Boutique Air

"This airline failed me"

Trip Verified | I had a departing flight for on 11/23 scheduled for 6pm to see my family for Thanksgiving. Just for context, this airline has two flights departing from my local airport each day: 12pm and 6pm. On 11/23, my 6pm was cancelled. I was assured that the next-day's flight would be highly unlikely to be cancelled, so I was rescheduled for the it: 11/24's, 6pm. The next day rolls around and I get a text at noon that this flight was also to be cancelled. Great, now I can't see my family for Thanksgiving. What baffles me is that on each of these days, both 12pm flights were not cancelled. The airline definitely knew in advanced that my 6pm would fall-through. Therefore, why was I not offered a seat on a 12pm? Especially on that second day - they had a customer who obviously would have faced a second cancellation in a row, yet it didn't cross anyone's mind to offer me a seat on the same-day's 12pm that was 'On Time'. They were professional about it. But customer service is their only saving grace considering they aren't competent enough to work out the logistics of how to reliably route flights. I know this because the reason I was told both of my flights were cancelled was because "The plane got held up at another airport." Yeah, that's right....not a serious maintenance, weather, or issue with the pilot. It was because a plane got held up and the pilot didn't have time to fly (as if they had another leg after that last 6pm flight for the day). This company needs to realize that people are depending on them for their travel plans - especially near the holidays. In the real world, airlines will depart at whatever time necessary to successfully get their passengers from A to B. These guys, however, don't take their company's mission seriously enough to follow through on that task. A little hiccup here and there? Flight cancelled. A parent of mine died. It was very important that I could be home with my family to spend our first Thanksgiving together in memory of her. This airline failed me. That's no longer going to happen. But at least I got a phone call from a customer service rep apologizing and offering a refund. This company is simply going to fail, because they focus less on how to coordinate flights professionally and instead spend that effort on how to apologize to customers professionally.
RoutePensacola to Muscle Shoals
Date FlownNovember 2021

"insanely unprofessional these people are"

Trip Verified | I cannot express how insanely unprofessional these people are. I booked my flight a month in advance and, having been stranded at O'Hare before, I made sure to get there hours early to ensure there was no possibility I'd miss this flight. I got a boarding pass, but became suspicious when everyone else on the flight (there were only 8 passengers) was called to weigh carry-on luggage and I was not. When I asked at the gate, I was informed that the flight was full and there was a problem with my ticket, that for some reason, I was showing up as flying stand-by. Nope. The person at the counter repeatedly asked if I was "with Dan" or "Dan's girlfriend." When I said no, but asked how I could have been issued a boarding pass if the plane was full, I got a shrug. Refusing to give up my seat, the flight was continually delayed until hours later, they told us there were "mechanical issues" and then "bad weather" and that we should all plan to be back at 5:30 AM the next morning to depart. Of course, some people wanted refunds and some of us were out $250 for hotel rooms (Boutique says they'll reimburse up to $100, but that remains to be seen). The next morning, those of us who still wanted to fly were there at 5:30, but again, delayed - no communication from Boutique, just no one present at the gate. Finally, a staff person showed up around 8 AM and as inconvenienced passengers complained about the delay, one woman, who had not been scheduled to fly the night before, laughed and said, "Well, it definitely won't leave without us. I have the pilot's coffee!" Why is that relevant? Because a plane full of people were delayed for over 12 hours, paying for food and lodging in Chicago, because the pilot wanted his girlfriend on the flight. With a full plane, there wasn't room for her as a passenger on the manifest until the inconvenience persuaded some people to go with alternative transportation. Once we boarded the plane, she sat in the cockpit with him for the duration. Unbelievable. Never again. Which works, actually, because they no longer serve my local airport after their door opened on takeoff leaving Minneapolis earlier this year. So much for that "flawless" safety record.
RouteChicago to Ironwood
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever flown with. The customer service lady was asleep and the baggage handler) was rude to my daughter and other customers. He even made a point to loud talk a lady in a wheelchair because she didn’t get his calls. Flight delayed for 8 hours and even the chat people are rude. Save your money and time!
RouteAtlanta to Muscle Shoals
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Delayed my flight last minute"

Trip Verified | Delayed my flight last minute from Altoona to Pittsburgh due to the weather. It was a 30-minute flight and the weather was clear and sunny in both locations. I told them this would cause me to miss my connecting flight and that I'd have to rent a car. They did not even refund my $40 (petty) I was told that there was nothing they could do.
RouteAltoona to Pittsburgh
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Absolutely horrible in every way possible"

Not Verified | If you enjoy getting furious and having travel plans completely screwed then book a flight with Boutique. Standing at the airport, no notice of cancellation and customer service simply says “nothing we can do”. Absolutely horrible in every way possible.
RouteMuscle Shoals Alabama to Atlanta GA
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"unreliable and unprofessional"

Not Verified | I wish I had read these reviews before booking. The company is unreliable and unprofessional. They left me stranded in Vermont with no options. My only notification that our flight was cancelled was a text message shortly before I was due to arrive at the airport. I called customer service and they were terrible, just totally unhelpful and unconcerned. Only other option to fly on another airline was 4x price of their flight and they said they would only refund up to $150 and make no attempt to assist in rebooking. Only explanation was "flight crew unavailable". Seems like this is not an uncommon occurrence with them. Do not fly this airline.
RouteBurlington to Boston

"company is unprofessional"

Trip Verified | The airline was several hours late. Every 30 minutes it was pushed back further. Our airplane was in another state on the ground at our expected boarding time. I could have driven to my destination in less time then I waited for this flight. The company is unprofessional and will screw your travel plans. I will never fly boutique air again.
RouteBoston to Burlington

"unprofessionalism is unbelievable"

Trip Verified | I will never fly your airline again. The level of unprofessionalism is unbelievable. My family was scheduled to fly from Dallas, TX to Greenville, MS on August 8, 2021 at 6:40 p.m. We returned our rental car to the main terminal and called your airlines as instructed, for a ride to your terminal. Of course, no one answered. We called your Customer Service (CS), who transferred us to another number, where again, no one answered. We decided to take a cab to your terminal. We arrived at your terminal at 5:30 p.m. No one was there. We were still assuming our flight would be leaving on time. After waiting for 40 minutes, my daughter received a text from Boutique at 6:10 p.m., stating our flight was cancelled. She immediately calls CS and we are told, "no flights are available until Tuesday". We are educators and our first day of school was Monday. Boutique did not even have the decency to have someone at their counter. We literally had to beg a neighboring airline crew for a ride to the main terminal to try and rent a car to drive six hours home. We had to pay $500 for a rental car. Boutique says they will reimburse $150, but it will take a couple of weeks. We probably will never see that money. We did not make it home until 3:00 a.m. And yes, we went to work and did our job!!
RouteGreenville to Dallas
Date FlownAugust 2021

"left stranded in Baltimore"

Trip Verified | Because my flight was cancelled with this airline, I was left stranded in Baltimore. The flight for the next evening was also cancelled. My whole weekend was ruined because of this. I got a hotel room for the night. The next day my husband drove three hours to pick me up, and three hours back. When I received a text that my hotel reimbursement was declined, I was not a happy camper. I will never, ever fly this airline.
RouteBaltimore to Altoona
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I was stranded with no option"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight to Nashville through a travel agency with this airline. The route showed a change of planes in Muscle Shoals, AL. After successfully checking in Pensacola, the plane arrived on time for departure and we left for Muscle Shoals. I was enjoying the flight and we landed successfully in AL for my change of planes. That is where my nightmare begin. After departing the plane, I questioned the agent on which gate I need to be at for my departure for Nashville. I was then informed that this airline no longer flew out of Muscle Shoals to Nashville, TN. I asked her why the airline ticket agent in Pensacola allowed me to check in when he clearly knew my destination. I also asked why wasn't I informed to this prior to the flight. She informed me that her boss had contacted all passengers headed to Nashville. I assured her that I had flight information that had been sent to me the same day with no changes in my flight. Of course, she blamed the travel agency. She informed me that this change had occurred over a month ago. However, my sister reviewed the site the same day and it showed the same flight information that I had. I asked about being rerouted through another airline, as I purchased the travel insurance, but was told that this airline was the only airline that flew out of this hub and the nearest airport was over an hour away. After realizing that I was stranded with no option, other than renting a car and driving myself, I contacted a friend who drove over 4 hours to get me. Of course, this problem caused me to not be able to reach the hotel that I planned to spend the night, which is another story. Because I booked it online, every number that I called to cancel, either could not find my booking or said that I had to cancel through the travel agency itself, making it impossible to cancel before the check-in. Needless to say, I had to pay for a rental car, pay for a hotel that I didn't get to use, pay for another flight home, and inconvenience a friend who ended up driving over 11 hours for an inconvenience created by this airline. What I don't understand is this: If this airline had attempted to contact me unsuccessfully, why didn't they send me an email? Although my travel agency is working with me, but the airline refused a full refund. In fact, they still want to charge me for taking to Muscle Shoals, AL, which is a location their airline routed me to that I never intended or wanted to go and had difficulty leaving and finding an alternate route to my original destination. I spent a total of 13 hours and $700 dealing with an error created by airline, not to mention the stress incurred.
RoutePensacola to Muscle Shoals via Nashville