British Airways

"my experience with BA was very positive"

Not Verified | Overall I have to say I am really pleased with the service BA provided, given the circumstances which must be particularly challenging for airlines. I had to call BA a few times regarding both my outbound and return flight and I would rate their customer service 10/10. Everyone I talked to was extremely friendly and helpful, one employee even tried to help me figure out the recently updated arrival regulations from an Italian website and listened to my rant about constantly changing restrictions and quarantines. I was refunded promptly for part of my flight that had been cancelled and I was able to change my return flight to a completely different route and date with only a minimal charge. They have really shown flexibility here, which is needed when travelling in 2020. The flight itself was fine and I appreciate that food and drink options are currently a bit limited, given that everyone should wear their mask as much as possible rather than sipping tea. The one thing - which I mean as constructive criticism though - I think BA could improve is a little more exchange with their destination airports. The arrival sheets for Italy we were given on the flight were outdated and the ground staff in Heathrow in charge of the boarding procedure did not even know that swab tests were now mandatory for arrivals in Italy when I asked him whether he knew any details of what to expect in Venice. That's fine on the first day after (yet another) update, but this rule had been in place for 4 days on the day I travelled. Overall my experience with BA was very positive though and I am happy to spend a little more on my flight than I would with some cheaper airlines for the great customer service I received.
RouteLondon to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2020

"refunded my tickets within 2 working days"

Trip Verified | I am extremely pleased with British Airways as they refunded my tickets Munich-London City-Munich within 2 working days in a friendly and professional manner: the difference between British Airways and Lufthansa is night and day. Friendly, professional and prompt are 3 adjectives to describe BA, while Lufthansa is best summed up as arrogant, impossible to contact and ignorant. Well Done and Best Wishes to all at British Airways.
RouteMunich to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Everything was nice except food"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Boarding and checkin formalities are very nice. Check in help desk was very helpful and supportive. Everything was nice except food. I am vegan and there was no food availability for vegetarian passengers if not pre-ordered. My flight was 10 hour journey from London to Bangalore, and I was hungry.
RouteLondon to Bangalore
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Everything I expected"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I have always had great flights with British Airways but this time the experience was absolutely amazing! As this was my 100th flight, I decided to celebrate it in Club Europe, which turned out to be a perfect decision. The stewards working in Club made me feel special and delivered a professional and personalised service and were kind and chatty. Although the cabin crew was the best part of the flight, other features didn’t let me down either. Efficient business class check in at Warsaw, cosy executive lounge Preludium with attentive and helpful staff, well organised boarding (although no priority for Club Europe because of Corona). The aircraft was very fresh and clean. Seats were comfortable with enough legroom, adjustable headrests and power ports. The on board service is different than before Corona times but it’s still very good. Tasty lunch box from DO&CO with fresh chicken sandwich, oriental vegetable salad and and amazing chocolate mousse. The choice of drinks was wide, including a very good quality Champagne from Nicolas Feuillatte. All in all a perfect flight experience with British Airways. Everything I expected from this flight was fulfilled. The one thing I can complain about is baggage handling at Heathrow. We waited around 50 mins for luggage and they were also delivered irrespecutful of Club Europe priority.
AircraftA320neo
RouteWarsaw to London-Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"told that the check-in had closed"

Trip Verified | We had a flight to Santorini from LHR at 8:10am. As the flight was full, we had to check in all our luggage. We arrived at the airport at 7:00am, and the queue for check-in was incredibly long because some desks were closed. It took us over 40 minutes to arrive to a desk, and when we arrived we were told that the check-in had closed (at 7:25am) and that we had missed the flight. British Airways staff did not offer us to jump the queue at anytime. The lady at the desk booked us on a flight to Athens instead, telling us that the costs to reach Santorini would be reimbursed. We had to book two tickets worth £200 for a flight to Santorini on the same day. We have just received a response from the Customer Relations service telling us that we would get nothing.
RouteLondon to Santorini
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I filed a claim"

Trip Verified | My flight from Los Angeles to Paris via London was delayed due to late inbound aircraft due to mechanical and so I missed my connexion in London and arrived in Paris 3'25" late and missed my onward connexion on Air France and had to overnight on my own dime in Paris. I applied for compensation lawfully due me through EC261 but their customer relations department refused by carelessly determining that my flight had arrived in London under the 3-hour delay window for compensation even though my final was clearly Paris and their CR agent acknowledged this. After I pointed out the error she ignored me so I filed a claim with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and BA sent them a defences. They claim I traveled on AF65 and arrived in London ahead of schedule. The truth is that BA at LAX rebooked and reticketed me on that flight however AF refused to accept me and my baggage unless I paid them a surcharge. So, BA then rebooked me on flights to have me arrive very late into Paris and misconnect and have to overnight there. I do not know which is more shocking that BA would lie to the authorities in order to support their indefensible position or that their agents do not know how to read a passenger name record's air history.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"lack of social distancing"

Trip Verified | I was deeply unimpressed with the lack of social distancing on my flight. The plane to London was 90% or more full, and no social distancing could be applied. A number of people wearing face masks incorrectly (over mouth or as a chinstrap) throughout the flight, and there was a fair amount of time when masks were off for the free snack (small bag of crisps and 250ml of water). It seems crazy to allow a considerate amount of time with masks off or inappropriately worn in such a small space with no safe distance whatsoever. Also, only the absolute minimum of service which, given COVID, is understandable but makes the flight really boring - or not, since some excitement was provided by turbulence, with very little information from the flight deck. Disembarkation was chaotic to say the least but Terminal 5 was empty and vast enough to allow to finally distance. An upgrade for 89 Euros one was was available but it didn't seem to make sense. At least they departed on time and the plane appeared reasonably clean.
RouteBerlin to London
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I was pleasantly surprised"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Newcastle to London Heathrow with British Airways. I was pleasantly surprised. Plane was on time and spotlessly clean. Professional staff; bottle of water, crackers and crisps handed out. Lovely deplaning with special Covid social distancing system working well.
RouteNewcastle to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2020

"have to call to redeem the voucher"

Trip Verified | Due to the coronavirus situation, I bought a return ticket back to my home country (Singapore) from London (where I currently reside) because the first wave of Asia in March was done. I was due to fly back to London on 25th August 2020 and my flight got cancelled. Before my flight cancellation, I got an email from the airline that I could apply for a voucher if my flight ever got cancelled, so I applied for an online voucher. But I was told that I am not eligible to get a voucher because I have done the London to Singapore leg. A month later, I tried again to redeem for a voucher and somehow I was successful. But to redeem the voucher I have to call to redeem the voucher (which I think it is a complete joke) and I was put on hold for many hours.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Service is non-existent"

Trip Verified | British Airways canceled my flight to London on June 3 due to COVID-19. It is July 23 and they still have not refunded my money. I've reached out to executives after trying the usual customer service path. Nothing has worked. They will not call me and will not provide me any resolution. They are blatantly ignoring emails asking for help. Avoid British Airways. Service is non-existent and they will keep your money. They are keeping almost $3000US of our money.
RouteAustin to London
Date FlownJuly 2020

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL