Breeze Airways

"Breeze has a good product and plan"

Not Verified | After my daughter had a nightmare experience in Charlotte with American Airlines, I decided to search again for non-stop options between SAV and BDL, I was tired of having to switch planes and worry about missing a connection. I know that Jetblue does non-stop to BOS from SAV, but BDL is 30 minutes away and BOS is 90 minutes and BDL is a much less hectic airport, plus, Jetblue has now become one of the most expensive airlines. I was surprised to find direct flights via Breeze on WED and SAT and decided to try it. Plus, $49 base price allowed me to upgrade to their "nicer" seating for a very good price. The flight left on time, the crew was friendly, the plane was new and clean, and the flight was smooth. Avoiding the hassle and worry of having to connect in a busy airport is well worth it. I see the negative comments and the problems that people have experienced, Breeze has a good product and plan, I hope that they learn from their mistakes and improve.
RouteSavannah to Hartford

"a variety of issues”

Trip Verified | So, appreciated the direct service from JAX to LAX (the only one available) but, as a first time Breeze flyer have a variety of “issues”: flew “first class” yet boarding was not staggered so they called all zones at once (huh?). By the time I got in there was no bag space anywhere near my row (silly/easily avoidable). Brought my iPad for entertainment but as we settled in at 30,000 feet was told that if I didn’t have the App / paid for service (which you couldn’t do in flight) you were out of luck—this should be written in bold letters on the side of the plane! A five hour flight without internet or entertainment, lovely. Finally, I appreciate the free M&Ms but asking me to pay for the only food option—crackers/cheese—was a bit much. CRAZY IDEA: for long haul flights charge a few $ more (after all, you have a monopoly on the route) and provide free food options (how about a sandwich?) for first class. Appreciate the idea/need for Breeze but monopolies fail for a reason—poor customer service. One final thought on culture. Given the economy-first customer-second ethos, I found the in flight crew less than friendly or accommodating. Culture has a way of infecting everything - unfortunately!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteJacksonville to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2023

"so much better than other options"

Trip Verified | We flew the LA to Providence non stop. Had first class seats. It was so much better than other west coast options to the west coast from Providence. Non stop makes a world of difference. Would fly breeze again.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to Providence
Date FlownAugust 2023

"lack of customer service"

Trip Verified | Prior to arriving I was unable to check in on the app, when we arrive the agent told us it was $50 instead of the $35 that was listed on the app to check bags, but their app has been having issues so gave me their phone number to issue a refund. I text & receive a response over 12 hours later not admitting fault to the app having issues although I proceeded to provide a snapshot of the App Store “bug fixes” and unwilling to make up the difference, continuing to be rude and place the blame on me for not emailing when the app was having issue. Yes, this review is over a total of $45. Also, when I was on the plans and went to order the meat & cheese snack on a 5 hour flight they had “ran out” which left the option for junk food. No WiFi and the seats were the worst I’ve ever experienced. This won’t turn me away from a cheap airline but I wanted everyone to know about the lack of customer service, I guess you get what you pay for.
RoutePittsburgh to Orange County CA
Date FlownAugust 2023

"doubt if I’ll ever fly Breeze again"

Trip Verified |  My first flight was canceled after many delays. Showed up for my new flight almost 24 hours later. Again, delay, delay, delay. Finally got to my destination at midnight and sat on the plane for 30 minutes before we could get off the plane. No offer of compensation for meals, overnight stay or inconvenience. Offered $100 credit, but after this fiasco, I doubt if I’ll ever fly Breeze again!
RouteAkron Canton to Charleston
Date FlownAugust 2023

"the staff was wonderful"

Trip Verified | The flight was on time the staff was wonderful. I paid for nicer so everything was elevated. It was really nice. Security was a breeze and the desk at the door was as well. Hats off to you.
RouteSyracuse to Tampa
Date FlownAugust 2023

"don't want any future flight with you"

Not Verified | Will never book a flight with this airline. I book a flight for somebody else. Something came up and I need to cancel the flight. Well it's nearly impossible. There's no customer service that you can call. I googled it and found out I need to create an account to be able to do anything. So I created an account under my name, look up the flight using confirmation #. Well it's not found. Changed the account name to the passenger name, that didn't work either. Finally, I found a number. Some lady answered, after explaining my whole situation, she requested that I send her the confirmation #. She couldn't find it because it hasn't been upload. I said to her, I have the email from breeze airways with confirmation number. What do you mean it hasn't been uploaded. Then I sent to her a different email from Priceline (where I booked the ticket). After she put me on hold like 5-6 times over the course of an hour, I finally got an email from her asking if I agree to the cancellation. I replied yes but I need to attach a picture of my ID. She explained to me it will be 99 dollars. I said ok fine. All of a sudden I get an email from my bank there's been a $99 transaction that I need to confirm. So I asked why am I being charge an extra $99 (on top of the ticket). I asked her, why can't you just deduct the $99 from the ticket and refund me the remaining amount. She said it will be refund to my bank (don't know when) or I will get credit back for future flight with them. Now I'm just hoping I will get the money back into my account instead of having to pay an extra $99 and still some dumb credit through them and having to fly with them in the future. No I don't want any future flight with you.
Date FlownAugust 2023

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Very good. I would very likely fly with Breeze again. All that I expect is a good price (easily best price.) Be on time. Seats were comfy although a lil snug I've never read a good review of Breeze,(this goes back to time when Southwest cancelled a ton of flights- Breeze did as well. I was pleasantly surprised, and will book travel with Breeze again.
RouteNorfolk to Providence
Date FlownAugust 2023

"customer service is non-existent"

Trip Verified | Breeze customer service capability is non-existent. On this flight from CVG to SFO, they lost my suitcase. Now I am in San Francisco for 2 weeks with no clothes, no toilet goods, no medications, and I am missing several items I need for my work. There was no one in the baggage area to help me with this problem I went to the Breeze ticket counter and talked to the only person there. She told me she would have to contact her customer service people via a messaging app. She tried to do this. I waited for a response for over an hour to no avail. I asked her how to follow up and she told me to contact Breeze via text messaging or Facebook messenger. I have tried repeatedly to do both over the past 24 hours. I have received no response and no acknowledgement of my messages. Breeze has no customer service capability. No telephone contact number. No response capability to text messaging or Facebook messenger. Anyone who flies on this airline should be prepared for losing any checked baggage with no recourse from the airline By all appearances, it is a poorly run, poorly managed business. I hope that the managers of this business are better at pilot hiring/training and plane maintenance than they are at customer service.
RouteCincinnati to San Francicso
Date FlownJuly 2023

"my first and last trip with Breeze"

Trip Verified | If you are flying Breeze, do not worry about getting to the airport early for security. Because you will be waiting at least an hour for your flight because it will definitely be delayed! And right now as I write this we are sitting in the plane not moving not at the gate. Today be my first and last trip with Breeze. I mean seriously, do better!
RouteCharleston to Norfolk