British Airways

"Everything I expected"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I have always had great flights with British Airways but this time the experience was absolutely amazing! As this was my 100th flight, I decided to celebrate it in Club Europe, which turned out to be a perfect decision. The stewards working in Club made me feel special and delivered a professional and personalised service and were kind and chatty. Although the cabin crew was the best part of the flight, other features didn’t let me down either. Efficient business class check in at Warsaw, cosy executive lounge Preludium with attentive and helpful staff, well organised boarding (although no priority for Club Europe because of Corona). The aircraft was very fresh and clean. Seats were comfortable with enough legroom, adjustable headrests and power ports. The on board service is different than before Corona times but it’s still very good. Tasty lunch box from DO&CO with fresh chicken sandwich, oriental vegetable salad and and amazing chocolate mousse. The choice of drinks was wide, including a very good quality Champagne from Nicolas Feuillatte. All in all a perfect flight experience with British Airways. Everything I expected from this flight was fulfilled. The one thing I can complain about is baggage handling at Heathrow. We waited around 50 mins for luggage and they were also delivered irrespecutful of Club Europe priority.
AircraftA320neo
RouteWarsaw to London-Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"told that the check-in had closed"

Trip Verified | We had a flight to Santorini from LHR at 8:10am. As the flight was full, we had to check in all our luggage. We arrived at the airport at 7:00am, and the queue for check-in was incredibly long because some desks were closed. It took us over 40 minutes to arrive to a desk, and when we arrived we were told that the check-in had closed (at 7:25am) and that we had missed the flight. British Airways staff did not offer us to jump the queue at anytime. The lady at the desk booked us on a flight to Athens instead, telling us that the costs to reach Santorini would be reimbursed. We had to book two tickets worth £200 for a flight to Santorini on the same day. We have just received a response from the Customer Relations service telling us that we would get nothing.
RouteLondon to Santorini
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I filed a claim"

Trip Verified | My flight from Los Angeles to Paris via London was delayed due to late inbound aircraft due to mechanical and so I missed my connexion in London and arrived in Paris 3'25" late and missed my onward connexion on Air France and had to overnight on my own dime in Paris. I applied for compensation lawfully due me through EC261 but their customer relations department refused by carelessly determining that my flight had arrived in London under the 3-hour delay window for compensation even though my final was clearly Paris and their CR agent acknowledged this. After I pointed out the error she ignored me so I filed a claim with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution and BA sent them a defences. They claim I traveled on AF65 and arrived in London ahead of schedule. The truth is that BA at LAX rebooked and reticketed me on that flight however AF refused to accept me and my baggage unless I paid them a surcharge. So, BA then rebooked me on flights to have me arrive very late into Paris and misconnect and have to overnight there. I do not know which is more shocking that BA would lie to the authorities in order to support their indefensible position or that their agents do not know how to read a passenger name record's air history.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"lack of social distancing"

Trip Verified | I was deeply unimpressed with the lack of social distancing on my flight. The plane to London was 90% or more full, and no social distancing could be applied. A number of people wearing face masks incorrectly (over mouth or as a chinstrap) throughout the flight, and there was a fair amount of time when masks were off for the free snack (small bag of crisps and 250ml of water). It seems crazy to allow a considerate amount of time with masks off or inappropriately worn in such a small space with no safe distance whatsoever. Also, only the absolute minimum of service which, given COVID, is understandable but makes the flight really boring - or not, since some excitement was provided by turbulence, with very little information from the flight deck. Disembarkation was chaotic to say the least but Terminal 5 was empty and vast enough to allow to finally distance. An upgrade for 89 Euros one was was available but it didn't seem to make sense. At least they departed on time and the plane appeared reasonably clean.
RouteBerlin to London
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I was pleasantly surprised"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Newcastle to London Heathrow with British Airways. I was pleasantly surprised. Plane was on time and spotlessly clean. Professional staff; bottle of water, crackers and crisps handed out. Lovely deplaning with special Covid social distancing system working well.
RouteNewcastle to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2020

"have to call to redeem the voucher"

Trip Verified | Due to the coronavirus situation, I bought a return ticket back to my home country (Singapore) from London (where I currently reside) because the first wave of Asia in March was done. I was due to fly back to London on 25th August 2020 and my flight got cancelled. Before my flight cancellation, I got an email from the airline that I could apply for a voucher if my flight ever got cancelled, so I applied for an online voucher. But I was told that I am not eligible to get a voucher because I have done the London to Singapore leg. A month later, I tried again to redeem for a voucher and somehow I was successful. But to redeem the voucher I have to call to redeem the voucher (which I think it is a complete joke) and I was put on hold for many hours.
RouteLondon to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Service is non-existent"

Trip Verified | British Airways canceled my flight to London on June 3 due to COVID-19. It is July 23 and they still have not refunded my money. I've reached out to executives after trying the usual customer service path. Nothing has worked. They will not call me and will not provide me any resolution. They are blatantly ignoring emails asking for help. Avoid British Airways. Service is non-existent and they will keep your money. They are keeping almost $3000US of our money.
RouteAustin to London
Date FlownJuly 2020

"BA has failed completely"

Trip Verified | London to Frankfurt. I made the mistake of exchanging my April flights with BA for a voucher, because of the travel disruption due to the pandemic. Big mistake. BA has failed completely and does not seem to care. I tried to book an August flight using the voucher, but frlights cannot be booked online using a voucher. You have to wait for hours on the phone to speak to someone. Customer service tried to charge me twice the original cost. Then no email confirmation for hours, after I chased it up (another long wait on hold). Email confirmation showed they had booked the wrong outbound date - service supervisor denied any error on their part and refused to rebook for correct date or give a refund. A few days later I started all over again and booked an alternative outbound date (still not the one I wanted, but better) - And 3 weeks later, BA cancelled the return flight! So I Called for a refund to be told "If it hasn't appeared in my account after 21 days, to get back in touch". Things go wrong. It's how you deal with problems that mark out good customer service. BA hasn't a clue!
RouteLondon to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2020

"This is appalling business practice!"

Trip Verified | BA cancelled my flight to Lyon, March/April 2020, because of the Corona crisis. I could not obtain a refund, as the BA website and telephone service made this impossible, it just sent me round in circles. So I opted for a Future Travel Voucher, as this could be obtained via the website. I have now tried to use the voucher for a flight to Munich, and was informed by the website that I have to call BA for this. The Silver card member phone number is inaccessible, as BA has reduced telephone access to one number. I have now called this number five times, each time I was told to call at another time, as 'in these difficult times, they had to protect staff'. This is exactly the same message that I received the many times I called for a refund. Is BA not honouring their voucher system, trying to fob off customers and keep their money? This is appalling business practice!
RouteLondon Heathrow to Lyon
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"efficient, clean and punctual"

Trip Verified | A short hop from London to Edinburgh in November 2019 - efficient, clean and punctual. The airport experience was straightforward and I think flying from City you get simplicity but miss out on the bigger aircraft which are a bit more comfortable. I got my luggage quickly at the other end and I appreciated having a wide range of flight times to choose from.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteLondon City to Edinburgh
Date FlownNovember 2019

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL