at each of our four interactions with BA staff we were told that they would get some to speak with us, giving the impression that they were trying to pass off unhappy customers as fast as they could. At one point I got visibly frustrated after the BA staff issuing our new boarding passes indicated that our down grade was voluntary, which it definitely was not! After two and a half hours BA customer service managers came to speak with us. They were the first ones who were actually apologetic and tried to address the situation from a customer oriented perspective. If British Airways think giving bulkhead seats in premium economy and basic lounge access to paying business class passengers is adequate customer service for a downgrade from a paid business fare on our upcoming overnight flight, I will not be booking flights on BA again.
RouteLondon to Cape Town
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seems they were understaffed"

Trip Verified | San Jose to London. The TV screen of 12F was broken, could not be locked into position that would allow to watch movies. Flight attendants could not fix it, and suggested to move to a different seat which we slipped on purpose while checked in. The back of the seat in front was dirty. The tray on the 12D where I was moved to, had a hole on the right side, and the TV screen was not sensitive enough to be be operated by touch. Although my husband in 12E and me turned in the breakfast cards together, the flight attendant insisted they don’t have it, and was not planning to wake him up and serve him breakfast. Flight attendants were doing their best, but it seems that they were understaffed.
RouteSan Jose to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"offering an ultra low cost service"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Edinburgh. Boarding efficient. Flight was full so passengers asked to volunteer to check in hand luggage. By doing so they would get priority boarding. I took up the offer, too out my laptop and carried it on to the plane. The aircraft is only two months old and I was sat at the back of the plane - 36 F. I am sure Ryanair have more room. British Airways on this aircraft are offering an ultra low cost service under a cloak of legacy carrier legitimacy.
AircraftA321neo
RouteLondon Heathrow to Edinburgh

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL