British Airways

"refund for seat assignments"

Trip Verified | I purchased roundtrip tickets for my wife and I to travel from Orlando, Florida to Accra, Ghana and I purchased advance seat assignments. Unfortunately, British Airways only gave me the seats I paid for for one of four international legs our our roundtrip. I have been fighting with British Airways to get my refund for these seat assignments. They have only provided me with refund of $234. Despite several phone calls and filing multiple on-line calls and providing them with detailed, my fightcontinues. Their customer service is really poor. I will never purchase advance seat assignments with them again.
RouteOrlando, Florida to Accra, Ghana
Date FlownDecember 2019

"still consider other airlines"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Geneva via London. I stopped flying BA about three years ago after they dramatically downgraded their service. Apparently things have improved somewhat since, so I decided to give them another try. Overall, I was happy with my experience, save for two major gripes. On the plus side: I flew on new aircraft, which were comfortable, albeit with the usual narrow seats for modern aircraft (same with all airlines). Legroom on the 787-9 was generous and seemed to be more than the official 31". Pilots were very good and informative, as always with BA. Quality of food on long-haul has definitely improved since the bad old days of soggy pasta and droopy sandwiches; I rather enjoyed the meals served, which were on nice large trays. The IFE was just about adequate, though surprisingly dated for such new aircraft. Cathay Pacific's is far superior. The two major downsides: 1. The new Basic Economy fare. It is really pesky and serves only to disgruntle passengers. BA really need to get rid of it. Virtually everyone on long-haul has to check in a bag, so please just include it in all airfare types. If I wanted to be nickle-and-dimed, I'd fly to Gatwick on a charter airline. Also, not being able to choose a seat even at the time of check-in is infuriating. I was automatically allocated a middle seat even though the entire rear half of the plane was empty! This just goes to show that you will get a middle seat unless you pay. Thankfully, the lady at check-in changed it to a window seat free of charge after I asked nicely. 2. No complimentary catering on short-haul. Seeing as virtually all passengers flying to/from Heathrow are connecting to/from long-haul flights with BA and have spent at least $1,000 on their airfare, I resented a drink and snack not being included on the short-haul segment of my trip. BA should not be treating connecting passengers the same as those on low-cost airlines who only paid a few dollars for a short trip. If BA would get rid of these two new features, I would not hesitate to fly with them again, as everything else about my trip was pleasant. As it is, I would still consider other airlines.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteToronto to Geneva via London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"sleeping was quite impossible"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to London Heathrow with British Airways. One of the best flights I’ve had in a premium cabin. The service, seat, food and wine are among the best I’ve experienced. The only gripe I had was the cabin temperature which was quite warm and sleeping was quite impossible at first even with pyjamas on provided by BA. The cabin attendant did my own bed and it was a nice touch. I would not hesitate flying First class with BA on my next flight.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteHong Kong to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Layout of Boeing 787 cabin is poor"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Amsterdam via London. Layout of Boeing 787 cabin is poor with rearmost seat not having luggage bins (row 42-44 D, E, and F,). In addition the crew fill the bins over the outer seats (row 42-43 K, J) with their bags and blankets. I would not recommend BA or the 787.
RouteSan Jose to Amsterdam via London

"luggage was not loaded"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Paris via London. The flight was a ok, dated seating with shakey arms not the most comfortable but a serviceable experience. However our luggage was not loaded onto the flight, the second time this happened now with BA and despite a 13 hour flight, 2 hour stopover, and 1 hour flight to Paris BA did not make any effort to inform us at any time of the issue. Instead after travelling for around 17 hours we had to wait for the baggage to all come and clear before we realised ours was missing. Being a Sunday and most shops close at lunchtime that also left little time to buy emergency items and the despite knowing they hadn’t loaded the baggage they could not find a way to send it quicker than 24 hours after arrival meaning 2 out of 3 days in Paris will be spent without luggage.
RouteSingapore to Paris via London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Everything went like clockwork"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to London. Everything went like clockwork and nothing could be disliked about this flight. Professional crew with beams on their faces, new aircraft (it's important to choose a seat no further than row 14 in A321neo, as those seats are the old type Pinnacle seats and have better legroom), very informative captain who told us about expected turbulence before we had taken off (very much appreciated), on time landing and good atmosphere on board! The food in Euro Traveller is unfortunately no longer free, however being in BA's Executive Club you can pay for the food & drinks with avios, which is very convenient. The only drawback I could find is a long queue to the bag check-in at Warsaw Airport - 3 opened check-in counters for approx. 200 people is rather not enough.
AircraftA321neo
RouteWarsaw to London

"I would recommend BA"

Not Verified | New York to London Heathrow. Very good, staff very nice, comfortable seats, seat recline good enough, food a bit limited. I would recommend BA to others since they are a very good airline.
RouteNew York to London Heathrow

"never fly BA again"

Not Verified | London to Los Angeles. Take off was delayed by 3 hrs (which we spent onboard) because of a dent to the door which needed inspection - sure maybe outside of their control. I was flying with my wife and two kids (2 & 4), sitting on bulkhead with 3 seats and using the baby bassinet facility. After take off we saw that the inflight entertainment service (for the whole section - not whole cabin) was not working. And we were sitting into an 11.5hr overnight flight with two little ones, meaning sleeping was not going to happen. We contacted the cabin crew who made zero accommodation. Sorry they said. During the flight the cabin crew stood in the galley behind the bulkhead talking loudly while the lights were dimmed, and kept slamming drawers as they moved things around. To cap it off, we landed at 10pm ET and they had left behind our baby car seat and stroller. We finally received them back 2 days later. Conclusion, never fly BA again.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2019

"need to move with the times"

Not Verified | British Airways (Comair) Johannesburg to Cape Town route is never less than fully subscribed, and on this occasion the equivalent of Club Europe stretched back 9 rows. Service followed the usual pattern of a drink (champagne included) and Comair’s idiosyncratic ‘four-course meal’, I.e. a tiny salad, a hot course that one could see before choosing, a minute iced cake and a minuscule cheese & biscuits. The hot meal is invariably scorched around the edges. Comair really need to move with the times to a more modern business class offering. Aside from the meal, the flight was typically efficient, with arrival slightly ahead of schedule.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"offer a kids free zone"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok. It's not what it used to be but most importantly, it does not deliver what it promises any longer. Disappointing food, outdated and uncomfortable seats, appalling baggage handling at LHR, and mediocre crew service onboard. The customer service online is just as bad. My most recent experience was early January 2020 when they put me next to a couple with a newborn baby in Club World on an overnight flight from LHR to BKK. Baby screams, could not sleep and as the cabin was full, they could not move me. The couple was very nice, apologetic and we just had to bear the 12 hours long haul flight together. However, my dealings with customer service was appalling. When is BA going to offer a kids free zone in Club World for people who need to work or sleep?
RouteLondon to Bangkok

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL